英語の添削お願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 来週のスピーチの準備で英文の添削をお願いしたいです。お題は「大切な友達について」です。
  • 友達の名前の代わりに(name)を使っています。友達はとても優しくて食いしん坊な性格です。
  • スピーチの中で友達の優しさや食欲について具体的に話します。自分の文章を客観的に評価してほしいです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の添削お願いします

こんにちは。 来週のspeakingの授業でスピーチをすることになりました。 お題は「大切な友達について」です。 内容は書き終えたのですが、自分の文章が100%合ってるか自信がありません(むしろ、間違いの方が多いと思います。) 自分でも、一応見なおしたのですが、客観的な見地からの意見が欲しいです。 どうか添削お願いします。 I’ll introduce my friend,(name) We have known each other since elementary school days. When we were junior high school students, we joined same tennis club. That's why I know him a lot. He has two characteristics, Kindness and glutton. (Glutton means a person who eat food very much.) First, I’ll explain how kind he is. When I was a fifth grader, I played tag with my friends. (In order) to run away from it, I hid myself under the bridge. Then I made mistake and fell from three meters above, and I put my hands on the ground and had my wrists broken. Due to the accident, I thought that I spent terrible days for a month in elementary school. I couldn’t really take notes, go to the toilet, put on P,E uniform and so on. However, (my friend's name) always supported me. Without him, I couldn’t enjoy my school life for the month. I thanked his kindness and wanted support him, if he was in trouble. Second I’ll explain how gluttonous he is. He really eats very much. Whenever I hang out with him, he goes to McDonald's. Even when we should share cakes, potato chip and other snack, he eats them almost by himself. He is very kind, but I think he should stop the habit of eating so much. I hope that he don’t ruin himself for glutton. 「kind」の内容と「glutton」の内容のバランスの悪さは承知の上です。 二分間という制限なのでこの程度が適当ではないかと思いました。 (  )部分は友人の名前が入るのですが、友人の名前は非公開にさせていただきました。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。陳謝です。     僕は「   僕は、「喰いシンボ」という具体的名詞を glutton の形で使うのは文法的に間違いな(意味をなさない)ので y をつけて「食べ過ぎ」という抽象名詞にしただけです。」と言っています。 1。I hope that he don’t ruin himself for glutton.(質問者さんの原文、2カ所文法の間違い) 2。I hope he doesn’t ruin himself for gluttony.(僕が書くつもりだったが書かなかった文) 3。I hope he doesn’t ruin himself for being a glutton.(僕が#1として書いた文) 上の ”僕は「  僕は、 ”で始まる文は2の説明(すなわち僕の頭の中にあってどこにも書かなかった文の説明)です。申し訳ありません。2でも3でもいいとおもいます。     少し間違いも残しておかないと、先生方の仕事が無くなっちゃうので、気楽にスピーチしてください。

takotoika
質問者

お礼

追加解答ありがとうございます。 こちらの理解が届かず、申し訳ありません。 [don't]の部分はやってはいけない文法ミスでしたね(^^; 以後気をつけます。 glutton自体は、forと不釣り合いなのですね 本番では、「2」の文で話したいと思います。 明日は必ず緊張すると思うので、ゆっくり話したいと思います。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 1。 and 以下を削る案。    いいと思います。 2。2のEven when we should share cake, potato chips,~は、簡単に言うと「みんなの用のおかしなのに、ほとんど彼一人で食べてしまいます」ということを 表したかったのですが、こちらの語彙不足で表現方法が見つかりませんでした。 皆用のおかしを、「the cake to be shared」などで、表すとよりわかりやすくなるのでしょうか? Even when cake, potato chips, and other things are for everybody, he tends to hog them とも言えます。 hog は下記の、他動詞の1のように「独り占めする」と言う意味です。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=hog 3のI hope he doesn't ruin himself for gluttonは、「食べ過ぎで自身の破滅を招かないことを祈っていますと表したかったのですが、この表現は不適切でしょうか?     僕は、「喰いシンボ」という具体的名詞を glutton の形で使うのは文法的に間違いな(意味をなさない)ので y をつけて「食べ過ぎ」という抽象名詞にしただけです。

takotoika
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 1に関しては、補足で申し上げたやり方で書こうと思います。 2に関して、お菓子自体を主語に持って来ればよかったのですね! 皆用と表す際に、everybodyなどを使うと、ややこしくなるかと思っていましたが、実際は使っても大丈夫なのですね! 3に関して、あ「for glutton」を、SPS700さんが書いた「for being a glutton」に書き換えればそれで、よろしかったのですね(^^;) 二度に渡り、適切なご回答をありがとうございます。 これで、speechにも望めます。

