大学と教師の関係についての説明

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 大学を学校の延長とみなし、教師を学校の上位の存在と捉えています。
  • 大学での教師たちは閉鎖的な環境で働き、学校の教室で行われるような教科(ラテン語、ギリシャ語、歴史、地理など)に専念しています。
  • 一方、筆者にとって生活の中心であり、存在意義があると感じるのは、芸術作品の創造と鑑賞です。芸術体験は他の経験とは異なり、栄光や重要性の点で特別な存在であり、生活の核に触れるものだと考えています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

同格の関係とみるべきなのでしょうか?

次の一節の2つ目の文についてお尋ねいたします。 All of this seemed to me unconnected with academic life, which I perceived as provincial, shallow and thin, a colourless, lightweight world unrelated to real life. I took university to be more or less a continuation of school, and professors to be the next level up of a schoolmaster, people who lived their lives in closed institutions devoting all their working energies to the same sort of subjects as were pursued in school classrooms: Latin, Greek, history, geography… I found these subjects easy to ‘do’, but had never seen much point in doing them. What seemed to me to penetrate life to the core - and therefore to be, ultimately, what living was for, in addition to relationships with other people - was the creation and absorption of works of art. Artistic experience, it seemed to me, was in a totally different category from any other sort of experience, except sexual experience, when it came to glory and significance. It was the distilled essence of living. (- Bryan Magee, Confessions of a Philosopher, p.26) 関心のある第2文のみを改めて以下に引用します。 I took university to be more or less a continuation of school, and professors to be the next level up of a schoolmaster, people who lived their lives in closed institutions devoting all their working energies to the same sort of subjects as were pursued in school classrooms: Latin, Greek, history, geography… この後半のpeople以下は、どのように解釈すべきなのでしょうか? peopleの前にandはないのでthe next level up (of schoolmaster)と同格の関係にあると考えるのかなと思いました。一方、the next level up (of schoolmaster)の部分とpeople who以下の意味の重さが対等ではなく、後者が前者の説明(あるいは補足)をしているように思えます。このような関係も学校文法では同格の関係にあるというしかないのでしょうか? 基本として学校文法の枠内で説明するとするならば、どのような説明になるのでしょうか? ご教示ください。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Sam69
  • ベストアンサー率67% (19/28)
回答No.1

普通これは同格と説明すると思います。 他にはないんじゃないですかね・・・

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

don't study normal school subjects listen to a lot of lectures about nature use nature to study school subjects take care of animals in their classroom

• 次の英文を和訳してほしいです。

There was one large difference between the animal study and the human research projects mentioned in the article: the researchers controlled what the animals in the earlier studies ate, while the humans reported their eating behavior. Thus, as Dr. Bartke mentions, there is a question about the quality of the data. As long as the researchers kept careful records on what was fed to the animal subjects and prevented the animals from getting food from other sources, they could be confident of the food intake measurement. Humans, however, are not lab rats. It is not ethical, or generally possible, to completely control the environment that a human experiences. In this case, it was likely not economically feasible to control the diet for the subjects in the “diet group.” As a result, the researchers relied on self-reported data from these subjects. It is very unlikely that all of the members who reported that they cut their caloric intake by 30% actually did so. If the control their diet and observe their action, then we might be able to accept that the members of the group actually reduced their calories by 30%. However, one would then worry that a group of people who could take three months to go to a lab environment might not be representative of the general population.

• この英文の和訳お願いします。 難しいです。

There are therefore 192 subjects(forty per cent of the sample) whose happiness and domestic efficiency are to a greater or lesser extent dependent on the ready accessibility of their children or other relatives. No solution of the problems of old age will be acceptable to the people themselves or to their children which does not take the family factor into account. King, Sir Geoffrey, formerly Permanent Secretary, Ministry, of Pensions and National Insurance, "Policy and Practice", Old Age in the Modern World, 1995. Studies in other places such as Hammersmith, Acton, and Northern Ireland have also produced some evidence of close ties between old people and their relatives and of a willingness to bear the burden of nursing care. But the evidence gained in these inquiries was incidental to their main purposes. There has been no specialized study of the place of the old person in the family. Yet such detailed knowledge may be fundamental to any understanding of old age or of its problems. That is the starting point of this study. How often do old people see their children and their brothers and sisters, and do they live near or far? What services do relatives perform for each other every day and at times of crisis? What is the differences in family role of an old man and an old woman? Can a more precise meaning be given to loneliness and social isolation and what does it mean to be widowed, single, or childless? Is the status of old people undergoing change? Which old people make the greatest demand on the State aid or replace the efforts of the family? These are some of the questions which will be discussed in this report.

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

A blind date is a date for two people who have never met before. Their mutual friends usually arrange the match. With the rise of the Internet, blind dates are becoming more common than before. Through instant messaging and Internet chat forums, people have a chance to meet people. Blind dating is exciting for some people, but it can be a stressful emotional experience for others. This may be mainly due to a lack of self-confidence and the inevitable fear of meeting an unknown. In the United States, people often talk about the experience of their friends. Some people like to gossip a lot. People who like to gossip often talk about individuals they may not know and that can be hurtful, especially if rumors and gossip continue to be shared. This conversation is between two friends about another friend. In this case, the two friends, Amy and Lisa, having the conversation want the information to remain confidential in order to protect this mutual friend, Toshi. At the end of this conversation, the two friends agree to keep their information confidential. "I've got your back" is a phrase used as reassurance between friends. the phrase is used to show confidentiality, solidarity and trust.

• 英文訳してください

On the morning of that day,a big bomb fell on the city of Hiroshima. Many people lost their lives,and many others were injured. They had burns all over their bodies. I was very sad when l saw those people. It was a very hot day. Some of the people fell down near me. I said to them,"Come and rest in my shade.You'll be all right soon." お願いします(・・*)

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

文法ミスや、その他改良すべき点ががありましたら指摘していただけるとありがたいです。 テーマ:小学校における外国語教育の是非 In my opinion, children should not study a foreign language in an elementary school. It is true that learning another language enables us to communicate with people who speak the language, and to see the world in a new way. However, I believe that people in their early days ought to learn their own language deeply. It is because mother tongue has a very important role in their lives, and peole could establish their identity by studying it enough. Furthermore, children in an elementary school already have many subjects to study, so it is not able to be thought of as a wise selection to made children have more burden. For these reasons, I emphasize that children should study their own language deeply insted of learnig foreign languages.

• 英文の訳がわからなくて困っています。

日本語訳を教えて下さい。 Long-term health survey The helth minirtry plans to launch a 10-year followup sur-vey on the physical and mentalhealth of 30, 000 people in the Tohoku region to gauge the impact of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami,ministry officials said Saturday. It will select 10,000 people each in Iwate,Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures to check the various physical and mental the fects caused by their direct experience of the disaster,their prolonged stays in the shelters,and how their conditions change over the comingyears. Professional care will be arranged for those found in need,the officials said. In June,the Health,Labor and Welfare Ministry is expected to set up a team of doctors,nurses and other experts from medical facilities in the prefectures as well as national hospitals. The ministry believes the redrawing up medium-and-long-term relief and welfare measures as well as health care services for future disasters,they said, “The population of the affected areas was already aging (before the disaster) and there were many people living without relatives,”said Ichiro Tsuji,a professor at Tohoku University. です。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文についての質問です。

What was the 3/5 compromise?という質問に対しての回答を探しました。 The southern states wanted their slaves to be counted. Their purpose was simply to maximize their influence in the new government. Virginia had 500,00022 free people and 300,000 slaves. South Carolina had 140,000 free people and just over 100,000 slaves. The other southern states had 1/3 or more of their total population as slaves. The northern states, by contrast, were critical of slavery and had fewer slaves in their population. Pennsylvania had 430,000 free people, but less than 4,000 slaves. Massachusetts was the second largest state with 475,000 people, but had no slaves. These northern states objected that the southern states treated slaves as property, to citizens, so it was inappropriate to count them at all for purposes of representation. * In the end they compromised on including 3⁄5 of a state’s slaves in determining their population for determining how many Representatives they would get in the House. つまり最後の文章の、「国の奴隷の3/5を含めた住民数で、人口を決定することに妥協した。これがThe 3⁄5 Compromiseだ。」ということでいいでしょうか?

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) Our next opinion was sent in by Mark Navarrone, who writes: Pets make great companios, and that's the main reason why more than half of household in the United States have pets today, but there are also a number of problems associated with pet ownership. It would be great if everyone were responsible, but unfortunately many people don't take good care of their pets. Some people allow their pets to run loose in the neighborhood orabandon them when they move. Many people also fail to take measures to prevent their dogs or cats from reproducing. This lends to the birth of many unwanted puppies and kittens, which often end up at animal shelters or, even worse,are simply dumped in rural areas. These irresponsible pet owners are a big problem. There must be strict penalties for the abandonment of animals.

• 英語の文章を日本語訳して下さい。

By early 1915, all the combatants had lost the illusion that the war could be won quickly, and began to consider harsher measures in order to gain an advantage. The British, with their overwhelming sea power, had established a naval blockade of Germany immediately on the outbreak of war in August 1914, and in early November 1914 declared it to be a war zone, with any ships entering the North Sea doing so at their own risk. The blockade was unusually restrictive in that even food was considered "contraband of war". The Germans regarded this as a blatant attempt to starve the German people into submission and wanted to retaliate in kind, and in fact the severity of the British blockade did not go over well in America, either.