• ベストアンサー

moing off

corrector_yuiの回答

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

morning off ですね。 ここでは、 午前中を休みにする。 午前中の半休。 との意味です。 afternoon offもあります。 丸一日なら、they were given the whole day off. と言います。

y_aketa
質問者

お礼

すいません、感動的です。どこを探してもわかりませんでした。すばらしいです。ありがとうございました。 今後も、教えてGOOさせていただきたいと思います。 また期会がありましたら、よろしくお願いします。  

関連するQ&A

• shakes it off

No one in my family, including myself, wants to spend time with my mom. She can be really toxic. She has hurt me all my life, and, really, everyone I love. I stopped asking my husband and kids to go with me a while ago. In fact, I limited my children's exposure to her when they were growing up, but they still have scars from stuff she did or said when they were young adults; it's difficult to be prepared for the truly awful stuff she says and does, even when warned your whole life. Even though I know all this and I'm normally pretty pragmatic, I am finding it tough to just cut my mom off. We've had so many conversations over the years about the things she says and does, but she is never going to change because she just doesn't get it. It's almost like punishing a fish for bad behavior. She never accepts accountability for anything, and never sees the damage. She says and does petty, horrible things in irritation, then just shakes it off, accusing others of being too sensitive. ここでのshakes it offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 否定・倒置の問題が分かりません

一応自分でも解いてみたのですが、答えに自信がないので解答と解説を御願い致します。 1, The show was so popular that there were ( ) seats remaining. (1)enough (2)few (3)more (4)rare 自分の答えは(2)です。 人気があるショーのため、fewの「ほとんど~ない」という意味を使って、空席がほとんどないことを考えました。 2, It was so cold this morning that ( ) anybody went swiming. (1)all (2)almost (3)hardly (4)most 自分の答えは(3)です。 hardlyの「ほとんど~ない」という意味を使って、寒さのためスイミングに行った人が殆ど居ない状態だと考えました。 3, It was not ( ) tired for it was really an interesting book. (1)a little (2)too (3)all (4)at all 自分の答えは(4)です。 not at all「少しも~ない」という熟語を使って、「本を読むのに全く疲れなかった」という風に考えました。 4, There were very few, if ( ), people who actually saw what happened. (1)any (2)ever (3)many (4)not この問題は・・・解けませんでした。 文自体どの様な構造になっているか分かりません・・・。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

By 5 August the brigades of the 2nd Australian Division were exhausted and were to be relieved by the 4th Australian Division. While the relief was underway on the night of 5–6 August the Australians were subjected to an extreme bombardment, because the salient they occupied could be shelled by the Germans from all directions, including from Thiepval which lay to the rear. On the morning of 6 August, a German counter-attack tried to approach the O.G. Lines but was met by machine gun fire and forced to dig in. The bombardment continued through the day, by the end of which most of the 2nd Division had been relieved. From its twelve days in the line, the division had suffered 6,848 casualties.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

General Teodorescu ordered a redeployment of forces so that 9 battalions were to defend Sector I, 12 battalions Sector II, 2 battalions Sector III and 5 battalions Sector IV, while an additional 7 battalions remained in reserve. This order, however, reached the troops only in the morning and the units were not able to execute it. At around 4:30 am on 6 September the Bulgarian artillery again opened fire in sectors I and III. Men of the Bulgarian 4th division began crossing the large forest that separated the two main and secondary defensive lines. Aided by the powerful artillery preparation, the Bulgarian 7th and 31st infantry regiments advanced rapidly.

• 英語 長文の和訳を教えてください。

old negative stereotypes of the japanese that had been around since world war II were brought back and applied to the new economic context. they were sneaky. they said "yes" at a business meeting, but later said they were just thinking about it. they could not be trusted. they were ungrateful. they were hurting the american economy after the war and taking american jobs after americans had helped them to restart their economy after the war and protected it while it was growing. some americans actually believed that the japanese could only have success-fully competed with america by cheating. 国際/外国語

• 英語を日本語に

英語力をあげようと思い、本を翻訳していたのですが・・・。 どうしても理解ができません(汗) 誰か手伝っていただけないでしょうか?? Furthermore, it was argued that the new French government was much an opponent of Napoleon's France as were the victorious powers. そのうえ、これはフランスの新しい政府をビクトリアパワーは競い合う相手としました。 何か変ですよね(涙)そもそもこれは当たってますか?? 誰か助けてください(><)涙 お願いします☆

• as (reason / time)の文章について

as(reason/time)の勉強をしていますが、素朴な疑問がでましたので、教えてくださると助かります。 下記の文章を→のように変えることも可能ですか? as に関係なしに文法のルールがあるのでしょうか? それとも、asを使うときは、「してること」が先に「出来事」を後に書くというルールなどがあるのでしょうか? <Reason> (1)As it was a public holiday, all the shops were shut.   → All the shops were shut as it was a public holiday. (2)As they live near us, we see them quite often. → We see them quite often as they live neat us. (3)We watched television all evening as we had nothing better to do. → As we had nothing better to do, we watched television all evening. <Time> (4)Tim slipped as he was getting off the bus. → As Tim was getting off the bus, he slipped. (5)The thief was seen as he was climbing over the wall. → As he was climbing over the wall, the thief was seen. (6)As I sat down, the phone rang. → The phone rang as I sat down. → As the phone rang, I sat down. (意味が変わりそうですが。。) (7)As we were going out, it stared to rain. → It stared to rain as we were going out. → As it stared to rain, we were going out. (これも意味が変わりそうですが) もし、as以前に基本的な文法がわかっていないと思う場合は文法の何を勉強すればいいのか こちらのアドバイスも頂けると大変嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

When I was a kid I had this awesome SuperSonics hoodie. It was my favorite piece of clothing I owned and I wore it all the time. One Halloween, we were lighting off some fireworks. One kid shot a Roman candle at a light post and it bounced off, came right back down and landed in my hoodie pocket. Burnt a hole right damn through the whole thing. I looked for a new one but at that point the Sonics were gone(for those that don’t know Sonics were a Seattle NBA team that the douchebag Howard Shultz sold to out of towners for no reason). Fast forward many years and I’m walking through a shopping outlet and see my old hoodie! I buy it on the spot of course, it felt like being reunited with an old friend. A little while later I’m out for a jog in the hoodie, and while running on a path a protruded tree branch sticking out catches my hoodie pocket and rips it straight through. One kid shot a Roman candle at a light post and it bounced off, came right back down and landed in my hoodie pocket. Burnt a hole right damn through the whole thing. の和訳を教えてください。a protruded tree branch sticking out catches my hoodie pocket and rips it straight throughの訳も教えてください。protrudedとsticking outは何か違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文添削お願いします!

皆さんこんばんは。英文のチェックお願いします。Aramaki salmon is Japanese traditional food gift. It is salted and dried salmon that is given as gifts in new year start in Japan. It is delicious with a lot of fat at this time of the year. And also it was salted for preservation because long time ago, stores were closed at begining of new year. 新巻サケは伝統的な日本の贈り物です。 日本の正月にギフトとして贈られる塩漬けの乾燥サケです。この時期のサケは脂が乗っていてとてもおいしいです。昔はお正月にお店が開いていなかった為、また保存用として食べられていました。 おねがいします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I went to London, where I’d originally dreamed of riding a big red bus, catching a glimpse of Will and Kate, and cheersing full pints at the local pub. Instead, I found myself wandering down a trash-filled street, desperately trying to match up the address on my iPhone with the myriad gray buildings in front of me. I’d decided to explore a new profession while I was traveling. So, I was headed to a free (borderline-cheesy-looking) personal development seminar that Saturday morning. The rest of the people in the room were impressive, super-smart, and overly kind. Even more surprisingly, every single one of them were locals. 60 Londoners, and one traveling American—me. That’s when it dawned on me, while we all sacrificed our Saturday, to sit in a room full of strangers and “check out” a new potential passion— they were doing this in their hometown, without quitting their day jobs. Somehow, I missed the memo. 最後のmissed the memoはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします