• ベストアンサー

屋根にはホイップクリームの縁取りがある

お菓子の家についてメールを書いています。 I want to live in a gingerbread house. The roof is made of colorful marble chocolate. △ 屋根にはホイップクリームの縁取りがある。 Jellybeans are on the top of the roof. The door is a chocolate cookie. The trees standing in front of the house are made of chocolate. There are blankets of powdered sugar in the yard. Santa Claus made of marzipan is coming into the house to see me now. 上の”屋根には~”の英訳を教えてください。 おかしい箇所があれば教えてください。 また、他にお菓子の家を表す言葉があればお好みで付け加えてくださって結構です。 お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

Gです. runbiniさん、こんにちは! また私なりに書かせてくださいね。 (昨日の夜は零下22℃でした。 SWAT要請が出てしまいましたが、無事何も起こりませんでした) まず、今から書こうとすることは実際の事ではなく、想像していると言う情況であれば、 I like gingerbread houses (that I saw in xxxxx). It's so cute that I want to live in one of them, (if I could).と言うように話を持っていくことができますね。 そして、私の思っているものは、The gingerbread house I'm seeing in my imagimation is;と言う表現をしてこれからその家の様子を書いて見ますね、と言う言い方ができますね。  これが今回自分で作った物、と言うのであれば、For this holiday I made a gingerbread house and it is like;とする事もできます。 >The roof is made of colorful marble chocolate. made of colorful chocolate marbles.と語順を変えます。 これで、いろいろな色のチョコレートでできたマーブルと言う表現になります、 △ 屋根にはホイップクリームの縁取りがある。 縁取り(周りだけ)、と言う日本語にとらわれずに、The roof is decorated with whipped cream. という表現をすると、端だけでなく、模様もついていて「雪」が上下左右の端だけについているわけではないと言う事になります、 どうしても上下左右の端だけに、と言うことであれば、 All edges of the roof is frosted with whipped cream.と言う表現ができますね。 Wipped cream is used on the edges of the roof.と言うように屋根の端にはホイップクリームが使われています、と言う表現も使えますね。 >Jellybeans are on the top of the roof. OKです、I/You can see some jellybeans on the top of the roof.と言う表現をすると、その屋根の上にはジェリービーンがのっているのが見えます。と言う表現を使うこともできますね。 >The door is a chocolate cookie. OKです。 >The trees standing in front of the house are made of chocolate. OKです。 >There are blankets of powdered sugar in the yard. The (blanket of) snow in the yards is actually powdered sugar. in the yardsをaround the houseと言う言い方に変えてもいいと思います、 >Santa Claus made of marzipan is coming into the house to see me now. ここでも、I/You also can see a Santa Claus made of marzipan is about going into the house to visit me inside.と言う言い方をして、サンタが入ろうとするのが見えます。 gingerbreadとはgingerで味をつけたケーキないしクッキーのことを言いますが、実際こちらの子供達が作るときはgraham cracker という市販の箱に入った長四角のクラッカーを使って作る事が多いです。 これをケーキ用のicingを使って「接着剤」の代わりにします。 2時間くらいで固まってしまうので丁度いいのです。 この言い方(gingerbread house)をして一般にお菓子でできた家のことを言います。 colorful chocolate marblesですが、M&Mをこちらでは使います。 これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。  

runbini
質問者

補足

メリークリスマス。さっきクリスマスの挨拶の国際電話がかかってきました。他の友達からも無事だった知らせが入りました。いいクリスマスカードが書けそうです。You can seeはいい言い方ですね。 ところで"about"はどういう意味でしょうか?

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

I wish you a Merry Christmas and Have a Great Holiday!! Gです。 補足質問を読ませてもらいました. >ところで"about"はどういう意味でしょうか? be + (just) about + ingと言う形で今丁度しているところだ、と言うフィーリングをあらわしたいときに使える表現です。 I'm about falling in love with a girl。 のような言い方ができますね。 似た表現で be + (just)about + to (do) と言う形で、今丁度するところだ(まだ起きていない)、と言うフィーリングを表せます。 ではまた。

runbini
質問者

お礼

わかりました!お怪我に気をつけていいクリスマスを!

• G-san
  • ベストアンサー率13% (9/68)
回答No.1

The roof is trimmed with whipped cream. The roof is rimmed with whippped cream. The roof has whipped cream edges. The roof has whipped cream borders. The roof is whipped-cream-rimmed. The roof is edged with whipped cream. The yard is covered with powdered sugar. blanketsは毛布ですんで、粉砂糖とのイメージが合いませんね。 「おかしい」ところは他にもあるんですけれでも、お菓子の家を説明する事と「I want to live in ...」がつながってるから、かなりシュールな内容なので、そのままでもいいじゃないかと思う人もいるんではないかと想像しますけどね。幻想の説明だったら色々な表現法があるから。 前後の内容と狙う雰囲気が分からないと添削できないね。

runbini
質問者

お礼

The roof is edged with whipped cream.が好きです。 一面の雪、という時に blanket of snow って言いませんか? 前後の内容は無くてこれきりです。狙う雰囲気は住んでみたいお菓子の家をメールに書いているとしか説明できないです。

関連するQ&A

• 名詞はof whichの前か後か

of whichの使い方について教えてください。 http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1012156595 このページの回答で No.1では、 They live in a house the roof of which is red. No.2では、 They live in a house of which the roof is red. となっています。 これはどちらが正しい用法ですか? http://ameblo.jp/s-lilipat/entry-10933561737.html They live in a house the roof of which is green. このページではNo.1と同じ用法になっています。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=of+which tubes of which the tips are in the stomach このページではNo.2と同じ用法になっています。 どちらでも良いでしょうか?

