• ベストアンサー

詩の訳を教えて下さい・・(1)

My heart is like a singing bird 私の心は、鳴いている鳥のようです Whose nest is in a watered shoot; 誰の巣が、灌漑された撮影においてありますか; My heart is like an apple-tree 私の心臓は、リンゴの木のようです Whose boughs are bent with thick-set fruit; 誰の大枝が、ずんぐりした果物で曲げられますか; My heart is like a rainbow shell 私の心臓は、虹色の貝のようです That paddles in a halcyon sea; 幸福な海の水たまり My heart is gladder than all these, 私の心は、これら全てより喜ばしいです、 Because my love is come to me. きみがいるからは、私のところへ行きます。 Raise me a dais of silk and down; 私を上げる絹とダウンの壇; Hang it with vair and purple dyes; それをベールと紫の染料に掛けてください; Carve it in doves and pomegranates, それをハトとザクロに彫ります、 And peacocks with a hundred eyes; そして、100の目のクジャク; Work it in gold and silver grapes, 金と銀のブドウでそれを働かせます、 In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys; 葉と銀のfleurs-非lysで; Because the birthday of my life 私の人生の誕生日 Is come, my love is come to me. 近付きます、私の愛は、私に近付かれます。 直訳すると、こんな感じなのですが・・・さっぱり意味がわかりません。 なんとなく、愛の喜びを書いているのかな、という感じなのですが。。 よろしくお願いします<m(__)m>

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • trgovec
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2538/4879)
回答No.3

詩ですから普通と違う言い回しや古い表現が使われています。 Whose nest is in a watered shoot; 誰の巣が、灌漑された撮影においてありますか Whose boughs are bent with thick-set fruit; 誰の大枝が、ずんぐりした果物で曲げられますか もう一つの whose と that は関係代名詞で本来は後ろから前へかけて訳すのですが、一行ずつ切ります。whose は「その」that は「それは」と訳します。 上の2行は「その巣は水のしたたる芽の中にある;その枝はたわわな実で曲げられる」のようになります。 That paddles in a halcyon sea; paddle は動詞で「それは平穏な海で櫂をこぐ(ように泳ぐ)」 is come 3箇所にある is come は通常は has come で現在完了。「来て今ここにいる」という意味です。 そのあとに続く動詞で始まる行は命令文。「~してください」 Carve it in... 「それを...の形に彫刻してください」in は「~の形に」 peacocks with a hundred eyes そのまま訳すと妖怪みたいですが、eye は羽の目玉模様のことです。 Work it in gold and silver grapes In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys; work は広い意味で「細工する」ということで、「それを金銀のブドウや、葉と銀のあやめの形に細工してください」 大げさで日本人になじみのないたとえを使っているので分かりにくいですが、確かに愛の喜びを描いています。

hisoft39
質問者

お礼

孔雀の目はそのまま訳してしまいました^_^; そうですね、羽に模様がありますものね。 大変参考になりました。丁寧なお答え、本当にありがとうございました(*^_^*)

その他の回答 (2)

• longrain
  • ベストアンサー率39% (52/131)
回答No.2

オリジナルは、 A Birthday http://www.englishverse.com/poems/a_birthday Christina Georgina Rossetti (1830-1894) の詩のようですね。

hisoft39
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 参考にさせていただいきます(*^_^*)

