• ベストアンサー

ある文章の和訳についての質問です。

"I'm the guy who forgot his baby daughter and let her bake to death in his locked car. That's who I am."という文章の日本語訳をお願いします。 文章中では"his"となっているのですが、前文からこれらの行為をしたのは"I"だとわかっています。このことを踏まえた訳、及び"That's who I am."の訳に困っています。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

the guy を受けての his でしょう。 I = the guy なんだから、結局、his とは I/my のことです。 俺は赤ん坊の娘を置き忘れて、ロックされた車で焼死させてしまったた野郎だ。 それが俺ってやつだよ。 この who I am は受験英語としては what I am でおなじみ、 「今の私」と習うのと同じ英語で、本来、「私が今ある状態・身分・性格」を表わします。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nebusoku3
  • ベストアンサー率38% (1437/3766)
回答No.1

That's who I am. それが(いわずとしれた)私のことです。(私はそういう人間なのです。) と思います。

関連するQ&A

• 高校英語 動名詞の書き換え・和訳

★複文に書き換えよ。 (1)He forgot his daughter's being the fastest runner in her class. →He forgot that his daughter was the fastest runner in her class.(wasのところが違うらしい) (2)I have never heard that this has happened before. →??? (3)I am afraid that the situation may get worse. →I am afraid of the situation getting worse. ★動名詞を用いて英訳しなさい。 (4)彼はもっと早くに手紙を書かなかったことを申し訳なく思った →He was sorry for not having written the letter (もっと早く). (6)君は早起きに慣れるべきだ →You should be used to getting up early. 動名詞の問題です。 添削をお願いします!

• 和訳お願いします。

“That guy is enemy's boss.He's tough!” “Let me handle that guy.His target is me. That's just perfect,because I'm tired of dealing with small fries.”

• 電話をかけているシーンでの質問

みなさん 英語で下記のようにいいたいのですが、この内容であっていますでしょうか? 電話をかけているシーンです。 「昨日電話したAです。名前(電話をしたときに)を聞き忘れてしまったのですが、昨日に私と(電話で)話した人はいますか?」 I am A who called you yesterday, but i forgot to ask the other person's name. can i speak that person? もし、この文章が全くちがうものなら、どなたか別の文章を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳

アークティックモンキースのアルバムのタイトル、Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Notの訳なのですが。。。 『人が俺のことを何と言おうと、それは俺のじゃない』でいいですか??

• 和訳をお願いします!

'I ate so much during my vacation that none of my clothes would fit me. So I had to spend the morning having them altered.' Employees seemed partial to blaming other people for their absence or tardiness, as in 'My husband forgot where he parked our car after he came home from his office party last night' and 'My 6-year-old son set all the clocks back an hour.' 宜しくお願いします!

• 和訳希望です

I solicited your assistance in the most polite language. I am a dying woman who had decided to donate what I have to Charities I am 60 years old by age, and was diagnosed for cancer about two years ago immediately after the death of my husband, Life for me in this world so we can have a place in Heaven. I have been touched by God to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband for the good work of God, rather than allow his relatives to use my husband's hard earned funds ungodly. しっくりと理解できる和訳に奮闘しています。長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Americans who are in important positions would not make a big fuss about where they sit in a car for another reason. Americans strongly believe in equality as an ideal. Someone who is of high statues is expected to minimize his own importance. The people around him are also expected not to make too much of a fuss over him. An important person who is nice to the "little guy" is respected. 和訳 重要な地位にあるアメリカ人は、もうひとつの理由から車のどこに座るかについて大きな騒ぎは起こしません。アメリカ人は理想としての平等を強力に信じているのです。高い地位にいる人は出来るだけ目立たないようにすることを期待されるのです。彼の周りの人たちもまた、彼を過度にちやほやしないものと思われています。「平凡な人」に親切である影響力のある人が尊敬されるのです。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been dating a great guy, “Max,” for about a year. Not too long after we met (we weren’t dating then), we started talking about family, siblings, etc. I mentioned I’d had a sister who died at a young age in a car accident. He said he’d lost a brother, “John,” the same way. It bonded us in a way, and it wasn’t long after that talk that we began dating. Over the Memorial Day weekend I went with Max to visit his family. They live in another state, and it was the first time I met them. Max’s mother was showing me some family pictures, and there were several of John. I know how hard it is for mothers to talk about their dead children, so I was as sympathetic as I could be. I mentioned my sister, and her car accident. Max’s mother looked at me kind of strangely but didn’t say much. Later I was talking to Max’s sister and again mentioned John’s death in a car accident. His sister corrected me and said it wasn’t a car accident, it was an OD. Apparently John OD’d when he was 18. This isn’t something I’d mind or find shameful. I know some addicts, and they are good people. It is the addiction that is bad. What I don’t understand is why Max lied to me. I can see lying to a stranger. I don’t like people in my personal business anymore than Max does. I don’t like people in my personal business anymore than Max does.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• ある文章の意味を教えてもらえないでしょうか?

以下の文の文法を教えていただけないでしょうか? That's how eager I am to learn the langauge. 補足:この文は、どれくらい日本語を習いたいかと言うことを説明した文章の最後の文です。 意味は、これぐらい私は日本語が勉強したいんだと言う意味になるかと思います。 質問1.「am to learn」とbe動詞+to 不定詞となっている理由及び、用法が分かりません。 質問2.文を区切るとしたら何処が区切り目となるでしょうか? ご教授の程、宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語教えてください。

I mean, what a great way to get off to a start with a relationship with a guy that's got 60,000 nuclear weapons pointed at you. 「6万個の核兵器を自分に向けているような奴と付き合いを始めるなんて、すごい成り行きですよね。」 that's は that is の省略形ですよね? that は関係代名詞ですよね? that が指しているのは guy ですよね? guy は人ですが関係代名詞は who じゃなくても良いのでしょうか? そして最後のyouですがなぜ訳では「自分」と訳しているのでしょうか? you = 「あなた」ですよね?なぜyou = 「自分」なんでしょうか? 意味がわかりません。 you が自分と訳してあるので混乱しています。 だれか分かる人がいたら教えてください。 お願いします。