Funny Airline Stories: No Tickets, Just Chances

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A funny story about a peculiar airline that sells chances instead of tickets. Passengers elect a pilot and kiss the wing for luck. The plane can only take off if you have the exact change.
  • The airline has unusual practices, such as passengers chipping in for gas and the captain yelling at the ground crew to remove cows from the runway. When asked about crash frequency, the captain humorously responds, 'Just once.'
  • In a humorous twist, a man with a gun demands to be let off the plane. Despite the chaos, the planes have both a bathroom and a chapel for the passengers' convenience.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文についての質問です

You’ll Know It’s a No -Frills Airline If: They don’t sell tickets, they sell chances. All the insurance machines in the terminal are sold out. Before the flight, the passengers get together and elect a pilot. If you kiss the wing for luck before boarding, it kisses you back. You cannot board the plane unless you have the exact change. Before you took off, the stewardess tells you to fasten your Velcro. The Captain asks all the passengers to chip in a little for gas. When they pull the steps away, the plane starts rocking. The Captain yells at the ground crew to get the cows off the runway. You ask the Captain how often their planes crash and he sez, "Just once." No movie. Don’t need one. Your life keeps flashing before your eyes. You see a man with a gun, but he’s demanding to be let off the plane. All the planes have both a bathroom and a chapel. (Funny Stories and Jokes) 最後のオチの部分がよくわかりません。 飛行機がどのくらいの頻度で事故に遭うのか聞いていて、機長がかつて一度だけだよ、と答えている感じでしょうか? No movie. Don’t need one. Your life keeps flashing before your eyes. You see a man with a gun, but he’s demanding to be let off the plane. All the planes have both a bathroom and a chapel. の箇所がよくわかりません。 No movie. Don’t need one. ? 銃を持った男がでてきて、バスルームとチャペルを備えている飛行機、、、?? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

1。飛行機がどのくらいの頻度で事故に遭うのか聞いていて、機長がかつて一度だけだよ、と答えている感じでしょうか?     おっしゃる通りです。飛行機事故は何回も墜落しないので、一回だけと言っているのです。 2。No movie. Don’t need one. ?  映画はない。要らないのだ。 3。Your life keeps flashing before your eyes. (というのは死ぬ前に起こると言われる)一生の出来事が君の眼の前を走り抜けるからだ。 4。You see a man with a gun, but he’s demanding to be let off the plane. (西部劇の列車強盗によくあるように)銃を持った男が現れる、でも(金を出せと言っているのではなく)飛行機から降ろしてくれ、と言っているのだ。 5。最後のオチの部分がよくわかりません。   All the planes have both a bathroom and a chapel.  飛行機には全部トイレと(乗客はみんな死ぬわけだから葬式の)教会がついている。

r_llwqcxary
質問者

お礼

解説がとてもわかりやすかったです! ブラックユーモアですね。 教会がついている理由もなるほどです。 ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (2)

• koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

この話はオチがある様な話じゃなくて、飛行機に乗る体験を大袈裟に想像力巧みに書いている全体が面白いだろう?と言うことだと思います。 以下内容に則してかなり意訳を入れています。 こんなのいやだ。 - 虚飾航空のもしも:奴らは航空券を売るんじゃなくて、滅多にない体験売っている。ターミナルの全ての保険販売機は売り切れだ。フライトの前に乗客は一緒にパイロットを選ぶ。幸運を求めて乗る前に翼にキスをしたら、逆に翼がこっちに幸運を祈ってキスを返してくる。君がぴったり支払う小銭を持ってなければ飛行機に乗ることもできない。 離陸の前にスチュワーデスはベルクロみたいな紐を装着する様に行ってくる。機長は燃料代で小銭を払う様に頼んでくる。タラップが離れた時、飛行機はガクンガクンしだした。機長は地上スタッフに牛を滑走路から追い出せと叫ぶ。 君は機長によく飛行機は墜落するかたずね、機長は”たった一度だけだ”と答える。機内に映画は無い。でも必要ない。あなたの命がまさにキラキラと点滅しているだから。銃を持った男が現れるが、そいつは飛行機から降りる様に言う。全ての機体には便所と礼拝所が備わっているのだ。 飛行機に乗る時の誰でも持っている様ないやな経験をどれだけデフォルメしてすごく大袈裟に表現しているかと言うのが面白いのだと思います。アメリカの風刺的なコラムには良くあるパターンですが、いまいちかな。

r_llwqcxary
質問者

お礼

全訳してくださって、ありがとうございました!

