• ベストアンサー

Japan Times の日本語訳

タイトルに関して、今、Japan Times の翻訳にtryしているのですが、Head Line の部分でつまづいてしまいました。分かる方がいらっしゃいましたら、教えて下さい。6月30日(金)のJapan Timesです。 Yokota,s husband says North "saved "him, wife was suicide. ~kim echoes Pyongyang line, says daughter to stay~ までです。宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

Yokota,s husband says North "saved "him, wife was suicide. ~kim echoes Pyongyang line, says daughter to stay~ 「北は自分を【救助】してくれたのだ」「妻は自殺した」_横田さんの夫、北朝鮮政府の見解を踏襲。娘を守る意図か ・husband says North "saved "him:「【救助】だとさ(爆笑)」みたいな編集者の意図が伝わってきて面白いですね。 ・kim echoes Pyongyang line:「平壌筋(ピョンヤンすじ)の主張を繰り返す」。首都名=その国の政府のことね。 ・says daughter to stay:「娘がとどまるために」。たぶん、「キムさんの」娘が「北朝鮮のでの現住所に」居られるように、という意味。政府に逆らったら、娘が収容所送りにされるのだろう。

keita0805
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。とても参考になりました☆★背景まで詳しくお教え頂けたので、すごく分かりやすかったです。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#37852
noname#37852
回答No.4

今オンライン版を見たら登録者以外は見出ししか見られないようなので、見出しだけ見ました。。 Yokota's husband says North 'saved' him, wife was suicide. 直訳したら、 横田の夫は、北が彼を助け、妻は自殺した、と言っている。 というような感じでしょうか。 横田さんの夫:「私は北朝鮮に“助け”られた。妻は自殺をした」 というような意味なんだと思います。 読んで意味は理解できても、ピタリと来る訳文を作るのは難しいですね。特に、見出しみたいなものは。 語呂良くするには、直訳じゃ無理ですし。 (そこまで求めないなら別に、意味が通る日本文になればとりあえず良いでしょうし、内容理解するだけなら日本文にする必要もありませんが) 'saved'というのは日本語でもこういう書き方しますね。カッコ付きで、「そのように語っているが、本当かどうかは分からない」とか、「まあ、いわゆる」というような。

keita0805
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。とても参考になりました☆★'saved'の部分が1番引っかかっていたので、凄くスッキリしました。ありがとうございました♪

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.3

こんにちは。 私も記事を読みました。 kim echoes Pyongyang line, says daughter to stay ここでは、 「ピョンヤンの主張に同調。娘は北朝鮮に残る(日本には行かせない)と発言」 という意味ではないでしょうか?

keita0805
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。とても参考になりました☆★はい。ご指摘通りでした。

• jayoosan
  • ベストアンサー率28% (929/3259)
回答No.1

ここでは日本人の目からみて書いているのか(Japan timesなのでそうかもしれません)Yokotaは横田めぐみさんのことを指し、そのhusなので、キムなんとかさん、すなわちめぐみさんの夫のことを指しています。 ヘッドライン風に書くと ――横田さんの夫は、北に助けられた妻は自殺したと述べる―― キム氏はピョンヤンの方針を繰り返し、娘は日本へやらないと述べる みたいな感じでしょうか。 says daughter to stay ですが、一瞬daughterが主語の倒置かと思いましたが、へんな感じの倒置なので文章を読んでみると、このsaysはKimが主語のようです。

keita0805
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。とても参考になりました☆★主語もご指摘通りでした♪

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (21) Augustus was a hard-working emperor. He traveled to many of the provinces under his care, but he was sickly and didn't expect to live very long. After his military campaign in Spain, Augustus returned to Rome and, in 23 BCE, became quite illand began thinking about a successor to follow him as Rome's ruler. His first choice had been his nephew Marcellus, but Marcellus had died young─not long after he had married Julia, the emperor's only daughter. (22) Julia played the key role in her father's search for a successor. After Marcellus died, she had to marry again, to a man of her father's choice. For her next husband, Augustus chose his general Agrippa, his closet friend and advisor. Although Julia was much younger than Agrippa, she dutifully married him, and the couple had five children. Then Agrippa died. (23) Although Augustus adopted his young grandsons as his heirs, he still needed a husband for Julia to protect the boys in the event of his own death. So he forced his stepson Tiberius to divorce his wife, even though Tiberius loved her very deeply. (He used to follow his former wife on the streets, weeping.) The marriage between Julia and Tiberius was a disaster: Julia was unfaithful, and Tiberius went into exile on the Greek island of Rhodes. Augustus was forced to banish his own daughter from Rome for her crime of adultery. (24) Julia must have spilled many tears over her father's marriage choices for her─especially the last one. She hated Tiberius, and he felt the same way about her. Even so, she would never have questioned her father's right to select her husbands. This was a parent's duty, especially if dad happened to rule the Roman Empire.

