• 締切済み

感慨深げに

以下のような英作文の問題です。自分で書いてみました。 「ある老教授が退職間際になって、「もし若いときに受けた留学の面接試験に合格していたら、そのあとの私の人生は全く違ったものになったのだろうが」と感慨深げに漏らされたのをきいた。 I heard an old professor, who was about to retire, say with deep emotion that "If I had passed the interview exam for studying abroad, my life would have been completely different. 自信がないのが2か所ありました。 「退職間際」ですが be about to で書いてみました。 「感慨深げに」ですが with deep emotion で書いてみました。 これらの表現の仕方で構わないでしょうか。あるいは、もっと別な言い方などが思い浮かべば、教えていただけると助かります。ちなみに、文章全体も、見ていただけるととても助かります。よろしくお願いします。

noname#150377
noname#150377
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.3

立派な英語と思います。 be about to の替わりには be (going) to がありますが、about でよいのではないかと思います。 with deep emotion は単に with emotion が簡潔でベターと思いますが如何でしょうか。with feeling, moved, feelingly などの案もあります。

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.2

一番です、たびたび失礼します、 [emotion][emotional]を使わずに(感情を込めての意味と同時に、興奮しての、意味もあるので)敢えてこれを避けて、、、単に「missing his young days」だけで済まして、その後は直接話法で、、、、で攻めてみました。 I heard an old professor, on the eve of his retirement, missing his young days, say, “If I had passed the interview exam for studying abroad, my life would have been completely different.”

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

「ある老教授が退職間際になって、「もし若いときに受けた留学の面接試験に合格していたら、そのあとの私の人生は全く違ったものになったのだろうが」と感慨深げに漏らされたのをきいた。 I heard an old professor, who was about to retire, say with deep emotion that (*)"If I had passed the interview exam for studying abroad, my life would have been completely different. 退職間際、、、、 「on the eve of his retirement」→「退職直前に」「退職を前に」も候補に入れて下さい。 「with deep emotion」、、、、で一向に構いませんが、一寸大袈裟っぽさを感じましたので、この場合の「感慨深げに」を、、、、「懐古趣味の懐かしさ、圧倒的な感謝、と僅かばかりの後悔、、、、」みたいなもの全てひっくるめて、、、、、、 I heard an old professor, on the eve of his retirement, say nostalgically with thanks and subtle sigh that if he had passed the interview exam for studying abroad, his life would have been completely different. subtle sigh→「それとないため息」、「soft sigh」→「穏やかなため息」 老教授の台詞部分(*)、、、「間接話法と直接話法」がゴチャゴチャになっていますね。 参考にしてください。

関連するQ&A

• 感慨深げに

以下のような英作文の問題です。自分で書いてみました。 「ある老教授が退職間際になって、「もし若いときに受けた留学の面接試験に合格していたら、そのあとの私の人生は全く違ったものになったのだろうが」と感慨深げに漏らされたのをきいた。 I heard an old professor, who was about to retire, say with deep emotion that "If I had passed the interview exam for studying abroad, my life would have been completely different. 自信がないのが2か所ありました。 「退職間際」ですが be about to で書いてみました。 「感慨深げに」ですが with deep emotion で書いてみました。 これらの表現の仕方で構わないでしょうか。あるいは、もっと別な言い方などが思い浮かべば、教えていただけると助かります。ちなみに、文章全体も、見ていただけるととても助かります。よろしくお願いします。

• ~の理由の1つとして、~があります。 英語に訳す

度々お世話になっています。 下記の文章を英訳したいのですが、自分なりに訳すと下記の通りになります。 「留学失敗の理由の1つとして、海外にいるにもかかわらず、 多くの日本人と話す機会を持ちすぎてしまうことが挙げられます。」 "It is considered to talk with Japanese too much in spite of staying abroad as one of reasons which many Japanese fail about studying abroad." 気になる点は下記です。 (1)in spite of の位置はこれで正しいでしょうか。 (2)"many Japanese fail about studying abroad."は、 多くの日本人が留学に失敗すると訳したつもりなのですが、 通常このような訳し方で通じますでしょうか。 お忙しい中恐れ入りますが、ご教示よろしくお願いします。

• 「I am happy for my son to~」 はOKでしょうか?

