• 締切済み

訳ですが、ほんのちょっと難しいです。Do you believe ・・・・・

外国人のお友達に送りたいのですが、訳を教えてください。。 (少し内容かえてあります) 「予知能力とか信じるほう?私はあまり信じない。でもmarkという予言者だけは少し信じてる。なぜなら当たるから。 彼の予言では、今年1月1日から1月20日の間にA(国)でM7の地震が起こるっていうの。。Aは隣の国だし恐い。」 Do you believe a power to foresee the future? I dont believe it very much. But I believes .... named mark a little. because him..... he is a power to foresee the future... He It is that an earthquake of M7 is generated in A by his prediction during January 20 from January 1, this year. A is a neighboring country so Im ......  なんだかめちゃくちゃな訳ですみません。教えてくださいお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

回答No.1

いいですね。 (参考) Do you believe in second sight -- power to foresee the future? I don't believe it that much. One person I belive is psychic Mark because his prediction comes true. According to him, a magnitude 7 quake will strike A during the period of Jan. 1st to Jan. 20th. A is a neighboring country! I'm scared.

llax00
質問者

お礼

なんだか分かりづらい文ですみませんでした。回答をくださりありがとうございました。勉強になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 節,I believe の文

He manages to do it, I believe. という文があります。 これは、He manages to do it,I believe. → I believe (that) he maneges to do it. という倒置みたいな慣用表現があるのでしょうか?それとも、単に、コンマによって、接続詞的に2つの文がつながっているだけで、「彼は、なんとかそれをやりとげると、私は信じる」のように、コンマ=「と、」が接続詞のようになってるだけですか?

• believeの使い方

動詞believeについての質問です。 yahoo辞書(プログレッシブ英和中辞典)で調べていたんですが http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&stype=1&dtype=1&p=believe It is believed that the president has decided to resign. [=The president is believed to have decided to resign. ] 社長は辞任を決意したと目されている という例文が載っていました。 他の例文では「believe A to do」の形がとれないとありますが、それなら The president is believed to have decided to resign. という表現もムリなのでは?と思いました。 They believe the president to have decided to resign. の受動態に見えるのですが・・・ 実際の英会話では普通に通じそうですが “日本の英文法”的に何故この文が正しいのか、ご教示ください。

• 添削お願いしいます

He was confident and strong will that change their future in their own power. He had a power of expression to show clearly his audience that is he imaged a future vision 「彼は自分達の力で国の未来を変えるという決意と自信にあふれている。将来のビジョンをイメージとして明確に聴衆に見せる表現力がある。」 こちらの英文を添削お願いします。

• wantとbelieve

初めての質問です。 趣味で英語学を独学しているのですが、本を読んでいてよく理解できない部分に出くわしました。より詳しい説明をいただければと思い質問させていただきました。 want型(want,like,hate等)とbelieve型(believe,consider,think等)が取る補文の構造の違いについて、 (ⅰ)I believe John to be honest. (ⅱ)I want John to be honest. 1.believe型は受動化できるが、want型はできない。 (a)John is believed to be honest. (b)*John is wanted to be honest. 2.want型は不定詞の前に補文標識forをとれるが、believe型はとれない。 (c)*I believe for John to be honest. (e)I want for John to be honest. 同書にはこれ以上の説明がありません。 私が知りたいのは、ずばり、何故、「believe型は受動化できるが、want型はできない」「want型は不定詞の前に補文標識forをとれるが、believe型はとれない」のかということです。 語彙特性としてそのように決まっているから仕方ない、文の意味としておかしくなるから仕方ない、という解釈しかないのでしょうか。 それとも、両動詞の構造的な違いを説明する一般的なルールなどがあるのでしょうか? 未熟者ですので質問内容自体、理解しがたくなっているかもしれませんが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• grow out of the blackouts

he has a serious problem controlling himself when drinking. If he crosses the line, which is very easy for him to do, he loses control and acts like a giant, lobotomized toddler set loose in the city. His friends and family ignore it (because it's disarmingly charming to see a tall Brit behave like a puppy on ether), but I worry about the future. He believes we can work through it— he'll grow out of the blackouts, grow out of the blackoutsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• この英文の訳は??

(1) a.He pretend not to be her friend. b.he did not pretend to be her friends. (2) a.It is difficult for him never to go there alone again. b.It is not difficult for him to go there alone again. (3) a.I think it important not to tell him the fact. b.I do not think it important to tell him the fact. がわかりません。 (1)は2つとも「彼は彼女の友達のマネをしなかった」 というよくわからない文にしか訳せないし、 (2)は a.「彼にとって一人で再び来こない事は難しい事だ。」 b.「かれにとって一人で再び来る事は難しくはない。」 と訳したのですが、何かおかしい気がします。 (3)は a.「私は彼が言わない真実は大切な事だと考えている。」 b.「私は彼が言った真実は大切な事ではないとかんが得ている。」 と訳してみましたが自信がありません。

• 英文の訳をお願いします

以下の文章を訳していただけますか。お願いします。 He deeply desires, a true friend, someone whom he can express his feelings and thoughts to. People and relationships are important to him despite his independent exterior. He is interested in the lives and affairs of those close to him. He is an excellent arbitrator, negotiator and peace maker and meddler in other peoples problems. But not soft B, he is as forceful as he feels is necessary for achieving his own aims and ambitions, and if he feels others are not appreciative of what he is trying to do, then he will consider them unworthy of his time and efforts and he will take back what ever efforts he has made on their behalf, or whatever he has given then, When he gives to people it is not free, even if it just advice, it comes on loan. And at some point the loan is recalled. The favour owed is collected like a debt by him.

• stupid of you to  のあとは動詞が続く?

英単語を学習する教材のDUO2.0のなかにこういうセンテンスがありました。 (1)It was stupid of you to believing him. 彼を信じたあなたがどうかしてたのよ stupid of you to のあとのbelievingはなぜ動名詞になっているのかがわかりません。 では、 (1) It was stupid of you to believing him. (2) It was stupid of you to believe him. (3) It is stupid of you to believing him. (4) It is stupid of you to believe him. 4つのセンテンスそれぞれのニュアンスの違いや文法的間違いを比較して説明していただけませんか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My dear neighbor "Susie" and I attend the same exercise class twice a week. She wants to alternate who drives to the class, but neither she nor her husband is a good driver. He has vision problems and had an accident, and she is a nervous driver, as well as a nervous passenger, calling out whether it is OK to proceed at an intersection. calling out whether it is OK to proceed at an intersectionの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??

If there is a god, I am not inclined to believe I am special and he listens to all of my prayers (like christians believe). And I am not inclined to believe that I will have another life after this one. I don't want to make that assumption - because if there is another life, how do I know if it's going to be good or bad? That would just make me worry more! こんにちは。アメリカの方からのメールなんですけど 神様はいるのか、そして転生輪廻はあるのかという話しなんですけど、質問させて下さい。 (1)I am not inclined to believe I am special and he listens to all of my prayers は、神がいるなら私は自分が特別だとも、彼が私の願いの全てを聞いてくれるとも信じたいと思わない?? (2)if there is another life, how do I know if it's going to be good or bad? That would just make me worry more! もし違う人生があるならどうやって私は良くなるか悪くなるか知ればいいの?? といいう風に意味がわかりません。 どなたかアドバイスお願いします<(_ _)>