• ベストアンサー

【英語】as was~節 について

ロシアのテロに関しての英文で、 The near-simultaneous crash of two airplanes last week, in which 90 people died, was blamed on Chechen suicide bombers as was an explosion by a Moscow metro station which killed nine. as以降が良くわかりません。そもそもasの後にすぐ動詞がくるとどうなるのでしょうか?私のこの文の解釈は「先週のほぼ同時に起こった2機の旅客機の墜落事故、90人死亡、はチェチェンの自爆テロリストが行ったとされる。asモスクワの地下鉄の駅の爆発、9人死亡。」???? ん? どなたか、このasの意図するところを教えてください。

• yos4
  • お礼率82% (634/771)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

文脈から考えて、 as an explosion was blamed on Chechen suicide bombers. となるべきところを省略、倒置が起こっているんだと思います(asは「~と同様」という意味の接続詞)。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

>The near-simultaneous crash of two airplanes last week, in which 90 people died, was blamed on Chechen suicide bombers as was an explosion by a Moscow metro station which killed nine. ほぼ同時に起こった、先週の2機の飛行機の墜落事故は 90人もの死者を出したが、チェチェン人の自爆テロリスト達の仕業とされている。 モスクワの地下鉄の駅での爆発事故も、9人の死者を出しているが、同様である。 という事だと思います。 >as以降が良くわかりません。そもそもasの後にすぐ動詞がくるとどうなるのでしょうか? SVの語順が逆になっているので倒置かと思われます。

参考URL:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/y-46/archives/912907.html

関連するQ&A

• 英文翻訳をお願いいたします。

For most of the war the Italian and Austro-Hungarian navies each kept a relatively passive watch over their counterparts. The Italian fleet lost the pre-dreadnought battleship Benedetto Brin, which exploded at Brindisi (27 September 1915); and on August 2, 1916, the Italian dreadnought Leonardo da Vinci exploded at Taranto, killing 249 of its crew. Reminiscent of the USS Maine, the events was widely reported in the Italian press, which immediately blamed Austrian or German saboteurs. The cause of the explosion was thought by others as having been unstable lignite, but the Italian counterintelligence later discovered an Austrian saboteur network, based in Zurich, which was responsible for the sinking of the two battleships.

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

A large number of German casualties were caused by the change in the wind direction and the decision to go ahead against protests by local officers, which were increased by British troops, who fired on German soldiers as they fled in the open. The gas used by the German troops at Hulluch was a mixture of chlorine and phosgene, which had first been used against British troops on 19 December 1915 at Wieltje, near Ypres. The German gas was of sufficient concentration to penetrate the British PH gas helmets and the 16th Division was unjustly blamed for poor gas discipline.

• 英語の文面の翻訳お願いします。

下の●●●は都合上伏せていますが、●●●の部分は作品タイトルです。 i saw ur ●●●.. um, actually, there's dis this ●●●... which is I can't really find.. i've been looking for it forever.. and i was wondering if you have these videos. It will be a great gratitude for you to upload it as well.. please.. im begging you.. thank you in advance.. 以上です。 翻訳機にかけたら何となくわかるのですが、それでも自分の解釈に自信がありません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。

• just as shocking was

Perhaps just as shocking was that Mr. Samuragochi was never deaf. 上記の文章の、前半部"Perhaps just as shocking was Mr. Niigaki’s assertion"の部分の構造がよくわかりません。訳とご解説お願いできませんでしょうか。as はどういう意味ですか? as shocking as that Mr. Samuragochi didn't write the songsとかですか? よろしくお願いします! http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/07/arts/music/renowned-japanese-composer-mamoru-samuragochi-admits-fraud.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

• 英語文の添削お願いします#一部だけでもありがたいです#

英語文の添削お願いします# 一部だけでもとてもありがたいです## ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 日本人の平均寿命が劇的に上昇した理由として以下のことが考えられる。 The following is motioned as the reason why a Japanese life expectation rose up dramatically. 1、子供の死亡率の大幅な抑制 1, the large decreasing of the death rate of the child 戦後栄養状態が良くなり、抗生物質の開発などによる感染症治療の進歩により特に乳幼児死亡率が激減したため。 It is because a nourishment state improved after the WW2, and the infants death rate decreased sharply by progress of the infectious disease treatment by the development of the antibiotic in particular. 2、青壮年期の死亡も減少 2, decreasing of the death rate for adult people 青壮年期での死亡の大きな原因となっていた結核の治療薬が開発されたこと。 A therapeutic drug of Mycobacterium tuberculosis, which is the big cause of the death have been developed. 3、40歳以上の、所謂生活習慣病による死亡者の減少。 The decreasing of the death those who is older than 40 years old by so-called lifestyle related disease 国民皆保険制度が導入され、誰でも容易に医療の恩恵を受けることが出来るようになった。 The health insurance was introduced to every nation, and anyone got to take a medical treatment easily. 現在65歳以上の人の将来の死亡原因となる疾患は、四大死因が三分の二を占める。 The diseases which will cause the death in the future for the people older than 65 years old are the four major cause of deaths, and two-thirds of the death is caused by them. 乳児死亡率が低減し、結核が克服された現在、生活習慣病の予防が最も重要な課題と考えられる。 Infant mortality decreases; Mycobacterium tuberculosis was overcome. now, the prevention of the lifestyle-related disease is regarded as the most important issue.

• 英語翻訳、できる方、どうかお願いします。

We note that you have provided only a partial reimbursement for this order. In this situation, a partial reimbursement is not appropriate because it does not address the cause for which this claim was filed. We would advise you to reimburse the buyer appropriately. Please let us know what the refund status is as soon as possible so that we may resolve this claim. Please note that failure to respond to this email within three business days may result in a debit to your Amazon.com account. 翻訳機を使わずできるかた、どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• asと、節の入れドコロについて。

「I found a huge variety of interpretations of the owl as I was research for the book ,even within the same culture.」という文がありました。 このasはwhenでも良いのでしょうか? 良いのだとしたら、asとwhenのニュアンスの使い分けはどのように行うのでしょうか。 そして後ろのeven以降の節はなぜ後ろに置かれたのでしょうか。情報の重要度でしょうか? owlの直後に、このeven以降の節を置いても構わないのでしょうか。

• ネイティブの方や英語が得意な方、お願い致します。

大学の英語の授業で1分前後のスピーチをするのですが、その英文(スピーチ原稿)の添削をしていただけないでしょうか。日本語の文章をできるだけ意味を変えず英語に訳したいと思っているのですが、自分では上手く訳せなかったため、訂正してくださるととても助かります。 大変申し訳ありませんが、どうかよろしくお願い致します!(>_<) ・和文 私は教育問題について話したいと思います。 皆さんはなぜいじめや自殺などの問題はなくならないのだと思いますか。 その原因は主に心にあると私は考えます。 現在、核家族化が進み、親族の死などの命に関わる場面にふれる機会が減ったことで、子どもたちが命の大切さを実感しにくい状況にあります。このことが、いじめや自殺などの問題に関連しているのではないでしょうか。 私自身、今までに一度だけ亡くなった方の顔を見たことがありますが、その時に、今まで漠然としていた「人の死」というものを初めて実感した気がします。 このような経験により、子どもたちは感性が豊かになり、人の気持ちを考えて行動するようになるのではないでしょうか。 それゆえ、これからの学校教育には、こうした命の大切さを実感できるようなプログラムを組み入れることが必要だと私は考えます。 ・英文 I will talk about the educational problem. Why do you think the problem of bullying and suicide has not been decreased? I think the major factor is individual mind. Nowadays,it is difficult for children to realize the importance of life as a result of the trend toward the nuclear family. I think that is relative to the problem of bullying and suicide. When I saw the face of a dead person before,I realize death which was only vague image ,for the first time. Such experience will make children sensitive and they come to consider the feelings of others. Therefore,I think the program of school education which children can realize the importance of life is necessary for them.

• (7)「大空のサムライSAMURAI!」の中の文章です。

(7)「大空のサムライSAMURAI!」の中の文章です。 日米開戦は1945年12月8日、中部太平洋では帝国海軍機動部隊によるPearl Harbor攻撃で幕が切って落とされましたが、南西太平洋では、時間差の関係で攻撃開始時間は遅れましたが、同日台湾駐留の帝国海軍の基地基地航空隊が、大挙して当時アメリカ領の米軍基地を長距離航空攻撃をしアメリカの航空兵力を一掃しました。(爆撃機を護衛する零戦の航続距離が大いに生かされました) 次の文章は、攻撃直前の航空偵察についての説明です。 The photographs of Clark Field shown to us clearly revealed thirty-two B-17 bombers, three medium-sized aircraft, and seventy-one small planes. The Navy estimated that on Luson there were some 300 combat planes, of all types, a figure which we discovered later was twice as high as the number of planes actually in the Philippines. 二つ目の文章の訳ですが、そう難しい文章とは思われないのですが (1)「海軍はルソンには様々なタイプの戦闘用の航空機が約300機いると見積もっていた。後に、その数値は実際にフィリピンにいた航空機の二倍であったと判った。」 (2)「海軍はルソンには様々なタイプの戦闘用の航空機が約300機いると見積もっていた。後に、実際にフィリピンにいた航空機は、その数値の二倍であったと判った。」 どちらになるのでしょうか。 教えてください。 the figureじゃなく、 a figureが気になっています。 よろしくお願いします。

• As I was eating

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/05/23/being-called-a-plain-jane/?ref=nyregion 上記サイトの最後の文章(下記)の和訳に関してです。 As I was eating the sandwich and watching people walk by, I thought that maybe it wasn’t so bad being a Plain Jane, that maybe there was something even mysterious about being a Plain Jane. But then I thought about how people also say that getting pooped on by a bird is good luck, and I laughed a little and took the last bite of the sandwich. 上記の部分は概略以下の様な感じで良いでしょうか。 適訳をお教えください。 新聞投稿者は「僅かな楽しいひと時をすごした」という事を伝えたかったのだと思っていいでしょうか。 「公園でサンドイッチを食べながら、人々が通り過ぎるのを観ていたとき、(通りがかりの人には)普通の地味な女に思われている、でも表には見えない何かがある、と見えるのだと私は思った。 しかし話かけてくれる人がいてが居て幸運だった。」 追記 理解し難い 熟語があり、ネット上でのような解説がありました。 pooped on by a bird 《be ~》〔人などが〕鳥にふんを落とされる[掛けられる] ((話))平凡な女. pláin-Jáne [形]((話))簡素な,地味な,飾りのない.