• ベストアンサー

タイの人に英語で自己紹介をしたいのですが・・・

こんにちは。 私は中学生ですが夏休みにタイの人に英語で自己紹介の手紙を書きたいのですが、なかなか辞書ではよく分からず困っています。下に日本語と英語の文を書きました。日本語の文を英語に訳したいのですが・・・ 英語がとても苦手で、見苦しいとは思いますが頑張って書いてみたので添削お願いします。 <本文> はじめまして。私は(名前)です。私は横浜に住んでいて、生粋の浜っ子です。 How do you do? I am(name). I live in Yokohama and a person native to Yokohama. 私が通っている学校がある鎌倉は、日本でも有数の観光地です。 The Kamakura in my school is famous tourist attraction in Japan. 今から800年ほど前に建立されたお寺や神社があったり、海や山といった自然も鎌倉の魅力です。 また、横浜も沢山の観光客が訪れる観光地です。 About 800 years ago samurai erect some temple ,some shrine and the sea and the mountain is the glamour of Kamakura. Then the yokohama is famous tourist attraction,too.   私は学校の新体操クラブに入っています。  I belong to the rhythmic zymnastics club.I was no flexible,then I irrelevant to it. 私は、体がかたく新体操など無縁だったのですが、今では体が柔らかくなり、いろいろな技もできるようになりとても充実しています。 But I am flexible now and I can varied skill,so I lead a full club activities life. 毎年、年2回の大会と体育祭と文化祭に出ます。 We take part in contest twice a year and sport festival,school festival. 今は、文化祭の練習が忙しくて大変ですが、友達や先輩、後輩と協力しながら楽しく文化祭に向けて頑張っています。 We are busy at our school festival’s practice and it’s very hard,but I cooperate with friends and seniors,juniors in doing to do as we do try one’s best merrily. 私はあなたのことやあなたの身の回りのことついてよく分かりません。 あなたのことについていろいろ聞いてもいいですか? I dont knoe anything about you or your life. Can you tell me something? あなたはタイのどこに住んでいますか? タイの観光地やタイの自慢を教えてください。 Where do you live in Thailand? Please teach me about Thailand’s tourist attraction and Thailand’s boast! また、あなたの学校にはどんなクラブがありますか? あなたはどんなクラブに入っていますか? What kind club do your school have? What kind club do you have? もし日本に来ることがあったら、ぜひ鎌倉や横浜に来てみてください。 返事を楽しみに待っています。 Come and see Kamakura and Yokohama if you are ever in Japan. I am looking forward to your letter.

noname#57507
noname#57507
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

こんにちは。的確な回答にはならないと思いますが、あくあまでも参考程度に読んでください。 所々、拝見すると過去の事が現在になっていたり、スペルミスがあったり、分かり難い点や一般的ではないような単語が使われているように思われますが、全体としては問題は無いと思いますよ。もちろん完璧な英語がベストではありますが、国際交流という意図でタイの人と交流するのであれば、今のあなたらしい英語で気持ちを伝えるほうが、あなたらしさが出て本当の交流ができると思います。タイの人もネイティブスピーカーではありませんし、あちらも日本人は日本語が母国語だと認識していると思います。 今、仕事で様々な国の人と交流がありますが、いろんな英語があります。間違いもありますし、その間違いの中から行間を読むというのでしょうか、エッセンスを読み取ることもコミュニケーションスキルだと私は感じています。 以上ですが、参考になれば幸いです。

noname#57507
質問者

お礼

参考になりました。 相手もまだ英語を習い始めたばかりでしょうし、 簡単な英語の方が相手もわかりやすいし 自分らしさも出ると思いました。 どうもありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• genmai59
  • ベストアンサー率45% (1214/2675)
回答No.2

No.1の方とほぼ同じ意見です。中学生としては、大変よくできていますね。 文章の書き方ですが、あまり複雑で長い文章を作るのではなく、できるだけ短くシンプルな英語で同じ内容のことを表現する方法を探したほうがいいと思います。自分がよくわかっている表現を使いこなす工夫をしたほうが、英語力が身に付きます。また、シンプルな表現の方が相手も読みやすく、伝わりやすくなります。特に相手がネイティブイングリッシュスピーカーでない場合は、シンプルな表現にしたほうが無難です。あなたが英語の手紙を受け取ったときも、簡単な英語の方がわかりやすいでしょう? 例えば、 「生粋の浜っ子」→「生まれたときからずっと横浜に住んでいます」 「今から800年ほど前に建立されたお寺や神社があったり、海や山といった自然も鎌倉の魅力です。」→「今から800年ほど前に、サムライの政府が鎌倉にありました。そのため、鎌倉には彼らが作った寺や神社がたくさんあります。海や山といった自然も鎌倉の魅力です」 それから、日本のことに詳しくない外国人が読むことを考えると、あまりぽんぽんと話を進めるのではなく、互いの関連がわかりやすいようにしていくといいでしょう。 例えば、 「私が通っている学校がある鎌倉は、日本でも有数の観光地です」→「私は横浜の西にある鎌倉の学校に通っています。鎌倉は、日本でも有数の観光地です」

