• ベストアンサー

固有名詞と代名詞の順序

「太郎はそんなことはできないと断ったそうだ。」 を、私が持っている翻訳ソフトにかけると結果は次のとおりです。 It is said that he refused such a thing when Taro could not do it. この場合次のように翻訳されるべきではないでしょうか? 話す場合でもより具体的なイメージの湧くほうを最初に言うほうが相手にわかりやすいと思うのですが、実際の場合はどうなのでしょうか? It is said that Taro refused such a thing when he could not do it.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • purunu
  • ベストアンサー率42% (518/1214)
回答No.2

まだ翻訳ソフトは役立たない、ということです。 固有名詞/普通名詞が来て、それを代名詞で受けるのが順序です。 該当の翻訳ソフト出力では、頭をひねっても「(あなたと話し相手が知っている)彼は、Taroという別の人ができなかったことを断った」ということでしょう。 貴下の訳は、その点はよいのですが、「彼が実際にできなかったことをその後で断った」といった感じになります。 どうしてもIt is said構文を使うなら、 It is said that Taro refused to do such a thing. でしょう。しかしIt is saidは固いですね。 No.1の方のほうがよいでしょう。ただし、a thing か things と思います。

dapitan
質問者

お礼

>固有名詞/普通名詞が来て、それを代名詞で受けるのが順序です。 やはりそうですか。常識で考えてそうなるべきだと思ったのです。 この翻訳ソフトは、「コリャ!良くない和」ですが、お礼を書く直前にこんな翻訳をしてくれたので面食らってしまいました。 「△△は更新手続きを別の仲介者によって行おうと考えた。」(△△は私の苗字) I thought that △△ would perform updating procedure by another intermediary. 主語が「I」となっており、どこにも「私」はないのになぜだ!と思い、△△を「太郎」に変更したら、なななんと! Taro thought that another intermediary would perform updating procedure. 固有名詞を変更しただけで翻訳文もがらりと変化、というか、意味が全くおかしくなってしまいました。 仰るとおり、役立ちませんね。 さらに、「It is saidは固いですね。」ということですが、あるとき私の英訳は固いと言われたことがあります。やはり・・・と思いました。有難うございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

Taro was said to have refused to do such kind of thing. is said....で「言われている」「言われているそうだ」

関連するQ&A

• どうか翻訳お願いします

> first of all yukio > > i need your promise keep(no angray.no sad ,no hate)do not say that to me > when you know it please ok? > > but it think many times to say not now it is not good time now it is better > later when it is good time . > > when you are cool in that day and happy then it is okey to say it. > > so in that day which it is*(soon soon soon very soon) in that day i want you > be like this: > > 1)be sure that ************************ > there was some one his name (kain)he really consider you everything for > him > > he was not play . he is not sly as you said before > > he always remeber your thing and mention your name every minutes > > he trust you more than you think.he is not sly.he wants best for you. > > > 2) > > be cool be happy always do not be sad > > trust that he will do any thing make you happy any thing > > he will be there when you need any help from him > > > he will be glad very much when he can make something for you make you happy. > > > > 3) > i want do something for you that let you happy person in this life > > so yukio please i ask this: > > when you are sad or need something i will be glad to help you > > > do not refuse it,,,,,,,,it will be there any time any where. > > okey?are you agree with all this it is waiting your answer. -------------------------------------- 急ぎの為、翻訳をどうかお願いいたします。 きちんとポイントはおだしします。 よろしくお願いいたします

• 連鎖関係代名詞

She opened a door to learning that I had not even known existed 2文にわけると She opened a door to learning that existed. I had not even known it. 又は I had not even known a door to learning that existed. She opened it. でいいでしょうか? This is the book which you said he is reading これはあなたが言った彼が読んでいる本である。 上記の文はyou said this is the book which he is reading だと同義になるのでしょうか?

• 代名詞について教えてください

代名詞について教えてください 真ん中辺のShe may say... とありますが、ここでheではなくsheを使っているのはどうしてだと思いますか。 A useful counterfactual has to be within the reasonable array of options. This is sometimes called cotenability. It must be plausible to imagine two conditions existing at the same time. Suppose someone said that if Napoleon had stealth bombers, he could have won the Battle of Waterloo. She may say such a counterfactual is designed to test the importance of military technology, but it makes little sense to imagine twentieth-century technology in a nineteenth-century setting. The two are not cotenable. Although it might be good for laughs, it is not a fruitful use of counterfactual thinking because of the anachronism involved. In real life, there never was a possibility of such a conjunction.

• 英語の穴埋め問題です!

¢彼がそんなことを言うとは驚きだ£の英訳で、 It is ( ) that he ( ) say such a thing. の( )の中が分かりません!! 至急教えていただけると嬉しいです

• 英語の問題 助けてください。

1.He is last man 2.I cannot see him 3.It is not long 4.[ ]get angry 5.[ ]his promise 6.He looks 7.She is cheerful 8.Tired sa he was 9.What do you think 10.So great her surprise A.to do such a foolish thing B.he must have forgotten C.that she could not say a word D.before she has a baby E.your father said to you? F.without remembering his father G.he may well H.he kept on working I.as if he had been ill J.as well as intelligent 最初の1~10の文の後にA~Jが続きます。4,5は最初に文が入ります。 どれが繋がり略も書いてくださると助かります。答えがないのでずっと苦戦していました。どうかお助けください。簡単で結構なので理由も書いてくださるとありがたいです。

• 関係代名詞that とwhat についての質問です

it is not bro be supposed that the fast reader reads everything equally fast.Certainly he may read everything relatively faster than a slow readers,but there are occasions when he reads things slowly.It is this ability to adapt the speed to the requirements of the reading task ( ) is of great importance. The slow reader cannot do this. なぜカッコに入る語は that が正しくて what がダメなのでしょうか?教えてください。

• Is this Taro?の答え方

This is Taro.(こちらは、太郎です。) を疑問文にしたら、Is this Taro?になりますが、 その答えは、Yes,it,is. No,it is not で 良いのか迷っています。Yes,he is. No, he is not. の方が、良いような気もするのですが。

• 翻訳お願いします><

翻訳お願いします>< このBethelっていうのが特にわかりません。お願いします>< If it is not my thing that anyone thought it wondered Bethel.

• お願いします

次の各組の英文の意味がほぼ同じになるように、空所に適語を記入しなさい。 1. He said, "May I use the telephone?" He asked ( ) ( ) ( ) use the telephone. 2. He was wise not to walk around after dark. It was wise ( ) ( ) not to walk around after dark. 3. He can speak English well. He is a good ( ) of English. 4. Whatever you say, they won't believe you. No ( ) what you say, they won't believe you. 5. He is not so much a writer as a critic. He is a critic ( ) than a writer. 6. Never did I expect such a thing. It was the very ( ) thing that I had expected.

• 受動態

こんばんは. よろしくお願いいたします. 次の文を受動態に書き換えなさい。という問題です. They say that he is ill. Itからはじめるようです。 答えは It is said that he is ill.です. It is said that he is ill by them. ではいけないのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします.