• ベストアンサー

英文の訳をお願いします。

(1)It’s a shame you couldn’t keep one of the Bremont watches, they are beautiful. (2)They’re more ’60s suits, different cut, not as fitted.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

(1) あなたが、あの美しいブレモント時計の中のひとつを確保できなかったのは残念です。 (2) それらは60年代のあつらえ以上の物で、異なるカットとしつらえ品では無い物です。 (1)のポイントはshameをどう訳すかですが、何故か辞書で引くと恥ずかしいとか恥とかが最初の出てくるのですが、アメリカなどで使われるときには”残念だ””悔しい”みたいな意味が多いです。すごく気がすすまなかったことを、あきらめて譲ったようなときに、アメリカ人の親しい人から”That's a shame" 「それは残念だ」と慰めの言葉をかけられますが、決して「それは恥だ」と言う感じではないです。

tanktank22
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

So you can see why I believe that Americans are obsessed with time. All of the Americans I know have wristwatches, but many of my Latino friends don't regularly wear one.I don't, Americans are always setting their watches, making sure the time is 'exact.' I once heard two American students arguing about what time it was.One said, 'It's 3:45.' The other said,'No,It's not! It's 3:48, you idiot!'That's how Americans think about time.It's the most important thing in their lives. People do think about time differently after all.It seems to me,thought, that the American and Latino students do everything they're supposed to do.They work and study about the same amount. But the Latinos don't feel as pressured by time as the Americans do. It's no wonder that Americans are so stressed out.

• 英文

1.日本は天然資源の乏しい国である。私たちは資源の大切さを知り、無駄遣いしないように心がけなければならない。 Japan is very poor in natural resources. We should keep in mind how important they are and sholud not waste them. 2.自然破壊が叫ばれる今日でも、日本の国土の3分の2以上は森林であり、日本は世界有数の森林の多い国である。 Recently, we have paid attention to deforestation, but more than two thirds of Japan is forest and Japan is one of the most forested countries. 3.多くの点で人はどこでも同じです。しかしながら土地が異なれば、言語も習慣も違います。 People are the same in many ways, but different areas have different languages and customs. 今まで見えにくかったと思いましたのですぐ下に書くことにしました。まず文意が正確に伝わるか見ていただき(おおよそ○×の判断)、あとはどんなことでも構いませんのでご指摘お願いします!

• 英文の訳を助けてください!

この英文をどう訳していいか困ってます・・ You're not one of my boys You can't get inside my mind I'm not one of your girlfriends Who's gonna see it from your side What you lay on the table Well I choose to keep inside 文の意味は大体分かるのですがぴったりな日本語が思いつきません・・・ こちらのリンクの第5段落です http://www.metrolyrics.com/written-all-over-my-face-lyrics-kris-allen.html

• 英文訳をお願いします

英訳お願いします>< (1)To form a society individuals must be related in a certain manner. For instance,if people do not communicate with each other, if they are perpetually in aggressive physical combat if they do not cooperate with each other, and do so routinely over a period of time,then their interactions are not social and they don`t constitute a society. (2)The fact that animals lose their knowledge of things as time goes by,and consequently their interest in them,accounts for their absurd behavior in many situations. They constantly interrupt one line of action to do something else,and they may come back to the first activity or forget it altogether . Human beings, on the other hand,thanks to language, are able to pursue one purpose or act in relation to a principle or to an ideal over long periods of time. お願いします

