• ベストアンサー

Sesami streetの中にでてきたフレーズなのですが・・・

セサミストリートのホームビデオでQuiet Timeというタイトルの付いたビデオがあって、内容は「しずかに遊ぶってどんなふうに?」ということをみんなが考えるのですが、その中ででてきた英文なんです。アメリカで購入した物なので日本語とかは全く入っていません。お願いいたします。 ○Think of every single loud noise you could make right now if it weren't Quiet time! あと、他の子供向けのビデオで(Ruggats)お話の最後に ○Ya olde end ってあったんだけれど、意味的にはThe endだと思うのですが oldeはどうしてeがついているのか分かりません。 教えてください。 お時間があれば、文法的に考えるのが好きなので、細かく教えていただけると幸いです。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 7up
  • ベストアンサー率26% (24/92)
回答No.1

Think of every single loud noise /you could make /right now //if it weren't Quiet time! (もし今が)Quiet Timeでなかったら、君達が今出せるうるさい音を全部一つ一つ、考えてみよう。 というような意味ではないでしょうか。 二つ目は分かりません。

shooting-fish
質問者

お礼

noiseとyouの間に<.>があったら仮定法になって、「もし今Quiet timeじゃなかったらあなたは今すぐ音が出せるのに」となるでしょうか。でもthink~が目的語みたいになって、「もし今Quiet timeじゃなかったら君の考えた1つ1つの音が今すぐ出せるのに」になるでしょうか。でもなんとなく分かりました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.3

○Ya olde end "Ye olde"の間違いじゃないでしょうか? "Ye olde"なら"The old"の意味の古い言い方らしいです。イギリスのパブの店名なんかで、時々見ます。

shooting-fish
質問者

お礼

Yeだったかもしれません。よく見てみます。でもなんだかそういう言い方があったとしって、とても嬉しいです。ありがとうございました。

• Pikake
  • ベストアンサー率55% (80/143)
回答No.2

こんにちは! 最初のセサミストリートの方は、7upさんのおっしゃっているような意味だと思います。現在の事実(Quiet timeである)に反対の仮定をしているので、仮定法過去が使われているのでは!? それから2つ目のビデオですが、もしかして『Rugrats』のことでしょうか? もしそうなら、この番組の字幕(キャプション)の子ども達がしゃべっている所は、わざとスペルを変えています。多分、幼児(っていうか、まだ乳児)でちゃんとした発音ができないってことでしょうか。と言うよりは、あの子達の会話は大人には通じてないわけですが・・・。 ちなみに大人の会話の部分は正しいスペルで出てきます。

shooting-fish
質問者

お礼

わざと間違ったスペルになっている・・・そうでしたか。じゃぁこれからそれを意識して見てみます。どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• any worse for me

every single time I think you couldn't possibly make this any worse for me! ここでのanyはどういう意味と考えるべきでしょうか? またfor meと前置詞forを使うのはどういう意味からでしょうか? 恐らく、it is ~ for 人 to doと同じ意味のforだと思うのですが、 ここで他の前置詞ではなく、forが選ばれるのはどういった意味から適当なのでしょうか?

• これを和訳すると何て書いてありますか?

Let This Go I think I'm need, of a quiet walk home And as we step forward we would rather be alone So, make some noise while you got time Take this poison for your mind Who knows, you could be gone by this time tomorrow And, I don't know where we're going But I take pride in not knowing And you say I will be the one to let this go So, make some noise while you got time Take this poison for your mind Who knows, you could be gone by this time tomorrow And, I don't know where we're going But I take pride in not knowing And you say I will be the one to let this go

• 至急英文チェックをお願い致します(隣人トラブル)

現在北米に住んでおりまして(マンション),昨晩,帰国のために引っ越しの準備をしていたら,ちょうど玄関のドアを開けた時に隣人と遭遇して,その時に「静かにしてくれ」と言われました.その翌朝,その隣人から手紙が届きました. 内容は,「私は数カ月もの間,毎晩,騒音でほとんど眠れなくてとても苦しんでいる.しかし,昨晩,その原因があなたであることが判明した.今この手紙を書いている時も頭痛が酷くて苦しんでいる.大家さんに私の苦情を報告したからな.」とありました. 確かに,昨晩は,引っ越しの準備でガチャガチャしていたので,私が完全に悪かったと思います.ですが,隣人のいう「数カ月もの間の毎晩の騒がしい音」は,明らかに私ではありません.理由は,私も同様の騒音に悩まされているからです.また隣人は明け方まで毎日騒がしいことを言っていますが,私は遅くとも1時半には就寝します.なので,私が原因ではないということを伝えるために,下記の英文を作成しました. 恐れ入りますが,どうぞよろしくお願い致します. ------------------- March 24, 2020 Dear Sir, This is from unit 501. I hope this finds you well. From the bottom of my heart, I apologize for being so noisy for several hours last night. I was preparing to move out at that time. I have deeply reflected and am regretting things. However, I was really confused when I read your mail today and would like to tell you following two issues. First, I have been living in the unit 501 since last April. I did NOT change a daily routine since last April. At the latest, I go to bed by 1 am every night. Of course, I do NOT neither rat nor bang nor slam. Second, I’ve been suffering from loud noise for months as well as you've been. It’s rattling, banging, slamming and loud music. I bought earplugs, but I was not able to stand the noise during night. As a result, I have had trouble falling asleep. For the above reasons, I think that the cause of what you are suffering from loud noise every night for months is not related to my unit 501 at all. I mean, loud noise last night caused on preparing to move out is caused from my unit for sure, but I think that loud noise every night for several months does NOT have to do with my unit. I am sorry if I'm about to offend you but I thought I had to tell you the fact and my opinion. I pray that you can recover a peaceful sleep. Best regards, Unit 501 ------------

• 大学入試レベルの問題です

空欄に当てはまるものをそれぞれ1~4からひとつ選んで会話を完成させてください。 1 A.What happened in the street yesterday evening? B.I heard some terribly loud voices.It's usually so quiet in our neighborhood so I went to the window. A 1 How did you know? 2 When did it happen? 3 Where did you see? 4 What did you see? B.Nothing at all.My old eyes don't work so well any more. 3 A,It's pretty hot here and we go swimming every day.We're having a beach party tonight. B. 1Better luck next time. 2Luck is on my side. 3Lucky you. 4Third time lucky. A.School is fine.But I miss my friends and London very much.

