• ベストアンサー

この文のwithの用法

While economists see booming economic growth, ecologists see an economy that is altering the climate with consequences that no one can foresee. この文のclimate withのwithは誰も予見できない結果を持っている気候をかえているというように「~をもっている」と訳していいのでしょうか。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • masuo64
  • ベストアンサー率61% (19/31)
回答No.2

with が climate を修飾するのか altering を修飾するのかは定かではありませんが、「気候を変える」に「誰も予想できないような結果」が後から付いて来るという点では、どちらも大して違いはありませんね。 なので、「~を持っている」でよいと思います。 日本語的には「気候を変えて誰も予想出来ない結果が伴うような経済」とやった方が日本語っぽいかもしれませんね。

habitant
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.3

辞書における"climate"の最初の語義は「気候」ではありますが、その次の語義は『研究社 リーダーズ英和辞典』ですと「環境、風潮、思潮」とあり、"economic climate"には「経済環境[情勢]」という訳語があてられています。御質問の文章では「環境」が相応しいと思います。

habitant
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

経済は気候を変えている、その結果は誰も予測出来ない、という2つの内容をつないだ文章と見て下さい。with はむろん前置詞ですが接続詞的役割を果たしています。

habitant
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文について教えてください

この英文について教えてください Those few degrees of extra warmth meant that Venus could not hold on to its surface water ,with disastrous consequences for its climate. 訳;その数度の余分な暖かさのために、金星は地表の水を保ち続けることができず、そのことが気候に対して悲惨な結果をもたらした 質問なんですが with disastrous consequences for its climateのwithの用法・意味がよく分からないです withには「~を伴って」という意味はありますが、それでは (そのことが気候に対して悲惨な結果をもたらした)ではなく(気候に対して悲惨な結果を伴って)になるし 「そのことが」も「もたらした(伴わせた)」と訳せないし意味がわかりません 意訳でしょうか?それともwithの用法・意味が「~を伴って」でなくほかの意味なのでしょうか?もしそうなら詳しく教えてください

• one/itとthat/thisの違い

先ほど質問させていただいたものにまた 新たに疑問が。。 The climate of japan is milder than that of England(日本の気候はイギリスの気候より温暖だ) このときのthatは前の文のThe climate をあらわしています でもこれって、名詞のかわりをするoneやitと同じじゃないですか?? oneとitの違いは定冠詞の不定冠詞みたいなかんじのくべつ、でも どういうときにthatをつかうのでしょうかoneやiyとの違いはなんでしょう。

• 少し長いですが文は簡単です!和訳お願いします!

少し長いですが、和訳の確認をしたいので よろしくお願いいたします... 地球温暖化のお話です! Alex says the Mars date is evidence that current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun. "The long-term increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars"he said. Alex believes that change in the sun's heat output can account for almost all the climate change we see on both planets. Mars and Earth, for instance , have experienced periodic ice ages throughout their histories. "Man-made greenhouse warming has made a small contribution to the warming seen on Earth in recent years , but it cannot compete with the increase in solar irradiance." By studying fluctuations in the warmth of the sun. Alex believes he can see a pattern that fits the ups and downs in climate we see on Earth and Mars.

• この文の訳!2

1.In either case, the decision on the dam could be made with better information at a later date. 2.Then it may well be that some other project will offer a better benefit/cost ratio. For example, a series of small dams rather than one large one might offer us the same hydropower and irrigation benefits, while avoiding the social and ecological damage. 3.It seems that we should use cost-benefit analysis with caution -- as we will see when we consider the issue of global climate change in Section3. 環境経済学の内容になっています。だいたい意味としては理解できるのですがうまく日本語に直せません。 1ではat a later date。これ自体の意味はわかるのですが文に組み込むと変な文になる…。 3ではas以降の文がうまく訳せません。出てくる単語の意味はわかるのですが文にならない…。 2は少し苦戦中。 もし、うまく訳せる人がいましたらよろしくお願いします。

• I will see if I can find one that w

I will see if I can find one that will fit your version. I will get back with you soon 訳を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の文の和訳お願いします。

以下の文の和訳お願いします。 Tell me what u think; how come u can be friends with an ex girlfriend or boy friend but you can be friends with the one ur with or gettin ready to marry is that being faithful or do u still have something to hide???

• 文構造を教えて下さい

To be a kokusaijin definitely does not mean that one belittles one's own country or constantly expresses admiration for some other country. It means that one is able to understand people in other countries, ※and with this understanding see the virtues and defects of one's own with an eventual aim of devoting one's efforts to making both one's own country and the rest of the world more decent places for human beings to live. ※あたりからの文の構造を教えていただけないでしょうか?      後半のmake O C やboth A and Bは理解しています。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語で書いた感想文です。

文法とかスペルに全然自信がなくて; もしよければ手伝って下さい。ほとんど間違えてると思いますが。 ソウルサーフとゆう映画映画の質問付の感想文です。 1, What have you learned from the movie? - i learned that when we think that life has ended, it is only just beginning. Everything in life has a purpose, a reason. There may be time that we think we want to give up, but that’s where you find real strength. Like Bethany, she is a very strong person. Terrible things happened to her even though it seems that she doesn’t deserve it because she is a very good person. But out of that terrible thing that happened, something good came out of it. She was able to overcame the problems she has faced. Anything is possible. All we need is faith, in God and in yourself. 2, How can you apply it in your life. 1, find something which is challenging for me. 2, Set a small goal. 3, get motivated 3, what have you felt when you try living with one arm? - I tried tying my hair with my one hand, and i realized that there is no way you can do that. how dificult it is to not be able to do something you normaly do everytime. お願いします。

• withの使い方を教えてください。

週刊STの過去エッセイ、第3段落です。 "Magic keys to a treasure palace" There's only one problem. All the rooms are locked! To get into each room, you need a special key. With hundreds of rooms, that means hundreds of keys. If you have one of these magic keys, you can open a door, enter a room and all its treasure will be yours. You'll be rich! If you don't have a key, you'll be locked out, stuck in the hall with the frustration of knowing about the incredible wonders behind each door. So, where are the keys to these rooms? How can you get them? with hundreds of roomsの所です。 このwithはいったいどんな使われ方をしていますか? 辞書で調べましたが、良くわかりませんでした。 解説お願いします。

• "love you bunches"

My wife of 25 years feels that emailing and texting male friends is nothing to be concerned about. By accident, I discovered she had visited one of these men when she was supposed to be at her girlfriend's for the weekend. She swears nothing happened. But I checked her laptop and found photographs of the two of them. When I asked about the pictures, she claimed she was planning to send them to me but never got around to it. We went for counseling after the weekend trip, and things calmed down for a while. She ceased communication with that guy, as far as I can tell. But I recently found email evidence that she is still communicating with the other guy she knew from high school. They close their emails with "love you bunches" or "xxxoooxxx," and I found one that said, "Good night, Sexy." bunchesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします