• ベストアンサー

訳を見てください。

下の投稿の続きなのですがこれであっているか教えてください。途中で切れていました。 covered with snow in the winter, steep-sided valleys called glens and very deep lakes called lochs. Loch Ness is perhaps the most famous lake in the UK because it may be the home of a monster called “Nessie”! 高い山には冬には雪が覆いかぶさり、谷間と呼ばれる険しい峡谷がある。それに入り江と呼ばれる深い湖がある。ネス湖は、ことによると連合王国ではとても有名な湖。それは、ネッシーと呼ばれる怪物のすみからしい。 すみませんがお願いします。

noname#81638
noname#81638
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cambridge
  • ベストアンサー率50% (30/60)
回答No.1

this is the real Scotland-high mountains,を加えて訳しますと、 『冬には雪で覆われ、グレンと呼ばれる断崖絶壁、(スコットランド語で)ロックスと呼ばれる大変深い湖のある文字通りスコットランドの高山です。ネス湖は、ネッシーの住処とも言われるのでイギリスで最も有名な湖でしょう。』 あまり凝った訳し方はしていませんけれども(笑) 「glen」は知りませんが、「loch」はスコティッシュですので、そのまま片仮名にして( )で注釈を付けるとよいかもしれませんね。

noname#81638
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 注釈を付けたいと思います。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#11434
noname#11434
回答No.2

先の質問部分とあわせて訳します。 「スコットランドの二つの最重要都市が、ここセントラル・ロウランズにはある。一つは首都エディンバラであり、もう一つがスコットランド最大の都市グラスゴウである。 もし訪問者がまだ旅を続けるなら、スコットランド北西部のハイランズと呼ばれる広々とした山岳地帯に到着する。 多くの人々にとって、このハイランズが本当のスコットランドなのだ。なぜならここには、冬季雪に覆われる高い山々があり、グレンと呼ばれる急峻な谷々があり、ロックと呼ばれる非常に深いいくつもの湖があるからだ。ロック・ネス(ネス湖)はおそらくイギリスで一番有名な湖だが、そのわけは怪物『ネッシー』の住処だと思われているからだ。」 風景ともあいまって、非常に美しい文章ですが、 「英語の本」というより、これ教科書でしょう?(笑) ちがってたらごめんね!

noname#81638
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 すみませんでした。これは教科書です。

関連するQ&A

• 最上級

この英語あってますか? 日:琵琶湖は日本のすべての湖の中で一番大きい) 英:Lake Biwa is the biggest of all lakes in Japan. (すみません。前に似たような質問をしたのですが、打ちミスが多かったので、再度、投稿しました。)

• 中学英文法

(1) As she was very tired,she decided not to go swimming. He stayed home all day because it was reinning. Asとbecauseは理由をあらわしますが、(~なので、~だから) 使い分けがあるのでしょうか? それとも全く同じと考えていいのでしょうか? (2)Althoughとthoughの使い分け 両方とも訳は(~けれども)と書いてあるので(1)のように悩んでいます。 (3)琵琶湖はすべての日本の湖の中で一番大きい。 Lake Biwa is bigger than all lakes of Japan. Lake Biwa is bigger than lakes in Japan "すべての日本の湖" この部分の英語がわかりません。  どなたか詳しい方よろしくお願いします。

• 和文英訳の問題を見てください。

和文英訳の問題を見てください。 山中湖は富士山のほとりにある5つの湖の1つです。そのほとりからは美しい景色を楽しめます。 という問題です。 私が作ったものは以下です。 The Yamanaka is one of the five lakes located around Mt.Fuji. We can take in the beautiful scene by the lake. とくに二つ目の文章がよくわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• atの使い分けができません・・・

