• ベストアンサー

どういう意味ですか?

こんにちは。英訳をしようとしているのですが、 全く言いたいことが分からず、困っております。 The Poet's Cave had disappeared, but the two great mouths of the cafe of Heaven and the cafe of Hell still yawned--even devoured, as he watched, the meager contents of a tourist bus--a German, a Japanese, and an American couple who glanced at him with frightened eyes. 質問がいくつかあって、 まずThe Poet's Caveとは何のことか。→詩人達が集まる場所? the cafe of Heaven and the cafe of Hellとは何のこと?_ --even devoured…--の「--」は「―」のような役割で、 挿入的に入っているのか??ということです。 英訳というより、まず構文が分かりませんでした。。 どなたか、お力添えをお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

The Poet's Cave had disappeared ポエッツ・ケーブは、なくなっていた。 (ここまでは、いいですよね?) the two great mouths of the cafe of Heaven and the cafe of Hell still yawned カフェ・オブ・ヘブンとカフェ・オブ・ヘルのふたつの大きな口は、まだぱっくりと開いて、 even devoured, as he watched, the meager contents of a tourist bus 彼が見ている間に、観光バスのわずかな中味を呑みこみさえした。 a German, a Japanese, and an American couple who glanced at him with frightened eyes. (「観光バスのわずかな中味」というのは)おびえた目で彼を見やった、ドイツ人、日本人、アメリカ人のカップルが一組ずつ(だ。) 文章の構造を単純化すると、次のようなことです。 the two great mouths still yawned - (two great mouths)devoured the meager contents - a German couple, etc. ふたつの大きな口(のような店の入り口)は、まだぱっくり開いていて、わずかな中味(=ドイツ人のカップル等)を呑みこみさえした。 最初のハイフンは追加説明を導入する役割で、意味的には“and”に置き換えてもほぼ同じ意味になると思います。 後の方のハイフンは、同格の言い換えを表すものでしょう。 つまり“a German, a Japanese, and an American couple who glanced at him with frightened eyes”は、“the meager contents of a tourist bus”と同格の、言い換え表現です。 ちなみに、Poet's Cave、cafe of Heaven、cafe of Hellは、いずれもバーかレストランの名前だと思います。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧に、ありがとうございました。 非常に分かりやすいご解説で、助かりました。 また、見かけましたら宜しくお願いします。

その他の回答 (1)

• DIooggooID
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1730/6405)
回答No.1
suika19850
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• HEAVY and MELLOWなハードロックのお勧めは?

感動するドラマティックな展開のハードロック・アルバムを教えてください。 私の好きな楽曲は We'll Burn The Sky / SCORPIONS Fly To The Rainbow / SCORPIONS Heaven and Hell / Black SABBATH Stairway to Heaven / Led Zeppelin こんなんで、わかりますか?できれば新しい物が良いです。すみません

• 和訳の確認のお願いします。

訳してみましたが、合っているかわからないので確認お願いします。 Into the night Desperate and broken The sound of a fight Father has spoken We were the kings and queens of promise We were the victims of ourselves Maybe the children of a lesser God Between Heaven and Hell Heaven and Hell Into your eyes Hopeless and taken We stole our new lives Through blood and pain In defense of our dreams In defense of our dreams The age of man is over A darkness comes and all These lessons that we learned here Have only just begun We are the Kings We are the Queens We are the Kings We are the Queens -------------------------------- 夜の中へ 絶望と破滅 戦いのざわめき 父は話した 俺たちは王様と女王の約束だと 俺たちは俺たち自身の犠牲者だと たぶん神の子たちだと 天国と地獄の間で 天国と地獄の お前の瞳の中へ 希望のないそして、掴めない 俺たちは新たな命を盗んだ 血統と痛みを通り越して 俺たちの夢を擁護して 俺たちの夢を擁護して 人の寿命は過ぎた 暗闇が来てそして、全てを包む 俺たちがここで学んだこれらの教えは まだ始まっていない 俺たちは王様 俺たちは女王 俺たちは王様 俺たちは女王

• どんな意味?

The Mercury News is the hometown paper of Silicon Valley, the center of the high-tech boom that just a few years ago was so hot that even inexperienced recent graduates were able to "negotiate hefty stock option packages and signing bonuses". "..." 内の意味を教えてください。

