Uninvited Guest Causes Dilemma at Daughter's Birthday Party

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A mom RSVP'd for her child and two others, including a boy who was not invited.
  • The uninvited guest is a boy that the birthday girl doesn't play with because he's 'too wild.'
  • The mom used email to RSVP, raising questions about proper etiquette.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

We let our daughter choose six friends to invite to her upcoming 6th birthday party at a paint-your-own-pottery studio. I used an online invitation that shows everyone the guest list so that it is clear the whole class was not invited. Nonetheless, one of the invitee’s moms just RSVP’d by email for her child and two others, one of whom is also in their class but was not invited. If it were a party at my house or a park, there would be no issue, but my daughter carefully curated her limited guest list, and the uninvited guest is a boy my daughter doesn’t play with because he’s “too wild.” ここでのRSVPはreplyと同意でしょうか?あと、ここでのcurateの意味を簡単に説明してください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。ここでのRSVPはreplyと同意でしょうか?  はい、おっしゃる通りです。 2。あと、ここでのcurateの意味を簡単に説明してください。  (無造作に選んだのではなく、細心の)注意を払って選んだ、と言う意味でしょう。  もともと cura pastoralis にあるように、羊飼いが羊の世話をするように「注意深く」牧師は信徒に当たるべきだと言う6世紀の法王などの言葉を踏んでいます。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 昨日誕生だったという文を英語にすると

友達が「It was a 10th birthday of my daughter yesterday」という文をブログで書いてました。 「へーそんな言い方あるんだー。私ならYesterday was my daughter's 10th birthday.または She turned 10 years old yesterday.にするなー。」新しい表現なのでゲットしようと思いその前に友達のアメリカ人に聞いたところit's weird.と言われ My daughter had her 10th birthday yesterday.と直されました。 この文は誕生日が昨日だったという事実を伝える時だけ(誕生日パーティーはしない)の時でも使えますか。 検索したらI had my son's 11th birthday at... という例文が出てきました。この場合はatがあるのでhaveはパーティーを開催するのhaveですよね。atがあるかないかで違うのでしょうか? それとも2つの文は主語と目的語が同じ文と違う文なのでそもそも違う文なのでしょうか? それとit was....の文はおかしいですか?

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I recently lost my wife after many years together. It was an amazing marriage, and I miss her immensely. I am looking to find a companion. The problem is, my daughter is not in my corner on this issue. not in my cornerは「賛成していない」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• gift grab

Our daughter's classmate has a July birthday. Her parents always organize a birthday party for her shortly after school is in session, when all of her friends are around. The invitations never state to not bring a gift. My take is that this is nothing more than a gift grab for their daughter to maximize what she gets. gift grabとは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My sister-in-law of 27 years, like her own sister and, to a lesser extent, my husband, have serious food fussiness. I think it’s a combination of lack of exposure—MIL is not a great cook—and diagnosed OCD, but whatever it is, it’s challenging. My husband has grown by leaps since we first met and now eats everything with gusto. But sis was just here, and even though I went to extraordinary lengths to cater to her, she still went to the grocery and then produced an alternative dessert at the table after I served her favorite ice cream—homemade. My husband was horrified and scolded her, I was stunned, but she just shrugged and said she got what she wanted. Producing alternative dishes at family dinners was not how I was raised, and I think this woman is a boor, but am I jerk for wanting to ban her from my table? grown by leapsは「飛躍的に成長した」でしょうか?あと、ここでのproduceの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• catch herself

My mother-in-law, "Linda," has been calling my daughter Tootsie as a nickname since the day she was born. I have no idea where this nickname came from but it drives me crazy. I have asked her to call her by her given name so she is not confused as she grows older and to avoid possible ridicule from classmates down the road. She tried to catch herself at first but now continues to call her Tootsie even with gentle reminders. ここでのcatch herselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• off at a university

My daughter is 19. Her boyfriend is 18. Over the summer, they were busted for smoking marijuana in her car. The officer gave them the option of letting just one of them take the fall. My daughter volunteered; I considered this a very bad decision. If this gets on her record she will lose her financial aid and college will be, if not impossible, very, very hard. Her boyfriend, however, comes from a very well-heeled family. Regardless, she said that she would take the citation and he would pay the fine. Well, the case has now been heard and it was plea bargained down to a lower offense, but it comes with probation and $700 in costs/attorney's fees. Her boyfriend has paid her $200. She says she is fine with that. I am NOT fine with that. He's well-off. She is broke, and is working while going to a local college. He's off at a university, and I think she's worried that if she makes a big deal about this, he'll reconsider the relationship. off at a universityはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have a 1-year-old daughter. On my days off, I like to try to get together with my friend, Stacey, a stay-at-home mom, and her 2-year old daughter and 1-year-old son. About a month ago, I accepted an invitation to her house and took my daughter to play with her children. My daughter had a head-cold—runny nose, occasional cough. I didn’t think it was a big deal since I would still have taken her to day care had it been a day that I was working. had it been a day that I was workingの意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 英語のメール

ペンパルからのメールです。 自分のペット(犬とねずみ)の話なのですが、詳しく教えてください。 英語圏の人ではないので、よくスペルミスをする人なのですが、たぶん間違いだろうと思うところは直しました。 I have a dog and a rat. I know You may not like rats, but this one is different - he's very clean animal- just like cat. I did not planned to have a rat, but after my dog was operated ("Ruda" - ルダ - redhead, because she's redhead like a fox) she changed a lot. My dog became very pessimistic, started to think about life and death. All i want to say is that i felt like i lost my dog- she was staring at the window day after day. So to help her with her depression i gave her little rat to raise. That moment changed everything. Now they are good friends, rat fall asleep laying on her back:). They are both great and they make my parents laugh what is important.  Well i planned to put a cat between them, but my dog did not agree it:).