This time last year I was in Paris. 去年の今頃私はパリにいた At this time of (the) year the cold north wind blows down across the lake. 一年のこの時期には冷たい北風が湖を吹き下ろしてくる いつもatで悩みます。文法的に上のセンテンスの違いもわかりません。 どういうときにatを入れたらいいですか? よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The country on the eastern side of the Judean Hills falls into the Jordan Valley in a confused mass of rocky ridges and deep narrow valleys. All the main wadis run from west to east; often with steep high banks, while the tributaries joined from all directions, breaking up the ridges making the hills, almost impossible to cross. Most tracks ran along the narrow beds of ravines where progress had to be made in single file. Further north at Jebel Kuruntul (also known as Jebel Quruntul, the Mount of Temptation and Mount Quarantania) the mountains end abruptly in a 1,000-foot (300 m) cliff. Sometimes the attacking parties had to haul themselves and each other over abrupt cliffs to be in a position to fight at close quarters at the top. Yet, in early Spring, the area was covered by wild flowers including cyclamen, anemones, poppies and tulips. Three Ottoman armies were deployed to defend their front line: the Eighth Army (headquartered at Tul Keram) defended the Mediterranean section, the Seventh Army (headquartered at Nablus) defended the Judean Hills sector, and the Fourth Army (headquartered at Amman) defended the eastern Transjordan section of the line. Between 3,000 and 5,000 Ottoman troops from the 26th and 53rd Infantry Divisions XX Corps defended the area on the western edge of the Jordan Valley. They garrisoned a series of hill-tops from Tubk el Kaneiterah, near the Dead Sea, through Talat ed Dumm to the Wadi Fara. Here the XX Corps was entrenched at Ras um Deisis and El Muntar Iraq Ibrahim astride the Jericho road. There was also at least one regiment in the Jordan Valley near the Wadi el Auja. By February, logistics had sufficiently developed to support the advance towards Jericho, and Allenby ordered Lieutenant General Philip Chetwode to capture Jericho as soon as the weather cleared. While the remainder of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force held the front line and garrisoned the captured territories in southern Palestine, Chetwode's XX Corps the 60th (2/2nd London) Division was to make the attack towards Jericho, supported by his 53rd (Welsh) Division and one infantry brigade from the 74th (Yeomanry) Division on the left.

• 日本語訳を!(18)

お願いします (1) North of the Nile Delta, across the Mediterranean Sea, the land of the Hittites juts out like the snout of a barking dog. From an area where a whisker might sprout, the people of an initially insignficant nation called Hatti, began to spread throughout the Near East. By the late second millenmium BCE, they had grown into a great power. Asian princes wrote time and again to Akhenaten, warning him that he had better stop the Hittites now, before it was too kate. The Hittites were chipping away at Egypt's control in Syria. But Akhenate ignored the letters and he ignored the Hittites. And the Hittites grew stronger. (2) In the 13th century BCE, during the early part of Egypt's 19th Dynasty, when Ramesses II was king, he Hittites could no longer be ignored. They controlled the city-state of Qadesh, and whoever controlled Qadesh controlled the trade route from the coast. It was a strategic position and Ramesses II knew it. "Now the vile enemy from Hatti had gathered together all the foreign lands as far as the end of the sea.... They covered the mountains and filled the valleys and were like locusts in thier numbers." In the spring of his regnal Year 5, Ramesses II led his army eastward on a mission to beat back the Hittites. (3) The Egyptians army was a fearsome force. Twenty thousand infantrymen and charioteers advanced toward Qadesh. Four divisions of highly trained soldiers, each unit named after a protective god―Amun, Re, Ptah, and Seth―marched east. Ox-drawn carts and donkeys loaded with food and weapons followed, kicking up dust as they went. Members of the royal family, priests, advisers, and diplomats accompanied the soldiers to meet an enemy that Ramesses II claimed outnumbered them two to one.

• 関係詞の問題です。

日本文を関係代名詞を使って英文になおしてください。 (1)私はトムに電話をしましたが、彼は家にいませんでした。 I caiied Tom,( ). whenと前置詞+関係代名詞の問題で、次の各文がほぼ同じ内容になるようにかっこに適する語を入れてください。 (2)I remember the day when we planted the trees. →I remember the day( ) which we planted the trees. (3)April is the month when the new school year begins in Japan. →April is the month( ) which the new school year begins in Japan. (4)Do you know the time when she arrived? →Do you know the time( ) which she arrived? (5)Spring ia the season when a lot of flowers come out. →Spring ia the season( ) which a lot of flowers come out. 次の関係副詞の文を前置詞+関係代名詞を使って書きかえてください。 (6)That is the city where my aunt lives. (7)Which was the station where Ken got off? (8)Let's go to the hill where there are some benches. (9)People told me about the lake where they had seen a monster. (10)Do you know the park where my sister goes every Saturday? これを解いてみると、 (1)I called Tom, who was not in his house. (2)I remember the day on which we planted the trees. (3)April is the month at which the new school year begins in Japan. (4)Do you know the time in which she arrived? (5)Spring ia the season in which a lot of flowers come out. (6)That is the city in where my aunt lives. (7)Which was the station at where Ken got off? (8)Let's go to the hill on where there are some benches. (9)People told me about the lake in where they had seen a monster. (10)Do you know the park at where my sister goes every Saturday? になりました、(1)は先生に間違っていると言われました。 後の問題は、あっているのかみてもらえないでしょうか? もしも、間違っていたら訂正してください。