• この英文を、同じ意味でかきかえていただきたいです。

Annibale Carracci’s artwork, The Coronation of the Virgin – 1590-1609, this piece of the soul and the mind. This picture grabbed my attention because it is one of the few paintings in which God, Jesus, and Mary are represented as “equals”, because of their sizes. The arrangement of the figures, and the colors implemented by the artist were other elements that interested me. In the following essay I will discuss the subject matter of the painting, and the technique used, as well as a brief discussion of the features that identify this artwork with the time period when it was painted. In this painting Mary is being crowned by Jesus and God, after her ascension to heaven. This action is taking place in heaven, because angels that are sitting in the background and also clouds closer to the border of the painting surround the three main figures. Jesus, Mary, and God are the main figures. In the center, Mary extends her arms as if welcoming a son/daughter or family member and her face expresses tranquility and acceptance. To her right is Jesus, who lifts His right hand to hold the crown, and His face shows kindness and respect. On Mary’s left, is God, who raises His left hand to hold the other side of the crown that is being placed on Mary’s head. God’s face also shows kindness towards Mary, and as the Father and the Son put the crown on Mary’s head, the Holy Spirit, represented as a dove, descends over her. Crowds of angels sit in order, one on the side of the other, around the semicircular theater in the background of the painting, and others, closer to the viewer’s point of view, are represented playing instruments and holding books, as if they were singing. In the center small human figures are shown, one of them holding a scroll as if they were asking Mary to intercede for them before God. Organization, light, and clothing are important elements of this representation, because they make a reference to the style under which it was created. On “The Coronation of the Virgin,” figures form three triangles. The first and smallest one is formed by Mary’s head and extended arms. Jesus and God’s arms and bellies form the second triangle. The third and biggest triangle starts on the Holy Spirit and extends from both sides to the two low corners of the painting. Triangles may serve as reference to the Holy family and also to the Trinity, which are formed by three figures, the same as triangles have three angles and sides. The organization of the figures in this painting make reference to the High Renaissance where the arrangement of the figures played an important role in the meaning and message that the artist was seeking to convey. This painting is also full of light and color, which bring to this picture a sense of natural appearance, characteristic of the Byzantine and High Renaissance, and also of the Baroque. Clothing is another important element of this painting for it is a reminder of the Classical revival. The colors of the draperies are very basic; blue and pink on Mary’s drapery, white on God and Jesus, and red on two angels in the right corner of the painting, and some green in the center, and a lot of yellow in the background. Another important feature that relates this painting with the style the artist implemented is the body types, especially in Jesus and God. Jesus is shown as having Byzantine facial features, and a classical body type, where muscles and a well shaped body are visible. Also God’s body has been idealized, due to the fact that His body looks as young as His son’s body; giving to this picture a characteristic usually seen during the classical period.

• この意味がわかりません。

THIS IS THE CHANGE IN THE PRICE OF THE METAL FROM THE PREVIOUS CLOSE,WHICH IS NOT NECESSARILY THE PREVIOUS DAY.HERE'S WHY:THE TIME THE GOLD MARKET STOPS TRADING WORLDWIDE ON WEEKDAYS IS FOR A 30 MIN PERIOD,FROM 1:30 PM FOR THE CLOSE OF THAT GIVEN DAY.CHANGE IS ALWAYS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CURRENT PRICE AND THE PRICE AT 1:30 PM.FOR EXAMPLE GOLD LAST TRADED AT $400 AT 1:30 PM ON JANUARY 17.IF IT IS JANUARY 17 AT 3:30 PM AND THE PRICE IS $402,WE WILL SHOW A CHANGE OF +2.00.IF IT IS JANUARY 18 AT 1:28 PM AND GOLD IS QUOTED AT $425 THEN WE WOULD SHOW A CHANGE OF +25.00 AT THAT TIME. この文章を翻訳したいのですが うまく日本語に翻訳できません。 日本語にはどう訳したらいいでしょうか?

• 和訳して下さい!

It's not my birthday and I can't even be there to celebrate with you but I'm happy as hell only by imagining how awesome tonight's gonna be for you. happy birthday buddy! Have a great start of another one of the best year of yours.

• 英文の構造と意味について質問があります。

The need to take this time and create a situation of physical stability for ourselves and our families seemed to follow naturally from a period of frequently moving around as bachelors and making our records in makeshift studios この場合、SはThe needですよね。The needに対して、不定詞で、 to take this time and create a situation of physical stability for ourselves and our families これが修飾している。 VはseemedでCがto follow そしてfrom以下で修飾ですよね。 シンプルに考えると、The need seemed to follow naturally これでどういった意味になりますか・・・? Every one of our projects is being preceded by a period of building a greater sample library. The library has always been our primary instrument and it takes several months to get to a substantial and meaningful increase of volume: raw materials, like LPs and audiocassettes The library=a greater sample libraryですよね。 問題は次のit takes several monthsのit ですが、これは何を指していますか? 私はEvery one of our projectsだと思っています。 Every one of our projects takes several months to get to a substantial and meaningful increase of volume. これもどういった意味になるでしょうか・・・? increase of volumeが肝だと思うのですがどうも解釈しきれません。

• 日本語に訳してください

The mosquito net gradually disappeared and became a thing of "old Japan". 最後以外はわかります 最後の old Japanをどう訳せばいいのかわからないのです 正確には a thing of "old Japan". を訳してください 日本語のボキャブラリーがなく、どうすれば自然でいい訳になるのか... 懐かしい日本 古い日本 そういう訳ではなく、自然な訳を教えてください

• ある文章の意味

以下の文章で分からない個所があります。 This variability is true even of the use each one of us makes of language, 1.「This variability is true」と「even of the use」のつながり(文型)が分かりません。 trueとevenの間で文章が切れていると思うのですがいかがでしょうか? 2.「even of the use」と「each one of us makes of language」のつながり(文型)が分かりません。   それぞれが判断しているeven of the useと言う意味でしょうか? 3.evenのあとにofが来ているのですがこれはどの意味になりますでしょうか? 4.make of ...は「判断する」と言う意味でしょうか? 5.この文章の意味を教えて頂けないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。 補足 And a word or construction commonly accepted in one geographic area or by one particular group of people can be quite foreign to those in other locales or communities, even though all of them are speaking English. This variability is true even of the use each one of us makes of language, for our speaking and writing are frequently adjusted to the circumstances that surround them.

• 意味を教えてください

My first visit to Tokyo was a sensory overload unlike any I’d ever experienced. The sheer bombardment of sights, sounds and smells coupled with the labyrinthine train system are enough to give even an expert gamer synesthesia. I honestly never thought I was going to be able to get around a monstro-megalopolis like this. It took me a few months (and a ton of mistakes) to get some semblance of my bearings, sensory overloadとsemblance of my bearingsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします