• ベストアンサー

ネイティブも間違う?

ジャネットジャクソンのインタビューを収録したスクリプトに ..., and I think a great deal of that had to do truly with keeping it a secret. 文法的にあってます? a great deal のまえに it's が省略されてる? ...of that had to do.... は ...of what had to do ...じゃないと駄目? 文法的解説などお願いします。

noname#24412
noname#24412
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • trgovec
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2538/4879)
回答No.1

前後関係がないので内容までは分かりませんが a great deal of that 「それの多く」(これが主語) have to do with「~とかかわりがある」 had to do truly with keeping it a secret =「それを秘密にすることに本当に関係がある」(ここが述語動詞) 「それの多くはそれを秘密にすることと本当に関係があると私は思う」 代名詞が2つあり内容は分かりませんがこうなります。

noname#24412
質問者

お礼

!なるほど、 a great deal of that が主語だったんですね。 難しく考えていました。 ネイティブは間違えませんね。 ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 一つの例文からいろんなことを教えてください

はじめて投稿させていただきます。 What've you got to make such a big deal out of it now for? どうして今さらそんなに大げさに考えるんだ。 上の英文についていた日本語訳です。なぜこのような訳になるのかが分かりません。つまり、「どうして今さらそんなに大げさに考えるんだ。」を自力で英訳する時、上の英文を作ることができません。 この例文を機会に、この例文内で使われている文法や言い回しを覚えて今後応用できるよう、文法的な説明やフィーリング、よく使う言い回しなのかどうかなど、いろいろ教えてください。 なお、自分で考えた文は(間違ってるor自然じゃないと思いますが)  What made you think (that) it's such a big deal now. How come you think (that) it's such a big deal now. です。また、 How come have you got to make such a big deal out of it now for? という文は使えますか? なお、特に伺いたい点は以下です。 1.「What've you got」とはどういう意味(フィーリング・ニュアンス)なのでしょうか?文法的な説明を交えて教えてください。 2.「out of it」はここではどのような役割になるのでしょうか?  「out of it」がなくても「such a big deal」のみで「大げさ」が表現できてるように思えます。「ものすごく大げさ」な感じを出したいがための強調的な表現なのでしょうか。 例文で使われているような意味合いで、「out of it」を使った他の例文もできれば教えてください。 3.「now for」は「今さら」という決まり文句なのでしょうか?  もし「今さら」という意味合いだとして、どうして「now for」が「今さら」というフィーリングになるのでしょうか。 「今さら」という意味合いで「now for」が使える場合、例文をいただけないでしょうか。 以上、よろしくお願いします。

• 文の構造について教えてください。(CNNニュースより)

文の構造について教えてください。(CNNニュースより) "Some days it's so hard to deal that the best I can do is sit on the couch and pull the covers up over my head," Nick said. "But at the end of the day, I know I have to get up and keep fighting for Morgan.'' it's so hard to deal that ~ itは、to以下、又はthat以下を指すのではと考えました。しかし、deal that~というのはないので違うと思いますし、it はthat以下というのも無理があるような気がします。 このdealはどうつながるのでしょうか?  また、so that構文も頭をよぎりましたが、そうするとitが何を指すのか、分かりません。 どうぞ、この文の構造についてご教示くださいますようお願い申し上げます。 http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/18/grace.coldcase.morgan.nick/index.html#fbid=hAvTbrYJmy-&wom=false

• That’s big of him.

Q: Invalid Marriage: We recently found out that my “husband” is still married to his first wife. I feel like a fraud and want to get an annulment. My “husband” feels like it’s no big deal. It’s a big deal to me. What say you, Prudence? A: Someone who marries his second wife while still married to his first wife is someone who would say bigamy is no big deal. That’s big of him. That’s big of him.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• ネイティブの英語。訳せる方。

これらの文がややこしくてうまく、訳せません。 訳せる方、お願いします。 ちなみに相手はネイティブアメリカンです。 (1)Not with how you've been acting lately. (2)Is this too much to deal with? (3)You were handling things amazing for a long time. But lately you have been acting weird. It's not just me that matters. If you aren't happy with this than you need to tell me. (4)If you aren't happy with being in a long distance relationship. If it is too much to handle. (5)Yes I'm happy to be with you.It's just the last couple of days you don't really talk a lot and then today when I can't talk.