• #48 War of 1812:質問 04

この文章はVOAの一文です。 学習を目的に、訳してみました。 間違いを指摘して頂きたいと思います。 よろしくお願いします。 http://www.manythings.org/voa/history/48.html Wellington told the government he would go to America if requested. But he refused to promise any success. He said it was not a new general that Britain needed in America, but naval control of the Great Lakes that separated the United States from Canada. ウェリントンは、もし、(彼が)求められるなら、彼がアメリカに行ってもよいと政府に告げた。しかし、彼はいかなる成功も約束することを拒んだ。彼は、イギリスはアメリカで必要とする新将軍はいないが、海軍はカナダとアメリカ合衆国を隔てるあの大きな湖(Erie/Ontario)を制すると語 った。 *the Great Lake:単数、五大湖の全てか北東部だけ? "The question is," Wellington said, "can we get this naval control? If we cannot, then I will do you no good in America. I think," said Wellington, "that you might as well sign a peace treaty with the United States now. I think you have no right to demand any territory from the United States. The failure of the British military campaigns in America gives you no right to make such demands." ウェリントンは、“問題は、我々がこの海軍による統制を図れるか/実現できるかにある”と語った。もし、我々が出来ないなら、その時、私はアメリカで、みなさんに良くないことを行うでしょう“。 ウェリントンは、 ”私は、今、あなた方は、同じように、アメリカと和平条約に調印することが出来ると思う。私は、あなた方にアメリカ合衆国の如何なる領土も要求する権利はないと思う。アメリカにおけるイギリスの軍事的戦略の失敗は、そのような要求をする権利のないことをあなた方にgives与える/意味する/示す“と言った。 Q:can we get this naval control? (もしかすると)海軍統制を図る ことが出来るだろうか/という意味ですか(?) Q:The failure …gives you no right to make such demands.    giveの意味は何でしょうか(?)  Q:then I will do you no good in America.    みなさんに良くないことを行うでしょう/変な言葉使いです。    みなさんの役に立たない/みなさんにとって、不利に動く/という 意味ですか?   

• ニュースで聞いた表現

実は理解できていない気がするので、いくつか質問させて下さい。 まずはアメリカ西部を襲った強風のニュースでのユタ州の住人のコメント。   " I had some of my Christmas displays up, but    Frosty the Snowman's probably bobbing somewhere out   in the Great Salt Lake next to the brine flies. "  サングランスの初老の男性が、被害を深刻に話しているのかと思ったら、 これは軽い冗談なんでしょうか?自分なりに調べた結果の訳は、   「クリスマスの飾り付けも始めてたんだけど、   クリスマスの飾りも一部飛んでっちゃったけど、   (いなくなった) 雪だるまも,今頃は (ユタの湖)グレイト・ソルト・レイクの蠅の隣で   (観光客に) 愛想をふりまいてるんだろう」 up , bobbing , out の意味合いも曖昧なまま・・・全くの見当違いでしょうか(笑)。 その後、気象専門家のコメント。近年にまれに見る突風 (gusts) だったと解説後、   " Tonight, they may be a hair tamer, but      areas that didn't get it last night could very well get it tonight. "   「今夜は風も弱まるが、昨夜無事だった所も今夜は直撃する可能性がある」   「今夜は風も弱まるが、昨夜大変だった所も今夜は大丈夫だろう」   ちょっと文章が変・・・a hair tamer というのが何か、調べてもピンときません。  髪留めの一種なのか、小康状態の比喩なのか・・、get や could も曖昧です。  ちなみに、その後は  So once again, unusually cold and breezy conditions expected tonight   right through the weekend.  と締めています。 「わかってないね」と思った方、解説よろしくお願いします。

• 引きずってる訳でもなく、好きな訳でもなく

大学1年です。私には、高校2年の時から付き合っていた彼女がいて、高校卒業間近で別れました。あれから1年が経過しました。内容は、言えませんが結構ゴタゴタがあって別れました。そして自分的には引きずってる訳でもなく、好きな訳でもないつもりです。しかし次の恋愛に進むことが出来ません。女性からアプローチが来ても、何故か気は進まず、自分からアプローチしようとも思わなくなりました。恋愛はしたいと思うんです! ただ何か足りないような、そんな気がするんです。 上記を読んで思った意見を聞かせていただきたいです。