noname#57507
質問者

お礼

参考になりました。 前に英作文を作った時にも学校の先生に、  「ひとつの文をもう少し短くしたほうがいいでしょう。」 と、言われた覚えがあります。 また、確かにむこうの人も英語を習い始めたばかりでしょうから、 簡単な英語をならべていったほうがいいと思いました。 どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語に訳してください

アメリカ人の友達とメッセージのやり取りをしているのですが、自分の英語があっているのか心配です。友達なのであまり堅苦しい英語にならないようにしたいのですが...自分なりに訳したのですがあっていますか? タイは洪水が起きやすいところですね。もっと万全の対策が必要だと思います。 Thailand is flood prone areas. So I think that it is necessary to take thorough measures. 私は感動した。あなたは偉大な人だ! I was moved. You are a great man!  私はタイに滞在中、とても不安に思った。言葉が通じなかったから。しかしそれはたった3日間のことで、しかも私は友達と一緒だった。 I felt uneasy during my stay in Thailand. Because I am not able to communicate. But it was only three days and I stayed in there with my friend. それに比べて、あなたはもっと過酷な状況の中、会社を設立した。普通の人にはできない。あなたを尊敬します。 Compared to that, you were more demanding situation. And you built your company. Nomal people can not do so. I admire you.

• 英語の添削をお願いします。

タイに2ヶ月研究留学に行っていました。滞在中のお礼をこめて、手紙を入れた小包(日本のお菓子などを入れた物)を送ろうと思っています。 その手紙の添削をお願いしたいです。 Thank you for everything. I really enjoyed Thai Life which spends the time in soil mechanics laboratory. Each memories of Thailand are very big in my life. I don’t forget this memories forever. Some people said to me “you are strong.”, but of course I’m not strong. Everyone support me every time, so I really want to say Thank you. In the future, I may go to Thailand again as engineer. I will contact you when I go to Thailand. While I staying there, I couldn't do anything for you, so this time, I want to send goods for you all!! Please eat it  This is Japanese snacks! And finally, this program is good experience for me, and good opportunity to learn English, Thai culture and Civil Engineering. I hope to meet you again. I miss you all. And Thank you very much.

• 英語で自己紹介

以下の自己紹介の文を言葉づかいや英文法を直していただけませんか ありがとうございます。 I am very happy to introduce myself. My name’s Nakajima. I'm from Tokyo. I live in Seto city and I am a university's student in the second year. I was born in Tokyo province in the central of Japan. There are 5 peoples in my family. Parents, brother, sister and me. My father is a saraly man and my mother is housewife. She always takes good care of my family. When I have a free time, I often listen to the music, watch TV, read newspapers and go shopping. On sunday, I usually go to the cafeteria to chat with my friend in the morning. And I always join the English speaking club to improve my speaking skill in the afternoon. I like learning english very much. I have learnt for years at high school and university . but my english is not enough to communication. Therefore, I try my best to learn it now. And I hope i can speak english well one day. I want to be a doctor in the future. My dream is becoming a good husband, having a good wife and pretty childrens . In short, I am really happy with my life. Of course I am going to make it happier and more meaningful.

• 英語で自己紹介

英語で自己紹介をしなくてはいけません。文章を考えたのですが、どなたか添削していただけないでしょうか。 “I’m not good at speaking English, so please pardon me. I’m teaching home economics at a high school. I’m a homeroom teacher, and there are 33students in my class. They are too much energetic, so I’m awful tired every day. But I really enjoy our school life, fight with the students. I belong to the student council, it supports our baseball team, school election or the school sports. Recently, we went to the baseball game of our school. We have a strong baseball team. Our team has been to Koushien twice. Last day, we entered the quarterfinal. That day was very hot, and I was really tired, but it was good memory. Now I’m studying English here in Tokyo. Though I’m poor at English, it’s very hard to study. Thank you so much for teaching me politely. I’m also a teacher, I know how difficult to teach. To study English is very difficult for me, but I will study English much harder. Thank you very much for your attention.”

