How to Overcome Exclusion and Misunderstanding

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Feeling excluded and misunderstood has been a constant struggle for me. Whenever I speak up, people seem to judge me and distance themselves from me. It's frustrating because I used to share my experiences and connect with others, but now it's all about status and superficial conversations. I've faced social upheavals where certain women would gossip about me and manipulate others to shun me. I want to know how to change this and be accepted for who I am.
  • Experiencing exclusion can be disheartening, especially when it feels like people judge and reject you based on superficial criteria. I used to speak passionately and authentically about my experiences, but as I got older, the conversations became more focused on status and conformity. I've faced social upheavals where certain women felt threatened by my nonconformism and actively tried to eliminate me from social groups. I want to know how to change this dynamic and be valued for my true self.
  • The struggle of feeling excluded and misunderstood has been a constant presence in my life. When I express myself, I notice people reacting with judgment and distance. It's disheartening to see how conversations have shifted from genuine connection to superficial inquiries about status and occupation. Over the years, I have experienced social upheavals where certain women felt threatened by my nonconformist nature and resorted to gossip and manipulation to isolate me. I am at a loss for what to do to change this pattern and regain a sense of acceptance and belonging.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのように訳したらいいでしょうか

(誰も私を好いてくれないという文脈)Anytime I speak out loud, I see people get a look on their face like “This woman has something wrong with her.” I used to speak passionately about my everyday experiences and how I related to the world, but after I turned 29 that talk became unacceptable, every conversation is now “Who do you know?” and “What do you do?” I have had several major social upheavals over the last 20 years where it seemed one sort of “alpha” type of woman would feel annoyed by my nonconformism, or threatened by me, and she would eliminate me from the crowd with gossip and manipulation, to the point where entire groups of people would shun me. I don’t know what to do to change this. I am excluded because I don’t seem to have the correct tone, or my humor is terrible, or my job doesn’t sound cool, or I’m just sort of dull to talk to. social upheavalsとthe correct toneはどのように訳したらいいでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5368)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

upheaval は、地震とか火山噴火とか、日常生活を引っくり返すような大変動のことですが、 social upheaval は 「社会変動」 で、自然災害のみならず、戦争や革命などによって、それまでの生活が一変するような状況のことが考えらえます。 ただし、ここでは social upheaval という語を比喩的に用いているように思われます。すなわち、語り手の人生における大変動というわけで、個人的なレベルにおいてですが、それまでの生活が一変するような出来事など。ただし、具体的にどういうことがあったのかは述べられていません。 カタい文章ではないようなので、ぐっとくだけた和訳にしてもいいかも。たとえば、「20年の間にはいろんな大変なこともあったんだけど、自分をマトモな人間だと思ってるような人からすれば、わたしが世間からズレている人間だと思ったり、危ない人間に見えたりして、あらぬウワサを流したり嫌がらせをしたりして、仲間はずれにしようとするの。こんな状態から抜け出すにはどうしたらいいのかしら?」 みたいな感じに。 また、correct tone という語も、もちろん 「正しい音程」 のような意味で用いているわけでないのは明らかです。ここでは、たとえば下記の辞書に出ていた "the general mood or main qualities of something" というのに近い気がします。つまり、「周囲に合わせようとする姿勢」 のようなもの。「周りに合わせようとしないとか、ひとりだけが面白がってたりするとか、従事している仕事がダサいとか、話しかけても面白い反応が返ってこないとか、そんなこんなで受け入れてもらえないみたい」 のような感じだと思います。

参考URL:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/tone
corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

social upheavalsは文字通り訳すと、「社会の大混乱」となるのですが、これは書き手が味わった人との付き合いの中での大きな問題と言う意味だと思います。直後の、 where it seemed one sort of “alpha” type of woman would feel annoyed by my nonconformism, or threatened by me, and she would eliminate me from the crowd with gossip and manipulation, to the point where entire groups of people would shun me. 「一つのアルファタイプの女性が私が同調しないことにうんざりしたり、私に怯えたりして、彼女が私を仲間から外して、噂を立てたりごまかしているような状況で」とあるので、social upheavalsは社会生活の中で、突然落とし込まれた辛い経験のようなことを言っていると思います。 the correct tone は文字通り、「正しい調子」。 この文全体的に厄介なのは、そもそもが社会の中で話し方、会話、話題などが人と違って大人として阻害されている(と思っている)人の話なので、自分が社会一般から外れていらしいけど何をどう直したら良いのかわからないわけで、この人が書いていることを読む人がちゃんと理解できるかどうかもわからない。 そんな中で、普通の人と同調できる喋り方、態度がthe correct toneだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 訳と、この場合の返し方

メールをしている相手からこのような文が入ってきました。彼はどんんあタイプがすきといっているのですか?すべてが訳せなかったので教えてください。自分なりに理解したのは素直な人が好きで、いいときも悪いときも一緒にいてくれる人というところです。それと、最後could you....の部分は特に意味はないとおもうのですが、このような文章にはどのような返事をすればいいのでしょうか?例えば英語で教えてください。I like a woman who is very honest and loyal to her man. I don't like head games, so I dont play them. Ilike a woman who can be there for me in good and bad times. Understand me and let me be me and except me in good and bad times a woman who is nit judgemental. I am a man who takes care of home. I believe in taking my lady out to a dinner a movie or just for a walk or something she likes to do. I cook for her. Rub her feet and wash her body and share my thoughts dreams. I want a woman i can call my own. Grow with her untilthe end of time. COuld you be this woman

• よろしくお願いします

I am unemployed, am in my 40s and have seizures. I have had two disability counselors recommend that I enroll in Social Security Disability Insurance. My stubborn parents are obsessed with my finding a job and afraid that my enrolling in Social Security would give me the money needed to move out and be the end of active employment searches. be the end of active employment searchesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’m a 25-year-old woman getting married in the summer. My mother is very old-fashioned and proper, and does not believe in sex before marriage. She also believes that my husband and I are virgins and will remain that way until our wedding night. Both of us have been sexually active since high school! My older sister told me that my mom is planning on giving me a sex talk and explaining how everything works and “how to please a man” before my wedding. I would like nothing less than to listen to my mother explain sex to me, would like nothing less than toはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My father is an alcoholic who abused me verbally, emotionally and physically during my childhood. I spent most of my 20s in the care of an excellent therapist and have a stable job, a good husband, and two sweet dogs. I’m happy to have left my painful childhood in the past, where it belongs. I opted to maintain a cordial yet distant relationship with my father rather than confront him or cut him out. I dictate the terms of our relationship and see him once or twice a month. My father hates this; he complains regularly that I don’t visit him enough and constantly tries to get me alone to bully me. What do you think, Prudie? Is my “cordial cool” stance the right one? Should I let him have it? Or is it enough that I even still speak to this man? 1 I’m happy to have left my painful childhood in the past, where it belongs.の訳を教えてください。 2 ここでのcordialは「友好的な」で良いでしょうか? 3 dictate the terms of our relationshipの意味を教えてください。 4 let him have itの意味を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am also constantly paranoid that people are talking about me, which I have found out that they do, and often. They say things such as, "She doesn't deserve to be part of (specific group here)." My crush's best friend is the leader of most of these things. I care way too much about what people think about me. This also has lead to me thinking badly about myself. They think about me as lesser than them, I think that too. I actually start to speak up, or be myself, I do/say something stupid, and then I go back into my shell. I am constantly beating myself down with my thoughts. What do I do? think aboutをthink ofに変えるとどうニュアンスが違ってくるでしょうか?あと、They think about me as lesser than themの訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• これ和訳出来る方いらっしゃいますか?

これ和訳出来る方いらっしゃいますか? 会話文の一節です。 About 25 percent of time, then, I 'm out traveling around meeting with customersーEurope, Asia and that sort of helps me think, okay do we have the right priorities? What are people responding well to? And what would they like to see us do better?

• 日本語訳をお願いしたいです

I am studying japanese by my own sometimes coz i watch animes all the time wwww Do you? I kown some japanese word but i can't make it to a sentence…no gramma lol How about i try to speak it and you correct me haha iidesuga wwwww? 上記のみが送られて来て自分でも訳したのですが、いまいち文法が分からないのでお願いします!

• 意味がわかりません

I do perfectly okay dear..and how is life over there with you..I would love to know you more better Queen of my heart...tell me little about yourself.. 私は完璧にやっています。あなたのことをもっと知りたい。私にあなたのことを話して って言ってるんですか?

• 私にとって難しいのですが、続けなければと思っています。今日も添削をお願いします。

Hi, Everyone, as I said yesterday I played golf. Next time I come here, I will write about it. Today, I will write about my feeling. 今日も、よろしくお願いいたします。 Hi, My Crystal! As you know, I want to learn and I want to speak English when I get a chance to go to US someday. Everyday I say it to me in my heart. What do you think about my dream? These days I am feeling it is so hard to me. Of course, when I see you I do to do my best. And I am thinking I want to see you everyday. When I am with you, I speak only English. I can’t speak well, but I feel comfortable to talk with you. Crystal, what do you think about my English? Did you get my feeling in English? I hope you get my feeling. Well, I have to clean up my room. I want to be with you more and more. But I say to you “Ciao for now, My Little Sweet crystal!”

• 英語 添削をお願いします

ちょっとした、ジョークを考えなくてはいけません。文法もですがおかしいところを直して教えていただけると助かります。よろしくお願いします。 One day an old woman came and spoke to me in French. I said to her in French with confidence. 『Je'ne parle pas de Francais』 She smiled and told to me in French more and more. This time, I got good luck and bad luck. Good luck is this. She understood my French. Bad luck is this. She didn't understand my feeling. Because the meaning of that sentence is I cannot speak French.