• ベストアンサー

背中を掻くって どういうこと?

Listen here, it's your turn to scratch my back. この文は直訳すると「さあ、今度は君が私の背中を掻く番だよ。」 となりますが、“scratch ones's back”とはどういう意味なんでしょうか?

noname#25548
noname#25548
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#114795
noname#114795
回答No.4

No.2 さんのご回答に同じです. 背中は自分では掻きにくいものです.誰かの背中を掻いてあげるというのは,親しい間柄でしょう.「お前さんとの間柄だから,まかしておけ」とか「よろしく頼むよ」とか, 「お互い様」という意味合いですね. これから派生して,事務的には相互譲歩など交換条件の意味にもなります.ビジネスでも使えそうですね.聴いたことはありませんが.

noname#25548
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#48234
noname#48234
回答No.3

(交換条件的に) 「さぁ、今度は君が私を”手伝う”番だよ。」 「さぁ、今度は君が私に”便宜を図る”番だよ。」

noname#25548
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

• BearCave
  • ベストアンサー率20% (189/909)
回答No.2

諺で「Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.」というのがあります。「魚心あれば水心」と同じ意味で、相手が自分に対して好意をもてば、自分も相手に好意をもつ用意があることを意味します。 なのでこの場合、「今度はアナタが私を好意的に扱う番ですよ。」という意味でscratch my backと表現しているのだと思います。

noname#25548
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

回答No.1

scratch=掻く one's=(その)人の back=背中 my back=私の背中 ですから「私の背中を掻く」になります。

noname#25548
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Here's more or it's on iTunes too 🙂 Click the link below to listen to New Album

• ”背中を押す”を英語で言うには?

ブランコに乗っている子供に「せなか押そうか?」って言いたいのですが、 「Do you want me to push your back?」 「Do you want me to push you from the back?」 これぐらいしか思い当たりません。 どなたか教えてください。

• 一行だけ訳せません。

アリエルのPart of your worldを勉強のため自分なりに訳してみましたが、一文だけどうも訳せません。[ ]の部分。 直訳で結構ですので助けていだだけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 When's it my turn [Wouldn't I love,love to explore that shore up above Out of the sea,]wish I could be part of that world

• 脱帽した

Hats off to your good job! My hat's off to your good job! 後者の文についている(')は前者の文にはありませんが、 どちらかが間違っているのでしょうか? また、後者の文は正式に書くと My hat is off to ....となるのでしょうか?

• I'm a little teapot の歌詞について

I'm a little teapot short and stout,  Here's my handle, here's my spout.  When the kettle's boiling hear me shout,  "Tip me up and pour me out". I'm a clever teapot, yes it's true Here's an example of what I can do I can change my handle to my spout "Just tip me over and pour me out". I'm a little teapot, short and stout, Here's my handle, here's my spout, When I hear the tea-cups, hear me shout, "Tip me up and pour me out". この二番の歌詞 I'm a clever teapot, yes it's true Here's an example of what I can do I can change my handle to my spout "Just tip me over and pour me out". なのですが、上手く訳す事ができません。 単語単語はわかるのですが・・・、 私は本当に賢いティーポット ? ? ? 色々調べてみたのですが、この和訳の部分が見つかりませんでした。 わかる方がいらっしゃいましたら、ご回答宜しくお願い致します。

• 日本語への訳をお願いします。

Ouch! My back hurts even if I just move a little. It's like a sharp electric shock running through my low back. I see. Does it hurt when I press here? Ouch,That's the most painful spot. Now I'm going to raise your leg to examine them. Do you feel pain? No, it doesn't. But I feel discomfort. Your tendon reflexes is normal. Your examination is now over. There's not anything unusual, but let's take an X-ray of your spine. Spine(脊柱)など、医療用語が含まれていて、難しいかもしれませんが英語の得意な方、日本語への訳をお願いします。

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします

Friendsの「Listen to your heartbeat」という曲中にある歌詞について質問します。 I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones この意味がわかるようでわかりません。 この2行の和訳をお願いします。 できましたら、 なぜ、そのように訳されたのか、その理由を教えていただけるありがたいです。 参考までに 曲名:Listen to your heartbeat I wanna know what you feel inside Is something wrong? Why did you leave last night? Is it all just a game? – Oh... tell me why we can't be lovers I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones And we were meant to be true, so tell me why we can't be lovers How could I be such a fool I thought I already knew it all, but I know I was totally wrong Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you How will I know if you're fooling me? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be Like it's all just a game, and I just want us to be lovers We had it all in our hands Just like those all happy ends I still don't know why, but we lost it somehow Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you One more chance to make a try Nothing left to do for you and I Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you Listen to your heartbeat

• 歌詞の一部です。70年代の曲名、アーティスト名を教えてください。

70年代のグループだと思います。 聞き取れた歌詞は Listen to the room is crying, Is it to what I hear? That is you can hardly guide, Can't you see all the tears? You've been such a silly child, breaking all of the rules Playing games and running wild, someone else's fool Don't come running back to me, Are you out of your mind? one thing that you never be, it's my second advise コーラスはよく聞き取れないのですが最後で you'll be here to see yourself for a one night stand と歌っているような

• すごいレベルの低い問題なのですが教えてください。

My name's Jiro Tanaka. My name is Jiro Tanaka. Here's your breakfast. Here is your breakfast. P.E teacher physical education teacher 上の文の上下は同じ意味ですよね? 単なる短縮形ですよね・・・・? レベルの低い質問ですみません。 それともう1つ・・ Isn't it difficult.それは難しくはありませんか? このnotはなぜあるのですか? Is it difficult. と学校では習ったのですが・・・ 教えてください。

• お悔やみ言葉かも。

私の大叔母(97才)が先月亡くなったあと、友人から届いたメ-ルです。 Sorry to hear about your Great Aunt. It's sad to see our loved ones depart, but I'm sure she had a long happy life. このIt's sad to see our loved ones depart.がうまく訳せません。 そして、この言葉には何か決まりきった返し言葉が英語にはあるのでしょうか? 教えていただけたら幸いです。