• 英文の訳を訳していただけませんか。

英文の訳を訳していただけませんか。 この英語の訳を教えてください。 一応参考程度になればと、エキサイト翻訳で訳した訳を一緒に載せておきます。 その日本語文を訂正していただけるだけでも構いません。 While by international standards Japanese couples are not well matched, it seems that a major factor keeping couples together is low expectations. 国際的な基準からすると日本人のカップルはよく合わせられていませんが、カップルを団結させる重要な要因が、低い期待であるように思えます。 The advantage of marriages based on low expectations is that they can stand up to shock more easily, if a couple discovers that they have little in common, and even if they don't like each other, they still might not seek a divorce. 低い期待に基づく結婚の利点は、より容易にショックまで立つことができるということです、カップルが、少ししか共通でなく、またお互いが好きでなくても、彼らがまだ離婚を求めていないかもしれないと発見するなら。 In America, however, couples in such a situation would be quick to divorce. しかしながら、アメリカでは、そのような状況におけるカップルは離婚するのが迅速でしょう。 Thus, it may not be that Japanese families survive because husbands and wives love each other more than American couples do, but rather because they love each other less. したがって、自分達がむしろそれほどお互いを愛していなくて、夫たち,妻たちがアメリカ人夫婦がそうするよりお互いを愛しているので、日本人家族が生き残るということでないかもしれません。 Another important factor folding Japanese couples together is the sense of shame. 日本人のカップルを一緒に折り重ねる別の重要な要素は、恥の感覚です。 As a result, even those who find themselves desperately unhappy might not separate because they strongly feel it would not be honorable if they so. したがって、自分達が、それがそうしないと強く感じているので、結果、気付くと絶望的に不幸なものさえ分離しないかもしれないように、それらであれば立派にしてください。 There seems to be a change nowadays though with respect to younger people. もっとも、変化はこの頃は、若者達に関して見えるでしょう。 Because they seem to focus their lives more on the family than on work, they more often consider love to be important for a good marriage. 彼らが、仕事より家族に彼らの人生の焦点を合わせるように思えるので、それらは、よりしばしば素晴らしい結婚に、愛が重要であると考えています。 ちなみに、私は学生時代のとき英語をまじめに勉強しなかったので、さっぱり分かりません。 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

Ordinary robts perform special tasks only in limited areas. Robots are different-they are designed to work together with people. Workers must still supply some force when working with an robot, but they can do so in greater safety. It is easy for workers to push objects directly in form of them. However , when moving heavy objects aside, workers must stretch and turn , which places terrible stress on their arms and backs. Even one of these actions can hurt a person's back, but more commom are problems caused by repeating such actions many times over a long period. Robots can prevent such problems. Just push it ,and the x-robot moves the object so you do not have to stretch and strain.

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Contrary to what many women apparently believe, there are guys out there who don’t actually crave sex all the time. I’m one of them. I know more guy friends and relatives than not who are similar. I know more guy friends and relatives than not who are similar.の訳をよろしくお願いします

• 次の英文を訳してください

どうしてもわかりません。宜しくお願いします。 (1)My job pays well and, what is better, I enjoy it. (2)We should judge people not by what they have but by what they are. (3)One's worth lies not so much in what one has in what one is.

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??(3)

First, I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. I've had to try very hard to see why people can believe somethings, such as Catholics, or even the people that join cults! How can they believe it?! But then I stop and try to realize that they are just looking for something in their life, and for them, maybe it best suits their personality or needs at the time. こんにちは。これはアメリカ人からのメールで無神論者と信仰者についての話しなんですけれどいまいち何がいいたいのかわかりません。ちなみに彼女は無神論者で私は仏教徒です。 (1)I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. のmental blockは思考の停止と訳してよいのでしょうか??無神論者は精神的に成長する段階で壁があるということでしょうか? (2) However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. 貴方が何かに賛成しなければ、貴方はそれが正しい考え方と信じないでしょう。それゆえに貴方は宗教は欠点がないとを信じる人を信じるでしょう。 といった意味でしょうか?とても長い文章ですがどなたかお願いします<(_ _)>

• 大変でも英文の翻訳お願いします。

いつも、ブーツを購入しているアメリカのお店から以下の英文がきました。それと添付ファイルで革の写真送られてきていました。大変でも翻訳お願いします。 Do you have any demand for blue leather by Redwing? They had an extra batch of leather come through, I don’t know if you’re interested or not, but it’s something ‘different’ and is a good looking leather. Also, keep in mind that Redwing pricing will raise at the end of the week. Let me know. Thank you,