• 日本語にしてください。お願いします!!

hehehehee thats ok. dont be sorry about being late. dont worry about english. you can keep trying. just try it :) even if you write errors, i can understand what you meant :) i totally like you. you are really nice and interesting. beautiful, attractive and seductive! :D hehe i wish i was with you >.< sorry, i wasnt in kumamoto. i was in tokyo, yokohama and kamakura. i drunk kumamoto sake in a restaurant in yokohama :) but i would love to visit kumamoto for you too <3 if you like :* have you skype, line, kakaotalk, facebook? <3

• 英語の自己紹介~本当に困っています

私は日本人学校の教師を目指す、教師です。文部科学省の面接が今月の中旬にあります。情報によると、その中に英語で自己紹介などの質問もあったそうです。皆さんのお力をお借りして当日まで最善を尽くしたいと考えています。よろしく御願いします。 自分で考えたものは以下のものです。添削していただけたらうれしいです。 My name is ****. I have been working for (市町村) city (学校名)elementary school. as a teacher for 4 years. Also I like sports and I think I'm pretty good at Japanese dance, JUDO and KARATE. There are two reasons why I wants to work 日本人学校.First,It is because I was moved by the figure of the teacher who works overseas. Second、I wants to become the power of the children who are living abroad. I do the best for the warm class making with putting the scholastic ability of the children. I'm always ready to smile, because I believe being happy makes children and other people feel happy, too. I have the experience which worked at the private corporation. Being at that work,I have learned how important a communication and positive-thinking is very imoprtant. I'd really like to do my best as a professional of the education in Japanease asosiation school. Thank you. 何だかまとまりのない文章で、すっきりしません。 志望動機などを簡潔にまとめて伝えたほうがいいのでしょうか?それとも、趣味やスポーツや自分の性格のようなものだけのほうがいいのでしょうか?

• 英語の質問

It is hard for him to do well both in study and in club activities. (彼にとって勉強と部活を両立させるのは大変である。) の文章でなぜinが入るのですか? また、入れなければならないのですか? よく分からないので詳しくお願いします。

• 英文の訂正お願いします

➀The first time I went to Thailand is 5 years ago.Then I got interested in food,festival,townscape and atmosphere of Thailand.At this time I've been here once a year.Especially kidness of Thailand people made my heart warm. Rcently Thailand of Asia countries have been making remarkable progress in economy,I felt interested in global vilage cuntry.I feel more like `I wanna work here,too.`I decided to quit a job. Then I want to America to study English.After I came back ti Japan.I've been practicing English. I felt that the time was right for my grown-up self to move on to bigger opportunity. I'm thinking about going to live in Thailand in my life.I have experience,I'll try hard to repay an obligation soeday. (2)I've learned to able to get an achievement to do responsobility job everyday. ➀5年前初めてタイへ来ました。それからタイの食べ物、お祭り、街並み、雰囲気に興味が湧き、今では年に一回訪れています。 近年経済成長が著しいアジアの中で最も活気がり、国際色豊かな国に魅力を感じ「私もここで働きたい」言う気持ちが高まり転職を決意しました。 それから英語を学ぶため5か月アメリカで英語を勉強し、日本へ帰国後も勉強を続けています。 自分自身の成長のためにもステップアップできる今が大きな機会だと感じています。また生涯タイで暮らしたいと考えており、たくさんの経験を重ねいつかはタイへ恩返しできるように頑張るつもりでいます。 (2)責任ある仕事を毎日確実にやり遂げることで達成感を得られることを学びました。

• もう一つメールの添削お願いします。何度もすみません…

何度もすみません。さっきとは別の方にメールを送ろうと思います。今回は向こうから来たメールへの返信ではなく、私から初めてメールのやりとりをするので…また不安です。こういう事を付け足したら?というアドバイスと、今ある文章の添削をお願いします。 Hi,****!!! This is ***. How are you? Now,I'm very sad,because the USA camp have finished.. But I believe to see you again!!!! I was not good at English. But you tried to talk with me. It made me happy. And thank you!!! Next week, we are going to start school to prepare for our school festival. Our school festival is famous of livening up!! Many people visit our school and enjoy it! In the festival, first graders and second graders exhabit in each homeroom and third graders do theater. They are very highly complete!!! I'm looking forward to the festival. Lots of love, *** こんにちは、****!***です。ご機嫌いかが??今私はとても悲しいです。なぜならUSAキャンプが終わってしまったから…。でもまたあなたにあえると信じています。私は英語が上手ではありませんでした。でもあなたは話しかけてくれました。私はそれがとても嬉しかった。ありがとう! 来週から私達は学校祭の準備のために学校がはじまります。私達の学校祭はとても盛り上がることで有名です。たくさんのひとが来て、それを楽しみます。その学祭では1、2年生は展示、3年生は演劇を行います。それらはとても完成度が高いです。わたしはとても楽しみです。

• 英文を作ったんですが変ですか?

Do you belong to a club? Yes I do which club do you belong to? I belong to the archery club Are you going to archery club tomorrow? No Im going to shopping How of ten does your club meet ? it meets five times a week when does it meet? it meet on monday tuesday wednesday thursday and Friday at 4:00