友達とのランチで気になった一文とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 友達とのランチで一つの疑問が浮かびました。
  • どうして友達はチップの書き込み欄を空白のままにしたのでしょうか?
  • その理由を知りたいと思い、こんな質問をしました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

The other day, I was out for lunch with a woman I recently became friends with. At the end of the meal, we asked the server to split the check 50-50. He brought us our receipts. I was waiting for my friend to finish using the pen, and I wasn't trying to peek, but I noticed she'd left the tip line blank. left the tip line blankとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

left the tip line blankとはどのような意味でしょうか?  「チップの金額を書き込む欄を空白にしていた」>「チップをいくら払うか書いてなかった」>「チップは私に全部払わせた。」(あのドケチばばあ)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 意味がよくわかりません。

I was you time with your friend today? というメールがきましたが・・今日友達といた?って 聞きたいのでしょうか? それと弁当を簡単に表現すると a lunch boxとa box lunchとどちらの方がいいの でしょうか?ネットで検索すると両方とも沢山使われて います。boxed lunchやpacked lunchの方がよりいいの でしょうが、受け身を教わってなので、まだ使えません。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I got involved with who I thought was a great guy. He lived in a different city but worked often in mine. We had great chemistry, great times together, and I was honestly falling in love with him until I discovered he was a lying, cheating dirtbag. He left his “family” cellphone out to charge. The screen picture was him with his wife and kids. He left his “family” cellphone out to charge.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Recently, while visiting my friend “Nancy,” I was chatting with her while she put away dishes from the dishwasher. At one point I noticed that she’d left a cupboard door open, so I helpfully closed it. She then turned around with her arms full of plates, for some reason expected the cabinet door to be open, and clumsily dropped some of the dishes. I honestly thought she was done in that cupboard and helped her clean up the mess. she was done in that cupboardとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I was divorced for 10 years, and am now remarried. Four months after we said I do, my first husband left me (on Valentine's Day!) without a word. It was out of character for him not to come home, and I was so worried I reported him to the police as a missing person. If that wasn't enough, he left me owing the power and water bills, and our rent was three months behind. owing the power and water billsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I was picking up food at a restaurant for lunch the other day, and I found my pen hovering over the "tip" line on the receipt for an awkward few moments. I'm never sure how much to leave when I get takeout. What's the standard tipping etiquette? And while we're on the subject, how much should you tip the pizza guy? I don't want to be cheap, but I don't want to leave more than is necessary. more than is necessaryは文法的にどうなっているのでしょうか?isの主語が何か省略されているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の解釈について質問です。 以下の文でto be thought o

英文の解釈について質問です。 以下の文でto be thought overの部分の意味がよくわかりません。 Once upon a time, lunch in Europe was a meal to be enjoyed. The midday meal was an occasion to be thought over, (to be) shared with friends and colleagues, (to be) savored, and (to be) taken over two or three hours. (to be )shared with 以下については、『機会(食事)を友人や同僚と共有したり、機会(食事)を味わったり、機会(食事)を2、3時間とる』という関係性であることはわかるのですが、to be thought overについては、think an occasion overで『機会(食事)を熟考する』でいいのでしょうか?  think overのイメージがよくわかりません。 もしくはここのoverはover coffeeのようなoverととらえるのでしょうか?(それでもよくわからないのですが…) よろしくお願いします。

• cordialの意味

I hit it off with a woman who I knew was moving out of the country. Our time together lasted only a few weeks. Though the time was short, we shared a really special connection and I’ve been left with memories that will stay with me forever. The last night she was in town, I met her family and we all went out for dessert together. She gave me a really sweet kiss in the car as we said good night. We didn’t spend the night together, but in the morning I was the last person she saw before she left town for good. I gave her a handwritten card that expressed how happy I was that we met and that I wanted to keep in touch and keep getting to know her. She didn’t read the letter that morning, and I felt her energy was cold. We hugged, but didn’t kiss goodbye. Since then, her communication with me has been cordial and mostly superficial. I’m a little blown away by how emotionally and physically intimate we had been for it to suddenly turn so cordial/superficial, literally overnight, without any major incident (besides her move) to provoke the change. cordialはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?辞書にある意味ではないと思うのですが。よろしくお願いします

• get toの意味

8:45 p.m. — Back to my condo. It's dinnertime for all the pets, and beer time for me and my coworker-friend. Luckily, another friend brought over a bunch of beer earlier in this week, and I still have lots left over. Coworker and I get to talking about upcoming concerts. ここでのget toの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I was at a friend's wedding and introduced myself to the groom's father. Because I was carrying something in my right hand, I extended my left hand. I'm no dead-fish guy, but the lobster's grip was so tight it crushed my ring into my finger, causing a bruise. dead-fish guyとlobster's gripの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような違いがあるでしょうか

I'm a college sophomore. Recently, I baby-sat for a friend of a friend who is a few years older and lives in town with her husband and two kids. One was an infant, and the other was a toddler. It was a relatively easy baby-sitting gig; the little one mostly just slept, and the older one, though a bit of a handful at times, was not too much trouble. I watched them for about three hours while the parents went on a date. At the end of the night, the mom and I chatted for a few minutes. Then she said, "Well, it would be tacky to pay you, so I'll just take you to lunch sometime." I felt awkward and said, "Oh, OK. Sure." I wasn't sure what else to say. I got my things and left. It's not as if she and I were friends; this was my first time meeting her. my first time meeting herはmy first time to meet herとは言えないでしょうか?両者はどのような違いがあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします