• 締切済み

scrinch とは?

scrinch 米(俗)語なのですが、(たぶん自動詞) いろいろ(wiki、urban-dicなど)しらべてもでてきません。 文脈(以下用例)からすると、 「身をすくませる」「ちぢこまる」「小さくなる」 という意味で使われているように思います。 だれか教えてください。 用例: She told him,scrinching as far over on the car's seat as possible,keeping her arms folded over her chest as ・・・ ちなみに、あるケーパーノベルの一節です。舞台はNY州北東部で、屋外の映画鑑賞駐車場での男女のすこし色っぽい場面。

みんなの回答

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

こちらのページの2段落目にその語の説明が載っていました。 http://home.comcast.net/~fbui/scrinchy.html これによると、質問者さんがお考えの通りの意味で良さそうですね。

jehophat
質問者

補足

tjhirokoさまのご指摘のとおり、用例は、インターネットで多く見受けられ、なんとか意味は類推できるのですが、どんな英英辞書やurban辞書などを見ても載っていません。できればここに単語として載っていますよ、というご指摘もいただければ、ありがたいです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My sister has recently got engaged to a man I’ve never met. I’m happy for her as she sounds happy. She has now asked me to be her matron of honor and with my understanding of the responsibilities, I feel I cannot properly fill the duties. When I was getting married, she showed up hung over to my shower, canceled my bachelorette party the day of as “she had to work,” only to find out she went to be with her boyfriend, and purposely told me a later time for a bridesmaid dress appointment so she had her dress picked out by the time I got there. fill the dutiesは「役目を果たす」でしょうか?あと、showed up hung over to my showerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の得意な方!!!助けてください!!!><

どうかこの英文の訳をお願いします!!!>< コイン差し上げます!!! 1、 Have the subject lower the bar to the starting position with the bar resting on his or her chest and the elbows in a flexed position(figure 11.6c) 2、Instruct the subject to press the bar up to a position in which the arms are fully extended(figure 11.6d) and then return bar to the chest at a cadence of 30 reps・min-1. The up-and-down movement will continue as long as the subject can maintain the prescribed candence. During each repletion、ensure that a full range of motion is performed.Count each successful repetition. 3、When the subject can no longer maintain the 30reps・ min-1 cadence,help him or her return the barbell to the rack(figure 11.6e) 4、Record the total number of repetitions completed and determine the subject’s rating by comparing his or her results with the data presented in table 11.8. Record the results in the appropritate locations on the individual data sheet. 5、Using the prediction equation provided on the individual data sheet, estimate subject’s 1RM strength. 自分で訳した和訳に自信が全くありません。どうか英語力のある方、助けてください><

• 日本語に翻訳してくださいm(__)m

ニュアンスがわかりません。 翻訳してくださいm(__)m 私Hey I have to ask you something. 私Q1. Why are you keeping your ex contact? 彼Q1 I had her as a contact so I could know what’s going on in her life. 私Q2. I've been thinking a lot about how you still have your ex's contacts, and that pisses me off after all. If you think only about me as you insist, then please block her and delete her contact info. Can you promise me that you'll delete all of her contacts? (If you don't like to do that, please tell me why.) 彼Q2 yes I will do that for you :3 私Q3. Have you ever say your ex also, that you wanted to marry her? 彼Q3 no way 私Q4. Have you ever shown your area to her too? 彼Q4 no, I’ve never shown anyone my area before. That’s why it took so long for me to send. Because I told myself I would never ever take a pic like that, but I really love you so much so that’s why I did it

• 翻訳お願いしますm(_ _)m

長文で、御手数ですが、どうか分かり易く翻訳お願い出来ないでしょうか? But if asked to get to the heart of her greatness as an interpreter and draw out what distinguishes her from other great pianists, it is not this "feminie" aspect we would evoke, but rather the powerful virllity of her playnig. "Does she play like a man? No, she plays like an Argerich!" is a phrase one often hears. This is what comes across from her performances of music by those 20th-century composers who moved away from the romanticism of the past and established themselves as the embodiment of modernity. To appreciate this, we need only go back to her performances of the Prokofiev concertos, whose machine-like energy certainly derives from the virtuosity acquired from playing Liszt but also stands out for a tomado-like tangibility of sound in tune with the "technical", urban dimension of 20th-century music. In tha same way, while her liszt shows that she possesses the necessary resources to give romantic music its full evocative power, she nevertheless does so in a controlled way bound up with the modern sense of how to shape the sound, with no disgressions into the facile or mannered. This is the basis of her Mozart and early Beethoven in particular: both are interpreted with a bright, limpid sound in which logic prevails over sentiment. 音楽評論の一部です。非常に長いですが、どうかお力添えお願い致しますm(_ _)m

• 和訳をお願いします!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 宜しくお願いします!

• 英語

英語の記号問題です。 1He sat all afternoon () TV. アwatching イwas watching ウhad watched エwatched 2Don't walk about with your shirt () out. アhanging イto hang ウhung エbeing hung 3She lay on the bed with her () and soon fell asleep. アarms folded イarms folding ウfold arms エfolding arms 4I am sorry () to you much earlier. アnot to reply イnot have replied ウhave not replied エnot to have replied 5I have a strong objection () treated like this. アto be イwhether I am ウto being エwhether I should be 6() that he had a talent for languages, he decided to train as an interpreter. アBeing realized イRealize ウRealizing エTo realize 7Not () which course to take, I decided to ask for advice. アbeing known イto know ウknown エknowing 8() alone by himself, how lonely the poor child must have felt! アLeave イLeft ウWas left エLeaving 9() all the material that the teacher assigned, he was able to get full marks. アTo read イTo have read ウHaving to read エHaving read 10 I will visit your home by all means, (). アweather permitting イwheather permits ウweather will be permitting エweather is permitting

• よろしくお願いします

I’m a bisexual woman in my early-30s. About a year and a half ago, I met a woman at work and we really hit it off. It never occurred to me she might be attracted to women also. Colleagues told me she’d never dated and was not interested in doing so. As we spent more time together, things took a turn for the physical. It started with snuggling up on the couch for TV marathons, and then she started coming over most days after work to cuddle with me on my bed. We never had sex, but we were very physical with one another. I could tell it turned her on, but tried to be respectful of her boundaries, as I knew she was inexperienced and possibly conflicted, so we never had sex. Then she suddenly withdrew. As soon as I tried talking to her and asking if the sudden distance was the result of our sexually charged interactions, she both vehemently denied it and simultaneously made up excuses to not spend time alone together anymore. snuggling up on the couch for TV marathonsとsexually charged interactionsの意味を教えていください。よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします

以下の英文を翻訳お願いしたいです。 His body movements are always angular, just a little stiff, or restrained looking. He makes very few gestures, but jerks the hands the head, the arms when he makes a gesture, always angular motion. There is no excess nervous energy or unnecessary movements. He doesn’t see fit to fidget, When he remains still for example, he is absolutely statuesquely. Not a languid wilting stillness. More a poised placid and dramatic strong stillness,. His postures are often effectuated or like one acting a part in a play. He likes to sit on the edge of his chair and lean or bend forwards, his arms on his knees when paying attention. Though when he relaxes he slumps back and downward in his seat, yet even his slump looks effectuated, dramatic, and a kind of glazed trance like look sinks over him like a blanket and he becomes lost in a haze of thought. A kind of beatitude passers over him, and he seems as if to have two existences, conscious of two states.

• 英語 訳

現在学部3年生です。 独自に英語を勉強しようと思い、前回も此方のサイトで質問させて頂いたのですが、今回はこの段落がどうしても巧く訳す事ができません。 In 1920, the fight to gain equal rights for women scored a major success when their Constitutional right to vote, granted in 1918, fi-nally came into force. Among the other successes of first wave femi-nism was yet another new type of women-a young, urban, career-oriented women who quickly be-came a cultural stereotype known as the flapper. The flapper rejected Victorian notions of what a women was, and developed her own style. She wore shorter bobbed hair, with strands of pearls over plain, shorter dresses that deaccentuated her curves; she smoked and danced in public; and she even had sex outside of wedlock. 一様単語訳としては、「scored a major success=大成功を収めた」 「Constitutional=憲法上の」 「came into force=実施された」 「career-oriented=キャリア志向の」 「deaccentuated her curves=体の曲線を目立たせなかった」 と訳してみました。 (2行目のAmong the other successes がよく分かりません…)。 また、フラッパーとは1920年代に一世を風靡した女性像、そうした女性の役柄だそうで、ショートヘアとミニスカート、タバコと酒、そして性的奔放さで自由を表現したそうです。 英語が得意な方がいらっしゃいましたら、巧くまとまった訳をぜひご教授頂けないでしょうか。 誤字脱字が御座いましたら、ご指摘の方よろしくお願い致します。