Husband's Habit of Picking up Hitchhikers

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My husband's habit of picking up hitchhikers
  • My concerns about my husband's habit of picking up hitchhikers
  • The dilemma of trusting strangers
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My husband is an incredible man, and has a huge heart. However, he has on several occasions picked up hitchhikers on the side of the road and given them rides to wherever they need to go. He thinks it it no big deal, and that it is, in fact, his duty to help people in need. This is my dilemma. I am much more wary of strangers and have heard countless horror stories over the years, which I feel back me up. He thinks I am being paranoid and cites that nothing bad has happened yet. I have forbidden him from doing this with our son in the car, but this has not stopped him from doing this with his young sister or his elderly grandmother with him. He even gave a ride to three men at once! Outnumbered! feel back me upはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、Outnumbered!はどう訳したら良いでしょうか?あと、・We were outnumbered more than two to one. : 相手の人数はこちらの2倍以上だった。https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=outnumber はなぜそのような訳になるのか教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.3

> なぜ backs me up とならないのでしょうか? I am much more wary of strangers and have heard countless horror stories over the years, which I feel back me up. ここでの、"back me up" の主語は、"which = countless horror stories" です。 つまり、「(過去に耳にした)何件もの残酷な出来事」です。 単純化すると、Countless horror stories back me up. になります。 主語の horror stories が複数ですから、動詞の back up も複数形になります。

corta
質問者

お礼

なるほど、ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

noname#234070
noname#234070
回答No.2

feel back me upを検索すればいい Outnumbered!を検索すればいい We were outnumbered more than two to one. を文法にのっとって訳せばいい

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"feel back me up" 「私(の主張)を裏付けてくれていると思う」 I am much more wary of strangers and have heard countless horror stories over the years, which I feel back me up. 赤の他人に対して私ははるかに用心深い上に、過去に何件もの残酷な出来事を耳にしており、こうした事件は私の主張を裏付けてくれている思うのです。 "Outnumbered!" 「多勢に無勢の状態!」 We were outnumbered more than two to one. ここには "by" を入れても良いと思います。We were outnumbered "by" more than two to one. "outnumber" は「数で凌駕する/数的優位を保つ」です。 We were outnumbered(私たちは凌駕された)more than(以上で)two to one(2対1) ⇒ 私たちは2対1以上で(相手に)凌駕された。 ⇒ 相手の人数はこちらの2倍以上だった。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。which I feel back me upはその訳によるとI feelが挿入された形でしょうか?もしその場合はなぜbacks me upとならないのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have been dating a wonderful guy for several years. He is a great partner, handsome, hard-working, and he cares a great deal about making me happy. My parents love him, too. I recently learned that his small business is paying several employees under the table, at the employees’ request. This has left me feeling confused and upset. I believed that he was a pretty ethical person, and, in his mind, he is doing a favor to his employees. In my mind, he is risking the company that he has worked so hard to build. paying several employees under the tableはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願いします!

意訳でも構いません。翻訳機だとおかしくなってしまい日本語になるように訳をお願いします。 His Jupiter falling in your first house, means that he will give you helpful advice and opinions based on his own experience and own private philosophy of life. But this may either mislead or be misinterpreted by you. He will take a benevolent interest in you., and his company will always put you in a good humor, you will feel at ease with this man. He will be generous and kind but will also encourage you towards extravagances that you might not can totally afford. During the course of the relationship he will gain a little weight and begin to look a little more prosperous. His clothing will become more expensive. He will make a bigger effort for you, because you are important are in his life. He may encourage you towards travel and embracing on extravagant adventures. The negative side of Jupiter in this house is he may make promises in your personal life that he cannot, or will not keep later. His Saturn falling in your first house can dampen the relationship and make it restrained. There is a degree of inhibition, or shyness, and felling of barriers between you, that are slow to come down. Trust will be build up, and caution is natural. In his life he has not been able to trust many people, because usually it is those closest to him, who have let him down or betrayed him in some way. His past has probably not always been so happy, and he carry’s the shadow of this with him in his character. So he has this chillness, this initial caution with people. Saturn in the first house usually means the relationship takes longer to move forward from stage to stage than you initial hope. Nothing can be rushed. He likes to make sure he is safe ground before he proceeded, both emotionally, and materially. He also has less self confidence than you expect him to have. In your chart there is a contradictory aspect. This is why it was uncertain of his height. I only say he is not gigantically tall, or outstandingly tall, but he is moderately tall. Not short, I don’t know why the aspect contradicts, but because it does it makes its difficult to analyze.

• コービーがハワードに対して語ったものです。どなたか

和訳をお願い致します! "I hope he [returns]," Bryant said. "It's just a matter of what he feels in his heart and what he wants to do. He kind of has reached a crossroads in his career. I think Los Angeles is a perfect spot for him to assert himself and put his foot down and have his career really take off and be what it should be. There is no better place for centers to be than Los Angeles. "I will talk to him. Bring him out to the house, chill with him a little bit and watch another cartoon movie or something. We'll have a good time."

