ダメな文法解説とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 日本語文章を英訳する際に生じる文法的な問題について説明します。
  • 日本語の意味を正確に英語に表現するためには、文法のルールに従う必要があります。
  • 適切な文法を使って文章を作成することは、コミュニケーションの円滑さにもつながります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

これ、ダメでしょうか?

この間、K塾の記述模試が帰ってきたのですが、そのなかに1問なんとなく、理解できない原点をされていましたので、その真意を確かめるべく、投稿させていただきます。 問題は、次の日本語を英訳せよ。で、その日本語は、「けれども、ある人のことがどんなに好きだとしても、その人と会ったり話したりせずにすごしたい日もあるでしょう」 です。それに対する、自分の答えは、"But, however much you may love a person, aren't there days that you would rather not talk to them or be with them?"で、それに対する、点数の引き方は、"aren't"-2 "there"-1 "that you"-3 "would rather not"+"be with"-5 "them"-2  でした。 自分で見ても、変な文だなと思うのですが、どこがどう変か、文法的に説明していただけませんか? 模範解答のほうは、"However, no matter how much you love somebody, there will be days you want to spend without seeing or talking to the person."です。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

まず第一に、問題の文が肯定文なのに、あなたの回答は疑問文になっていますね。 <there are days when…>は、「~の日がある」という条件を述べているので、<when>以下は現在形でかまいません。問題文が、「…日もあるでしょう」になっているので、おかしいと思うかもしれませんが、「~の日がある」ということは「~でない日もある」ことを表しているので、模範解答の…there will be days…の<will be>は、蛇足だと思います。もちろん、「あるでしょう」を積極的に表すことができます。逆に、消極的に表したければ<might be>を使うことも可能です。 …aren't there days WHEN you DON’T WANT to…? …there are days WHEN you DON’T WANT to (see and talk with anybody.) *to以下は、わたしの訳です。 次に、あなたの条件節を見てみましょう。 But, however much you may love a person. ここに<may>を入れた理由がよくわかりませんが、不要です。 <however>だけで、「たとえ~でも」という意味になります。 <a person>より、<somebody>のほうがしっくりきます。 But, however much you love SOMEBODY… とすればいいでしょう。 …would rather not talk to them…は、「彼らに話したくない」という意味で、「彼らと話したくない」という意味と、少し違ってきます。(もちろん文脈、イントネーションにもよる)

valtomds
質問者

お礼

<may>は、朗読してみると、なんとなくカッコいいかなと思って入れました(笑) むだですね。確かにa person より、sombodyのほうがいいですね。それと、talk to...だと、・・・に話すってことになりますね。この場合ならtalk with...のほうが、意味があってましたね。 丁寧な御返事ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

いいじゃないですか。実際の入試でこの問題に対してこれだけの英文が書けたら立派に合格点だと思いますよ。 強いて言えば最初にa personといいながらthemで受けているのは誤りですね。 満点ではないにしろ、減点のための減点のような気がします。気にしないで自信もって頑張ってください。 減点を全部足したら13点という事になりますが、一体、配点はいくらだったのでしょうか。

valtomds
質問者

お礼

返事ありがとうございます。 配点は、15点でした。ですから、2点しかもらえませんでした(涙)

• cubics
  • ベストアンサー率41% (1748/4171)
回答No.1

個々の「減点」は、よくわからないですが、一番のマイナスは、後半の推量であるべき部分を疑問にしたことでしょう。 前半の「どんなに」という部分も訳されてないですが、まあ減点されてないですよね。通じなくはないかな?^^;) この文のままだと、「あなたは一人の人を愛せるけれども」って意味ですかね。意味は違っちゃいますね。 後半は、疑問にしないで模範のような文に替えると、減点されたうちの「that」は「when」にするか省略なんでしょうかね。でも、「that」でいけないとは言えませんよね。 「would rahter not」に「be with」もいけないんですかね。使うような気も・・・。 確かに最後の「them」は、「a person」に対応しませんが。 まあ、最初に書いた、構文が重要な部分で、あとは枝葉末節のような気もします。が、基本はしっかりと押さえておかないと、いけませんので、何らかの問い合わせができるといいのですけれどね。

