• ベストアンサー

help +Oの次の形について

次の文を下のように言い換えられるのでしょうか? Parents should help their children become independent. 1) Parents should help their children in order to become independent. 2)Parents should help their children so that they can become independent. いずれの場合も子供たちが「何をする」のを手助けすのかが言ってないのでおかしいような気がするのですが、いかがでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.3

>次の文を下のように言い換えられるのでしょうか? Parents should help their children become independent. この文では原形不定詞の意味上の主語はtheir children だと用意に分かりますね。「子供達が自立する」の関係です。 (1) Parents should help their children in order to become independent. 最初の文に比べるとこの文では不定詞部、つまり、to become independentの意味上の主語が誰なのかが少し曖昧 になりそうです。自立するのは子供?(親離れ)、それとも親の方?(子離れ) 常識的な線は前者でしょうが・・。 Parents should help their children in order to for them to become independent. とすると代名詞のthemは近い方のtheir children だと分かりますが不必要に難化するのはあまり好ましくは思いません。 (2)Parents should help their children so that they can become independent. この文は「目的構文」(so that S+can/may:ーできるように、するために)のそのままの文で正しいです。 >いずれの場合も子供たちが「何をする」のを手助けすのかが言ってないのでおかしいような気がするのですが? >>僕は読解力がないのかもしれませんが、すべての文で「子供が自立するのを助ける」と言う意味で作ろうとして いる思います。勘違いだったらごめんなさいね。

kashshimi
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。ちなみに、help+O+to不定詞の to不定詞は何用法になるのですか?目的ですか?

その他の回答 (3)

• ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.4

ohboy729です。 >ありがとうございます。ちなみに、help+O+to不定詞の to不定詞は何用法になるのですか?目的ですか? >>The children helped their mother (to) cook dinner. のような文は文法ではS+V+O+Cの第5文型に分類され、 (to) cook dinnerのような不定詞部は目的格補語の不定詞と呼ばれます。 同様な目的格補語の不定詞を持つ第五文型表現にはお馴染みのものも多いと思いますが以下のようなものがあります。 tell/expect/want/wish/get/+O+to不定詞 seem/appear/think/find/consider+O+to be 補語というとS=CやO=Cの形容詞や名詞というイメージがありますが、S=V(不定詞、分詞などの準動詞で本当の動詞 はこれには入れない)の関係でも同一関係であれば補語です。

kashshimi
質問者

お礼

丁寧な解説ありがとうございました。

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

0) Parents should help their children become independent. 1) Parents should help their children in order to become independent. 2)Parents should help their children so that they (can) become independent. この中で 1) はおかしいですね。0) をわざわざ複雑化している(のと、in order to という目的を示す言葉は become independent と合わない(?)かも知れません)。2) は OK ですが、can はなくても通じます。

kashshimi
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。よく分かりました。

• motooone
  • ベストアンサー率50% (226/452)
回答No.1

なんか違う感じがしますね。 普通このような言い換えはしないんじゃないですか。 本来の文の意図から離れているように感じます。

kashshimi
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。僕もそんな感じがして質問したんですが・・・

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削お願いします。

課題文:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Young people should start to live on their own and become indepentent of their parents as early as possible.Give reasons to support your opinion. 解答: (1)I think young people should start to live on their own and become independent of their parents as early as possible. (2)I think so because,when they start working they will have to do everything by theirselves.Their parents won't help them any more.If they are not independent of their parents,they cannot work. (3)Second, if they start to live on their own,they will know that doing houseworks such as making meals,cleaning rooms is hard work. (4)And the most important reason is that,when they have their children,they have to teach their children a lot of things by them selves.If they are not indepentent of their parents,they can't raise their children properly. (5)I have friends who live on their own.They are doing everything by theirselves,so they look confident. (6)With above reasons I think young peole should start to live on their own and becomeindependent of their parents.約150words,30分 TOEFL対策の問題です。 後々読み直してみると、 firstがないのにsecondを使ったり、 一番大事な理由を述べているパラグラフの位置が中途半端だったり、 無駄にパラグラフを多くしてしまった点がよくなかったように思います。 文章構成・表現・文法なんでも稚拙な部分が多くあると思うので直したほうがよい所やアドバイスがあったらぜひ教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文添削お願いします。

テーマはここ数年のニュースで話題になったものというものです。 I was interested in the news which the age of adult should be lowered to eighteen years old. I agree with this idea. Young people these days are overprotected. They can't know anything about the world. It is true that people in their teens still aren't mentally and physically mature. Many teenager don't have a full time job, live with their parents and depend on their parents, However, this is the reason why the age of adult should be lowered. Someday, they will have to live by their own. If they have to be responsible to everything they do, they will become aware that they should be independent. They would also appreciate their parents. よろしくおねがいします。