• 歌詞の翻訳の添削をお願いします!

自分は英語に関してはまだまだ未熟なので、表現や訳し方により良い日本語があればぜひ教えてください。 For every day, I look around me, 毎日自分の周りを見回す For every time I see you near 常にあなたの近くを見る I think of stars with lights surround me 光が私を包み、星を思う I think the earth that keeps you here あなたと共に地球を思う Cause I will only follow My true heart 私は信じたたことに従う And I can see it clear now そして確信を持てた Right from the start 良いスタートよ We saw the change (saw the change) 私たちは変わった That we all needed (That we all needed) 全て自分たちに必要だったこと We saw how good that we could be (could be) 私たちの中に可能性を見た We'll never let little things come between us 私たちの仲は何事でも裂かせない Now that we found this destiny 運命を見つけた今 And we can stand up tall now 私たちは立ち上がることができる To any hate Cause best friends stick together どんなに嫌いになっても 親友の私たちは一緒 We love and tolerate 愛してるわ If one falls down (down) 誰かが傷ついたら We all come around 皆が集まる Yeah, you're so real 当然よ To be anything, anything that you want to be 何事にもそうでありたい Yeah よろしくお願いします

• ある洋楽の歌詞の一部なんですが和訳してください!

洋楽を自分で和訳していて、参考にしたいので和訳を教えてください。 I ain't gonna lie You look so happy Wish there was something I could still make you feel Every smile makes me wanna fall apart Every laugh is like a bullet to my heart Cause I'm at the end of the room Watching every guy coming at you A friend don't think about you when he's dreaming Or every single minute that he's breathing So why is this so hard to believe A friend won't do it all to try to please you A friend can never kiss you when he sees you And you know I won't [? ] so just please don't call me friend ちなみに歌詞全体は↓です。 http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/i/iyaz/friend.html

• この文の構造と訳お願いします。

It is now almost a century since a literate woman was sufficientlya curiosity to have the fact of her sex noted every time her literary activities were mentioned, and so authoress is going out of use. No one could have foreseen, fifty years ago, that woman were sooon to do so much that men had thought they alone could do that to attempt to call attention to it would burden the language.

• なぜマーク・ザッカーバーグは笑ったのか?

CBS「60 minutes」でのフェイス・ブック創始者のインタビューなのですが、 微妙に意味が分からないので、アシストしてもらえないでしょうか。 キャスター 「3年前の取材時と違って、もう誰もあなたをtoddler(子供っぽい)CEOとは言わない。  聞きにくい事だけど、でもあえて。CEO、ビジネスのリーダーとして、  自身をどの位のレベルだと(grade yourself)?」 " I mean, that is a hard question. (1) I also don't think you can ever win by answering that question. Now, we've made a huge number of mistakes along the way. Right, now I always say I just think we've made probably every possible mistake you could make. " 「それは難しい質問だね・・。  (1) その質問に答えてもあなたの勝ちとは思わないよ。(と思わず笑いだす) (まじめになり)今まで僕等は沢山ミスをしてきた。 だから、いつも言うんだ。考えうるミスは全て経験したよってね。」 (1)や後半の部分の意訳に自信がありません。  「今回はもう何を言ってもバカにされないよね」ではどうでしょうか?   あと一つお聞きしたいんですが、今後この程度の質問を頻繁にするのは   好ましくないでしょうか?2日程前に初めてサイト利用したんですが、   周囲に英語に詳しい人が皆無の私には、とても勉強になるんです。   あわせてアドバイスして頂けるとありがたいです。

• family dynamic

With the recent events that have occurred across the country involving mass killings, this has prompted me to ask a question. What do you do if you know someone you think could end up in the news involved in a mass killing? What do you do with those gut feelings? I know someone who has prompted me and others to think, "This guy is a ticking time bomb." This particular person is still a child, but one who displays many signs of being severely troubled. His parents don't seem concerned, but many of us on the outside of this family dynamic think this child has serious issues and could potentially end up committing a horrible crime. family dynamicとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 10月1日付のThe Wall Street Jounalに掲載された

10月1日付のThe Wall Street Jounalに掲載された日本の国勢調査に関する記事(Upside Down: The Population Pyramid Problem)中に、次の段落があります。最後のセンテンスのbreaking the figures down. . .periodと主節のthe population actually fell . . .のつながり具合や意味が不明です。分詞構文の破格用法なのでしょうか。ご教示頂けますならば幸甚です。 In the post-war boom years, Japan had a population pyramid that looked like Mt. Fuji, with a broad spread of younger generations at its base. Japan enjoyed a 15.3% increase in population from 1945-1950 and a virile average rise of 5.7% in every survey after that until 1980. By the time of the last census in 2005, Japan’s population increase had shriveled to just 0.7% over the five years from 2000-05 (to 127.77 million). But breaking the figures down by the year within the survey period, the population actually fell by 20,000 in the last year of the survey (2004-05), the first drop since the end of World War II. よろしくお願い申し上げます。