• forest12
  • ベストアンサー率40% (18/45)
回答No.1

My heart is like a singing bird Whose nest is in a watered shoot; 私の心は歌う鳥、その巣が水をやった若木の中にある鳥。 My heart is like an apple-tree Whose boughs are bent with thick-set fruit; 私の心はリンゴの木、その大枝がたわわな果実で曲がった木。 My heart is like a rainbow shell That paddles in a halcyon sea; 私の心は虹の貝、凪の水面に櫂かける貝。 My heart is gladder than all these, Because my love is come to me. 私の心はそんなものものよりも晴れやか。なぜなら私の愛があなたへと向かうから。 Raise me a dais of silk and down; 私を絹と綿毛の雛壇に上げて。 Hang it with vair and purple dyes; 壇にはベア(リスの毛皮)と紫の染め色で彩って。 Carve it in doves and pomegranates, And peacocks with a hundred eyes; 鳩と柘榴と目のたくさんな孔雀を彫りつけて。 Work it in gold and silver grapes, In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys; 金と銀の葡萄や、葉っぱ、銀のアヤメの形を縫いつけて。 Because the birthday of my life Is come, my love is come to me. 私のいのちが生まれた日が来る。だから私の愛はあなたへと向かっていく。 ……というわけで、多少の間違いはあるでしょうが、とりあえず訳してみました。 お考えの通り愛の喜び、というか熱烈な愛の表明のようですね。(原典はわからないのですが。) パッと見、質問者さんは関係代名詞がうまく訳せていないので、そこを復習してみてはいかがでしょう。あとの瑕疵は単語の問題ですね。

hisoft39
質問者

お礼

大変詳しいお答えありがとうございました(*^_^*) やはり、細かい表現になると難しいですね。 >関係代名詞がうまく訳せていないので、そこを復習してみてはいかがでしょう アドバイスありがとうございました。 イギリスの英語はアメリカと違い、難しいですね。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳をお願いします。

Deciding to share my journal entries was a decision I have thought about long and hard and have come to the conclusion that it is important for me to include my feeling and thoughts during my time in captivity. この文の中で、thought about long and hard や、and have come to ~  の主語は何でしょうか。 訳を宜しくお願いします。

• 英語が堪能な方 訳をお願いできますか?

I: We hung out about six months ago or so. CS: I was like I've been here before and I came in the back way. I: You did exactly the same thing. And the last time you were here, I think you had about a hundred thousand followers on Twitter. CS: Yeah I'm at like 500 and it goes up like 5,000 a day and I'm like wow. I: At the Cody Simpson, talk to me about how this happened. Of course you were found on YouTube by mediators. CS: Yeah I was found I think it was two thousand and was the end of two thousand and nine. Um like October 2009. I had this producer was just like send me messages to Myspace I think it was and he was just like I think you're really talented why don't you come over and record some songs for me. So he flew me and my dad over and we just gotten in a studio and see what happen and.. I: Next thing you know. CS: Yeah it just it just went like that. I: And you teamed up with Flo Rida with..

• 英語訳お願いします。

どなたか、英語が堪能な方お願いします。 (1) This is charcoal. I like barbeque very much. I often have barbeque party with my family and friends in summer. It is really fun and dish is very delicious. (2) This is an autographed ball. I was given an autograph by Mr.Yoshinobu Takahashi in Yomiuri Giants. It is genuine. I like baseball since long ago. My father watched Major League games on TV in the weekend and I came to like it affected by that. (3) These are vegetables. I am working as a part time worker at the grocery store. All worker are friendly and cheerful and I am happy to work. My job is easy. (lol) Good points to work there are that hourly pay is high and I can eat many fresh fruits. (4) This is a savings bank in the form of Jizo (a guardian deity of children). It has good touch and I like it. No money is in it. (lol) (5) This is a seal. I bought it when I went to the trip to Beijing, China. It was made of crystal and by craftsman’s hands. I like it very much but have never used. (lol) (6) This is a photo of Tenanmon. It was very cold on the day I took this photo. It was very wide and the building had sense of history. Here was also a location site of the movie "Last Emperor." (7) This is a ticket of the World Cup. I went to the World Cup 2006 in Germany. I saw the game between Japan and Brazil and was very excited. Dortmund in Germany had very beautiful street and very tasty baked sausage 長文すいません・・・

• 訳をお願いします。

In a live show I can make the music come alive and I can communicate my feelings with the audience. 訳をお願いします。the music come alive の部分はどう訳するのがいいんでしょうか。

• 訳と、この場合の返し方

メールをしている相手からこのような文が入ってきました。彼はどんんあタイプがすきといっているのですか?すべてが訳せなかったので教えてください。自分なりに理解したのは素直な人が好きで、いいときも悪いときも一緒にいてくれる人というところです。それと、最後could you....の部分は特に意味はないとおもうのですが、このような文章にはどのような返事をすればいいのでしょうか?例えば英語で教えてください。I like a woman who is very honest and loyal to her man. I don't like head games, so I dont play them. Ilike a woman who can be there for me in good and bad times. Understand me and let me be me and except me in good and bad times a woman who is nit judgemental. I am a man who takes care of home. I believe in taking my lady out to a dinner a movie or just for a walk or something she likes to do. I cook for her. Rub her feet and wash her body and share my thoughts dreams. I want a woman i can call my own. Grow with her untilthe end of time. COuld you be this woman

• [緊急]日本語訳お願いします!

Does it mean that you're not shy? :) I really like buddhism! I think this is the religion I like the most, it's the most believable, thoughtful, and I agree with what that religion say. :) Our teacher said that Japanese celebrate Xmas in a different way to European People, I don't really know whether it's true or not...! This is a good thing to be interested in the world, and France is a nice place, you'll see, you might like it ! :D This morning, i had a japanese conversation lesson with a real japanese person, and she spoke to me all in Japanese and I didn't understand anything, except few easy things... and I realized that I was very bad for speaking and understanding Japanese! We only had a year of japanese lessons, so we're not very ready to speak japanese fluently, so I'm sorry, I'll do my best but my japanese level isn't great...! ^^ I'm very excited to come in 10 days now ! :DDD It's a huge adventure for me!!! I'll try to check my email every day for you to have a answer quickly ! :p See you soon !!! 急いでいます! 早めに返事いただけると助かります(;~;)

• 訳をお願いします

訳をお願いします As for me , it is calligraphy that expresses what I am. I'd like to improve my skill and hold an exhibition abroad some day.

• 訳の修正お願いします

Eplからもらった文なのですが、訳がうまく出来ません。わかる箇所ありましたら訂正とただしい訳を教えてください。 (1)I see...so how good is your english??? I can speak a little Japanese, so I don't think communication would be a problem....but I know that it is very important to have. We were together for a long time, but it just never felt right...we would always have different opinons about things, and see would go to the club a lot...and dance and always try to meet new guys...she said she never cheat on me, but I really don't know??? わかった、(わあkりません)私はすこしだけ日本語はなせる、コミニュケーションとるのは問題ない。でもとても重要なことだ。 うちらは長い間一緒だった。(わかりません)いつも意見が異なった。クラブへいったり男と出会ったり (わあkりません) (2) But I'm much happier with her out of my life then in my life. So anyway, No I don't have any kids, and I have never been married before....I am single and looking for the right girl to spend the rest of my life with....who knows you may be her!!! You seem like a really nice girl and it seems like you have a great heart too. ・・・・・私はシングルで・・・さがしている。・・・あなたはほんとにナイスな女性にみえるし気持ちもすばらしい (3)I think next we will have to meet someday to really see if we have ssome things in common with each other. So how about you...do you have kids?? Would you consider dateing with me??? or am i to ugly??heheheheheh (あいたいようなことを言っているのはわかりますがうまく訳せません)

• 意味を教えてください

I’m a college student who, a little over a month ago, broke it off with a guy I’d been in a relationship with for 10 months. There was no spark, and I felt like being single and exploring other options. My ex is completely, unabashedly in love with me still and has been taking it really hard. He calls and texts me constantly asking for me back. I’ve been broke lately, and I mentioned to him off-hand that I’m worried about funding my study abroad this summer. asking for me backとfunding my study abroadの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• すごく分かりづらいです!訳を助けてくださいお願いします

メールをもらったのですがとっても訳すのに訳しづらくて困ってます。自分なりにやってみましたが間違えや正しい訳を教えてください 1 whats your full name? and do u have a nickname my friends call me XXX. because i like playing in water when is your birthday? あなたのニックネームは? 私の友達は私をXXXとよびます。 なぜなら水の中で遊ぶのがすきだからです。 2 and do you prefer a man that is open about his feelings (i'm the type of person to shout to everyone in the mall my feelings for u) or do prefer a man that is quiet about his feelings? ask me some qustions anytime and don't worry bout time zones u can e-mail me anytime (これが全然分からなくて・・・・)質問あったら何でも聞いて時間帯は気にしないでいつでもメールして。 すみませんがお願いします 翻訳機以外の訳を教えてください