• 締切済み

英訳の修正をお願いします(メールの文です)

今日は残念なお知らせをあなたに言わなくてはいけません。 それは今年の短期留学についてなんですが、募集された人数が16人ぐらいでした。 でも今年の希望者は25人ぐらいいました。そう、10人以上いけなくなるってことです。 だから去年短期留学をした人は今年は行けないということになってしまいました。 今年は誰かが行けなくなったりしない限りは行けないです。 まだ確実に行けないとは言い切れないですが、ほぼ今年は無理だと思います。 本当に楽しみにしてたのに残念です。 I have to tell you something not cool... this year 16 people had recruit for the short term abroad,but there is about 25 people who enter the name for this...that means over 10 people won't be able to go...so who went last year they can't abroad this year unless someone decide to not to go. I can't say that these people who abroaded are surely unable to go, but I think this is quite imposible... This is shame that somepeople can't go, because I was really looking forward about it. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

回答No.2

ただの大学生なので大したことは言えませんが回答させて頂きます。 ▽2行目冒頭ですが、これだと16人が実際に希望をしたような意味合いになりそう。 "16 people are recruited"と受動態にするか、あるいは人数を示していることを明確にするため、"The number of people who ... is 16"という文型にした方がよいかと思います。 ▽10人以上行けない、の後に"Those who have never been abroad are prior(行ったことのない人が優先される)"のような文があった方が明快かもしれません。 unless以下は、"someone"よりも"an applicant"の方が分かりやすいのかな。動詞はdecideよりも"cancel"の方がより直接的かもしれません。そんなこんなで "unless an applicant should cancel his entry"とかが綺麗かなーなんて。 ▽4行目、度々「留学経験者」を英語で書くのは面倒ですよね。「私」がいけるかどうかが気になる点だと思うので、"I can't clearly say that I can't go"くらい簡素でいいんじゃないでしょうか。 ▽一番最後、Iとsome peopleで主語に一貫性がないように感じられるので、この際that以下を取り払って "It's a shame...I was really looking forward to it"でも今までの文脈があるから十分通じると思います。 留学行けるといいですね。お祈りしておきます。

回答No.1

こんにちは。アメリカ在住16年になる者です。 括弧内に書かれている箇所は、ご質問者さんの文章の(文法的な)手直しで、鍵括弧内(こういう『』括弧です)は私なりに完全に文章を変え、“こちらの言い回しの方がしっくりくる”と思ったものですので、別にご質問者さんの文章が間違っている訳ではありません。参考程度になれば幸いです。 I have to tell you something not cool... 『I have a very unfortunate news to tell you』 this year 16 people had (been) recruit(ed) for the short term abroad,but there (are) about 25 people who enter(ed) the name for this...that means over 10 people won't be able to go...so (the people) who went last year (cannot) abroad this year unless someone decide(s) to not to go. 『For this year's short-stay, the limit for applicant numbers are about 16. However, we have about 25 people who applied. That means more than 10 of them cannot go unless someone cancels their application. As a result, people who went last year cannot go this time around.』 I can't say that these people who abroaded are (definitely) unable to go, but I think this is quite imposible... 『At this point, it's not definite, but I believe it's almost impossible.』 (It) is (a) shame that some people can't go, because I was really looking forward (to) it.

関連するQ&A

• 英訳の修正をお願いします(メールの文です)

日本語 私はあなたの友達のjadeを覚えています。 一緒に原宿やディズニーランドに行ったもん、忘れるわけがないよ! jadeもマキシマム ザ ホルモンが好きなんだ。 そういえばあなたは、日本のアーティストのことよく知っているけどなんでそんなに詳しいの? 多分私の友達のゲン君は今年の7月に短期留学に行くと思うけど、他にまだ誰が短期留学に行くかわからないんだよ。 私の周りに行きたいと言っている友達はたくさんいます。しかし彼らは行くことができないでしょう。なぜなら、すごい留学の費用が高いからです。 英語 I remember Jade, your friend. We went to harajuku and Disneyland together. Hard to forget somthing like that. she likes "makisimu the hormon", too. By the way, you know a lot about Japanese artists. Why is it? Gen, my friend will be studying abroad for a short time period in July, but I don't know who else is going if any. I have many friends who would like to go if possible. But I am afraid they won't be able to do because it costs too much for them.

• 英訳していたのですが・・

以下の日本語を英訳してしてみました(同じような文なのですが)。 アドバイスをいただけると嬉しいです。 1 海外に行けば英語が話せるようになると思っている人が多いですが、私はそういう考えに反対です。 Many people think that you'll be able to speak English as long as you go abroad. But I don't agree with the idea. 2 英語が上手くなるには留学しなければいけないと言っている人がいますが、基本的には納得できないです。 Some people says that studying abroad is necessary to be able to speak English. But, in general, I don't like the idea.