• SPS700
回答No.1

なかなかいいじゃないですか。     1。I thanked his kindness and wanted to support him, if he was in trouble. 2. Even when we should share cake, potato chips and other snack, he eats them almost by himself. 3. I hope he doesn’t ruin himself for being a glutton.   僕で分かるのはこの3文ぐらいです。

takotoika
質問者

補足

ご回答ありがとうございます、そしてご指摘ありがとうございます。 ご指摘頂いた、文について説明したいと思います。 1の[I thanked his kindness and wanted to support him, ig he was in trouble.]なのですが、「私は彼の優しさに感謝しています。そして、彼が困ったときには、助けていきたいと思います。」と表したかったのですが、ややこしくなるようなので、and以降を消して、最後の文章に書きたいと思います。 2のEven when we should share cake, potato chips,~は、簡単に言うと「みんなの用のおかしなのに、ほとんど彼一人で食べてしまいます」ということを 表したかったのですが、こちらの語彙不足で表現方法が見つかりませんでした。 皆用のおかしを、「the cake to be shared」などで、表すとよりわかりやすくなるのでしょうか? 3のI hope he doesn't ruin himself for gluttonは、「食べ過ぎで自身の破滅を招かないことを祈っていますと表したかったのですが、この表現は不適切でしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 英語やくしてください

my husband is very gentle,kind and intelligent man.we are considerate to each other.i feel calm when I'm with him. my bf. he is all curiosty. he said you inspire my lifestyle. because we need motivation i am an artist and he is journalist こちらの2文は先翻訳頼んだ人より相当のろけていると 感じますが、どうなんでしょ。 翻訳よろしくお願いします。

• 【英語】作文の添削お願いします 

テーマ:印象に残っている贈り物 Most impressing present in my life is a watch that my father gave me when I passed the exam to enter the high school. My father used the watch before I was born, and he wouldn't put away it even though he was given a new watch by my mother and sister. I think the watch will have been very important for my father. So, I was very surprised when he gave it to me. At first, I hesitated to receive it, but I received it in the end because my father said with smiling that "I use this new watch". The watch was what my mother and sister gave him. My watch and my father's watch is very different because mine is very old and father's is new. However both of them are filled with love of my family. 文法や構成について指摘してください。

• 添削お願いします

添削お願いします I went to Yokohama with my friend and we ate alot of Chinese food. It was very great.

• よろしくお願いします

I have been mostly happily married for 13 years. My husband and I get along really well, and I love him very much. That being said, he is not the most affectionate person anymore. We used to cuddle a lot when we were first married and I have told him how much I miss it. He says he doesn’t enjoy it because it’s too hot. He’ll make an effort to snuggle while watching TV sometimes if I ask, but I can tell while we’re doing it that he is counting the minutes until he can stop. snuggleとは具体的にどのようなことでしょうか?あと、while we’re doing it that のthatはどのような役割でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am a man in my 60s. I'm writing out of concern for my friend. "Will" and I are the same age; in fact, we share a birthday. He and I became well-acquainted in childhood and were very attached to each other. But then, in my early teens, our relationship took on a new and unanticipated aspect. We found that we shared an interest in girls, and as we grew through our teens and into our early 20s, we had many adventures together. When I married, Will was there and always supportive. It wouldn't have been the same without him, and I'm sure my wife would agree. I never minded in the least the interest he showed in her. But now, Will seems to have lost much of his get-up-and-go. He no longer shows much interest in my wife or in any other woman. I've tried to get him to be more spontaneous, telling him stories and showing him pictures that he used to like, but I barely get a rise out of him. I've tried to get himはI've tried getting himではなくそのような形なのはなぜでしょうか?あと、ここでのget a rise out ofはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend is wonderful and kind and a great listener and very engaging with me, but actively is bored by all of my friends. He’s been willing to accompany me on various trips/meals with friends, but usually ignores people and tells me how bored he was afterwards. It means a lot to me to have him involved in various parts of my life. I don’t ask it of him often (I know he’s very introverted), but having him come just to be a downer is maybe worse than just not having him along. All my friends want to meet him and to become friends with the person who has made me tremendously happy for the last couple years, but on the off chance we do all get together, he basically just looks at his hands! Is there some way I can get him to interact in a nontaxing way? 1 ここでのengagingは「愛嬌のある」でしょうか? 2 having him come just to be a downer is maybe worse than just not having him along.の和訳を教えてください。 3 nontaxingはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 回答宜しくお願いします!!

• これで通じますか??添削お願いします(>_<)

My best friend lives in Hokkaido and studies oceanology at his college. He is going to take the exam about oceanology for entering grad school next summer. So,he has been studying it since last year. He said it is very hard for him,and but he would try his best. So,I hope he will pass,I want to hold a Passing Party!

