• ベストアンサー

sayingの用法について

I have received a letter from my friend saying that she is coming to see me next week. このsayingの用法はthat以下の事が書いてあった いうことなんですか?そんな用法ありましたっけ?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

say は,人以外に,本・,新聞・手紙などを主語にして SVO で,「Sには,Oと書いてある」という意味になります。  ただし,この用法の場合,通常進行形にはできず,say で「書いてある,書かれている」という意味になりますので,関係代名詞を用いれば,a letter ... which said that ... となります。

その他の回答 (3)

• Caper
  • ベストアンサー率33% (81/242)
回答No.4

もしかしたら、こちらが参考になるかもしれません。  say [動] (他) 2b < 新聞・手紙などが > < … と > 書いてある、出ている。  http://www.excite.co.jp/dictionary/english_japanese/?search=say&match=beginswith&dictionary=NEW_EJJE&block=42243&offset=86  http://www.excite.co.jp/dictionary/english_japanese/?search=say&match=beginswith&dictionary=NEW_EJJE&block=00056297&offset=0082

• piroko121
  • ベストアンサー率29% (32/109)
回答No.2

I have received a letter (from my friend) saying that she is coming to see me next week. こんな風に、修飾部分をかっこに入れてみればわかりやすいです。つまり、 a letter (which was) saying...です。

• tooton
  • ベストアンサー率16% (28/170)
回答No.1

これは特別な用法でも何でもなく、The letter says that ~ ということです。 sayには~と書いてあるという意味があります。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語にお願いします★

Or my other friend jazz what time would be good we will be boyfriend and girlfriend next weekend and meet me and my friend jazz at 7plex is 4:30 a good time to go to mihama next week friday with my friend jazz Is 4:30 a good time to hang out on Friday next week meet me and my friend in 7plex or mister donut in jusco bring money ↑ これ日本語にお願いします!!

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)   

英文日記を書きました。初心者なので、特に文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)  一応、最後に私の表現したい内容を日本語で表記しておきます Monday, Feb. 27th, 2006 Sunny   Hello, my dearest Candy. I received a mail from my friend this morning, who is my alumna at university. I haven’t seen her for a long time so I was very grad to look at this mail.   She said ( wrote ? ) that she wanted to meet me because she was coming to near my house next Thursday. Now she lives a long way from my house. Actually I already have something to do for next Thursday, but I will change my schedule and meet her. I’m looking forward to seeing her. Candy, you think so, don't you? See you soon, my dearest Candy. (日本語) 今朝、大学時代の友達からメールが来たの。しばらく会ってないからこのメールを見てとてもうれしかったわ。彼女が来週の木曜日にうちの近くに来るので私に会いたいって言うんだけど。実はすでに予定があるのだけど、予定を変えて彼女に会うつもり。彼女に会うのすごく楽しみ。キャンディーもそう思うでしょ?

• すみませんが翻訳御願いします

すみませんが翻訳御願いします 教科書英語がつまった僕の頭では理解できません アメリカ人のブログです 前後にこれ以外の文章はありません I'm so happy that my friend isn't mad at me and now that she isn't mad at me my x-friend is so mad that she is hanging out with me and not her yyyyyaaaaa!!

• 英語の歌詞の意味Chicken Song

Chicken Song の歌詞の ol' letter's my friend の意味を教えて頂けますか "C"...that's the way it begins "H"...is the next letter in "I"...that is the third "C"...you've already heard "K"...that ol' letter's my friend "E"...now we're nearing the end C-H-I-C-K-E-N, that is the way to spell "chicken"

• ingの用法

灘高校の過去問より抜粋で、 Stopping only long enough to see that the doctor was coming, she turned. という文章があるんですが、この訳は、 「医者がついて来るのを確認する間だけは立ち止まって、また向きを帰るのである。」 となっています。このときの、stoppingの用法は何でしょうか? さっぱり分かりません。

• 日本語にしてください!

My friends are coming also for 10 days but I'll do something to see u during golden week. It is highly required!

• 中学英語 模範解答を教えてください。

(1)この女の子のお父さんは、警官です。  This is a girl (      )(      )(      )a policeman. (2)これがあなたが探している本ですか。 Is this the book(      )you are looking? (3)これは1世紀以上も前にかけられた橋です。 This is the bridge (      )over a century ago. (4)私は彼女が日本にやってくるという手紙を受け取りました。 I received a letter(      ) that she was coming to Japan. (5)ほとんどの日本人は木の上に住んでいます。 Most Japanese live in houses(      )(      )(      ). (6)私はその人に会いたかったのですが、不在でした。 The man (      )(      )(      )see was not at home (7)郵便局は私の住んでいるところから遠い。 The post office is a long way from (      )I live. (8)私があなたにしてあげられるのはこれだけです。 This is (      )(      )I can do for you. (9)あなたが手に持っているものを見せなさい。  Show me (      )you have in your hand. (10)彼は村でよく一緒に遊んだ友達だった。 He was one of friends (      )I played(      )in the village.                   以上、よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

The man who wrote that best-selling novel is sitteing over there. The book is for the students whose native language is not English. She showed me the letter which she received from her boyfriend. The bed which I slept in last night wasn't very comfortable.

• 答え合わせお願いします。2文を1文に。

The man is sitting over there. He wrote that best-selling novel. The man who he wrote whom best-selling novel is sitteing over there. The book is for the students. Their native language is not English The book is whose native language is not English for the students She showed me the letter. She received it from her boyfriend. She showed me the letter which she received from her boyfriend. The bed wasn't very comfortable. I slept in it last night The bed in which I slept last night wasn't very comfortable. The bed which I slept in last night wasn't very comfortable.

• hear について

hear(動詞)についてお伺いします。 台本や、ト書などで、現在形で書くことがあると思う のですが、たとえば、「彼女はDavisさんから、彼女が 中国に来週行くと聞きます」ということを英語で表わす 場合、 She hears from Ms. Davis that she is going to go to China next week. という使い方は自然でしょうか。私としては、Davisさんが彼女に直接 自分のことを話しているので、この場合、hear だと少し変な気がする のですが・・・(Ms. Davis says that ~. や、Ms. Davis tells her that ~. ならいいような気がします。) それと「彼女はDavisさんから、彼女が中国に来週行くと聞いた」という場合は She heard from Ms. Davis that she was going to go to China the next week. という表現でもよいのでしょうか。 toldやsaidで表わした方がよいですか。 よろしくお願いします。