• ベストアンサー

Friday Night's Dream の歌詞でわからないところがあります

マザーグースの Friday night's dream で、be it never so old は If it never becomes old. と同じ意味ですか? Friday night's dream, on Saturday told, Is sure to come true, be it never so old.

noname#45312
noname#45312
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.3

はじめまして。 ご質問: <be it never so old は If it never becomes old. と同じ意味ですか?> ご質問への回答: いいえ同じ意味にはなりません。このIfは直接法の条件のIf「もし~ならば」になっています。このbeは条件のIf節の代わりにはなれません。 このbeは仮定法現在と呼ばれる用法です。 仮定法現在は時間や人称に関係なく動詞を「原形のまま」用い、「願望」を表します。 訳は「~しますように」と訳します。 ご質問文の意味は (直訳)「それ(金曜日の夢)が、(実現するのに)あまり古くなりすぎませんように」 → (意訳)「それが早く実現しますように」 以上ご参考までに。

その他の回答 (2)

• do-deshow
  • ベストアンサー率25% (54/211)
回答No.2

こんばんは。 私もマザーグースに興味があります。はちゃめちゃですよね。    「金曜日の夢を土曜日におしゃべりしたら。 ホントの事になるって言うけど。間に合いますように。」 かわいいですね。 Ifではないと思います願望のBeと思います。

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.1

韻をふんでいるのでかなり省略されていますが、 2行は1つの文で全体は反語的疑問文になっています。 主要な点だけ訳すと、 金曜日の夜に見た夢はきっと実現するかな それって、すごく古くなったりしないよね で、 be it never so old. は will it be never so old? のように思います。

関連するQ&A

• この曲の歌詞の和訳をして欲しいです

GOOD 4 NOTHINGのBROKENRADIOという曲の和訳をして欲しいです(^౪^) ※歌詞↓↓ I don't wanna go back to my old life, so never look back I don't wanna be, you don't need to be, we don't need ordinary days I don't wanna go back to my old life, so never look back I don't wanna be, you don't need to be, we don't need ordinary days This isn't what we want You gotta break out from it COME ON COME ON COME ON You know this feeling Cause we never say good-night LET'S GO LET'S GO LET'S GO We know this feeling Keep on rockin' through the night We are a broken radio

• the night

こんにちは 私が友だちに聞いたことは、ここは夜になってもずっと明るいね。と、ききました(ノンネイティヴ) 返事です Yes "the nights" start to be very light now,in around June 20th,it will be dark only 3-4 hours in "the night" and the sun sets around 12 at night. dayやyearなどにSが付くのはわかります 2days,3days..... 2years,3years... 2 pens,3 pens... 数が複数を表しているため理解できます。 初めのnightにSが付くのはなぜですか? また後半ではSは付かないのですか? またsun setsのSも疑問です お願いします。

• at nightについて

『TOEICテスト完全攻略リーディング10回模試』を使って問題を解いていたところ、疑問が生じましたので質問させていただきます。以下は問題文、設問文、正解の選択肢になります。 【問題文】 Enterprise Real Estate will be performing routine preventative maintenance and testing on the electrical system in building 6480 (East Wing) during the weekend of October 20-22. The power outage schedule is as follows: Beginning at 8.pm., Friday, Oct.20, lasting until 8 a.m. on Saturday,Oct.21 Beginning at 8.pm., Saturday, Oct.21, lasting until 8 a.m. on Sunday,Oct.22 【設問文】 What is suggested about the plan? 【正解の選択肢の文】 The work will be done at night. 正解の選択肢以外は明らかに誤りがあるので、上記の選択肢を選ぶことができましたが、解き終わったあと、選択肢の文の at night が気になりました。それというのも、問題文には「午後8時から【翌朝8時まで】行われる」とありますので、at night で本当にいいのかなと思ったからです。実際には夜と朝に作業が行われているので、at night だけでいいのかな、と思ってしまいました。「作業はいつ始まるのか」と開始時間を問う問題であれば理解できますが、will be done の場合はどうなんだろうか、と。 大変お手数かけますが、ご教示いただければ幸いです。何卒よろしくお願いいたします。 長文失礼しました。