• 日本語訳をしてください

日本語訳してください>< おねがいします What is a hero? Is it a politician who makes great speeches, but who often creates or maintains better conditions mostly for himself and those in his class of people? Is it an actor who demands huge amounts of money for every film he appears in? Is it a baseball star who says that he will quit if he is not given a higher salary? It is hard to find a hero among the famous these days. On the other hand, people enjoy hearing about somebody who makes a sacrifice for another person, often risking danger. When these heroes ask for nothing in return, it makes us admire them all the more. This would seem to describe the many acts of heroism perfomed not by people, but by dogs. Taffy was an ordinary cocker spaniel. One winter day, the dog followed three-year-old Stevie Wilson around the yard. Stevie's father was nearby, working on some horses. Suddenly, Taffy ran up to Wilson, barking. When Mr. Wilson ignored Taffy, the dog bit his horse's leg. This got Wilson's sttention. He then noticed that Taffy would run five meters, stop, and stare at him. The dog wanted to tell the man something! Taffy would led Wilson to a small pond near the Wilson home. Wilson saw a hole in the ice on the pond, and a jacket floating on top. He quickly jumped into the water and saved his son from drowning, just in time. Taffy had saved a life. Zorro, a German shepherd, showed us why we use the words "man's best friend" for dogs. Zorro and his owner went for a hike in a national park. After his owner fell 30 meters from a hiking path into a pool of water and lost consciousness, Zorro raced to the water and pulled his owner out. Then Zorro lay on top of his master all night to keep him warm. Even after the man was discovered by rescue workers the next day and taken to a hospital, where he recovered, Zorro stayed in the park to watch his master's backpack. Grizzly Bear was probably the bravest of the three, a bog Saint Bernard owned by the Gratias family. One day, Mrs. Gratias saw a baby bear in her backyard. Immendiately, she worried about her little daughter and ran toward the house. When she turned the corner, unfortunately, the mother bear was there. The bear knocked Gratias to the ground, biting her and hitting her repeatedly. Gratias would have surely been killed, but Grizzly Bear suddenly appeared and began fighting the much larger animal. The real bear could not catch the quick dog, who attacked the bear from the back and then ran around it in circles. Eventually, the tired bear and her cub returned to the woods. Grizzly Bear had saved his owner from certain death. Dog are not only loyal pets, but they save lives. They prove time and again that they are heroes. They do not seem to fear dangerous conditions; in return, all they ask for is a pet on the head. This would seem to define a hero.

• until 7 most nights

I am a stay-at-home mom with a 2-year-old toddler. My husband has a 13-year-old son with his ex. We have a restraining order against her after she threatened me while I was pregnant. Right now, my stepson lives with us full time and only has supervised visits with his mother. He used to be a sweet, shy kid, but now I am afraid of him. My stepson has anger issues and is 6 inches taller than me. He has cursed at me, broken plates, and left holes in walls. I don’t trust him near my daughter. My husband is trying, but he can’t be home until 7 most nights. until 7 most nightsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• japan times が読めない

読解力を上げるためにjapan timesを読んでるのですが、いまいち上達しません。知らない単語だけなら辞書で調べることは出来るのですが、英語圏特有の言い回しなどで意味を理解出来ずに困っています。japan timesレベルの英文を難なく読めるようになるいい勉強法はありますでしょうか。

• よろしくお願いします

A few months ago, my husband uncovered an affair I was having with an old flame. He moved out and initiated divorce proceedings, but in the time since, I was able to convince him that I am truly repentant and to give our marriage another chance for the sake of our children. The problem I have now is that he says that if we are to stay married, he wants it to be an open marriage. I’ve tried to tell him that I’ve gotten that out of my system and I don’t want to be with anybody other than him, but he says there just isn’t any way he can ever trust me again, he doesn’t feel an obligation to be faithful to me anymore, and at least this way we’re being honest about it. ここでのgotten that out of my systemはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳が分かりません。日本語訳をお願いします!