英語再勉強中の者です。 I am happy・・・・・という文に於いて、 「that節」→「for~to不定詞」への置換は可能でしょうか? 例としまして、 I am happy that my son passed the exam. →I am happy for my son to have passed the exam. の置換はOKでしょうか? 英語得意な方、宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の文法 study

I gave up ( studying ) abroad as I could not save enough money. ( )の部分を書くのですが、合っていますか? 他の選択肢はstudied、to study、to studying、です。 toをつけるとこれから諦める…みたいなニュアンスになるかと思ってtoはないな、という判断をしました。 英語が苦手なので、わかりやすく解説していただけたら幸いです。

• 英文推薦書 感想聞かせてください。 アドバイスもよろしくお願いします。

英文推薦書 感想聞かせてください。 アドバイスもよろしくお願いします。 With tolerant character, I have warm consideration for circumference brightly and value a friend. I can have the flexibility that can revise oneself and humility to listen to a different opinion and one's thought and can be superior to sense of cooperation. The effort that is going to raise oneself is watched and wrestles with everything forward. As for the action for studies, I am very sincere. The class manner was very earnest and I concentrated on it I understood in that time, and to digest it and learned it. I had the stern eyes which stared at oneself, and the easy compromise investigated a questionable point without doing it till oneself could understand. I gain excellent results through three years as a result that all subjects worked hard to do a slipshod job steadily. I stopped at first, and the thought that the person himself studied abroad strongly thought about senior high school entrance to school seriously. There is 聞, and not only the admiration but also the strictness of the studying abroad really knows a direct story from people with the studying abroad experience enough many times. I wish to join it by agreement, and the intention is strong. Through interchange with the foreign students of not only the simple English acquisition but also various countries, I burn will to the studying abroad when I want to deepen culture and the understanding about manners and customs. I resemble a person / the will and, without a share, am convinced that it is a person for the recommendation.

• 英文チェックしてください

1 In my opinion, the company shouldn’t have taken an action such a way to increase the company’s revenue 2 She shouldn’t have said such a dirty word to him because he was upset with it after all. 3 I should not have entered to the university that is worthless. 1 If I had studied harder, I could have passed the exam. 2 I could have been possible to study abroad if I had been born in rich family. 3 I might have been to the office on time, if I had left my house 5 minutes earlier this mooring.

• 英訳していたのですが・・

以下の日本語を英訳してしてみました(同じような文なのですが)。 アドバイスをいただけると嬉しいです。 1 海外に行けば英語が話せるようになると思っている人が多いですが、私はそういう考えに反対です。 Many people think that you'll be able to speak English as long as you go abroad. But I don't agree with the idea. 2 英語が上手くなるには留学しなければいけないと言っている人がいますが、基本的には納得できないです。 Some people says that studying abroad is necessary to be able to speak English. But, in general, I don't like the idea.

• 意味を教えてください

I’m a college student who, a little over a month ago, broke it off with a guy I’d been in a relationship with for 10 months. There was no spark, and I felt like being single and exploring other options. My ex is completely, unabashedly in love with me still and has been taking it really hard. He calls and texts me constantly asking for me back. I’ve been broke lately, and I mentioned to him off-hand that I’m worried about funding my study abroad this summer. asking for me backとfunding my study abroadの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• He did really well to pas

He did really well to pass the exam.I'm sure I couldn't have passed it. 彼は本当に頑張った。もしわたしなら無理だっただろう。 というような意味なのですが、これはなぜcouldn'tのあと完了形なんですか?couldn'tでもう過去形なのになぜさらにhaveをつけるんですか?

• talk about ○○ with you or talk about ○○ to you?

教えて下さい。 私は○○についてあなたと話す。 I talk about ○○ with you . I talk about ○○ to you . どちらが正しいでしょう。