• 英語が分からないので教えてください。

Here are few tips to help you deal with a telephone job interview. After you read them, do the below. Dealing with Telephone Interviews: A Few Tips for Success Section 1 As companies expand around the globe, recruitment by telephone has become more common. For your next career move, you may have to have a job interview over the phone, If you find this idea terrifying, you're not alone. Here are a few tips to help you deal with the dreaded telephone interview. Section 2 It's essential that you have a quiet place for the interview. This means a place where there will be no interruptions and no background noise. If it's difficult to find a quiet place, then take the morning off work and have the interview at home. Section 3 As far as possible, arrange the interview for a time that suits you best. Find a time when you will not have any other distractions, and when you can guarantee some peace and quiet. Also, think about the time of day when you are most mentally alert. Section 4 Whatever you do, don't use a mobile for the interview. You can't be sure that you'll get good reception, and your battery may even run out. Match the headings(A~D) with the sections of the text. A.The right phone Section( ) B.Fear of the phone Section( ) C.The right place Section( ) D.The right time Section( ) Complete each sentence with one word from the text. 1.Using telephone interviews for ( ) is not unusual these days. 2.Many people find telephone interviews a ( ) ecperience. 3.It's important that there are no ( ) during your interview. 4.It's a good idea to do the interview from ( ). 5.Choose the time of day when you are most ( ) alert.

• よろしくお願いします

I recently heard from my parents that my college-age cousin has come out as trans. They heard from other family members and were told it was a secret. I’m not friends with my cousin on Facebook, but on her public profile she’s using female pronouns and a typically female variation of her name. All of this tells me that if it’s a “secret” that’s less in the sense she’s not out yet than in the sense that the family doesn’t quite know what to do with this information. female variation of her nameはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、if it’s a “secret” that’s less in the sense she’s not out yet than in the sense that the family doesn’t quite know what to do with this information.の和訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• これでいいですか?

〇What were you talking about? の答えに It's a secret. that'a secret. secret. この3つの答え方は普通に使われるのですか? ◇(あなたは、普通は、)どちらを使います? Which words do you use more in common? cover to cover or from first the end 最初から終わりまで。 の、文でいいですか?words の所は、フレーズの 単語にした方がいいですか? お願いします

• a Republican had an idea -- even if it’sダッシュの使い方です

“We are up against decades of bitter partisanship that cause politicians to demonize their opponents instead of coming together,” Mr. Obama said. As the crowd cheered, he added: “It’s the kind of partisanship where you’re not even allowed to say that a Republican had an idea -- even if it’s one you never agreed with. That kind of politics is bad for our party, it’s bad for our country.” これは以前ご回答を頂き、おかげさまで概略を掴む事ができたものなのですが、新たな疑問がご回答の中から生まれました。 >even if it’s one you never agreed with. このit’sですが 1)a Republican had an ideaの an ideaを指すのか 2)“It’s the kind of partnershipのitまたはthe kind of partisanshipを指すのか どちらと考えられるでしょうか。文脈的にとらえるものなのか、文法的に高い確率で解釈可能なのか教えていただきたいと思います。 なぜここにこだわるかというと、ずっと前にダッシュの使い方で疑問点があり、またその問題がここで表れてきたからです。 疑問点というのはダッシュの使い方です。 ダッシュの後ろの文はダッシュの直前の部分と関係が深い傾向が高いというような考えが私の中のどこかにありましたが、その点は漠然としたままでした。それが正しければ、ここでは a Republican had an idea -- even if it’s となっているので a Republican had an ideaと関係が深いということになりit=an ideaを指すことになります。 もう一度お力を頂けると大変ありがたいです。

• 英語

(1) ・send something ⇔ on (to)= to send something that has been recieved to another place so that it can be dealt with ・pass something ⇔ on (to)= to give a slight illness to someone else どちらにもonが使われていますが、このonは強い圧力だと思います。 onが無いよりも有った方が強い、そんな感じで使われているような気がしますが、どうでしょうか。 (2) By this time,the population of the islands had changed a great deal. これはa great deal(大きく)がcharged(変わった)を修飾しているのですか?→この時までに島の住民は大きく変化した。

• 大学受験 この英文の文法を教えてください!!!

In that case you will be aware of the fact that to do a good job of acting,you willneed to know what other performers who have appeared on the stage in earlier scens have said and done. この英文のthat to do a good job のところの文法がわからないです。このthatの用法はなんですか??thatのあとにto不定詞がきているのがわからないです。 よろしくお願いします!