• 翻訳をお願いします

翻訳を宜しくお願いします。 He has the ability to rise from the ashes of the past and makes use of the hard times in the strength of his character. He is loyal and faithfulness. H is capable of great devotion, whether it is to love, or to some enduring interest, cause, faith or lifework. He has the subconscious desire to build up in his life the things he feels were missing in his childhood. Thus if he had a poor childhood and a grim home, he will build wealth and luxury into his house. If he was lonely, he will seek to populate his life with acquaintances and call them friends. This, underlying desire to have what he never had in childhood and this will dictate many of his unconscious motives though he cannot see it. He is intuitive, with a need to express his feelings to someone special. If he allows his intuition to guide him he can do well. Works best under stress, or demand, when he doesn’t have time to think or plan, as his impulsive and quick intuitive decisions are better than his carefully thought out ones. t H His weakness is he allows unrealistic dreams to blunt his perception of the reality he faces.

• よろしくお願いします

I found out several months ago that my fiancé of four years was addicted to synthetic marijuana and had been for nearly one year. He gets it illegally from the corner store using his credit card and has racked up hundreds and hundreds in debt. I called his parents and they took him home for two weeks to get clean and be in a supportive environment away from the drug. He has also been seeing an addictions counselor. He came back to me and all appeared to be fine until this weekend when I found him high again. I asked to see his credit statement and found that he had been doing it since he returned on a daily basis. Last night he asked me to drive him to a halfway house and I guess that is where he will live for a while in order to finally kick the habit. The thing is, we have been planning our wedding in May. We’ve already spent thousands on deposits and a honeymoon. hundreds and hundredsとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、ここでのdepositsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I think to myself that maybe this is his favorite machine in the gym, so that is why he has come right to it.

• よろしくお願いします

The thing is, I've tried to have honest conversations with him about this before and he gets despondent and somewhat offended, saying things like, "You really think I'm gay?" with his sad puppy eyes. Of course I try to explain to him that sexuality is a spectrum and there's nothing wrong with having attractions to other genders (or your own), but he doesn't like to hear it. It makes him uncomfortable. I don't want to push or pry or anything. I've only brought it up a handful of times and I can take a hint when I should drop the conversation. It just makes me kind of sad that he thinks that way. Like he's repressing a part of himself because of his own judgments, and he deals with it with a cocktail of coping mechanisms that seem clear as day to me: projection, sublimation, displacement—you name it, he's rockin' it. 1 sexuality is a spectrumはどのような意味でしょうか? 2  take a hintはどのような意味でしょうか? 3 he's rockin' itはどのような意味でしょうか? よろしくお願いします

• 英語の文法ミス指摘してください

I like this story because there are many points, which makes me thinking about what human-being happiness is many times. Even though, Robert has a physical disability, he enjoys his life more than me. He did not imply negative contents of his physical disability. On the contrary, he has great pride in himself. For example, when the wife offered him to move his staff to his room, he said, “it can go up when I go up”. He declined her gentle offer because he wanted to do whatever he could do it by himself because of his pride. Also, he alway tries enjoying his life. When the husband offers blind man to smoke together, he accepts that offer, and he said, “There is a first time for everything”. Although it was a first time to smoke, He didn't to hesitate to do it. He likes doing new challenge, which is worth doing. That is why he enjoys his life.

• 翻訳をお願いします!

どなたか翻訳をしていただけないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。 He is patient, dedicated, methodical in all he does. Very excellent in his work and ways, and will gain renown in his own field of life Likes to feel he has a purpose He has strong forebodings which do not materialize. However he does seem ambitious to advance himself, to get a better life, or to become free of difficulties. He is interested in the attaining of intellectual knowledge and while he uses it to help others he is idle or impractical or unassertive in using it to help himself, and advances very little in life, He could be parasitic, wasteful or carried by others. For he doesn’t seem to get personal power or position despite his high intelligence. Ends up doing what others want him to, or else evading and shipping out. He has a sense of duty but doesn't like responsibility. A passive dreamy nature. He is a clever and spiritual man. He is sympathetic and imaginative. Kind and generous. But escapist, never satisfied with life and prefers to retreat or escape from the realities of it in one way or another. Thus he has a weak side to his character that may need strengthening if he is to make the most of his opportunities in life. He is mildly mediumistic and may be interested in psychic and occult subjects. An uncommon person, spiritually inclined, mystical and yet well accepted.

• よろしくお願いします

I found myself extremely upset after reading a friend’s Facebook post recently, in which he admitted to taking a belt to his 2-year-old daughter in the hopes that it’ll teach her to sleep through the night. I find this behavior completely abhorrent. At 2 years old, a child barely knows right from wrong, and if you admit to striking your daughter with an object once, who says you won’t do it again? I’ve since deleted this friend from my Facebook and told my husband (who is also his friend) that I’m refusing to socialize with him. I have two dilemmas now as a result: The first is that my mom is urging me to report him to his local authorities for child abuse. How do I even do this, and am I obligated to? My husband doesn’t want me to because he doesn’t think the authorities will do anything about it, and this guy thinks that what he did was completely acceptable. (He and my husband talked and had to agree to disagree—he told my husband he used a cloth belt and not a leather one, and that’s why it’s OK.) My second dilemma is that this guy is the best friend of my husband’s best friend, and when gatherings are planned, this guy is always invited. I worry that if I’m forced into a social situation with this man, I’m going to tell him exactly what I think, and it won’t be pretty. I also don’t want to make it awkward for my husband and his other friend, and I don’t want to be a witch about things, but this is an absolute zero tolerance for me. it won’t be prettyとwitchはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします