• ベストアンサー

訳をお願いします。

こんばんは。今回も、またお世話になります。 The descriptions and opinions came hot on to the paper from their causes. I will not say that this is the best way of writing a book intended to give accurate information. But it is the best way of producing to the eye of the reader, and to his ear, that which the eye of the writer has seen and his ear heard. 「その記述や見解は、それらの原因から新聞に新しく載った。 これが、正確な情報を与えるつもりのある本を書く最善な方法で あるとは私は言いはしない。がしかしそれは、読者の目や耳にとって、作家の目が見てきたものや耳で聞いてきたものを作り出す最善の 方法である。」 きちっと理解できていない状態です。それに、大まかに訳が 反れていないかどうか心配です。 何なりとご指摘ください。 宜しくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

これはAnthony Trollopeの自叙伝の一節ですね、19世紀英国の小説家の文章ですので読解はなかなか難しいですよね。 おそらく掲載の部分だけで正確な意味をとるのは難しいんじゃないですか? 個人的にこういう文学的な文章と言うのは非常に広い文脈で読まないと正確な意味はとれないと思います。ですので翻訳を頼む場合、出典や広い文脈を一緒に提供されたほうがより正確で身のある翻訳や解釈の議論が出来るのではないでしょうか? 前置きが長くなってすみません、以下が出典にあたってみた結果の僕なりの訳です。 「(私の旅行記における)紙上の描写や意見が生き生きとしたものになったのは、実はそのおかげ(それを書くにあたってまったく記録ノートをとらず、下調べをしなかった)なのである。 とは言え、私はこのようなやり方が正確な情報を伝えるために本を書く場合に最善の方法であるなどとと言うつもりはない。 ただ、このやり方は、作者が見たもの、そして聞いたことをそのままの形で読者の目に、そして耳に再現するための最善の方法なのである。」 多少意訳しましたが意味は取れますか? ここでの“the paper”は文脈から前述の旅行記の紙上というのを漠然と表した単語だと思います。 “on to”という連続前置詞表現はブリティッシュ文語の特徴的な表現ですね、、“The descriptions and opinions ”が“the paper”のなかで“hot”になっていったということを、執筆行為のもつ動的なニュアンスを残しつつ伝えるためにはかかせない前置詞ですね…。 “produce”は後ろに“to”という方向性を示唆する前置詞があるので本来は「提供する」と訳するところですが、この語は本来「生み出す」というニュアンスの強い語ですので、前後の文脈から読み取れる筆者の表現しようとしたニュアンスとからめて「再現する」という思い切った意訳をしてみました、、、これは異論があるかもしれませんね…皆さんの意見を聞かせてください。

参考URL:
http://www.badosa.com/bin/obrant.pl?id=n179-07
suika19850
質問者

お礼

お返事が遅れてしまい申し訳ありません。 今度から前後の話を載せてから、ご質問させていただきます。 非常に分かりやすいご解説、ありがとうございました! また、機会がありましたら宜しくお願いします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

cause: 主義、主張、信条、運動 http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&p=cause&dtype=1&dname=1na&stype=1&pagenum=1&index=01206200 (3のところ) produce: 提出する。提示する。 http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&p=produce&stype=1&dtype=1 (6のところ)

suika19850
質問者

お礼

お返事が遅れてしまいました。申し訳ありません。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 訳を教えてください

My 3-year-old daughter’s best friend at day care is a boy. They have been together since they were little babies and are inseparable. His family and some of the nursery staff have encouraged the idea that they are boyfriend and girlfriend—when we went to his birthday party, even his extended family said, “Oh you’re Sally’s mom, his little girlfriend!” I know this is fairly common in the way people talk about children, but it’s something I think is creepy and weird. I’ve let it slide because my daughter refers to George as her “best friend,” not her boyfriend, so I don’t worry it’s rubbing off. I don’t worry it’s rubbing offの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳を!c13-3

お願いします!続き  The Ganga River may physically spring from the Himalaya Mountains,but according to some ancient South Asian beliefs,this deity cascades from the top of another deity's head.He is Shiva,lord of creation and destruction.Vishnu is the other major deity.These powerful deities represent the forces of the universe,according to some scriptures called the Upanishads:  Fire is in his forehead,the sun and moon are his eyes,the directions of space are his ears,the Veda is his voice,the wind that pervades the world is the breath which raises his chest,his feet are the earth.He is the inner self of all living beings.  Shiva is said to have three eyes.When he opens his third eye,a flash of fire destroys his enemies,and blesses the good with wisdom.Shiva holds a trident,a three-pronged weapon to kill evil demons,in one hand and a conch shell in the other.The conch shell comes from the bones of a demon named Shankhachuda,whom Shiva destroyed with the help of Vishnu.Not only does Shiva have one more eye than humans do,he is often described as having many hands that represent different aspects of his power.His hands may hold an axe to cut off the heads of evil demons; prayer beads; or a small drum for dancing.Shiva loves to dance,which represents the way the universe is always moving.Since he is responsible for death as well as life,he is often shown wearing the crescent moon,which represent the waxing and waning of life,in his piled and matted hair.

• ()に当てはまるのは何番?

