• ベストアンサー

"heaven on a stick" の意味がわかりません

Sorry to say it, but I can't eat uni. I don't know why I keep trying, but, dammit, the gag reflex just kicks in. Uni and liver are my "don't go there" foods. Unagi, however, is heaven on a stick (or bed of rice, or...). I used to have to pass by an unagi-juu place on the way home during my last two years in Japan. The smell was torture, as I was on a diet for a lot of that time. I had to go in and grab some unagi anyway. 上の文で"heaven on a stick" の意味がわかりません。stick は chopsticks のことでしょうか?うなぎがめちゃ好き、というのはわかるのですが、グーグルでは同じフレーズがあるのでもともと何かの流行ことばなのかなとも思います。どうなんでしょうか?

noname#17725
noname#17725
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#11434
noname#11434
回答No.2

#1さんがすでにお答えになりましたが、書いちゃったので送りますね。 on a stick で、「串刺しの」という意味だそうです。英辞郎に出ていました。ですから、直訳すると「串刺しにされた天国」?。「蒲焼」のことなんでしょうね、きっと。 Unagi, however, is heaven on a stick (or bed of rice, or...). 「だけど、うなぎは、もう私にとって串に刺さったまろやかな天国のようなもの(それから、それを下から支える白いご飯、それからそれから…)。」てな感じではないでしょうか? The smell was torture,のところでは思わず吹き出してしまいました。笑える楽しいメールでいいですね。

その他の回答 (2)

• Caper
  • ベストアンサー率33% (81/242)
回答No.3

heaven の訳しかたとして「 素晴らしいもの 」というのがありました。  http://www2.alc.co.jp/ejr/index.php?word_in=heaven&word_in2=%82%A9%82%AB%82%AD%82%AF%82%B1&word_in3=PVawEWi72JXCKoa0Je

• zentaro
  • ベストアンサー率7% (4/53)
回答No.1

「ウナギがかば焼き (串刺しの) になっていて、それが天にも昇るほどおいしい」ということを言おうとしているのではないでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• where to stick it

I’m (over)due with my second child, and I am not looking forward to the “help” that will come when she is born. When my son was born, my in-laws came for a week. They helped by holding my son, soothing my son, playing with him—all the things I wanted to do. To be fair, they also cooked and cleaned a bit, but I had no idea how to tell them to let us bond. My in-laws are coming again this time around, from what I understand. My husband insists they are helpful, but all I feel is that they are intrusive and disrespectful of my boundaries. My own family is popping in too, for just a few days, but I have no qualms about telling them where to stick it if they overstep! telling them where to stick it if they overstepの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My best childhood friend married a boy she met through me in high school. I am closer to her but friends with both. He smokes pot. I knew he was hiding it and told him if she asked me outright I wouldn’t lie, but I didn’t see it as my place to “tattle” on him, and I don’t personally think it’s a big deal. I still don’t, except she got busted spending a lot more on a craft hobby than they agreed upon. she got busted spending a lot more on a craft hobby than they agreed uponの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味がわかりません

What happened was that when we original were planning the trip it was at the beginning of the year and I had put in my request for vacation But as we got closer to the trip Mark gave me the dates he wanted to go back But it was different than what my original vacation days are So I had to put in a new request to change my vacation days and right now I'm not sure if they are going to allow me to change the vacation days So right now I'm waiting to see if my company will OK the changes 特に、But as we got closer to the trip Mark gave me the dates he wanted to go backの部分がよく意味がわかりません。

• grind on

I have recently become friends with two women from my college. I’m queer and they’re both lesbians, and I was excited to make more friends in the LGBT community. The problem is that they won’t stop hitting on me. I’m in a serious long-distance relationship with a man I love. At first I found their comments flattering, but they started going too far when they joked about “stealing” me away to my boyfriend’s face when he was visiting. One of them started grinding on me at a party and asked, “Are you wet yet?” ここでのgrind onとwet の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Q. Old mementos: When I was in middle school, I kept a journal of my day-to-day activities and continued to do so throughout high school. It was a great writing exercise for me at the time and now serves as a great way to look back at those times in my life and see what I was up to. During those times, my friends and I would often print out pictures of boys we had crushes on from MySpace (which was the big thing at the time!). I had pasted those pictures in my journals. My question is: Is it weird to keep those pictures now as an adult? I feel like the guys in question would be weirded out if they knew I had pictures from their school days saved in my old journals that I printed off their MySpace pages—but I don’t want to get rid of them, either! I have fond memories of those days. What’s your opinion? A: It’s no weirder than keeping a yearbook. You’re not pulling up these guys’ old profiles on the Wayback Machine and printing them out now; pulling up these guys’ old profilesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• keep me on the hook

My in-laws last year asked if I could babysit their 11-year-old this April so they could go away for a weekend, which they never get to do. I agreed and told them I would just need a few weeks’ notice to organize my own child care around it. Well, it’s April, and they still haven’t picked a date. I haven’t been able to make any plans of my own for weeks, and as we get closer to summer, the heat affects my health condition and puts me at a higher risk for seizures. My in-laws definitely need the time on their own and don’t have other child care options (my niece-in-law is poorly behaved), so I would feel like a bit of a jerk withdrawing my offer. But I feel like they’re not being very reasonable. Is it fair for them to keep me on the hook, or should I tell them I’ll no longer be available? keep me on the hookはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I suffer from very severe clinical depression and anxiety disorder. I am under a doctor’s care, but I still have times when these issues overwhelm me. Recently, my life has been more stressful than usual. I have tried to talk to my husband about my depression in the past, but he just tells me that I have a good life and I shouldn’t feel that way. I told him I don’t feel like I can talk to him about what is going on with me because of these responses. He assures me he is my biggest supporter and I can talk to him about anything. This past weekend I told my husband I was feeling very depressed, and his response was to roll his eyes and say, “What’s wrong with you now?” I told him again that these reactions are why I don’t feel like I can actually talk to him. His response was to get angry with me because I refuse to realize how good I have it. how good I have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• on a bus? on the bus?

(1)I gave up my seat to an old lady on a bus. (2)I meet someone accidentally on the bus. on a bus / on the bus の違いを教えてください。 いつ a を使い いつ the を 使ったらいいかわかりません。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 意味を教えてください

I was at a friend's wedding and introduced myself to the groom's father. Because I was carrying something in my right hand, I extended my left hand. I'm no dead-fish guy, but the lobster's grip was so tight it crushed my ring into my finger, causing a bruise. dead-fish guyとlobster's gripの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am 14 years old and facing a dilemma. My father isn't particularly religious, but my mother is a strict Catholic, and my older sister and brother have been confirmed. I have another six months before I am expected to go through the process of confirmation. I do not want to do this. But as the time approaches, my mother has become increasingly forceful on the subject. I do not share my mother's beliefs, although I do believe in God. My father supports my choice, and I've tried to explain it to my mother, but she won't have any of it. she won't have any of it.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします