• 締切済み

またまた間違っていたら教えてください!

最近こればっかりですいません。ご協力お願いします Peter rabbit ピーターラビット Pater rabbit is a very popular animal with little children all over the word. ピーターラビットは世界中の子供たちにとても人気のある動物です。 He was born in England about a hundred years ago. 彼はおよそ100年前にイギリスで生まれました。 Beatrix Potter began to write letters to a boy who had to stay in bed for a long time. ビアトリクスは長い間寝ていなければならない少年へ手紙を書き始めました。 He was her teacher's son. その少年は彼女の先生の息子でした。 Beatrix began her first letter:‘‘My dear Noel,I don't know what to write to you, so I shall tell you a story about four little rabbits''. ビアトリクスは彼女への最初の手紙を「私の親愛するノエルへ。私はあなたに何を書いたら良いかわからない。そこで4匹の小さなウサギの話をしよう」 The naughty one was called Peter. そのやんちゃなウサギの一匹はピーターとよばれていました Beatrix drow a lot of pictures in the letter. ビアトリクスは手紙でたくさんの絵を書きました。 Some years later The Tale of Peter Rabbit was published. 数年後にピーターラビットの物語が出版されました。 The book was based on the letters to the boy. その本は少年の手紙の内容に基づいていました。 Peter became the favorite of little children across the country. ピーターは国をわたって小さい子供たちのお気に入りになりました。 Beatrix Potter wrote many more stories about Peter Rabbit and this friends in the Lake District. (教えてください) She also spent her latter days doing her best to preserve the beautiful countryside which she loved vwry much. 彼女はまた、1日の後半をとても彼女が愛した大好きな田舎を守りました。 We are surprised to see that the scenes still remain almost as they were when she painted them. 私たちは、その光景がまだ彼女が書いた当時のままであることに驚きます。 This is all because of the efforts of Beatrix and the National Trust. これはビアトリクスと保護団体のおかげです。

みんなの回答

• ForrestG
  • ベストアンサー率62% (139/223)
回答No.1

修正が必要そうな箇所のみ。 >Beatrix drow a lot of pictures in the letter. >ビアトリクスは手紙でたくさんの絵を書きました。 「手紙で」→「手紙に」。絵の場合、ふつう「書く」ではなく「描く」という漢字を用います。 あと、drow → drew ではありませんか。確認してください。 ご参考までに、このときの絵手紙の一部が、こちら↓のページの右下で紹介されています。  http://www.nssd112.org/sherwood/IMC/bppix.htm >The book was based on the letters to the boy. >その本は少年の手紙の内容に基づいていました。 「少年の手紙」→「少年への手紙」。 この少年はもちろん、前出の病気の少年です。 >Peter became the favorite of little children across the country. >ピーターは国をわたって小さい子供たちのお気に入りになりました。 「国をわたって」→「全国で、国じゅうで」。 across には「~の至る所で」という意味があります。この場合は「国(イギリス)じゅうの子供のお気に入り」ですから、つまり国民的な人気者ということ。 >Beatrix Potter wrote many more stories about Peter Rabbit and this friends in the Lake District. 「ビアトリクス・ポッターは、湖水地方におけるピーター・ラビットと彼の友達についての物語(~が湖水地方を舞台に繰り広げる物語)を、その他にもたくさん書きました」 the Lake District(湖水地方)というのは、イギリスの観光名所の名前です。 this friends → his friends ですよね。 >She also spent her latter days doing her best to preserve the beautiful countryside which she loved vwry much. >彼女はまた、1日の後半をとても彼女が愛した大好きな田舎を守りました。 latter daysは「1日の後半」ではなく「晩年」。一生に数え切れないほどある日々(days)のうち、遅い方(latter)、つまり人生の最後の方の日々ということです。 あと doing her best(最善を尽くす、頑張る)が訳されていないので、全体をまとめて、 「彼女はまた、晩年を費やして、自らのこよなく愛する美しい田園風景を守ることに力を尽くしました」 という所かと思います。「田舎」という単語がちょっと文脈になじみにくいと感じたので上のように訳しましたが、解釈はもちろん「田舎」で合っています。 vwry → very ですよね。 >We are surprised to see that the scenes still remain almost as they were when she painted them. >私たちは、その光景がまだ彼女が書いた当時のままであることに驚きます。 「書いた」→「描いた」。それから almost(ほとんど)とありますので、「~当時とほとんど変わらない、ほとんど当時のまま」とすべきでしょう。 訳に問題はありませんが、the scenes はビアトリクスが絵に描き、景観を保護しようとした地域の、現在の風景のことです。 >This is all because of the efforts of Beatrix and the National Trust. >これはビアトリクスと保護団体のおかげです。 「これはすべて、ビアトリクスとナショナルトラストの努力のおかげです」 all が訳されていないので補いました。 the National Trust は団体名(固有名詞)なので、日本語でも特に訳さずカタカナのまま書くのが一般的なようです。

noname#65432
質問者

お礼

わかりやすい回答ありがとうございます!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳を教えてください。

She had never met Peter Bacon before, but after he had listened to her presentation about her products he was convinced that the new shampoo would become a big hit.

