• ベストアンサー

誤文訂正

どこか間違いがあるはずなのですが、どこが違っているのかわかりません。 わかる方、解説も含めて教えていただけませんか? ○The car is a primary meaning of transportation in the United States. ○Before you hand in the report,please review it thorough. 上の2問です。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

1問目はmeaning をmeansに直すのが正解だと思います。 means(名詞)手段、財産 meaning(名詞)意味 mean(動詞)意味する、意図する mean(形容詞)意地悪な これらの語がよく混同されます。 meansは元はmeanの複数形ですが今は別の名詞として扱われ 辞書にも別の語と記載されている事が多いです。 mean(名詞)中間という意味はほとんど使われなくなりましたが、 meanwhileなどの語のなかに残っています。 2問目はthoroughをthroughに直すのが正解だと思います。 またはthoroughlyとすることもできると思います。 through(前置詞)~を通り抜けて through(副詞)最初から最後まで through and through 徹底的に thorough(形容詞)徹底的な、完全な、完璧な thoroughly(副詞)徹底的に thoroughはよくthroughと混同されますが別の語で 発音も「サラ」です 競走馬のthoroughbred(サラブレッド)は 完全に育てられた、繁殖させられた(bred:breedの過去分詞) と言う意味でつけられたと聞いています。 この2問は間違えやすい語、混同しやすい語ということが テーマだと見えますがどうでしょうか。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

○The car is a primary meaning of transportation in the United States. The carをCarsと総称的にして Cars are prime means of toransportation in the Unitede States. [車は米国に於いては輸送の主な手段である] 主な手段は prime meansでいいと思います。 ○Before you hand in the report,please review it thorough. throughでも前置詞だけでなく副詞の場合もあるのでいいと思うのですが thorough and throughと重ねると、徹底的にの意味になります。 thoroughlyでもいいと思います。 [レポートを提出する前には徹底的に見直しなさい]という事で 一般的に言っている様なので Before you hand in a report,please review it through(ly). という事でいいかと思います。

• toko0503
  • ベストアンサー率36% (886/2437)
回答No.1

こんばんは。 ○The car is a primary meaning of transportation in the United States. 輸送(移動)の主な「手段」と言う意味だと思いますので meaning of は means of となるのではないでしょうか? ○Before you hand in the report,please review it thorough. thorough は形容詞なので、副詞のthoroughly となるのではないでしょうか? 

mi-na-mi
質問者

お礼

toko0503さんへ。 ありがとうございます。 英語苦手なので助かりました。 英語はいろいろな形があって難しいですね+ +;

関連するQ&A

• 誤文訂正問題について

以下の問題の[ ]部分が間違った箇所です。 答えは解答があるので分かりますが 解説がないので、どう正しくないのか理解できません。 お手数だと思いますが解説して頂けないでしょうか・・ よろしくお願いします。 One of the reason he was transferrd [are] that his specialty Every worker in those factories [were told]to partcipate in the union meeting except the ones retiring this year The day before yesterday my father made me [to wash]his car There must be [the faster] and cheaper ways to clean the air The bookon computer programimiing has been widely read ever sinceit [had] written in the early 1980s Neither mothernor daughter [know]much about each other Employees from my company are often sent [to abroad] on business The company [it is] located near the airport on business This is the same car [which] Steve drove on he movie

• 明日までです!英文の誤文訂正です。詳しい方よろしく

かっこ()には間違いがあるそうで、その正しい答えを教えてください!全部で10問あります。少しでも良いので答えて下さると嬉しいです。 The patient had (a so severe pain) in the back yesterday that he could hardly get out of bed.杏林大学 Nancy complains that she (suffers) from alternate stomachache and diarrhea in succession for two weeks.杏林大学 The patient (had been health) until last August, when he was admitted to the hospital because of a heart attack. 杏林大学 There still (exist) much to be leaned about various seaweeds and their value to humans.杏林大学 The concept (which) fibers should be taken in in order to prevent colon cancer is a comparatively recent one.杏林大学 It was a close game and it was a long time before the (existing) spectators left the stadium.日本大学 The number of people in the world (are) now rising explosively, and famine is not merely a potential but is already a fact. 日本大学 It was very kind of you to look up my new address and (took) the trouble of forwarding the letter.日本大学 I have (a good news); my brother and I are going to the United States to study in August.日本大学 It is not at all strange for me to prefer being alone something (than) being with friends. 日本大学 以上10門です。よろしくお願い致します!

• reports to は?

和訳添削お願いします。 The armed forces of the United States of America consist of the United States Army, United States Navy, United States Air Force, United States Marine Corps, United States Coast Guard. The United States Coast Guard has both military and law enforcement functions. In peacetime it is part of the United States Department of Homeland Security , but in wartime reports to the Department of the Navy. 米国軍隊は陸軍、海軍、空軍、海兵隊、沿岸警備隊から成立している。 沿岸警備隊は軍事機能と法執行機能の両方を持っている。平時は国土安全保障省 、戦時は海軍省に出向く。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願い致します

翻訳お願い致します 翻訳お願いします 【1】  THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN THE UNITED STATES. FOR ORDER INQUIRIES OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES PLEASE CONTACT THE DISTRIBUTOR IN YOUR RE GION.   【2】   With products for foreign and ethical markets, Polaris Research pioneers the new field of specialized, high-potency, multifunctional hair-regrowth kits.

• 誤文訂正問題[中学レベル]よろしくお願いします

誤文訂正の記号問題をやっていて、回答に記号しかかいておりませんでした。正しい英文にする方法を教えていただきたいです。できれば簡単にでも解説つきですとありがたいです。 Kenji is the youngest in my uncle's three sons. →the不要ですか? It is very cold and wind today. →windをwindyにすべきですか。 The World Cup holds once in four years. →inはforでしょうか。 Have you done your homework before you went to bed? →過去完了にすべきですか。 Don't forget coming here tomorrow. →動名詞ではなくてto不定詞ですか。 His house is twice times as large as my house. →timesがマズイのですが、どう直せばよいかわかりません。 We had rain very much. →たくさん雨が降りました、という意味と思うのですが、 どう訂正すればよいでしょうか。 The teacher wanted to the students study harder. →for the students to study harderですか?

• 同じ意味になるには()に何がはいりますか

同じ意味になるには()に何がはいりますか The number of vegetarians and health-conscious people are increasing in the United States. ↓ Vegetarians and health-conscious people are increasing(    ) number in the United States. よろしくお願いします

• 英文の翻訳を願います。

Note: The 2013 data reflect the implementation of the redesigned income questions. See Appendix D of the P60 report, "Income and Poverty in the United States: 2014," for more information. Change in data collection methodology in 1993. 上記英文をお訳し下さい。宜しくお願いします。

• 英訳の問題です。お願いします。

「その車は私たちの前で止まりました。」 これを The car stopped in front of us. としたのですが。 解答では  The car stopped before us. となっていました。 自分の解答ではダメでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。 。

• 英文の疑問

It is the biggest city in the state - in fact, with over 8 million people it is the biggest city in the United States. このwithはどういう意味ですか? 仮定法でしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語に訳して欲しいです

I am Capt Ken Anderson a United States solider in Afghanistan. I was married before but my wife is late and i am left with my little daughter who is in USA under the care of a nanny. i am 46 years and i wish to have a good relationship with you.bye please send me email