• ベストアンサー

手紙の結び文句

キャシーがブレンダから受け取った手紙の内容です。 Dear Cathy, I'm terribly sorry for not writing to you sooner, but I've been really busy ever since I moved. As you can imagine, it took a little while to settle in. Life is certainly much slower and less hectic up here. But one thing's sure: I don't miss London at all. I've rented a cottage near the town of Windemere with fabulous view of the lake and hills behind. Why don't you come up for a weekend? I can put you up in the spare room and you're welcome to use my car. It's lovely and peaceful: I do hope you'll come. Give my love to Simon. I wonder if he remember me? Anyway, I hope you're both well and happy. Lot's of love. Your friend, Brenda. ここで質問です。 (1)ever since のeverはsinceを強調していると思いますが、このeverはどう日本語で訳出したらいいでしょうか? (2)hecticという単語ですが、辞書には「慌しい」とありますが、これは peacefulとほぼ反対の意味で使われていますよね。この単語にはどういうニュアンスがあるのですか? (3)「Life is certainly much slower and less hectic up here.」の部分のupは「北に」という意味になるのでしょうか?確かにブレンダが引越しした場所はキャシーの家よりも北に位置しますが、、。それとも、「こちら」という意味なのでしょうか?これは無理に訳さなくてもいいとは思いますが。 (4)Lot's of loveは お決まりの手紙の結びも文句と思われますが、「敬具」と訳すと硬いですよね。どんな訳語が適切だと思いますか?

noname#47281
noname#47281
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 (1)ever sinceはsince以降ずっと、みたいなニュアンスが感じられるので、「~してからずっと(いつも)」と訳したらどうでしょうか? (2)hecticは日本語で言うと「慌しい」ですが、言葉通りの感じだと思いますよ。 次から次へ続けざまにやる事があったり物事が起こっって息つく暇がなくて、またそれがあまりうまく準備立って無いと言うかスケジューリングされてないというか・・・。 そんな感じです。 (3)確かに北と考えられますし、nearのような意味もあります。 北の方が田舎(のんびりした環境)と言う意味で、あえてUPで北を表したのかもしれません。ただ、あえて訳さなくても「こっちでは」としてよいと思います。 (4)友達同士だと、日本の手紙でも敬具はあまり使わないので、そのまま「愛を込めて」ではどうでしょうか?

noname#47281
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 なるほど、everを「ずっと」で訳すんですね。 upは両方の意味を含んでいるのかもしれませんね。 手紙の結びの決まり文句は 感じはつかめるんですが、 訳すとなると首を傾げます。 I'm studying English over again by a book with CDs for French-speakers. Here is the explanation on my book. Please skip it, a moins que vous ne saviez lire cette explication ci-dessous. I'm afraid it's just a reference for those who understand French et qui me donnent peut-etre une reponse d'un autre point de vue. Ever s'emploie souvent pour accentuer un enonce. He's so lucky→He's ever lucky, Il a de la chance→Il a vraiment de la chance. En consequence, devant since ever renforce la notion de duree: I've known him ever since I was a child, Je le connais depuis ma toute jeune enfance. ・・・やっぱり「ずっと」がピンと来ますね。 Et voici la traduction de la phrase dont il s'agit. Life is certainly much slower and less hectic up here.→ La vie est certainement beaucoup plus lente et moins mouvementee ici. ・・・ 仏訳ではhecticはmouvementeと訳されていますが、仏訳の練習問題では、 「One thing is sure: life is less hectic here than in London.」の答えが 「Une chose est certaine: la vie est beaucoup moins frenetique ici qu'a Londres.」となっていました。 Bref,le mot hectic est relativement facile a cerner mais plutot difficile a traduire en japonais! freneticを使って文を作ってみました。 Sendai and Hiroshima are peaceful and hectic cities.

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

(1)everはご理解のように強調ですから、~してからというもの みたいに訳してはどうですか? (2)hectic = busy, a lot of things to do, untidy (3)このupは out there, over here のようにちょっとニュアンスを付け加えるものですね。北・南、上側・下側の意味で使われることもありますが、この場合 upは話し手・書き手の側を意味・意識して、その反対が down になりそうです。例えば Come up here ! こっちへおいでよ、 Go down this road and you get to Stratford :この道を行けば、ストラトフォードに着きますよ。このdownは話してから離れた方向という意識が働いた結果です。 訳は こっちは 程度でよいと思います。 (4)親愛なる~ より とかですかね。

noname#47281
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 「Lot's of love.」は私の本の訳では そのまま「beaucoup d'amour」ではなく、 「Je t'emrasse tres fort.」となっていました。そして、これを英語に直訳して戻すと「I kiss you very strongly.」となります。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いしたいです。○○○は私の名前です。

和訳をお願いしたいです。○○○は私の名前です。 sorry for the late replies of your message...job has been very hectic these days i really miss you ○○○,, yeah ○○○ i want to be comitted to you i want to have and affairs with you..i want love you and you to love me in return ○○○. i really can't stop thinking about you,try and consider what have been telling you ever seens we have know each other,, hope to hear from you 翻訳サイトを使ったりしたのですが、わけのわからない文章になってしまいよく理解できません。どなたか訳していただけませんでしょうか? これって日本でいったら告白ですか? 最近交流しているオーストラリア人の友達からです。 私はほとんど英語が話せないし理解できません。。。 もし、告白ならちょっと困ってしまうのですが。。。

• 英語の歌詞の和訳をしてほしいです。

WestLife 「Have You Ever Been In Love」の英語の歌詞の和訳、できる方よろしくお願いします。 In the morning light Half awake and half asleep Have you ever laid there thinking Was it all a dream? But you reach out and she's there Every moment, everywhere Have you ever been in love? Have you ever felt How far a heart can fall Have you ever stayed up waiting For a telephone call Just to hear her say hello Cause you miss each other so Have you ever been in love? Have there been times to laugh And times you really want to cry Finding reasons to believe her cause you'd die a little if she lied And when in times of doubt Have you ever tried to work it out But still she leaves you wondering What it's all about And when she's far Have you ever felt the need to stray And tried and then discovered It just doesn't pay Cause with her, you can be true And with her, you can be you Have you ever been in love? Have there been times to laugh And times you really want to cry Finding reasons to believe her Cause you'd die a little if she lied And when in times of doubt Have you ever tried to work it out But still she leaves you wondering What its all about And when the night comes down Can you call your house a home Do you dream you're still together And wake up alone Have you ever been in love The way that I'm in love Have you ever been in love? Have you ever been in love?

• 英文の添削お願いします!!

文法的におかしなところや、スペース、ここは大文字(小文字)だってところなど、チェックをお願いします!!(ひとかたまりが1文です)間違いなさそうだったら、OKだと入れてくださるのも非常に助かります!! (1)If I could reach the stars,I would take one for you, and it would shine in your heart forever like my love. (2)Do you remember? The way you hold me. You looked into my eyes and said ‘I love you'. You caressed and said nothing. But it meant more than the chance to hold me and kiss my sweet lips. (3)I'll stand by you forever. (4)Love may be sometimes hard to show. But I love you more than you could ever know. (5)My love for you is as endless as the universe. (6)Our friendship,love,and life together begins today. (7)Our new story begins now with all blessings. We roll up one page. (8)Summer,the fresh air,the fregrant breeze and the flowers under our feet. The blanket of stars is above us. We dream in it … (9)We have love to blind us. We have laughter to unwind us. Because we have fate to find each other. (10)We exchange an eternal promise and bigin to walk. (11)I pledge my self to love,respect and sincerity. (12)I love you from the bottom of my heart. I may not always show it but I do love you.

• 歌詞を訳してください。

I need love, I want love The time was not right Blinded by magic in my baby's eyes All I ever dreamed of I saw you in white walking by my side But I still believe that one day Things work out for you and me And I still believe we can't be friends There's so much more for us to be... I need love, I need you I want love, I want you Nothing's been the same since you walked out that door, you are everything that I've been looking for I need love, I need you So full of life And so many thing's that you wanted too My world was too small for you So try your wings the way I used to do But I still believe that one day When your world is cold and mean You will fly back home where you belong To the luckiest man you've seen... I need love, I need you I want love, I want you Nothing's been the same since you walked out that door, you are everything that I've been looking for I need love, I need you So when I miss you like crazy I just take a walk to our place down by the sea To make a wish on a falling star And I wish you were here....with me with me with me with me I need love, I need you I want love, I want you Nothing's been the same since you walked out that door, you are everything that I've been looking for I want love, I want you

• top of the world和訳で

1) There is wonder in most everything I see   ここで使われてるin mostって何ですか?   Got the sun in my eyes   And I won't be surprised if it's a dream 2)Everything I want the world to be   ここで使われてるto beって何ですか?   Is now coming true especially for me      3)I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation   And the only explanation I can find   Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around   Your love's put me at the top of the world     on the top of the worldが何でlookin' down on creationの前に来てるの?    on the top of the worldって副詞句だから後ろに持ってこなくていいの?   I'mから直訳で教えて下さい 4)There is only one wish on my mind   When this day is through I hope that I will find   That tomorrow will be just the same for you and me   All I need will be mine if you are here     I hope以降どう訳していけばいいのか直訳で教えて下さい。    I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation   And the only explanation I can find   Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around   Your love's put me at the top of the world   ここで使われてるeverは、かつてって言う意味?I can findからここも詳しく直訳で  教えて下さい。 *よくこの歌詞でfindって単語使われてるけど、見つけるって言う意味でいいの?

• 歌詞の意味を教えて下さい。

QUEENのToo much love will kill youという曲の意味合いを教えて下さい。 訳詞などでは微妙なニュアンスが伝わりにくいため、“こんなことを歌っている”的な感じを知りたいです。 宜しくお願いします。 *歌詞 I'm just the pieces of the man I used to be Too many bitter tears are rainin' down on me I'm far away from home And I've been facing this alone For much too long I feel like no-one ever told the truth to me About growin' up and what a struggle it would be In my tangled state of mind I've been lookin' back to find Where I went wrong Too much love will kill you If you can't make up your mind Torn between the lover And the love you leave behind You're headed for disaster 'cos you never read the signs Too much love will kill you Every time I'm just the shadow of the man I used to be And it seems like there's no way out of this for me I used to bring you sunshine Now all I ever do is bring you down How would it be if you were standing in my shoes Can't you see that it's impossible to choose Oh there's no making sense of it Every way I go I'm about to lose Yeah, too much love will kill you Just as sure as none at all It'll drain the power that's in you Make you plead and scream and crawl And the pain will make you crazy You're the victim of your crime Too much love will kill you Every time Yeah, too much love will kill you It'll make your life a lie Yes, too much love will kill you And you won't understand why You'd give your life, you'd sell your soul But here it comes again Too much love will kill you In the end... In the end...

• 和訳お願いします

【至急】英語解読得意な方、和訳お願いします…!! I didn't intend to do that stupid things yesterday, but it forces me because every time we had some misunderstanding you always scared me to death...this not the matter of win or loss we just destructing each other., I think it's time to us to be separated, move on without any hatred forgive us each other for what we had done wrong ...since yesterday ,it relief the pain I felt and it's over. I did love you for the best I know , I dedicated most of my time waiting to see you for your free time, . But it still worthless .... Sometimes I kept asking my self why we still fighting., since we love each other.. Did you ever trust me?, or Did I ever trust you?, it's vice versa..we don't know, isn't it ?, because, it can't be us. Thank you for all the love and sacrifices you given me. And when the times come that we're free us together , I will grab that opportunity. Still wishing you the best, good luck!

• 手紙の添削をお願いします!!

オーストラリアにいる同世代の女友達に手紙を書きました。 もしよろしければ、だいたいでいいのでこの文章で送っても失礼がないか添削していただけないでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。 (誤字・脱字などでわかりづらい部分がありましたら、申し訳ありません。) Hi.What's up?I'm pretty good. I am so sorry for taking so long to reply. Guess what! I passed entrance exam for university!! So I go to there and study English everyday. It was really happy to study something. Like what world situation, culture and history about other country in the world, and of course English! I enjoy school life. I wanna speak English more fluently and talk with you a lot when I see you again. You come to Japan this year, don't you? I can't wait! I want to see you. So I need to ask teacher if I can see you. If she tell me I cant’t do, I will pretend to be P(学校名) high school student! lol I miss you so much. Please tell your family I said hi. See you soon! BYE Love from N(私の名前).

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

If you voted for trump I forgive you. If you still support trump then you are an accomplice to treason in my opinion. This scandal is going to end up being the biggest thing to happen to American politics ever. I've been saying it since the very beginning. This is a criminal and illegitimate president. And the mess is going to last years and probably destroy the Republican Party.

• 構文が解らない

「In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces, I love you.」 この分の[going to pieces]の働きが理解できません。教えてください。