• 締切済み

困ってます!

The Two Turkeys Once upon a time there were two turkeys, an old turkey and a young turkey. The old turkey had been cock of the walk for many years and the young turkey wanted to take his place. “I’ll knock that old buzzard cold one of these days,” the young turkey told his friends. “Sure you will, Joe, sure you will,” his friends said, for Joe was treating them to some corn he had found. Then the friends went and told the old turkey what the young turkey had said. “Why, I’ll have his gizzard!” said the old turkey, setting out some corn for his visitors. “Sure you will, Doc, sure you will,” said the visitors. One day the young turkey walked over to old turkey was telling tales of his prowess in battle. “I’ll bat your teeth into your crop,” said the young turkey. “You and who else?” said the old turkey. So they began to circle around each other, sparring for an opening. Just then the farmer who owned the turkeys swept up the young one and carried him off and wrung his neck. Moral: Youth will be served, frequently stuffed with chestnuts. この"The Two Turkeys" のmoralには二重の意味があるみたいなのですが、その2つの意味内容をそれぞれ日本語で教えてほしいのですがお願いします。。。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数4

みんなの回答

• TK0318
  • ベストアンサー率34% (1261/3651)
回答No.1

この文章、はやりでしょうか^^; 過去同じ質問をされている方いますよ^^

参考URL:
http://odn.okweb.ne.jp/kotaeru.php3?q=370588

関連するQ&A

• 難しくてわかりません・・・

Once upon a time there were two turkeys, an old turkey and a young turkey. The old turkey had been cock of the walk for many years and the young turkey wanted to take his place. “I’ll knock that old buzzard cold one of these days,” the young turkey told his friends. “Sure you will, Joe, sure you will,” his friends said, for Joe was treating them to some corn he had found. Then the friends went and told the old turkey what the young turkey had said. “Why, I’ll have his gizzard!” said the old turkey, setting out some corn for his visitors. “Sure you will, Doc, sure you will,” said the visitors. One day the young turkey walked over to old turkey was telling tales of his prowess in battle. “I’ll bat your teeth into your crop,” said the young turkey. “You and who else?” said the old turkey. So they began to circle around each other, sparring for an opening. Just then the farmer who owned the turkeys swept up the young one and carried him off and wrung his neck. Moral: Youth will be served, frequently stuffed with chestnuts. といった文章なんです。ここで、モラルに二重の意味が含まれているらしいのですがまったく見当がつきません。長い文章なのですが、どうか教えていただけないでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 英語のジョークと訳をお願いします!!

Taboo Word Prepairing for the most important presentation of his life, a sales rep went to his psychiatrist and asked for help. 'I'll implant a hypnotic suggestion in your mind,'said the psychiatrist.'Just say 'One-two-three,' and you'll give the most brilliant presentation of your life. However, don't say 'one-two-three-four,' because if anyone says that, you'll freeze up, lose your train of thought and make a complete fool of yourself.' The sales rep was ecstatic.He tried it at home and gave his family a fabulous presentation.He tried it at work, and his colleagues replied with a standing ovation. Then came the big day. Everything was set up in the boardroom and the CEO signalled him to start.The sales rep whispered under his breath, 'One-two-three.' Then the CEO asked,'What did you say 'one-two-three' for? 宜しくお願いします!!

• この英文は何を言いたいのですか?

以下の文ですが、老人は孤独だから、女よりも話し相手が欲しいのだ、と言いたいのですか? それが老人の知恵だと言いたいのでしょうか? どうも、何を言いたいのか、よく分かりません。外国のメル友が送ってくれました。メル友にとってはimpressiveな内容なんだろうと思います。 解説的に説明して頂けませんか。宜しくお願いします。 Here's a guy in his 70's who loves to fish. He was sitting in his boat the other day when he heard a voice say, 'Pick me up.' He looked around and couldn't see anyone. He thought he was dreaming when he heard the voice say again,'Pick me up.' He looked in the water and there, floating on the top, was a frog. The man said, 'Are you talking to me?' The frog said, 'Yes, I'm talking to you. Pick me up, then kiss me; and I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. I'll make sure that all your friends are envious and jealous, because I will be your bride!' The man looked at the frog for a short time, reached over, picked it up carefully and placed it in his shirt pocket. The frog said, 'What, are you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said? I said, "Kiss me, and I will be your beautiful bride."' He opened his pocket, looked at the frog and said, 'Nah. At my age, I'd rather have a talking frog.' With age comes wisdom.

