• ベストアンサー

前置詞

お世話になります。 選択問題です。 日本語はありません。 The understanding people have( ) other countries is often very superficial. 1.on 2.at 3.of 4.in ーーの の意味で 3だと思うのですがーいいですか? またaboutもつかえますか。 1のon でーーに関しては どうですか。 教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

have an understanding of ~で「~を理解している」 = understand ~となります。 この of は「~について」ではなく, write a letter → the writing of a letter と同じで,目的語の関係を表すものです。 「~について理解している」でなく,「~を理解している」なので, 「ついて」という意味の前置詞でなく,「~の」の of になります。 「~について」と考えて,about や on にしても通じますが, of の方がかなり自然な言い方になります。

ann2008
質問者

お礼

目的の関係ですね。 ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (3)

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.3

on ポイントとは関係代名詞の省略を見抜くこと。 The understanding that people have on ... ...について持っている理解

ann2008
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 みなさんのご意見参考にします。

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.2

候補その一 of 候補その二 in 除外その一 at 除外その二 on 隠れ一位(個人的) to The understanding people have to other countries is often very superficial. the understanding to other contries 「他国への理解」 隠れ二位 about aboutもいいのですが、焦点がぼやけるのとキビキビした感じが無くなるので個人的には、、、あまり、、、

ann2008
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

• taked4700
  • ベストアンサー率37% (777/2050)
回答No.1

これ、むずかしいですね。 「人々が持つ他国に対する理解はおうおう大変表面的なものだ。」 ということでしょうが、 understand は他動詞なので、その名詞形はofを前置詞に普通はとります。 ですから、 People's understanding of other countries is often very superficial. なら問題ないのですが、have が入っているので、onやabout でも言ってしまう感じはありますね。 でも、understanding は、内容的なものなので、on にしてしまうとちょっと違和感があるかも知れません。 なかなか判断が難しいと感じます。

ann2008
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語 和訳

和訳お願いします (1)When people travel to other countries, they find that many things are different from the things in their own country. (2)It can be very hot in summer and very cold and snowy in winter. (3)People who come from hot countries often find that it is too cold for them in December, January, ane February. (4)It is sometimes difficult to talk to them on the street because they are always very busy and don't have much time.

• 関係詞の英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします

1)The woman,(what) we believed was in her thirties,had three grandchildren. 2)(Whoever) you'd like to follow,you have to listen to me. I'm the boss. 3)I threw away a pair of glasses,(of which color) I didn't like. 4)The meeting will start at 10:00,at (what) time today's agenda will be announced. 5)A large proportion of (which) English-speaking people watch on TV is of American origin. 6)That's the reason (why) made us change our plan. 7)Sydney is the city (where) has the largest population in Australia. 8)The salesperson (told you) your size probably thought you wanted to try on the coat. 9)Last night Cindy told me about her new job in Tokyo,(which) she appears to be enjoying very much. 10)He is married to a singer of (whose) you may have heard. 11)Shakespeare lived in the 17th century,(whose) plays still enjoy fame in the 21st century. 12)In November or December,(where) the air becomes cold and dry,Mt.Fuji is visible more often than in any other month. 英文が多くてすみません。 ()内の添削をお願いします。 現在参考書が手元に無い環境なので間違いが多いかもしれません(汗 解説や和訳を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 前置詞について

前置詞について There is an exhibition of African art on at City Hall. art と at の間になぜ on を入れる必要があるのでしょうか? ご教示を宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) A situation comedy,or sitcom, is a type of comedy program that is popular in the U.S. The stories are often about everyday events in daily life and take place in a common setting such as a home or office. In many sitcoms, we hear people not on the screen laughing at the funny parts of the show. This is called a laugh track. It is a separate sound track added to the program. This gives viewers the feeling that they are in atheater with a lot of other people. Sitcoms are popular not only in America but also in many English-speaking countries around the world.

• 前置詞何が入りますか?

前置詞何が入りますか? She is now ( at , on , in , under ) publishing business. よろしくお願いします!

• 前置詞の使い方について。

以下の問題で、(    )に入るのは The students in this class are not allowed to wear earrings ( ) their ears. (1)  at (2)  in (3)  on (4)  above では、(3)onが正解でしょうか? 耳の上につけると、解釈しましたが。 どなたか、教えて下さい!

• 添削してください。

明後日、学校で英語でプレゼンしないといけません。 書いた英語が文法的に正しいか添削をお願いします。 THE POPULATION OF ARGENTINA I will tell you about the population of Argentina. There live 40,301,927(forty million, three hundred one thousand, nine hundred twenty-seven) people in Argentina―about forty million people. Considering the population of Japan is about one hundred twenty million, that of Argentina is very small. As you can see, THREE TIMES!! So the rank of Argentina’s population is the 31st, and that of Japan’s is, to my surprise, the 10th. However, the population of Argentina is increasing and its population growth rate is 0.938%. On the other hand, in Japan, as you know, the number of people is decreasing. The rate of Japan is -0.088%. So in 2050 there will be about 51,382,000 people in Argentina, and about 112,198,000 in Japan. では、よろしくお願いします。

• 前置詞inについて

The system for fostering people in the legal profession のthe legal professionの前の前置詞はなぜinなのでしょうか?ofではダメなのでしょうか?どういうときにinをつけるのでしょうか?

• 位置を表す前置詞

~の南や~の西をあらわすときにはinを使うと習ったのですが、 (1)Japan lies ( ) the east of Asia. (日本はアジアの東部に位置している。 (2)Mexico is ( ) the south of the USA. メキシコはアメリカの南にある。 (3)China lies ( ) the west of Japan. 中国は日本の西に位置している。 の場合(1)はin で(3)はtoが入るようですが、 (2)はat でしょうかonでしょうかそれともinでいいのでしょうか。 またlie のところは be located ~としてもいいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 代名詞と所有形容詞に変えるもの

次の文で1~14を代名詞と所有形容詞のなにに変えればいいか分かりません。どなたか分かる人はいませんか? One message of the (1)Harry Potter movies is that good friend are important. (2)Harry has many problems in his life.Harry is always in danger. However,(3)Harry solves Harry's problems becouse Harry has (4)some good friends to help Harry. The good friends are not typicalkids. The good friends know magic and have some special skills. (5)Harry's best friend is (6)Ron. Ron is loyal and dependable. Ron often helps (7)Harry get out of danger. (8)Harry's other good friend is (9)Hermione. Hermione is very smart and good at Hermione's studies. (10)Hermione helps (11)Harry with Harry's homework. (12)Harry depends a lot on (13)Ron and (14)Hermione,and Ron and Hermione help Harry through many adventures. Harry,Ron,and Hermione's friendship is one of my favorite things about the movvies.