訳が良くわかりません。日本語訳お願い致します!! Frontier imagery has been used in everything from advertising to presidential speeches. In the 1960s John F. Kennedy spoke of a "New Frontier" to inspire optimism, the fight against communism, and the conquest of space- ideas echoed in the TV series Star Trek with its exploration of space, "the final frontier."  The frontier myth contains many serious distortions of history. Is it still possible to believe that the American West was "won" in a heroic struggle? Weren't thousands of Native Americans killed and their lands taken to found a nation from sea to sea? Films such as Dances with Wolves(1990) and Geronimo(1994) are openly critical of the violent history of the West.

• 英文と日本語訳があります。日本語訳は正しいですか?

Hideyoshi, it will be remembered, had appreciated the need to reduce the daimyo to a state of permanent submission to the central authority, but had not done very much in practice to bring this about. The Tokugawa, with characteristic efficiency, made good this shortcoming at the first opportunity, aware that, unlike Buddhists or court, the domain lords were in a position to resists them with force. Consequently, the law for the military house (buke sho hatto), promulgated in 1615 on the morrow of Ieyasu’s culminating victory at Osaka castle, ranks as the most important single enactment of the regime. 日本語訳 皆の知る通り、秀吉は中央権力への永続的服従となる状態まで大名を減らす必要性を十分に理解してはいたが、実際にこれをもたらすよう力を注ぎはしなかった。 徳川は仏教徒や朝廷とは違い、藩主達は武力で彼らに対抗する立場であることを認識していたので、独特の効果的な動きで、可及的速やかにこの欠点を埋め合わせた。その結果、徳川政府において、単体としては最も重要な法度と位置付けられている武士の家系の為の法律(武家諸法度)を大阪城での家康の最終的な勝利の直後、1615年に布告した

Detailed regulations for important groups or classes underpinned the Tokugawa administrative system. Such regulations took the form of basic codes which were reaffirmed and sometimes revised at the accession of each new shogun. One set, issued between 1601 and 1616 and known collectively as the regulations for Buddhist monasteries (jiin hatto), left doctrine and internal sect organization largely in the hands of the clergy, but made aggressive propaganda an offense and put the management and taxation of temple estates under bakufu supervision. These and later rules for religious houses were enforced by an important group of bakufu officials, the temple magistrates(jisha bugyo). Such legislation made Buddhism, and Shinto, completely dependent on Tokugawa protection. 和訳 重要なグループもしくは階級に対する細部にわたる法度は、徳川の統治システムを支えた。 こうした法度は、各新将軍の即位時に再確認され時には差し替えられる基本法令という形を取っていた。1601年から1616年の間に発布され、仏教の僧院の為の規制(寺院法度)として知られているものは、仏教の教義と内部宗派の運営を広く僧侶の管理下に残したが、幕府の監視下でひとつの違反を攻撃的宣伝に使って寺領への管理と租税を加えた。こうした各宗の対する法度と後に加えられた規則は、幕府の役人の中でも重要なグループである、寺を裁く者(寺社奉行)によって強化された。そのような法律が完全に徳川の庇護に依存する仏教と神道を作ったのだ。

Hundreds of years later a young and, incidentally, very tall American teaching at a Japane high school complained of a different form of "Japanese torture." Rather than limited space, this torture took the form of unlimited time: long faculty meetings. The young American teacher, who we will call Nathan, couldn't understand why he had to sit through faculty meetings, when he understood nothing and could say even less. He felt it must be a form of tortune to punish him and other non-Japanese members of the teaching staff. 日本語訳 何百年も後に、日本の高校で教えている一人の若くて、ついでながらとても背の高い、アメリカ人が別の形の「日本式の拷問」について不満を言いました。この拷問は、空間が限られているというよりも、無制限の時間という形でした、つまり長時間の職員会議です。その若いアメリカ人の教師、その人をネーサンとします、は自分には何も理解できないしまして発言はもっと出来ないのに、教職員会議の間中どうして自分が着席していなくてはならないのか理解できなかったのです。それは彼及びその他の日本人でない教職員を罰するための一つの形に違いないと彼は感じました。

One of my students, whom we will call Daigo, told me that when he was first invited to a party in Ve nezuela, he arrived a little before the hour and walked around the block several times before pushing the door bell exactly on the hour. No one, not even the hostess, was there. It was not until two to three hours later that everyone else appeared, and all apparently within a 20- to 30-minute period. 日本語訳 私の学生の一人、ここではダイゴと呼ぶことにしますが、彼は、ベネズエラで初めてパーティーに招待されたとき、約束の時間よりも少し早く着いて数度その辺りを歩いてから時間丁度に呼び鈴を鳴らしたと語りました。誰も、招いた家の妻でさえ、そこにいなかったのです。他の出席者全員が現れたのは2~3時間あとで、明らかに、20~30分の間に皆来たのです。