• 日本語訳をしてください

題名の通りです。お願いします! In 2002, it was admitted at a conference that the temperature control system in Sputnik” had failed. Also, the spacecraft had been designed quickly and little care was given to protecting the life inside. In fact, it was said that the capsule was designed poorly to test haw long a living creature could put up with dangerous conditions. The little while dog was a victim of humankind’s selfish aims and behavior. Oleg Gazenkov, the scientist who chose and prepared Laika for the mission, had this to say: “The more time passes, the more I am sorry about it. We did not learn enough from the mission to justify murdering an animal.” The little victim not only has a plaque in her honor, but she has appeared on postage stamps in many countries in honor of her sacrifice. Chocolate and cigarette brands have been named for her. There is a memorial website for her as well. More than 50 years after her death, Laika is still one of the most famous dogs of all time.

• 文意が把握できているでしょうか

日本語にしてみたのでチェックお願いいたします。 At first, Fuyuko was merely playing. She drew a silhouette of danger which she erased whenever she wished to be rid of it. It depended on her mood. But little by little, the silhouette came to life, starting to show a reluctance to withdraw simply because she wanted it to. She had to exert energy to put a stop to the game. It was a question of will. In the end, the will committed a truly unfortunate error, bringing her to an irrevocable pass. 最初、負由子は単に戯れていたのだ。彼女は危ない影法師を描いた。それは彼女が取り除きたいと望めばいつでも消せた。それは彼女の気分によっていた(気分一つでどうにもできた)。しかし、だんだん影法師は生を帯びてきた。単に彼女が引っ込めたいと望んだだけでは、それは引っ込むのを嫌がるようになった。彼女はゲームをやめるには力をふるわなければならなかった。それは意志の問題だった(もはや気分ひとつで止めることはできなかった)。ついには、その意志がほんとうに不幸なあやまちを犯した。負由子は取り返しのつかない状況へと連れていかれた。

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳お願いします。

日本語に訳していただきたいです。よろしくお願いします。 Years ago, I participated in the rescue of a child from bondage. Destiny (not her real name) was 13. She had been repeatedly raped by a pair of predators to "educate" her. Then, along with several other young girls, she was forced to sell herself to strangers. Each day, she woke to the threat of disfiguring brutality if she failed to bring in sufficient money that night. Later, it was reported that "pimps" had been arrested, and "a number of child prostitutes were taken into custody." What was wrong with calling Destiny a "child prostitute"? After all, she was a child, and she was engaged in prostitution. First, the word itself implies a judgment of character. Don't we call people who sell out their moral convictions in exchange for personal gain "whores"? More important, prostitution implies a willing exchange. Ultimately, the term "child prostitution" implies that little children are "seductive," that they "volunteer" to have sex with adults in exchange for cash (which, of course, the children never see).

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

HMS Hampshire was one of six Devonshire-class armoured cruisers built for the Royal Navy in the first decade of the 20th century. She was assigned to the 1st Cruiser Squadron of the Channel Fleet upon completion. After a refit she was assigned to the reserve Third Fleet in 1909 before going to the Mediterranean Fleet in 1911. She was transferred to the China Station in 1912 and remained there until the start of World War I in August 1914. The ship hunted for German commerce raiders until she was transferred to the Grand Fleet at the end of 1914. She was assigned to the 7th Cruiser Squadron upon her return home. She was transferred to the 2nd Cruiser Squadron in 1916 and was present at the Battle of Jutland. Several days later she was sailing to Russia, carrying the Secretary of State for War, Field Marshal Lord Kitchener, when she is believed to have struck a mine laid by a German submarine. She sank with heavy loss of life, including Kitchener and his staff. Rumours later circulated of German spies and sabotage being involved in the sinking. Her wreck is listed under the Protection of Military Remains Act, though part was later illegally salvaged. Several films have been made exploring the circumstances of her loss.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (15) Ptolemy's death left Cleopatra alone on the throne, but only for a little while. She had to marry another brother in order to pacify the priests and government officials of Alexandria. This brother, her second consort, was also named Ptolemy─Ptolemy XIV. (16) Most historians agree that Caesar planned to place Cleopatra on the throne of Egypt. But scholars disagree about why. Was he in love with hir? Or did he just believe that he could control her...that she would be a useful puppet-queen for Rome? No one knows. (17) When Caesar returned to Rome in 46 BCE, Cleopatra followed him. Even though he already had a wife, the dictator kept Cleopatra and their infant son, Caesarion, in another home. There, she lived in great luxury and, one way or another, managed to offend almost everyone in Rome. (18) The assassination of Caesar two years later left Cleopatra in danger. She knew that no one in Rome would defend her, so she sailed back to Alexandria, taking Caesarion with her. Once there, she arranged for her brother, Ptolemy XIV, to be assassinated. She made young Caesarion her new co-ruler. (19) Cleopatra found Egypt in a bad state, weakened by drought and years of poor harvests. The people were hungry, but the royal treasury was nearly empty. Cleopatra knew that she must connect herself to a source of power. And power, in 41 BCE, meant Rome. So when Mark Antony invited her to meet him in Tarsus (an ancient city in what is now Turkey), she accepted. Even though her country was teetering on the edge of financial collapse, she put on an extravagant show to impress and woo him. Plutarch describes how she sailed up the...river in a flat-bottomed boat...with its purple sails outstretched, pulled by silver oars.... She herself reclined under a gold-embroidered awning, dressed like Venus.... Her slaves, dressed as cupids, fanned her on each side.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!