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします。

アメリカのカントリーミュージックにNobody's Darling but Mine という綺麗な曲がありますが、CPの翻訳ではいまいち、感じがよく解りません、どなたか英語の得意な方いらっしゃいましたら訳して頂けないでしょうか?宜しくお願い致します。 Come sit by my side, little darling, Come place your cool hand on my brow, And promise me that you will never Be nobody's darling but mine. Be nobody's darlin' but mine, love, Be honest, be faithful, be kind, And promise me that you will never Be nobody's darlin' but mine. You're as sweet as the flowers in the springtime, You're as pure as the dew on the rose, I'd rather be somebody's darlin' Than a poor boy that nobody knows. My mother is dead and in heaven, My daddy has gone down below, Sister has gone to meet mother, And where I'll go nobody knows. Goodbye, goodbye, little darlin' I'm leaving this cold world behind, Promise me that you will never Be nobody's darlin' but mine. Be nobody's darlin' but mine, love, Be honest, be faithful, be kind, And promise me that you will never Be nobody's darlin' but mine

• 翻訳お願いします 英→日

Hello, sorry about that; unfortunately our old captcha bypass has been patched so the recaptcha you see here will come up randomly. It may not always be the case as you noticed so there is a bit of luck involved. Currently there is no bypass (for any bot) on the market, but we will definitely add it in as soon as it becomes available!

• ★ジャパンタイムズのEssay(Midsummer night's dream)について質問です。

★またまた、ジャパンタイムズのEssay(Midsummer night's dream)について質問です、宜しくお願いします。 (http://www.japantimes.co.jp/shukan-st/english_news/essay/2007/ey20070803/ey20070803main.htm) ・・・It said, "Know this: something is truly perfect only when it is completely free of hinges!" ★この「something is ・・・of hinges」は具体的にはどのような意味なのでしょうか。 ・・・I concluded that the voice might have a point, on some level too deep for me to fathom. But there was one painfully obvious hole in its logic. If perfect things were all free from hinges, what would the perfect hinge look like? ★上記の「on some level」これは具体的にはどのような意味なのでしょうか。「あるレべルにしか到達していない私にとっては」と言う意味でしょうか。 ・・・I, for one, suspect our dream-machine is a toy provided to us chiefly for our personal entertainment. And -- perish the thought -- just maybe for that of our neighbors. ・・・・・・・ Like any media, though, busy people will want to think twice before indulging in the luxury pastime that is midnight dream analysis. ★この「chiefly」、「just maybe for that of our neighbors」「analysis」はどのように訳せばよいのでしょうか。 「just maybe for that of our neighbors」は「for our personal entertainment」との対比だろうという気はしているのですが・・・。 以上宜しくお願いします。

• 歌詞を英訳したいのですが

外国人の友達に好きな曲を紹介したくて英訳に挑戦してみたんですが 翻訳サイトなどで調べたので意味が通じるのかどうか自信がありません 確認していただけないでしょうか? 歌詞はここに載ってます http://music.yahoo.co.jp/shop/p/53/9010/Y011899 distant earch, road that leads to tomorrow Looked up at the meteor appear and disappear It like a breath of the flower bud of only has come spring "The thing to live is loves thing, and a be loved thing" I want to hold you, Think tenderly of the such a person The happiness be with you now of such an encounter I still treasures the summer that doesn't ends in my heart I jumps into the dream of you who is breathing of sleep City Lights was counted at many nights when wasn't able to sleep It was swallowed words that I want you to tell me Lonely night get heartbreaking in a more thoughtless kindness It worries by a unstable love like feelings that understand each other Say,Will it be so? However keep searching for ordinary love and ordinary happiness all the time, I can't catch hold it Heartbreaking , Against the backdrop of street trees where goes falling of autumn I was so thinking about you that I was madly In a distant foreign country Reach here at last in the old days, what did you see on this place ? a traveler It is understood to live together if not easy It overflows all over the place cheap "eternity" Look at our palms only at a little while So, it hurries up alive for wants to tell love in the body in all Say,Will it be so? At the mercy of the dream of daily looking back Nostalgic pain of a love that caresses a cheek softly In the wind to which biting the skin of winter come soon Certain the beat,The flapping time is waited for impatiently

• 和訳お願いします…

You will never win the heart of them.They are deaf to your arguments,so be it. 特にSO BE ITが、~もまた…だ という意味だと思いますが、よくわかりません。お願いします。

• 訳し方教えてください

In remembering the dream which I had had during the night,I thought that never before had I had a dream in which every detail has been so clear,so logical as this last one.It could not have been more clear and impressive if it had not been a dream at all but an episode of the day ,a slightly strange episode,but nonetheless real and natural. これの構文と訳を教えてください。

• needについてるs

Teenagers should never be told that they will be taking the place of the parent who has died, rather you should help them focus on their needs for the future, such as education or training for work. However, again it is natural for the remaining members of the family to regroup and some sharing of responsibilities needs to take place. という少し長い分の最後の some sharing of responsibilities needs to take placeのresponsibilitiesにsがついてて複数なのにneedにsがついているのはどうしてでしょうか?だれか回答おねがいします。