• ベストアンサー

関係詞です

That is such fruit as good for health. と As many people as came there was caught. のような「such~as」と「as~as」は両方とも 「~のような(ように)」ですが、この二つの使い分けというか 違いはどんなところにあるのですか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • takikun70
  • ベストアンサー率59% (95/160)
回答No.1

(1)such fruit as は,such+名詞+as  の形 (2)As many people as は,As +形容詞+名詞+ as の形ですよね。 基本的に,suchは,名詞にかかります。 asは,形容詞にかかります。 ですから, (  )+形容詞+as になっているときには,絶対( )=as (  )+名詞+as になっているときには,絶対( )=such です。 (2)では,形容詞+名詞の形ですが,あくまでも,asはmany(多い)という形容詞にかかっています。

noname#8565
質問者

お礼

なるほど!ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 関係詞

There is a good reason.とHe refused to take the money for that reason.を関係副詞を用いて1つの文にするためには、 There is a good reason why He refused to take the money.であっていますか?予習で確認したいので、添削宜しくお願いします。

• 関係代名詞と関係副詞のwhere

1 That is the museum. Many people visit there.              ↓ That is the museum which many people visit. 2 That is the museum. We often go there. ↓ That is the museum where we often go. あるサイトの解説で1の文のthereは名詞なので関係代名詞whichを、2のthereは副詞なので関係副詞whereを用いて文を繋ぐとかかれていました ですが1の文のthereはなぜ名詞なのかよくわかりません 2の文のthereは動詞のgoを修飾しているから副詞と書かれていました ですが1の文のthereは動詞のvisitを修飾しているのではなくなぜ名詞なのですか?

• 和訳

there is probably no superstition that has as many people observing it as the one that 13 is unlucky. ごめんなさい(;_;) 変な日本語になります。教えてください。

• 関係詞の問題教えてください

関係詞の問題教えてください 1和訳 1-1 He is the only one of my friends who helps me with my homework. 1-2 There is no student that I know who works as hard as Tom. 2英訳 2-1 自分のできることを決して他人にまかせるな Don't leave (           )you can (     )do yourself to others. 2-2 今こそ人々が平和のありがたさを認識する時だ   (   ) is the time when people (    )now realize the blessing of peace. 2-3私の生まれた町は今は、昔とすっかり変わってしまった   (      ) the town where I was born has completely (    )from what it was. よろしくお願いします

• 英文法の質問が3つあります!教えてください。

(1)The brave man helped the people escape the burning house. escapeの後ろにfromを置いてはいけませんか? (2)There is no such thing as a stupid question. asは前置詞と考えてよいですか? (3)Carl is looking for a good used car for around $3,000. for aroundですが、aroundは前置詞でよいのでしょうか?

• 関係詞についての質問

問)、日本文と同じ意味になるように( )内を並べ替えなさい。 1.向こうに立っている人が、あなたに話していた人ですよ。 The man (is/is standing/that I/the one/who/over there) was telling you about. 2.メアリーは彼に少額ながら、あるだけの金を与えた。 Mary gave (all/as/had/him/little/money/much/she/what). 3.彼にはよくあることだが、あの試験でカンニングをした。 (that/him/is/in/often/cheated/as/the/with/he/,)exam. 4.向こうに見える赤い屋根の家が私の家です。 The house (whose/there/roof/we/see/over/red/can) is mine. 5.日本では、仕事場でセクハラを受けていても、上役にそのことを言いつけようとしない女性がたくさんいます。 In Japan, many women (are/st/any complaints/harassed/make/sexually/work/who/will not) to their superiors. 色々考えてみましたが上記の問題がわかりません。 教えて下さい。 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします(>_<) In sports there have been many other cases of seemingly impossible records which have later been broken. Some years ago it was unimaginable that people would ever pole-vault over fifteen feet, but today the record is over twenty feet. For many years it was thought that man would never break the four-minute mark for the mile race. But today it has become common for college runners to go faster. And then, many people thought that women never could, or should, run long distance races such as the marathon. Yet today it is common for woman to run the marathon faster than the fastest men of fifty years ago.

• 英語日記28(2) 

すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると幸いです。 I have been there when I came to Australia first time. I think that the time flows really slowly in Cairns. This is because Cairns is a kind of tourist city. Many people are coming from all over the world. It may look like Hawaii. There was one thing that I could not believe was that someone walked with strip to the waist. Someone call the police and catch him if he would do it in my country. So I didn’t believe it. And I have one more thing surprising me is that many people have tattoos in Cairns. My country image of tattoo is very bad. There are few people have tattoo in my country. For example, like a group of gangster. My mother said “you mustn’t have a tattoo” before going to Australia. However, there are many tattoos includes women as well. Cairns is small city but people are good and commodity price is not expensive. Cairns is one of the city that live easily.

• 英語の比較の問題で困っています。

比較の問題で困っています。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 Q(  )に入れるのに最も適当なものを、それぞれ(1)~(4)のうちから1つ選びなさい。また、訳もしなさい。 1.This laptop computer has greater processing power (  ) of the same type. (1)of all the computers (2)with other computers (3)than any computers (4)than any other computer 2.The concert was so popular that (  ) fewer than 15,000 people came to see it. (1)any (2)no (3)over (4)those 3.New York City police say that (  ) 4.5 million people watched today's parade. (1)such many as (2)so much as (3)too many as (4)as many as

• この英文の和訳が分かりません教えて下さい。

Millions of people are using cell phones today. In many places it is actually considered unusual not to use one. In many countries, cell phones are very popular with young people. They find that the phones are more than a means of communication-having a mobile phone shows that they are cool and connected. The explosion around the world in mobile phone use has some health professionals worried. Some doctors are concerned that in the future many people may suffer health problems from the use of mobile phones. In England, there has been a serious debate about this issue. Mobile phone companies are worried about the negative publicity of such ideas. They say that there is no proof that mobile phons are bad for your health. この英文の和訳が分かりません教えて下さい。できればいやくはしないでください。