• ベストアンサー

thoseの意味が理解できません

こんにちは。 The second category of players are those you can play reasonable poker, but aren't really the kinds of players you need to be scared of. の”those” you can play thoseの意味が理解できません。 どのように訳せばいいのでしょうか? お手数ですが、よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

これが参考になるかと。 ******************************* 2 :人々 There are those who say so. そう言う人もいる. __プログレッシブ英和中辞典 ******************************* The second category of players are those 二番目のカテゴリーに属するプレーヤーはこのような人々である。 you can play reasonable poker すなわち、あなたがそこそこ楽しめる程度にポーカーが上手い人々

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

ご参考になれば。 those who...は「...する人々」の意味で必ず人に使われます。 例えば、It's the best time now for those who want to go to Korea.「韓国へ行きたい人にとっては今がベストです」 Those who want to be good at English should study hard.「英語が得意になりたい人は熱心に勉強すべきです」 単数の人を表す場合は、a person who...が普通で、one who...やthoseの単数形のthat who...は使われません。私は「those people who..」のpeopleが省略された形だと勝手に解釈して覚えました。ただし、それは間違った解釈でしょうけど。 蛇足ですが、一般に人を表す場合、「値段の高いことに気づくでしょう」のような英文では、主語をone, theyなどでも始めれますが、親しみを込めるというか砕けた表現ではyouやweを使って、「you will notice it is expensive」のようにします。あなたが示されたyouも前後の関係がわかりませんが、上に述べた例にあてはまる気がします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

those = players 人たちとでも訳しますか: 第2カテゴリーのプレーヤーはリーズナブルなポーカーを競える人たちであるが、真に恐るべき種類の相手ではない。 (you はあらわに訳さない)

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• those of youについて

私があるプレゼンで、 Can the people in the back of the room hear me? といったところ、プレゼン終了後、 あるネイティブから、 Can those of you in the back of the room hear me? が正しいといわれました。 この2文の違いを教えて下さい。 御回答、お待ちしております。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。在庫があるか質問したら返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 we finally tracked 2 down for you and it’s actually a better size than our previous one. I can keep the price at $9.99 and the shipping of all will be $5 if you are interested please let me know, I have sent you the invoice and gave you 50% off the price. The cost of shipping is a bit higher since it’s just those items. I can also put the AAA online and you can add it to another order, but it would delay this AAA and the rest of the order since I need a couple of days to send it to our warehouse. If it’s cheaper I can refund you back the cost of the shipping if it is less but it’s high since it’s a smaller shipment. The new one is 2wx 3hx 2d cm and the original smaller one is 1wx 2h x 1d cm, everything else is the same, it’s a really nice AAA and nearly sold out in most places.

• eating those words

Dear Annie: I am a 69-year-old man who, until now, only read your column periodically. Each time I read your advice to someone, I would say to myself, "Hmm, that's really good advice." I never ever thought that I would need to write to you. Well, now I am eating those words. I am eating those wordsとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。値引きをお願いしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 sorry we can only do 10% off right now. We had said 15% off if you buy over 10 AAA but for this I can do 12% that’s already much higher than what we offer, our AAA are made of leather and we really can’t discount them too much, you can use code BBB , and the minimum order is NNN and it expires this week. Please let me know if you need anything else, thanks.

• 日本語して下さい

I can see those on your facebook but I want to see a picture of you taken just for me.

• 日本でポーカー解禁らしいが、政府はポーカー解禁すれ

日本でポーカー解禁らしいが、政府はポーカー解禁すればディーラーの雇用に繋がると判断したためらしいが、ポーカー人口が少ない日本で英語出来るディーラーは少ないのにいったいどこから連れてくるのだろうか? 皆さんにとってポーカー解禁のニュースはどのように思われたでしょうか? ニュースカテゴリー皆さんの ご回答のほど、 お待ちしております。 https://mainichi.jp/articles/20180514/ddm/003/010/063000c Although it seems to be a poker lifting in Japan, the government seems to have decided that if you withdraw poker, it will be deemed to lead to the employment of a dealer, but there are few dealers who can speak English in Japan with few poker populations. What did you think of the news of the lifting of poker for you? News Category All of you As you answered, We'll be expecting you.

• 下記の英文の意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。

Also on summer special sale items you can’t take advantage of additional 20% off since you are already getting 30% off, but you do not have any limitation or requirements within summer special items meaning no quotas with summer special items. So you can order those items any time anyhow you want it to order and please put a separate orders.

• 和訳 …what ancestors are to those of

和訳 …what ancestors are to those of us Awaji puppets, then, are to Bunraku puppets what ancestors are to those of us in the modern period-our true selves, less sophisticated, dead, but participating in a reality that we moderns can only approximate. 歯が立ちません。ご教示ください。

• 和訳お願いします

・I really like that. You can tell me things like that too, I would love it. ・It can go away, it did for my father but it is kind of random. ・ I know I seem really direct now, but i feel the same, we need to meet. ・I want to be the one to do that one you. Me either. I love it though. 以上です。前後の文が見えていないので、難しいと思いますが、分かる範囲で大丈夫です。お願い致します。

• この英語の意味とは?

この英語の意味は、どちらの少女が本当に自分を好きなのか分からなくて困っていると言うような意味なのでしょうか? These days, also, I am scared and I have a fear of which girl can truly love me, but I am sure not so sure what to think of it. 違う解釈があれば教えて下さい。