下記の問題の()に何が当てはまるのかわかりません、誰か教えてください!!意訳も教えていただけると助かります。 When a person makes a point of avoiding people, he ( ) to balance his opinions and principles against theirs, with the result that his outlook becomes restricted. 1. is impossible 2.is unable 3.is imperative 4.is incapable

• すごーく長いので、出来たら訳をお願いしたいです

He is an interesting man, but there has been obscurity and misery in his life. He has faced some long and hard past ordeal, or unfavorable circumstances or darkness of spirit has shadowed him and dogged his footsteps. He is stalwart and hardened by the struggle, and a little fatalistic and guided often on his course by his instincts as to what will bring him luck and what wont. He knows what direction he wants to follow in life and struggles against adversities in a dignified way. But he is an unsettled man with a changing unreliable life and a restless determination to rise about him. One who is never at rest or at peace but always on the move. He has a receptive mind, a wild energy and life of much turmoil and contradiction. An ambitious man, but with many impractical dreams, who fools himself into thinking he is capable of achieving more than he can, and so no matter how hard he tries, how successful he is. his goals remain always distant, out of reach or just beyond his capability. He is one of life's takers, not one of life's givers. He takes what's given for granted and exploits it in any way he can, to get further gains. To heap up favours or wealth, a grasping nature, that when given something, extracts more, but gives little or nothing back. He ceases opportunities where he can. Lives by his wits exploits his own reserves, but fails to learn from his bad luck and failures. すみません。やはり長すぎますね・・

• 日本語訳を!!10

お願いします (1) Everyone in first-century BCE Rome knew Marcus Tullius Cicero's name. He served as a consul―Rome's top office―and his fiery speeches drew crowds of listeners. When Cato the Younger, the great grandson of Cato the Censor, called Cicero“the father of his country,”everyone cheered. Yet Cicero's letters show that he sometimes couldn't decide what to do. And he worried a lot about his children. When his daughter Tullia died, he was heartbroken. He wrote to his best friend, Atticus, about his sadness: I have isolated myself, in this lonely region.... In the morning, I hide myself in the dense...forest and don't come out until night.... My only form of communication now is through books, but even my reading is interrupted by fits of crying. (2) Cicero wrote hundreds, maybe thousands, of letters. Amazingly, 900 of them have survived, more than 2,000 years later. They include letters to his friends and to other politicians, in addition to those that he wrote to his brother and his unruly, playboy son. In them, we learn about family problems, deaths, and divorces―not to mention his opinions on almost everything. (3) Like many grown-ups, Cicero liked to give advice, and his letters are generously sprinkled with hints, warnings, and words of wisdom. He was often pompous, even conceited, but he showed his feelings in his writing, even when his honesty made him seem weak or afraid. (4) Some of Cicero's letters report on the latest happenings in Rome. His words give us the best picture we have of life in the 1st century BCE. He wrote about simple things: the weather, gladiatorial games, and the price of bread. But he also described wars, riots, scandals, and the plots of scheming politicians.

• ドラえもんの訳が。。。

次の英文を自分なりに訳してみたのですが、うまく訳せません。助けてください。 (英文) For all his flaws (laziness, stupidity, and cowardice (and occasional attacks of megalomania and selfishness)), Nobita is one of the neighborhood's nicest and most sensitive children, and it is his desire to see justice done that drives the best Doraemon stories. (訳) 彼の欠点(怠惰、愚鈍および臆病(また誇大妄想と自己本位の時々の発病))にもかかわらず、のび太は近隣の最も思いやりのある、最も傷つきやすい子供のうちの一人です。そして、最良のドラえもん物語を追い立てるような正義が完了したのを見るのが彼の願望です。

• 訳の一部がわかりません。

Any teacher can take a child to the classroom,but not every teacher can make him learn.He will not work joyously unless he feels that liberty is his,whether he is busy or at rest;he must feel the flush of victory and the heart-sinking of disappointment before he takes with a will the tasks distasteful to him and resolves to dance his way bravely through a dull routine of textbooks. 上の文で 前半のwhether he is busy or at restはどのように訳したらいいのですか。(heはchildですよね?) それから、後半の文章なのですが、 beforeの後はheが主語でtakes the tasks distasteful to himと続くのだと思うのですが、and resolves to dance がどうつながるのか、文法と訳がわかりません。 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の訳お願いします

デザイナーに関する本を読んでいるのですが、この辺りが訳せなくて困っています。お時間のある方、よろしければ日本語訳お願いします。 From the beginning,Jean-Paul Gaultier has enjoyed a reptation as the enfant terrible of fashion. It is a subversive and yet strangely innocent image that he has always been keen to live up to. Of all the top designers,he is the most marginal,but also the best at incarnating the aesthetics,attitudes,desires and ambiguities of a whole generation of young people,not only in France but on an international level.The high level of recognition that Gaultier has achieved in London and New York is reinforced by the success of his perfume.

• 訳をお願いします。

They really need her to come clean with anything else she knows about Phillip . I told her Phillip is not the man he portrayed himself to be . He never was . He used his con game for his first victim and then again on Katie Calloway , the victim he was in prison for before he kidnapped me . It's always been about what's best for him . All those times he would say the angels protected him that day that he took me from hill never once did he even think that I was the one in need of protection that day . I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she splits and other things , all for her husband ? She said she hoped one day that my mom could forgive her , and I said I wouldn't hold out for that . ある本の中の一節で、三箇所抜き出しました。わからないので、訳を教えてください。お願いします。

• 日本語訳

次の文章を日本語訳してくださいお願いします。 What better way is there to invest in Japan than to create programs that train young Japanese , to show them abroad at their best , and to aid people and the environment?

ログイン後ディスプレイ真っ黒
このQ&Aのポイント
  • ログイン後ディスプレイが真っ黒になる現象について、解決方法を教えてください。
  • パソコン初心者がログイン後にディスプレイが真っ黒になる問題についての質問です。
  • Lenovoデスクトップのログイン後にディスプレイが真っ黒になる場合の対処方法を教えてください。
回答を見る