• 締切済み

アメリカの大学のHPなのですが、英語得意な方か留学経験者の方お願いします。

以下の部分が知りたいのですが、 New Freshman Students (without ANY post-secondary work—international or U.S.)→フレッシュマン(post-secondery workとは何ですか?) An entering freshman student must send secondary school marks and final diploma(secondery school marksとは高校の成績書ですよね)、 BYU does not grant admission until the final official completion document is received. Admission decisions will not be made on predicted scores. The following guidelines, listed by geographical area, describe minimum academic qualifications for applicants who have never attended a college or university internationally or in the U.S. Higher academic credentials will increase the chances for admission. Students who have attended any college or university, either internationally or in the U.S., must apply as a transfer student. Declaring international work done previously will not affect your chances of being admitted or your choice of majors. You are required to submit a complete educational history for the committee to review(ここはわかります) All academic documents must be official. They may not be faxed. An official English translation of the documents is also required in the same format as the original document(ここもわかります) Note: University credit will not be granted for classes taken at the secondary school level(よくわかりません) Japan: Submit the Diploma of Graduation from an upper-secondary school with an overall average of at least 4.4. Students must complete all 3 years before an application can be considered(日本の項目なのですが、ここの意味がよくわかりません。高校の成績が五段階で4.4以上ないと入学が審査されないということでしょうか?)

みんなの回答

• usaedu
  • ベストアンサー率25% (5/20)
回答No.3

BYU-Utahの2008年度合格者のSATの成績が、どうだったかを見ますと、SAT Reasoning TestのMathで700点以上を取った者の割合は18%でした。その辺りの割合の大学がどういう大学か?は下記の通りです。 Tulane 23% Boston University 22% Furman University 22% Mount Holyoke 21% University of Florida 21% Franklin and Marshall 20% College of the Holy Cross 20% University of Richmond 19% Dickinson 19% Syracuse 18% University of Washington(Seattle) 17% Union College 16% Smith 15% Bryn Mawr 14% University of California Irvine 14% University of California Davis 14

• usaedu
  • ベストアンサー率25% (5/20)
回答No.2

Note: University credit will not be granted for classes taken at the secondary school level という点についても、こんなことは当たり前のことで、余りに当たり前すぎることが書かれているので、ご理解できないということだと思います。 この大学のHPは、相当見ずらいもので、アメリカの大学のものとは思えないほど異質なものです。

• usaedu
  • ベストアンサー率25% (5/20)
回答No.1

ブリガムヤングだと思いますが、そもそも、何故この大学を選んで調べているのかを問題にするべきかと思います。もし、質問者が学力のある高校生なら、時間を浪費するのは止めなさいと申し上げたい。GPAの項目の記述を読む限り、この大学は日本の教育制度を知ったかぶりしているだけで、実は何も分かっちゃいないということを露呈しています。こういった断片的な部分で、あれこれ迷い、悩むのはまったく無意味です。他の、もっと普通の大学のHPを調べるべきです。  Freshmanには、高校卒業後にどこか他の大学などに入ったことのない人だけしか応募できないということ、高校の成績と卒業証明を送れという意味。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の得意な方、教えてください。

次の【 】の助動詞の意味として,最適なものを選択肢から選びなさい。 Exercising alone 【can】 be boring.      (1)~してもよい (2)~しなさい (3)~できる (4)時に~のことがある We 【may】 have some rain today.      (1)~かもしれない (2)~してもよい (3)~になりますように (4)~べきだ The doctor 【must not】 allow the patient to be put at risk.      (1)~でないにちがいない (2)~してはいけない (3)~するひつようはない (4)~のはずがない You 【had better】 be careful.      (1)~が義務だ (2)~してもよい (3)~しなくてはいけない (4)~のほうがましだ Five minutes 【ought to】 be enough time.       (1)~かもしれない (2)~しなければならない (3)~のはずだ (4)~べきだ 次の【 】に注目しながら,各文が英語として正しい文かどうかを答えなさい。正しければ「容認可能」で,正しくなければ「容認不可能」で答えなさい。 She 【could】 read when she was four.      容認可能or容認不可能 Yesterday evening, Peter 【could】 watch TV for an hour.      容認可能or容認不可能 I wonder if I 【might】 have a little more cheese.      容認可能or容認不可能 The doctor said that I 【must】 stop smoking.      容認可能or容認不可能 She 【would】 like Fred, but now he means nothing to her.      容認可能or容認不可能 次の【 】の動詞が状態動詞か動作動詞かを答えなさい。 They 【came】 here as immigrants.       動作動詞or状態動詞 The exhibition 【consists】 of 180 drawings.      動作動詞or状態動詞 I'll 【have】 the vegetable plate.      動作動詞or状態動詞 Billy 【thought】 for a moment.       動作動詞or状態動詞 When the twins were born, they 【weighed】 ten pounds.      動作動詞or状態動詞 次の空欄に入れるべき動詞の形を,選択肢から選びなさい。 We ( ) to Boston next week.      (1)goes (2)went (3)gone (4)will go I ( ) to read Harry Potter last week.      (1)begin (2)begins (3)began (4)will begin The train usually ( ) every twelve minutes.      (1)leave (2)leaves (3)leaving (4)will leave I hope she ( ) from shock in a couple of days.      (1)recover (2)recovers (3)recovered (4)will recover Students will be happy when school ( ) over.      (1)be (2)is (3)was (4)will be 次の【 】の意味として最適なものを,選択肢から選びなさい。 The semester 【ends】 next month.      (1)過去 (2)習慣 (3)瞬間的現在 (4)未来 I 【wondered】 if you could help us.      (1)過去の出来事 (2)丁寧 (3)反復 (4)未来 Be careful. The bath-tub 【is going to】 spill over.      (1)意図 (2)拒絶 (3)命令 (4)予測 When will you 【be moving】 to your new house?      (1)意志未来 (2)現在の予測 (3)進行中の未来 (4)必然的な未来 The oak 【is to be found】 all over the world.      (1)運命 (2)可能 (3)義務 (4)予定 次の【 】の意味として最適なものを,選択肢から選びなさい。 I 【have always known】 you were a regular chap.      (1)完了 (2)継続 (3)経験 (4)結果 Marion 【has given】 an interview only once in her life.      (1)完了 (2)継続 (3)経験 (4)結果 I 【was reading】 an economics book last night.      (1)進行中の動作 (2)進行中の習慣的動作 (3)一時的状態 (4)推移的状態 I’【m hoping 】 to take my exam soon.      (1)進行中の動作 (2)進行中の習慣的動作 (3)一時的状態 (4)推移的状態 The carpet 【was fitted】 by the young man.       (1)~に合う (2)~にふさわしい (3)~に合わせる (4)~に相当する 次の【 】に注目しながら,各文が英語として正しい文かどうかを答えなさい。正しければ「容認可能」で,正しくなければ「容認不可能」で答えなさい。 I 【have seen】 her a week ago.      容認可能or容認不可能 I 【am liking】 your sister.      容認可能or容認不可能 You 【are being】 obstinate.      容認可能or容認不可能 John 【is resembled】 by Mike.      容認可能or容認不可能 The nuclear reactor 【was entered】 by a team of scientists for the first time yesterday      容認可能or容認不可能 以上です。

• アメリカの大学から来た手紙の内容の意味がわかりません。。

アメリカの大学に出願しました。そして、その大学から、手紙がきたのですが、内容の意味がよくわからないのです。 内容は、一部なんですけど、 If transcripts are required, please have two official copies sent from each school. Transcripts must bear a Registrar's seal and be in an unopened envelope sealed by the school. どなたか、わかる方、教えて下さい。 お願いします。

• Financeが得意な方(英語)

以下の練習問題が解けなくて困っています。 解答のみで解法が何も無いので、わかる方いらっしゃいましたら是非教えてください。 Your company must deposit equal annual beginning of year payments into a sinking fund for an obligation of $800,000 which matures in 15 years. Assuming you can earn 4% interest on the sinking fund, how much must the payments be? Answer: $38415

• 英語得意な方・・・

海外のサイトで腕時計を買おうと思っているのですが、 いつもは和訳ソフトである程度は読めるんですが、今回はうまく和訳出来ずに困っています。 以下の文章なのですが、知りたいのは、 この時計が新品未使用品なのか中古なのか。 実働か不動か。不動の場合はどのようなトラブルか。 箱などの付属品の有無。です。 よろしくお願いします。 THERE IS NOT A WORKING SEIKO MOVEMENT INSIDE THIS CASE. "IT DOES NOT RUN," OPERATE, FUNCTION, OR WORK LIKE A REAL WATCH. THIS CASE IS A NEW SALESMAN'S SAMPLE THAT HAS BEEN HANDLED AND MAY CONTAIN MINOR SCRATCHES. THE WORD "SAMPLE" IS PLACED INSIDE THE CASE BACK ON A SMALL PIECE OF PAPER... "MUST HAVE AT LEAST A 10 FEED BACK SCORE TO PURCHASE" •ALL ORIGINAL "LIMITED EDITION" SEIKO NON-WORKING KINETIC CHRONOGRAPH MEN'S RARE MODERN WATCH, •BLACK AND ROSE GOLD TONE DIAL, • LUMINIOUS HANDS AND MARKERS, •ROTATING BEZEL •DATE, •WATER RESISTANT, •FLAWLESS HARDLEX CRYSTAL, •SCREW SEE THOUGH CASE BACK AND AN •GENUINE ORIGINAL BLACK ION WITH DOUBLE LOCKING CLASP SEIKO BAND... •SELLING AS IS...NO RETURNS... •RETAIL $750.00 WATCH HAS NEVER BEEN WORN IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION!! "INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS" E-BAY GLOBAL SHIPPING.... IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM IN PURCHASING THIS ITEM, PLEASE CONTACT ME TO CORRECT THE SHIPPING INFORMATION. GLOBAL SHIPPING SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM TO SOME COUNTRIES FROM THE USA. THE CROWN IS GENTLY CEMENTED TO ITS CROWN TUBE AND CAN BE REMOVED BY A WATCHMAKER FOR USE. RETURNS: IF THERE IS A NEGOTIATED RETURN OF ANY KIND; THERE WILL BE A 20% RESTOCKING FEE IMPOSED ON THE REFUND. IT WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER FOR ALL RETURN SHIPPING FEES. A REFUND WILL BE PROCESSED ONLY ON ITEMS RETURNED IN EXACT CONDITION THAT THEY WERE INITIALLY SHIPPED AND RETURNS MUST BE SENT BACK WITHIN 10 DAYS OF RECEIPT. All watches on this listing do not come with box or papers and cannot be guaranteed for waterproofing, even dive watches due to age. Authenticity and description are guaranteed.

• 定冠詞、無冠詞を教えてください。

Cherry blossoms or falling leaves? (エッセイのタイトルです) 1:Japanese students may soon be staring out THE classroom windows on the first day of CLASSES to see falling leaves instead of cherry blossoms if Tokyo University has its way. 2:The university has proposed starting the school year in THE fall instead of April. 3:That will not be an easy change. 4:So ingrained in Japanese life is the April start of SCHOOL that moving the first day feels like rescheduling Christmas or celebrating New Year's Day in July! 週刊STのエッセイの出だしです。 わかりずらいので番号を振りました。 質問したい箇所を大文字にしました。 なぜそこに定冠詞をつけるのか、なぜ無冠詞の単数形(複数形)なるのかわかりません。 わかる箇所もあります。of が付くと限定されてtheが付くと、前にここで習いました。 どなたご教授お願いします。