• 英文添削お願いします。Argentine

英文添削お願いします。Argentine I heard from my friend who made a trip to the U.K that when he was at Heathrow Airport , an /one immigration officer had asked him many 1uestions about why you came to England ,how long he would be staying,and how much money he had and so on .Then he had fed up with them and and felt himself being racially discriminated After retuning to Argentine,he told me he would never go there again. 2 I heard from my friend who made a trip to the U.K that when at Heathrow Airport,he had been asked many questions about~.(上記と同じ) 3heard from my friend who made a trip to the U.K that an/one immigration officer at Heathrow Airport had asked him many questions by saying"Why did you come to England?,How long and where will you be staying? ,How much money do you have? and so on."Then~. アルゼンチン人と話をしていて、時制など関係なく話していて、3等はaboutをlike"~"のような言い方だったと思うのですが、「イギリスに行った友達が空港で何しに来たの、何日間どこでいるの、所持金は?とかいっぱい質問されたって聞いたよ。もう行かないって言ってたよ」と一文で纏めたいのですが(自然な表現で)1から3をは不自然とは思うのですが使える部分や修正して頂ければ有り難いです。 また違う表現があれば教えていただければより有り難いです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の問題の添削をお願いします。

1.次の各文の( )内から適する語句を選びなさい。 (1)Jim was born on the day (アwhich イwhen ウwhere) his father went to Paris. (2)We live (アwhich イthat ウwhere) our aunt used to live. (3)He went to Osaka, (アwhich イwhere ウthere) he met a friend of his. (4)Do you know the exact time (アwhich イwhom ウwhere エwhen) the accident occurred? (5)Keep on with your studies, (アhowever イno matter what ウso エwhatever) hard it sometimes seems. (6)"Are you going somewhere during the vacation?"-"Yes,I've found a nice beach (アhow イwhen ウwhere エwhich) I can enjoy swimming even in February." (7)It's not only her friends that Ms.Kinoshita is kind to. She helps (アthose イwhatever ウwhoever エwhom) needs her help. 2.次の各文の_に適する関係副詞を書きなさい。 (1)Tell me the reason _ she refused my offers. (2)Kumi wanted to live in a place _ she could see the ocean. (3)I remember the day _ my grandmother left Japan. (4)Kathy was taken _ she had never been before. (5)The day was very windly _ we visited our teacher. (6)I was going to shopping,_ Tom called me up. (7)He returned to his native land,_ he spent the last few years of his life. 3.次の各文の誤りを正して全文を書きなえなさい。 (1)You may invite whomever wants to come. (2)Please call on me whatever you want to. (3)This is the house which I lived in my early days. (4)They come to a large lake, that they took a rest for a while. (5)She didn't tell me the reason, why she would not work. (6)How careful he was, he couldn't avoid the accident. 4.次の文を関係副詞を使って書き変えなさい。 (1)This is the way in which they ran out of the burning house. (2)This is the village that I first met him in. (3)The day on which we arrived in New York was Sunday. 5.次の2つの文を関係副詞を使って1つの文にしなさい。 (1)August is the month. We have no school then. (2)Last week I visited the town. You used to live there. (3)We walked to the park. And there we played tennis for an hour. (4)I went to see Bill last Saturday. And then it was raining. 6.次の日本文に合うように、( )内の語句を並べ変えなさい。(4)は( )内の語を並び替えて_に入れ、英文を完成させなさい。 (1)私たちはこうして友だちになりました。(became/friends/how/is/this/we/.) (2)私はロイが早起きをしたわけを知っています。(early/got up/I/know/Roy/the reason/why/.) (3)意志があるところには道がある。(a/there's/where/will),there's a way. (4)Unfortunately,_ _ _ _, _ was one step ahead of us. (fast/he/however/ran/we) 7.次の英文を日本文に直しなさい。 (1)Dinner is ready whenever you may come back. (2)Wherever you may go, always be kind to others. 1.(1)イ (2)ウ (3)イ (4)エ (5)ア (6)エ (7)ウ 2.(1)why (2)where (3)when (4)where (5)when (6)when (7)where 3.(1)You may invite whoever wants to come. (2)Please call on me whenever you want to. (3)This is the house where I lived in my early days. (4)They came to a laege lake, where they took a rest for a while. (5)She didn't tell me the reason why she would not work. (6)However careful he was, he couldn't avoid the accident. 4.(1)This is how they ran out of the burning house. (2)This is the village where I first met him. (3)The day when we arrived in New York was Sunday. 5.(1)August is the month when we have no school. (2)Last week I visited the town where you used to live. (3)We walked to the park, where we played tennis for an hour. (4)I went to see Bill last Sunday, when it was raining. 6.(1)This is how we became friends. (2)I know the reason why Roy got up early. (3)Where there's a will, there's a way. (4)Unfortunately, [however we ran fast, he] was one step ahead of us. 7.(1)あなたがいつ戻ってきても、夕食の準備はできています。 (2)どこへ行っても、他人にはいつも親切にしなさい。 多いですが、よろしくお願いいたします。