• 英作の添削お願いします

Do you think that parents should pressure their children to compete ? Write a passage of 5 sentence in English. この問いに対する私の英作です。 I think that parents should not pressure there children to compete. Parhaps children began to compete something, provided children like it. But If parents gives exceeding pressure their children to compete, children come to dislike it. Even if they like it. The best way that parents only keep watch children. Therefore, children began to compete even whithout pressure. 私はよくないと思う。おそらく好きだったら自分で競争しはじめる。しかし、もし親が重圧をかけるぎると嫌いになってしまう。たとえそれが好きなことであっても。一番いいのは見守ることだ。それゆえ、プレッシャーをかけなくても・・・・ みたいな事が書きたかったのですが。 添削よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 日本語に訳してくださいm(_ _)m

日本語に訳してくださいm(_ _)m Independence is the reason why parents let their babies feed themselves as soon as they can and begin to make decisions for themselves almost as soon as they can talk. Most American parents feel that they have done their job well if their children are able to live on their own in their twenties. よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文で質問があります

学問は、親の期待にこたえるためよりも、自分自身のために励むべきだ。 A person should concentrate on their studies for themselves, not in order to live up to their parents' expectations. 問題と解答例は上記で、幾つか疑問などがありました。 (1) なぜ not の位置がここなのか。 in order not to ではないのかと思いました。 (2) 主語が A person で始まっているのに、なぜ their や themselves で受けているのか。 (3) (1)の not の位置とも関係してくるのですが、もし、この英文を二文に分けたらどうなるのか。 A person should not concentrate on their studies in order to live up to their parents' expectations. They should do for themselves. こうなるとすれば、 in order not to では意味合いがおかしくなるの は分かります。 分かる方がいらっしゃいましたらよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語添削お願いします。(TOEFL-IBT)

文法など至らない点が多く申し訳ありませんが、よろしくお願いします。 問:What do you think is the best parents? 解答: Children can’t choose their parents. In my case, I’m proud of my parents and I think I’m happy to be their child. What makes parents the best one depends on some reasons. I’ll explain them one by one. First, the best parents must have the ability to wait and see. To think of myself, it is natural that children can’t deal with the problem well at first. And in many cases, if they have enough time to try it again and again, they will surely make it. However, if their parents make them stop tackling the problem and help them, children will fail to accomplish their goals and lose their confidence. For example, when I was in my elementary school, my teacher gave me a lot of homework. I tried so hard to do it, but sometimes it was too difficult for me. I begged my mother for some help, but she refused it and said that she believed me that I could do it by myself. I didn’t understand what she said, and I felt she was not the best mother. Anyway, finally I did it and I was so proud of myself and felt I could do everything from now on. However, if my mother helped me at that time, I just finished my homework without getting confidence. Second, the best parents will give many experience to their children, for example, sports, traveling, and working. This is because what children have learned in their childhood will give them many choices of the future plans. If a father plays baseball with his boy, it can happen that the boy wishes he will be a baseball player. For example, my parents gave me the great experience with dogs and now I became a veterinary student. So, it is very important that the parents make their children experience many things to make their future shine. To sum up, the best parents should know children don’t belong to them. By thinking this way, they can wait and see how their children are doing, and do the best things in order to make their future soundful.

• よろしくお願いします

It's important for parents to know that children even younger can become depressed, とあったのですが、children youngerはyounger childrenと言い換えられないのでしょうか?何が違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

月末に大学入試を控えている高校3年生です。 文法ミスやもっと適切な表現がありましたら、ご指導いただけるとありがたいです。 テーマ:小中学生に携帯を持たせることの是非 In my opinion, children in elementary school or secondary school should not have a cell phone. It is true that a cell phone is very useful, and it enables them to communicate with their friends or parents easliy at any time. However, a careless use of a cell phone often brings about serious problems. Recently, many children have been involved in crimes by use of a cell phone. They are sometimes killed by people with whome they became acquainted in an Internet community site. Children have a poor knowledge to protect themselves. When we think about whether children can use communication tools appropriately or not, we will believe that they cannot do. So I want to emphasize that parents should not have their children carry a cell phone.

• “無生物主語 + can help + O + [to] +原型” の“can”は何故あるの?

次々と質問しちゃってすみません。 Book can become our best friends. They can help you to know interesting people whom you may never meet personally. They can help you to travel to distant places and to understand distant times. (書物は我々の最良の友になりうる。書物のおかげで、個人的におそらく会うこともない興味深い人々を知ることができるのだ。書物のおかげで遠いところまで旅行したり、昔のことを理解することができるのだ) この文に2カ所ある “They can help you to know”の“can”の用法がわかりません。 というのは、主語が無生物主語のときは、 “S + help + O + [to] + 原型”「SのおかげでOは~できる」 と訳すから、あえて“can”は要らないと思うんです。 canの存在意味を教えてください。

• 和訳をお願いします

The team’s next step is to train their computer decoder to recognize consonants so that patients can from whole words, and even sentences. They also hope that with developments in technology, they can implant more electrodes in their next patient to transmit a more detailed signal. また、1つ目の文のso that patients can ~のcanのかかる動詞はなんなんですか? よろしくお願いします^^;