• of which→ 所有格を表す関係代名詞

例えば、 The house the red roof of which you can see is ours.(赤い屋根が見える家が、私たちの家です) という文は、 The house of which you can see the red roof is ours.と書き換えられますよね。 ところで、 I saw a car the windows of which was broken.(私は窓が壊れている車を見た) という文は、 I saw a car of which the windows was broken.と書いてはダメなんですか?

• 和訳をお願いいたします

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 定型文となりますので 抽象的だと思いますが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 For the moment let me add a little about the descendant axis of your chart. The circle of your chart is really the dome of the sky above you, with you in the centre. As astrologers we divide the sky into sections, like the segments of an orange. These sections are called the twelve thrones or the twelve houses of the heavens. Various meanings are given to the individual houses. The house themselves are related to one another and so can never be read in isolation. The seventh house, which is the house of marriage and all serious relationships and the first house, house the self, are directly opposite each other and so form part of the same axis. An axis is like a balance in the chart.

• 英文(長文)の添削お願いします。

Santa Claus of The World Do you know a legendary character who is said to deliver presents for children at Christmas, called Santa Claus? Santa Claus is popular among children. A model of Santa Claus is a person called St.Nicolaus. As he was a pious Christian, he gave money to poor persons and helped persons in difficulties. Santa Claus we know today was originated from such a spirit. By the way, do you know that there are various Santa Claus in the world? First, I explain American Santa Claus. The characteristic of American Santa Claus, pump and cheerful, grow a while mustache, wrap the body in red and white hat and clothes with a black belt. He gets on the sled pulled by reindeers and enters a home from a stovepipe. Japanese Santa Clause thought almost same as that in America. In Australia, because this time is summer, Santa Claus wear in the short-sleeved shorts of these clothes. And a sled is pulled by kangaroos instead of reindeers. Next, I easily explain other Santa Claus. Russian Santa Claus is called Moroz. Surprisingly, once he was a bad magician who took away children and held him to presents. However, as time passed, he reformed himself and he came to distribute presents to make up for his bad behave. Spanish Santa Claus is called Befana. She is a cheerful old witch, full of curiosity for age and has been work for long time to make pleasant toys. In addition, there are some Santa Claus who varies in an appearance and character. There are Santa Claus of children, too. Why don’t you check about them who makes many people happy? 文やまとめ方が変な場合は指摘をおねがいします。言い換えた方がいいところも。 構成的に1.これから書く文の導入、2.アメリカとそれに似ているサンタについて、3.その他のサンタについて、4.まとめにしてあります。 まとめは何かけばいいか思いつかなかったのでまとまっていないと思います(汗

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳お願いします(>_<) ↓ ↓ Someone must decide whether or not to give an award. The process of nominating and choosing Nobel Prize winners has two parts. First,nominations of people who might deserve a Nobel Prize are made. The nominations in physics,chemistry and economics are made by the Royal Academy of Science in Stockholm. The nominations in medicine are made ay the Caroline Medical Institute,which is also in Stockholm. The Swedish Academy both makes nominations in literature and receives them from experts and other academies such as those of France and Spain. The Peace Prize nominations are made by a committee of the Norwegian government. Many nominations are made in each area. Nominations from these groups begin the process of choosing the Nobel Prize winners. The second part of the process of choosing Nobel Prize winners is to decide which of the nominated people deserves the award in each area. This decision is made by the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm. The winners of Nobel Prizes are honored for their great achievements and are rewarded both by fame and by money for their contribution to human life. A Nober Prize is one of the highest honors any scientist,politician,or writer can ever receive.

• is/areどちらが入りますか?

is/areどちらが入るのか教えてください 1. Some of the people is/are friendly. 2. One of the girls is/are absent. 3. Italian is/are a Romance language. 4. Two-thirds of the food is/are gone. 5. The clothes in that store is/are expensive. 6. The clothing in those stores is/are inexpensive. 7. Most of the stores in tourist towns is/are overpriced.

• made of made by

その家は、彼によって木で作られた。を英訳すると The house was made of wood by him. The house was made by him of wood. この2つが思い浮かびましたが、どちらか当たってますか。

• The house which has a red roof is m

The house which has a red roof is my uncle‘sとほぼ同じ内容にするとき、The house ( )a red roof is my uncle`s.という問題なんですが、答がwithになるんですけどなぜですか?中学生にも理解できるような解説お願い致します。

• 名詞についての質問です。

There (is,are) fifteen (class,classes) in our schhi. The team (was,were) made up of eleven members. このカッコに入るのはどちらか教えて下さい。 出来ればかんたんな解説もお願いします

• 英語の関係代名詞

先ほど関係代名詞の質問をしたのですが,もう一つ教えて頂きたいです。 (A) The house whose roof is red is my cousin's house. (B) The house, whose roof is red, is my cousin's house. 正解は(A)でしたが,なぜ(B)は間違いなのでしょうか?