• ベストアンサー

質問

下の文章はある英字新聞に載っていたものです。much worseの主語は普通に考えてBeing in debtと考えてよいでしょうか? 簡単な質問ですがよろしくお願いします。 Being in debt is an awful experience, although much worse for the person who is owed money. 『借金があるというのは嫌なものだが、貸したほうにとってはもっと嫌なものである。』

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Chicago243
  • ベストアンサー率38% (401/1043)
回答No.2

Being in debt is an awful experience, although (it is) much worse for the person who is owed money. ぐらいジャないでしょうか. 漠然とした状況を表すのにit isを使いますがそれほど重要でないので省略されてしまったようなきがします。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

形式的に考えればそういうことになると思いますが、お金を貸した側が in debt になることはないので 意味的にはちょっとおかしく見えますが、 ”貸した相手が being debt” ということなのでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• それらを発明した人は偉大である

それらを発明した人は偉大である を英訳すると It is a great person who invent them 強調構文 It is great that a person invent them 形式主語 A person who invent them is great あっていますでしょうか?

• 疑問詞について質問なんですが

疑問詞が主語になる場合とならない場合では、なにがどう違うのですか? 日本語を英語にするときまたはその逆をするとき、どう判断したらよいのですか What is that building ? あの建物は何ですか What is in the box ? その箱の中には何がはいっていますか(疑問詞が主語) Who is that girl ? あの女の子はだれですか Who went to the party with you ? だれがあなたとそのパーティに行ったのですか(疑問詞が主語)

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします! Jealous the person who can sleep embracing you. Love you in my dreams is enough Regardless how much longer I must hurt.

• 英語 の質問です。

長いですが、以下の英文を日本語に訳してくださいm(_ _)m This is not the war in Syria that makes the people run from who we believe are the cold murders called Isis . This is Turkey, yes the peaceful Turkey who a lot of people travel for vacation, because we all think it's a peaceful ,wonderful place to relax but who knows that on the other side there is people being killed without being heard, people who want to live in peace is being terrorized, kidnapped, killed and what do the Turks call these people "the mountain Turks" because they are not allowed to explain who they really are, they have to be Turks and they are the Turks who mean less. This baby is one of these people who never got to know why he got killed, why his family is being killed. He never got to know why he'll never live in peace in Turkey and why he's not allowed to speak out, in what we call "democratic Turkey" the cold murder NATO member who gets help and backup while feeding the worst enemy in a long time ISIS and also gets money for taking care of the refugees that's fleeing ISIS but instead they treat them like they were nothing and like they were the enemy who was making it over the border. And what do they spend the money on ? Killing what they call "the mountain Turks" the Kurds! No , this baby didn't even have the chance to flee with the boat, he got killed where he should been safe. Shehid namirin..

• the person と a person

辞書で2つの語の定義を見てみました。辞書は Cambridge Dictionary Online です。 ・stationmaster      the person who is in charge of a railway station ・mayor      a person who is elected or chosen to be the leader of the group who governs a town or city stationmaster では the person ・・・ と説明されています。 mayor では a person ・・・ となっています。 質問です。 (1)the person 、 a person と使い分けてあるのはなぜでしょうか。 (2)mayor の定義を someone who is elected or chosen to be the leader of the group who governs a town or city としたら間違いになるのでしょうか。  

• not so much A as B について

not so much A as B で「AというよりむしろB」という意味ですよね? ところで、 A man's worth lies not so much in what he has as in what he is. (人間の価値は財産よりむしろ人柄にある) という文の in の位置がなぜそこなのか、僕にはよく分かりません。 なぜ、A man's worth lies in not so much what he has as what he is. という文ではダメなんですか?

• Who が主語のとき

Who が主語のときは、be 動詞は必ず単数に対応する、is / was などになりますか? 例えば、ある部屋に複数の人がいたという前提が会った場合にでも、 Who was in the room? と言いますか? それとも、、Who were in the room? といいますか?

• 主語がわかりません。

以下の文章の、will be ~の主語はどれになるんでしょうか? どう訳せばいいですか? A fall guy is the person who someone decides will be the loser or victim. よろしくお願いします!

• beingの使い方について

The first being money 一つ目はお金 the first being advances in technology. 一つ目は技術の進歩 というのをYouTube の字幕で見ました。 質問の内容は、 (1)beingは、なぜ、isじゃないのか (2)is とbeingのニュアンスの違い (3)beingは動名詞なのか、それとも、現在分詞なのか。 (4)日本語に訳すとどんなニュアンスなのか。

• ざっくり和訳してください。

I'd really like to know, what in the name of all that is holy makes this razor worth that much money? I can't even fathom paying that much, unless I were so rich I could just use money to start a fire. Please enlighten me. Thanks, and no offense meant