Sometimes a person‘s whole life can be changed in an instant.Elizabeth Blackwell‘s life changed one afternoon in 1844 when she went to visit a friend who was dying.As Blackwell later described the scene, the dying woman asked her why she did not think of studying medicine, since she was smart and healthy.When Elizabeth reminded her friend that there were no women doctors,the woman sighed and said that if she had been treated by a ‘lady doctor,‘ she might not be dying.At that time, it was not considered proper for women to talk about or know anything about the human body. Elizabeth‘s sick friend had been so ashamed to mention her internal problems to a man that she hid her pain for too long.When she finally sought treatment, it came too late to save her life. Elizabeth couldn‘t get the dying woman‘s suggestion out of her mind. She decided to devote her life to medicine. To earn money for her medical training, Elizabeth took a teaching job in North Carolina.It happened that the principal of the school where she worked was a medical doctor.He had lots of medical books,and Elizabeth  to read them was free when her teaching work was done.She wrote to twentyーnine medical schools asking for admission.Most didn‘t even reply, and the ones that did were very rude.Friends suggested that she dress up as a man to attend medical school, but Elizabeth wanted to be accepted for what she was.A small medical college in NewYork finally said ‘yes.‘ Elizabeth graduated in 1849 at the head of her class,the first woman in the United States to receive a medical degree. 

• よろしくお願いします

I am a 24-year-old college graduate in my first serious romantic relationship. My experience with girls before this was extremely limited. I've been dating my girlfriend for over six months now, and she is wonderful. However, her weight has always been a minor issue in the back of my mind: She is not fat but she has a few extra pounds and this can be seen more when she's wearing fewer clothes. I love her and would never ask or demand her to change just for me, but I've been thinking more and more about how her weight bothers me a little bit. I'm a very thin guy and have naturally gravitated physically toward thinner girls. Until now, I have avoided talking about the matter with my girlfriend except in general terms about others, or the few times she has brought up and engaged with me directly on the matter. When her doctor told her she needed to lose some weight to be healthier, she was upset, although she did not disagree. So I spoke to my therapist and my roommate, and although they're both men, they both thought that if it was something on my mind and was making me a little uneasy that I should bring it up with her. I did, and she did not respond with as much understanding as I hoped. She felt hurt and a little violated, like the one guy who's supposed to love and accept her and find her beautiful just the way she is was attacking a part of her identity. She was shocked, confused and taken aback. She tried to explain how some issues are so sensitive, touchy and personal for women that they should never really be brought up for the sake of the satisfaction in the relationship. In all fairness, I did bring it up a little suddenly and not in the most tactful or direct way, but I didn't know how else to start a hard, uncomfortable conversation I was not looking forward to. She has genes that make it easier for her to gain weight and harder to lose. She has recently started going to the gym, and I was trying to support and encourage her to go more consistently. My question for you is: Was I wrong for not being sensitive to how women think? Should I have let it go if I considered it a smaller issue in our relationship? Would it have made a difference if I spoke to another woman to ask her thoughts beforehand on if and how I should bring this up with my girlfriend? Did I need to? I love her and she is very big on being honest and open and comfortable in trusting each other. Our relationship never hinged on her weight, but I just want to come out stronger. they both thought that if it was something on my mind and was making me a little uneasy that I should bring it up with her.のところはifをthat節で受けているのでしょうか?thatの代わりにコンマの方が自然ではないのでしょうか?あと、come out strongerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳してください

この文章を日本語訳してください。おねがいします In the 1950s, she retired from movies, but become increasingly popular as a TV star. She remarried. She was still accused by many in China of having been a spy for the Japanese during World War2, so she did not visit China for more than two decades. She became host of her own show in 1969 and went on to report from Palestine and Vietnam, two very troubled areas of the world. In 1974, she was elected to the Japanese Diet, where she served for 18 years as Outaka Yoshiko. Yet another life was added to the many she had already had. Upon retiring from government service, she became a leader of the Woman’s Asian Fund. She has written a book about her life under these many names. At the age of 90, Outaka was still very active. Despite the many difficulties that she experienced in life and the many changes, she continued to re-work herself in each “new life.” In a world of growing uncertainty, she is a fine model for all of us of how to adapt to changing conditions. Growth and development are important, even as we get old.