• ベストアンサー

訳して頂けませんか。

次の文を訳して頂けませんでしょうか。 you don't understand how important something is to someone untill it leaves. もしかすると何か単語が抜けているかもしれませんが…。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Mell-Lily
  • ベストアンサー率27% (258/936)
回答No.3

You don't understand how important something is to someone until it leaves.  (それを失うまで、ある物が、ある人にとってどれほど大切であるかということは理解できない。) 特に、”何が”ということではないと思います。人間や人生について、一般的な考察の結果を述べているのです。「人というものは、何かを失って初めて、その大切さに気付くものだ。」ということを言っているわけです。何かを失えば、それが自分の中でどれほどの部分を占めていたかが分かります。

deli24hours
質問者

お礼

ご回答有り難うございます。 とてもわかり易かったです。 こういう長い英文がすぐに理解できるくらいの力を早く身に付けたいです。 どうも有り難うございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• gunta
  • ベストアンサー率36% (236/652)
回答No.2

訳は1さんのおっしゃる通りですが、なんかへんな英文ではないですか? いいたいことはわかるが普通はそうは言わない、という感じで。深く気にする文ではないと思います。

deli24hours
質問者

お礼

ご回答有り難うございます。 変な英文ですかね? アメリカ人の友人が「ある賢明な男性が言ったんだ。」と言ってこの英文を言ったんですが…。 でも私にとって嬉しい気持ちになる場面で言ってくれたので深く気にしてしまいました(^.^)

noname#4242
noname#4242
回答No.1

なくしてしまってからでなければ、どれほど大切なもの(こと)だったか分からないものだ。 要するに、「失って初めて、どれだけ大切だったのか分からない」ということですね。 ただし、前後がないので、「なにが」ということまでは分かりませんが。

deli24hours
質問者

お礼

ご回答有り難うございます。 なるほど、そういう意味なんですね。 どうも有り難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• what it is / what it is not

You almost need to understand what something is not, in order to understand what it is. この文の what something is not と what it is の部分の日本語訳を教えてください。正直思い浮かびません。意味も正確に理解しているか自信ありません。ネイティブに聞くと、what something is not の something は it に置き換えていいそうです。 訳すと 「それがなにであるか」理解するために、「?・・・」を理解する必要がある。 おそらくコンテキストによっていろんな訳ができるとは思うのですが、この文だけで訳してくださいといわれたら一体どう訳せばよいのでしょうか。

• これの和訳を教えてください

Listen to what the speaker is saying. Don't tune the speaker out because you don't like something about him/her or the message. Be sure you understand something before you reject it.

• 英語についての質問

Hey, don't they know what it means To live inside the moment Something to believe in With someone just like you これは正しく文をつなげると、 Don't they know what it means, to live inside the moment, something to believe in with someone just like you? という一文でしょうか? 以下、そうだと仮定して話を進めますが、もし違っていたら御指摘下さい 「live inside tha moment」という表現が分からない 今という瞬間に内向的に生きる、という意味でしょうか? それなら、 something to believe in with someone just like you?は? 「貴方達が、信じることのできる何か」と私は解釈しましたが、 意味をつなげると、「今という瞬間に、内向的に生きることの意味を、彼らはわかってないのか。貴方達が信じることのできる何か。」 文がつながらず支離滅裂になってしまいます。

• 英語の翻訳

To give value, know that something or someone is estimated. So now you know, you are important to me. 自分で翻訳すると、とても意味のわからない文になってしましました。 これは、友達とのメールでの一文です。 どなたか翻訳できる方、力を貸して下さい。

• 会話問題が解けません

一応自分でもやってみたのですが、答えに自信がないので解説をお願いします。 問題文「次の会話文を読んで、空所を補うのに最も適当なものを選びなさい。」 A:Front Desk. May I help you? B:Yes. This is room 702. There is something wrong with the sink in my bathroom. (1: ) A:Something is wrong with your sink, sir? (2: ) B:Certainly. The faucet is dripping. I can't sleep because of the noise. A:I'm sorry, sir. We won't be able to send someone to fix it until tomorrow morning. B:Tomorrow morning? (3: ) I can't sleep and I have a very important business meeting in the morning. A:The maintenance staff won't be here until morning. Perhaps we could move you to another room. B:Well, if you can't fix it tonight I guess that wil have to do. A:(4: ) Someone will be up to take your bags to the new room shortly. 1. I'm sorry, but I can't help you. 2. I should fix it soon. 3. Could you please be more specific? 4. That's not my problem. 5. Can't it be fixed before then? 6. I apologize for the inconvenience, sir. 7. I don't know what you are talking about. 8. Is someone fixing it? 9. Do you have someone available to fix it? 10.How did you break it? 私の答え 1番 5 2番 2 3番 9 4番 6 回答お待ちしております。

• この英語を日本語へ翻訳お願いします。

なんとなくは分かるのですが、知らない単語があり的確に訳せません...。 お力添えお願いします。 don't think that way .... i understand your situation . i know how it feet to be in that type of situation . here is something to make you feel better . don't worry i still think that you are a wonderful person and thank you! for be in honest .... i respect you ... now think about this " ( That me think that you are the best person in the world and is happy for the way you are! ) " and only think about it all day so you feel better

• 英語長文ですが宜しくお願いします。

翻訳をお願いします! So basically, you don't want to be the type of person who only breaks looks to a relationship, because looks is a very small part when it comes to seeing the overall person. I've had to learn this overtime. For example, would you rather have a guy who is a 10 in looks, but lame and scores very low in everything else that's important to you or be with someone who has something to give in all categories which you find important? My mother use to tell me " usually too much of something isn't good." I've found this in life to be very true. I just felt the need to say by expressing to you a little about my views. I didn't say you think looks is everything, but by the things you say sometimes shows how important looks are to you, but I understand this because that's the world you have been brought up in. It's not your fault. But always understand your world and don't let it control you and make you who you are. I tell you that as your man and as a friend.

• 教えてください

Procrastination can stop you from being successful. To stop procrastinating, it's important you understand if your procrastinating is to avoid studying, or if it is your bad habit. importantの後ろになぜtoが来なくていいのでしょうか? これとは別にtoが来た場合important to you that~の形が必要なんでしょうか?

• 速単の一部です

When someone tells you something that is truth, but intentionally leaves out important information that should be included for full comprehension on your part to take place,they can create a false impression. (誰かがあなたに真実である何かを話した際。 しかしその誰かは意図的に生じる為にあなた側で完全な理解を含まれるべき重要な情報を省き、 誤った印象を作ることができる。)   というようなおかしな訳になってしまいました。どこをどう直せばいいのか教えてください

• That if you....

下のインタビューにおける質問で、Thatから始まる文が、前の文につながっていることは調べてわかったのですが、That if you ...以下の文が意味的にどう前の疑問文に関係するのかがはっきりしません。 解説をお願いできますでしょうか。 I've spoken to other doctors who admittedly say that this (医学)isn't their passion, their passion is golfing or doing something else. How much of this is a passion, and how much is this a duty you feel? That if you walked away, you would be walking away from something that is more important to the world than just yourself?