• イギリス大学院留学 証明書類原本提出について

こんばんは。この度9月よりイギリスの大学院へ留学することになった者です。 現在conditional offerをいただいておりますが、unconditional offerをいただくためには証明書類の原本の提出が必要とあります。 成績証明書や卒業証明書は再発行がすぐに可能なので原本を送ることに抵抗はないのですが、 資格証明書(弁護士や医師、看護師免許など)など、すぐに再発行が効かないようなとても重要な書類は皆さんどのように大学院へ提出されたのでしょうか。やはり原本を提出されましたか。 ちなみに、大学院のホームページの提出書類に関するFAQに対しては次のように記載されており、 日本語、英語の原本の提出が必要かと存じますが、イギリスのRegistryは結構ミスが多く重要書類であっても紛失がよく起こると聞いています。 できればコピーを公証人に認証してもらって、photocopyを送りたいのですが…。 Do I need to send original documents? Yes. All documents must be original apart from your signed offer and bank statements. Only your signed offer and bank statements, if required, may be returned by email. I have been asked to provide evidence of qualifications, what is this? Accepted forms of evidence are; • Original final transcript of your previous study – this must confirm the date and title of your final award. • Original certificates (note: original certificates received by Registry will be kept and returned to the student at registration unless otherwise requested). I included original transcripts when submitting my application, do I need to send further evidence of my qualifications? No. If you have supplied a transcript that confirms the title and date of your final award then you will not normally be required to provide further evidence of your qualifications. Qualifications will still be listed in your offer letter as this is an indication of all your offer conditions. My certificate or transcripts are not in English, will you accept these? No. You need to arrange a translation of your documents. You must obtain this from an official translator (contact your Embassy for further details) and then submit the original translation with the original certificates. Will you accept certified copies of certificates? No.

• 英語の得意な方、翻訳をお願いします

アメリカの方から手紙を受け取ったのですが、一部意味が取りきれない部分がありました。いくつかの翻訳サイトで訳してみましたが分かりません。  However,school here is different than it is at your school.Students here are more uniform,so if it's obvious that you're "different" or "unique",sometimes those qualities are made fun of.

• 留学したいです。大学サイトから、訳さなくてはいけな

The Associate in Arts in Communication Studies for Transfer (AA-T) is designed for students as both a terminal degree as well as for those planning on transferring to a California State University. Upon completion of the associate degree, the student is eligible for transfer with junior standing into the California State University (CSU) system. Students will be given priority consideration when applying to a particular program that is similar to the student's community college area of emphasis. 大学の学位とかに関する、文章です。ちなみに、コミカレです。 留学経験者、英語が普通に話せるかたに訳してもらえると幸いです。 翻訳サイトで、訳した文章は個人的に好みません。 こんな、わがままな条件を理解してくれる、優しい方に回答をしてもらいたいです。

• 英語の和訳お願いします(留学書類)

文章の途中までしか載せてませんが、こちら側で訳せたためです。 よろしくお願いします。 Please note that we will not have linen(blankets,pillow,sheet..)available when students move in. Students will have the choice of going shopping when they arrive(we will have a van that takes students shopping) or purchase them sent(so they are ready for you). To Purchase Linen now... Use these steps to purchase linen and assure that your linen is sent to the residence hall and waiting for you when you arrive:

• 英語のできるかた、日本語に訳してください。

In an effort to provide you the best customer service possible as an international customer, we would like to inform you that there will be approximately 20% of the cost of your order in International taxes and duties fees. Whatever the cost of the taxes and duties, they must be paid in order for your shipment to clear customs. AAA is not responsible for these fees. Please reply within 72 hours with an acknowledgment that you will take full responsibility to pay any fees owed. Failure to comply will result in a delay of your order. Any abandoned package will be credited back minus any shipping, taxes, and duties fees and or charges. Please give us a call if you have any questions regarding this email. AAA=メールの送り主、ショップ名です。 72時間以内に返事くれ・・・みたいなこと書いてあると思うのですが 何を求めてきているのでしょう?