• 英訳の修正をお願いします(メールの文です)

英訳の間違ってる部分の修正をお願いします。 私は無事テストが終わりました。 でも数学はひどい点数でした。やっぱり数学は苦手です。 私のドラムを叩くこと以外の趣味は、ピアノを弾くこととか、友達と遊んだりすることかな。 あなたは何か趣味がありますか? 私は絶対にあなたを忘れることはないと思います。 あなたとディズニーランドに行ったこととか、日光に行ったことは最高の思い出です。 私が今年の夏にオーストラリアに行っていたことをあなたは覚えていると思いますが、直接あなたと話したりすることはほとんどなかったのが悔しいです。 私は家族とクリスマスを過ごします。 チキンを食べたりお祝いをすると思います。 そしてプレゼントをもらうのがとても楽しみさ。 あなたは何かプレゼントをもらいますか? 今度、マイノさんやアイさんなどにメールアドレスを聞いておきます。 私は何回か前のメールで言ったと思いますが、私はジョエルにメールをしたいです。 だからジョエルのメールアドレスを教えてください。 As for me, a test was over safely. But the mathematics was a severe mark. After all I am weak in the mathematics. I do the hobby except beating my drum whether it is that it plays the piano and to play with a friend. Do you have any hobby? I think that I need to never forget you. It is the best memory to have gone to Nikko that went to Disneyland with you. I think that you remember that I went to Australia in this summer, but it is regrettable that it was rare that I talk with direct you. I spend Christmas with a family. I eat chicken and think it to do a celebration. And I look forward to getting a present very. Do you get any present? I ask dance field or Ai e-mail address this time. I think that I said by how many times or an email, but I want to e-mail Joel. Therefore please show the e-mail address of Joel. お願いします。

• 短い英訳の添削をお願いします

日本人は旅行好きのようで、昨夏に国内外のどこかへ旅行した人の数はおよそ5百万人らしい 回答例)Japanese people seem to like traveling.I hear about five million Japanese traveled either in Japan or to foreign countries last summer 自分の回答)It seems that Japanese people like to travel.I hear the number of people who traveled either in Japan or abroad is about five million.

• 英訳お願いします。

外国人からメッセージが来てたのですが訳せないので、分かる方に翻訳をお願いしたいです、、 「no...how about. Sorry if I ask but who is this?」

• 誕生日についての文ですが、意味が理解できません。どなたか、ご協力お願いします。

I should be able to have it where I want it and to decide who to invite. Let other people do their own birthday parties the way they wish, but they should leave mine alone. That way, we can all be happy at least one day each year. Is this too much to ask?

• 英語日記23 語学を学ぶのに一番大事なこと

最近ながい文章がかけません。すぐにかくことがなくなってしまいます。。。。。 なにか良い方法ありますか?? すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると幸いです There are many people in the world who want to learn foreign languages but what is the most important to progress of one`s ability of languages. In my opinion, The fastest way for you to improve your language skills is to go to the country where the language you want to learn is spoken However, there are a lot of people who go abroad every day in Japan but I think that they tend to gather up with their own country. This is because they feel relieved when they talk with their own country people. you have a big misunderstanding if you think that you would be able to speak foreign language easily the way of just going abroad.

• 英訳が分かりません。

度々申し訳ありません。また拝見してくださり、ありがとうございます。 下記の英訳がわかりません。 So, many people have access to information,but there is no follow up to that. I think the follow up to that is our knowledge. このfollow up to がうまく訳せません。 すいませんが、教えていただけないでしょうか。

• 英語の間違いについて

少し長いのですが・・・ First, I am going to talk about friends. Many people have views. (たくさんの人がそれぞれの考え方を持っている) And it is not similar. (それは似ていない) If I had live in a big city, I could meet people who have some views. I have friends when I was high school student. Some friends of mine goes to college. But others don't go to college. This is because they have a dream. A friend of mine wants to be dancer. She don't go to college, but go to dance school. Thus, I can meet many people because I live in a big city. So I can make many friends. They and I have different views. Therefore, I like talk people. I suppose that we can meet many people in a big city than a small town. もし、間違いやアドバイスなどあれば教えてください。

• この文章を英訳していただけないでしょうか。

この文章を英訳していただけないでしょうか。 sometimes there are people who just come to you once in a lifetime and then they disappear but they tell you that how the life has meaning and value. And if I can't to see you more again or your destination is not the States, then you will see somebody whom show you kindness.