• furamanko
  • ベストアンサー率27% (563/2053)
回答No.1

俺には分からない?? 翻訳すると You’ll Know It’s a No -Frills Airline If: They don’t sell tickets, they sell chances. All the insurance machines in the terminal are sold out. Before the flight, the passengers get together and elect a pilot. If you kiss the wing for luck before boarding, it kisses you back. You cannot board the plane unless you have the exact change. それはノーだとわかるだろう -フリルス航空なら チケットではなく、チャンスを売る。ターミナルの保険機は全て売り切れている 搭乗前に乗客が集まってパイロットを選ぶ 搭乗前に幸運のために翼にキスをすると、翼はあなたにキスをし返してくる。正確なお釣りがないと搭乗できません。 Before you took off, the stewardess tells you to fasten your Velcro. The Captain asks all the passengers to chip in a little for gas. When they pull the steps away, the plane starts rocking. The Captain yells at the ground crew to get the cows off the runway. 離陸前にスチュワーデスがマジックテープを締めるように指示します。機長は乗客全員にガソリン代を少しチップにするように言う。彼らがステップを引き離すと、飛行機は揺れ始めました。機長は地上の乗務員に牛を滑走路から離すように怒鳴りつけます。 You ask the Captain how often their planes crash and he sez, "Just once." No movie. Don’t need one. Your life keeps flashing before your eyes. You see a man with a gun, but he’s demanding to be let off the plane. All the planes have both a bathroom and a chapel. (Funny Stories and Jokes) 機長に飛行機が墜落する頻度を尋ねると "一度だけ "と答えた 映画はない 必要ない 君の人生は目の前で点滅し続けている 銃を持った男を見たが、彼は飛行機から降ろせと要求している。飛行機にはトイレとチャペルがある。 (楽しい話とジョーク) 最後のオチの部分がよくわかりません。 飛行機がどのくらいの頻度で事故に遭うのか聞いていて、機長がかつて一度だけだよ、と答えている感じでしょうか? No movie. Don’t need one. Your life keeps flashing before your eyes. You see a man with a gun, but he’s demanding to be let off the plane. All the planes have both a bathroom and a chapel. 映画はいらない。必要ない 君の人生は目の前で点滅し続けている 銃を持った男がいるが、彼は飛行機から降ろせと要求している。飛行機にはトイレと礼拝堂がある の箇所がよくわかりません。 No movie. Don’t need one. ? 映画はいらない。必要ない ?

r_llwqcxary
質問者

お礼

回答してくださってありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• この英文を訳してください。

この英文を訳してください。 If you want to escape from hectic schedule and need place to relax, look no further. Arima hot spring is the answer to all your needs. Satisfaction guaranteed. よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文の和訳

次の文を和訳して、解説して欲しいです。 When it’s you and me we don’t need no one to tell us who to be.

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

英語の和訳をお願いしたいです。 All I can be Have what we need What you've got to do is to give it your best shot Forget yesterday Now is everything Ignore cold eyes,yell at the top of your lungs So that the world hears No need to change,we're fine this way Just act on instinct, listen to your heart Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want If you are tired then why don't you rest There is no need to keep on running Burn your soul into these notes and verses Then this song will surely reach their ears No need to change,we're fine this way Just act on instinct, listen to your heart Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want You've made no mistake Call your own shots on right and wrong Don't pay attention to what they say Live your life the way that you want よろしくお願いします。

• 英文についての質問

以下の英文についての質問です。 I was flying from San Francisco to Los Angeles. By the time we took off, there had been a 45 -minute delay and everybody on board was ticked. Unexpectedly, we stopped in Sacramento on the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in thirty minutes. Everybody got off the plane except one gentleman who was blind. I noticed him as I walked by and could tell he had flown before because his seeing eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight. I could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him and, calling him by name, said, "Keith, we’re in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?" Keith replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs. Would you take him for me please?" Now picture this. All the people in the gate area came to a completely quiet standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a seeing eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses that day. People scattered not only trying to change planes but also trying to change airlines! 以下の箇所がわかりません。 *The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in thirty minutes. 45分遅延します、もし航空機を降りたいなら30分でまた戻って来てください、というような意味ですか? *3段落目のNow picture this. の意味がわかりません。 *The pilot was even wearing sunglasses that day.の意味するところがわかりません。パイロットはサングラスさえかけていた、、、 よろしくお願います。

• 英文和訳

和訳の間違いと空欄の部分を教えてください。 If you're a singer, sing. (歌手なら歌ってください。) If you're an accountant, manage money. (会計士なら、お金を管理してください。) Be proud of your talents and skills. (才能をスキルを誇ってください。) Learn to say "no." (Noということを学んでください。) Set limits on your time. (時間制限を決めてください。) Saying "no" is not being selfish. (“いいえ”ということは利己的ではありません) It can keep you from feeling angry for saying "yes" to things you don't want to do. () Take steps to move to ward what you want. () Make a phone call. (電話をかけてください。) Rewrite your resume. (レジメを書き直してください。) Arrange your closet. (物置を配置してください。) Take the first small step. (最初の小さいステップをとってください。) Don't wait until you feel like doing it. (それをしたいという気持ちを抑えないでください。) Just do it. (少しだけそれをしてください。) Create balance in your life. (人生においてバランスを造ってください。) Do you need to work fewer hours? (より少ない時間働く必要がありますか。) In-crease family time? () Maybe you need more social life. (たぶん、より社会的な人生が必要です。) Look at small ways to make changes. (変化を起こす小さい方法を見てください。) Give yourself a few minutes alone each day. () Take time to find your true spirit. (真実の心を見つけるのに時間をかけてください。)

• 英文を日本語に。

sometimes all you need is a hug from the right person and all your strees will melt away. これを日本語に訳してほしいです

• わからない英文が数個あります

下記の会話文にある、 "we need to present a united front" "you got a great bed side manner" "semblence of a life" の意味を教えてください。 動画- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRm9Nsn-dwQ&feature=related 1分41秒から。 Jimmy: Strong sedative huh Julie: Yeah, she needs to sleep and we need to talk. Look um Jimmy, you and I we need to present a united front. It's hard enough this forcing us to be in the same room together. Jimmy: Thanks Jules, you got a great, great bed side manner Julie: Calling the Cohens this morning was completely inappropriate. You know I don't like that Brian Jimmy: Ryan Julie: I don't want him anywhere near Marissa Jimmy:Marissa said it was an accident, ok there's-there's no one to blame Julie: well that's a convenient position to take considering you're the one who let her go to Tijuana in the first place Jimmy: Oh, so uh now it's my fault? Julie: You're the one who destroyed this family Jimmy, you lied to us, you stole money from your clients and your friends. Why do you think she took all those pills? Jimmy:You cannot honestly believe that Julie: I left her in your care for one weekend and look what happened...which is why I'm asking the judge for sole custody Jimmy: Julie, come on, you can't Julie: Getting the girls away from you is my only chance to give them back some semblance of a life, and if you fight me on this I'll take you to court and you'll be lucky if you even get supervised visitation Jimmy: Yeah well you're gonna have to because.I am not giving up my kids Julie: You may not have a choice. I'm going back to check on Caitlyn and the sitter. You should get cleaned up, you're a wreck

• 英文解釈です

この文章はアメリカのある修道女の中絶反対運動に関する発言ですが、中程にある And why would I think that you don’t? はどういう意味に取ったらいいでしょうか? don't の後の動詞が省略されていると考えば、どんな動詞くるのでしょうか? I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is.

• 英文歌詞の読み方

絶園のテンペストのOP曲「Spirit Inspiration」の英文歌詞の読み方をカタカナで書いて欲しいです よろしくお願いします Dig down inside Past all deception You move on with your fist And your legs Cover the wounds No one is laughing So make “now” your ally And leap before you look If you don’t trust the future Continue with that force What is left to learn now So do it And when I look there’s someone That’s running by my side Spirit inspiration No I can’t lose Being yourself Adding to knowledge A new self emerges I’m born again Don’t look behind Run far ahead now The past overlaps and Is bound to follow you No I won’t Go follow footsteps The stereotype is breaking down Dig inside Revealing naked heart Throw fear away And now farewell so long, so long so long… If you don’t trust the future Continue with that force What is left to learn now So do it And when I look there’s someone That’s running by my side Spirit inspiration Go get it

• メッセンジャーからのお知らせ???

普通にパソコンをしていると急にこんなメッセージが出てくることがあるんですけど THEBIGGESTから  YOU  へのメッセージ University Degree Program YOU’VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE No Degree No JOB! You don’t Qualify? What’s your Degree in? Where did you go to to school? ・ ・・・<省略> call(732)876-0391 なんでこうなったのか何なのかさっぱり分かりません!どなたか教えて下さい。うっとうしいし気持ち悪いです!