valtomds
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• ネイティブの英語。訳せる方。

これらの文がややこしくてうまく、訳せません。 訳せる方、お願いします。 ちなみに相手はネイティブアメリカンです。 (1)Not with how you've been acting lately. (2)Is this too much to deal with? (3)You were handling things amazing for a long time. But lately you have been acting weird. It's not just me that matters. If you aren't happy with this than you need to tell me. (4)If you aren't happy with being in a long distance relationship. If it is too much to handle. (5)Yes I'm happy to be with you.It's just the last couple of days you don't really talk a lot and then today when I can't talk.

• これを和訳して頂けませんか?

I am serious about you my love, you are my present & my future! I realized that there was a connection with you & had no fear in letting you know how much you benefit me, mean & how I am in love with you! I love you sweetheart, quoting a text from the bible, not as well: where you go I will go, your people will be my people.. I can not say enough I love you, I love you, I love you 宜しくお願いします。

• 仲良し

添削を宜しくお願いします。 (若いカップルに) 君たちいつもラブラブだね。 You always seem to be full of much love. You two are lovey-dovey couple, aren't you? *lovey-dovey とはよく使われているのでしょうか? 見ていて、とても微笑ましい(高齢のカップルに) あの人たちは、いつも仲が良いね。 The couple always get along beautifully with each other. That couple is a perfect match.

• anticipatについて

お世話になっております。 以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 They anticipated that there would be trouble.=It was anticipated that there would be trouble. 上記のように辞書に書かれていました。 右側の文、すなわちwas anticipated と受け身にした時の文がどうもわかりません。 (1)It was anticipated by them that there would be trouble. とby themが省略されているのでしょうか? (2)was anticipated と受け身になっているのにthat there would be trouble.という目的節が どうして来るのでしょうか?他動詞がなければthat there would be trouble.を目的節として取れないと思います。 ご指導のほど何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• 英作文を添削してください!

言語、習慣、文化、伝統などことごとく異なっている欧米人と本当に意思疎通することはなまやさしいことではないであろう。会話さえできれば、と考えるのは楽天的でありすぎる。我々の考えをのべれば、大抵は否定されるだろう。しかし、そこでひるんできまずくだまってしまったりしてはいけない。むしろ、意見が食い違ったところから伝達ははじまるのである。本当に親しくなるのは、激しい議論をした相手であることも忘れてはなるまい。ただ、はいはいと言っているのでは、かえって相手から信頼されない。 I think it is difficult to communicate with the Eropeans whose langueges,customs,cultures or traditions are different from that of ours.You are a optipist,if you think it is good enough to have a talk with them.If I mention our thinking,mostly we are thought that we aren't right.But we must not be shocked by that.We must say something.Or rather,a communication is start from differences of opinions.We must remember that we can be familiar most with the person who argued hardly with us.If you agree with the other's opinion everytime,you are not be trust by him. 英作文を作ってみたのですが、添削していただけないでしょうか? 下手な英語ですががんばってみたので、よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 意味を教えて下さい(英文)

We all have our past and things we've went through. However, we met each other in our current life. Connecting with you in the sky. I will not be able to never love like that again. There is no love between you and me all over the world if it is loveless.

• 長文ですが翻訳をお願いできませんか?

長文ですが翻訳していただけると嬉しいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。 The element on your seventh house is water. This means your first impression will be on a subconscious intuitive level, an emotional impression, that your day to day mind may not recognize. Your first impression may be of a sympathetic person whom you can feel a kind of comforting affinity with. Feel that he is like you, the same sort of person deep down, however different he is on the surface. He will feel familiar to you someone you can be at ease with.. You’ll feel secure, safe underneath with him. He will make you feel cared for, and so the initial meeting on the everyday level will go much easier and smoother than you could probably envisage, almost before you notice it or are preoccupied with other things, it will materialize and become part of your life. He wont rush into the relationship but he will expect it to be lasting. To him you will look the faithful lasting type. His first impressions of you will be that he will see you as feminine looking and rather serious, you make take remarks he makes in jest too seriously. He will see you as a person of integrity and someone he could live with or marry. You will both have a feeling of kinship towards you. There will be a bit of magic too in these first impressions, he will seem sympathetic to you, and inspirational.

• 一部意味の取れない英文があります

I do not like long-standing engagement. How can you tell whether on a certain day three or four weeks ahead you will wish to dine with a certain person? The chances are that in the interval something will turn up that you would much sooner do and so long a notice presages a large and formal party. But what help is there? The day has been fixed thus far away so that the guests bidden may be certainly disengaged and it needs a very adequate excuse to prevent your refusal from seeming churlish. You accept, and for a month the engagement hangs over you with gloomy menace. It interferes with your cherished plans. It disorganizes your life. There is really only one way to cope with the situation and that is to put yourself off at the last moment. But it is one that I have never had the courage or the want of scruple to adopt. 上記の英文で、 you would much sooner do の意味が分かりません。wouldは仮定と解説している参考書もあるのですが、仮定なら何を仮定しているのでしょうか? このwould はwant to の意味ではありませんか? 確かに、ずっと先の約束というのは余程楽しい約束でない限り、気になってしまい不愉快ですよね。そういう作者の気持ちは分かるのですが、具体的な例でも挙げて説明して頂ければ私の理解も容易になると思います。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 There is no Uranus aspect to your house of soulmates A planet that lacks aspects also shows what the relationship lacks. This means the relationship will be more conventional than you think, or want it to be. It may also lack surprises, so that once it has begun there is nothing really unexpected or sudden in the love that develops or follows. This planet placement can also mean that there is less turbulence and no sudden interruptions or disruptions that spoil; or upset your romantic life, less inclination to break up. Your emotions may be strong but cautious at the same time. There will be consistency in the relationship and you will know how you stand as times goes on, a leveling out, rather than great mountains and swooping disappointments or valleys in the terrain of love. Your love life, or choice of soulmate will be temperate, and will not be, impulsive or dangerous or too unorthodox, however unique this love is, it will not be irregular.. or inconstant. This position of Uranus also means that you may meet the soulmate, the greatest of all your loves and will be happy with him, how he is, not wanting to change or reform him greatly.

• 文法

解答解説をしていただけないでしょうか。お願い致します。 1 “Did you enjoy the party?” “It was okay, but I'd rather () to a movie.” アgo イbe going ウhave gone エbeen gone 2 You can use a large plastic bottle, () cut off, as a pot to grow young plants in. アthe top is イthe top of which ウwhose top エwith its top 3 I asked her several questions, but she () not answer any of them. アmight イmust ウshould エwould 4 He would still be alive () he refused to go to the battlefield then. アif イhad ウprovided エunless 5 She did not look so () afraid as deeply suspicious. アwell イmuch ウbetter エmore 6 The weather was () that we had to stay indoors all day. アso much イsuch ウgreat エso 7 Human beings differ from other animals () they can use language. アat which イin that ウfor that エwith which 8 It is true that love is important. Still, money is () important. アmuch イlittle ウno more エno less 9 There is not one of us () wishes to help you. アwhom イwhose ウbut エas 10 This suitcase is very small. There () room in it. アisn't much イaren't any ウaren't much エisn't many 1 It appears () that he was a very famous musician in his youth. He appears () () () a very famous musician in his youth. 2 I hope you will not scold him because he did not come on time. I hope you will not scold him for () () come on time. 3 The rope wasn't very strong. It couldn't support him. The rope wasn't () () () support him. 4 I reminded her that health was important. I reminded her () the () of health. 5 We believe there was an accident at the corner two days ago. We believe () to () () an accident at the corner two days ago. 6 He worked hard;otherwise he would have failed. He worked hard;if () () () hard, he would have failed. 7 I said to him, “Don't speak until you are spoken to.” I told him () () () until () () spoken to.