• 英文を読んで訳すのを教えてください。

He started for the market with the cow. On his way to the market he met a man who had a pig with him. “Good morning,” said the man. “Good morning,” answered Jack. “Will you give me your old cow for this fat young pig?” said the man. Jack thought that it was a good idea. So he exchanged his old cow for the young pig. He walked on happily until he met another man who had some fine beans. “These are magic beans,” said the man. “’I’ll give you one of them, if you give me that pig.” Jack thought that it was wonderful to have a magic bean. So he agreed to it and carried the bean proudly back home. He showed the bean to his mother. “Is this all that you have got for that cow?” she said. “Now we have no cow to give us milk. All we have is this bean.” 次の文の指示された文を英訳してください。 (1)He walked on happily until he met another man who had some fine beans. これを解いてみると、 (1)彼はいい豆を持っている人に会うまで楽しそうに歩き続けた。 になりました。しかし、先生に間違っていると指摘されたのでどこが間違っているのか教えていたでけませんか。 出来れば意訳があれば教えてもらいたいです。

• 英文法 主語と動詞の一致

勉強していく中でわからない問題がありました。 ( )に入るものの四択です。 1.The great collection of books ( ) now been scattered. (1)get (2)will (3)has (4)comes to 2. His knowledge of languages and international relations ( ) him a lot in his work. (1)aid (2)aids (3)are aiding (4)have aided 3.There ( ) to be more than 3.000 languages in the world. (1)are said (2)are seemed (3)is said (4)is seemed 4. At the bus stop ( ) an old woman and two young men on their way to Philadelphia. (1)were (2)was (3)is (4)has been 問題文の訳はわかるのですが、どれを選べばよいのかが全くわかりません。 自分なりに考えて、 1は(1)か(3)、 2は(3)、 3は(4)、 4は(1)か(2) ということになりました。 調べ方が悪いのかもしれませんが、用例が出てきません。 正解を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 大至急!※以下の英文を日本語に翻訳願います!※

so im not young in Japan too in two yeras umm so you have to marry in Japan soon? i guess i understand for example 25 yer old can marry 40 year old and no problem yes?

• どのような違いがあるでしょうか

I'm a college sophomore. Recently, I baby-sat for a friend of a friend who is a few years older and lives in town with her husband and two kids. One was an infant, and the other was a toddler. It was a relatively easy baby-sitting gig; the little one mostly just slept, and the older one, though a bit of a handful at times, was not too much trouble. I watched them for about three hours while the parents went on a date. At the end of the night, the mom and I chatted for a few minutes. Then she said, "Well, it would be tacky to pay you, so I'll just take you to lunch sometime." I felt awkward and said, "Oh, OK. Sure." I wasn't sure what else to say. I got my things and left. It's not as if she and I were friends; this was my first time meeting her. my first time meeting herはmy first time to meet herとは言えないでしょうか?両者はどのような違いがあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします

I was sick for the last two days so I still have to finish the 2088 and then I'll get the L2 made so it will be two more days and then they both will be ready to ship :

• 英文を和訳してください。

和訳お願いします。 An old man died and left son a lot of money. But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent all the money, so that soon he had nothing left. Of course, when that happened, all his friends left him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles. `My money has finished and my friends have gone, `said the young man. `What will happen to me now?` `don't worry, young man, `answered Nasreddin. `Everything will soon be all right again. Wait, and you will soon feel much happier.`

• 同意文作成問題の解答を教えて下さい(高校受験)

(1)Will you wait here for me?  Will you wait here (     )I come back? (2)He went up to Tokyo at the age of twenty.  He went up to Tokyo (     )he (     )twenty. (3)I am tired because I worked hard.  I am tired (     )(     )hard work. (4)While he was staying in Paris,he visited his old friend.  (     )his(     )in Paris,he visited his old friend. (5)When I was going to station,I saw a friend of mine.  I saw a friend of mine (     )my(     )to station. (6)Look at the girl who has a beautiful lily in her hand.  Look at the girl (     )a beautiful lily in her hand.