Does the United States have a monopoly on crazy people?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • President Obama rejects the idea that the United States is the only country with mentally ill people. He argues that gun violence is not solely caused by untreated mental illness but also by lax gun laws.
  • The notion that the United States has a monopoly on crazy people is refuted by President Obama. He believes that gun violence is not only a result of untreated mental illness but also of lax gun laws.
  • President Obama rejects the argument that the United States is the only place with mentally ill individuals. He suggests that gun violence is not solely caused by untreated mental illness but also by inadequate gun control regulations.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

a monopoly on crazy

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/us/troutdale-oregon-reynolds-high-school-shooting.html?ref=us 上記サイトの最後から2番目の段落の文章が下記です。 ---- Referring to those who argue that gun violence is caused by untreated mental illness rather than lax gun laws, Mr. Obama said, “You know, the United States does not have a monopoly on crazy people.” --- 上記文中の 下記の 意味がよくわかりません。 "the United States does not have a monopoly on crazy people.” 「米国はmental illnessの人達を完璧に制御出来ていない」 と言うような意味でしょうか。(日本語として良い表現ではありませんが) 引用文章が長文でお手数をおかけしますが、よろしくお願いします。

• binm
  • お礼率92% (174/188)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

アメリカだけが、キチガイを独占しているわけではないでしょ。 日本でもその他の国だってキチガイはいるでしょ。でも日本も他の国も銃規制があるために学校でキチガイが銃を乱射して生徒を殺すケースなと少ないでしょ・・・・ と言うような意味と思います。

binm
質問者

お礼

>>>アメリカだけが、キチガイを独占しているわけではないでしょ。 なる程 よく判りました。 有難う御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• switch onについて

いつもお世話になっています。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 We have recently found our Master OP does not autmatically switch on. (1)この文はどうしてonで止まっているのでしょうか? (2)switch onが他動詞なのにその後に名詞が来てないのはなぜでしょうか?  関係代名詞の先行詞もないだけに不思議です。 ご解説の程どうぞ宜しくお願い申し上げます。  

• SITS ON

北朝鮮の食糧危機に関する記事です。 The anticipated provision of 500,000 metric tons of grain by the United States as part of the nuclear deal would be welcome but won't solve the problem: because U.S. aid must be sourced domestically and transported on U.S. vehicles, it will take months to arrive. This makes the behavior of China, South Korea and Japan critical. In the short run, China must remove its export taxes and quotas on food to North Korea. Japan sits on 1.5 million metric tons of rice, which could be used for relief—if the United States agrees not to enforce a bilateral treaty restricting its use. この最後の文賞 Japan sits on 1.5 million metric tons of rice, which could be used for relief—if the United States agrees not to enforce a bilateral treaty restricting its use. がわかりません。 日本は救援物資として利用することができる150万メトリックトンの米(の援助)の決定を遅らせている それとも 日本は150万メトリックトンの米を使わずに貯蓄しており、もしアメリカが・・・・・・なら救援物資として使われることができる。 なのか。 そして 上記に ・・・・・・と略した部分 if the United States agrees not to enforce a bilateral treaty restricting its use. もしアメリカがその利用を禁止する二カ国条約を行使しないことに同意すれば という文章がぴんときません。 宜しくお願いします(´_`。)

• DoとBe動詞の疑問文の見分け方

問題を解いていて、分からなくなってきました。 疑問詞部分が空欄で埋める問題です。 私は次のように「Is」と「Does」を入れました。 合ってるでしょうか? 国や言語など出題パターンが変わってくると なぜか迷います。 多分、しっかり理解できていないんだと思います。 見分け方を再度教えてください ・Is Canada north of the United States? ・Does Canada have a king?

• 訳を教えてください。

If Abraham Lincoln had not renounced slavery in the United States , the American Civil War might not have broken out. この英文の訳し方を教えてください。

• 高3【英語】文法問題で質問です

整序問題で, Q.最近アメリカに行って、あの国の人に対する考え方が変わった。 A. My resent visit to the United States has [changed] my idea about the people there. というものだったのですが、私は   My resent visit to the United States has my idea about the people there [changed]. と誤答してしまいました。 have+O+過去分詞 の文かな、と考えたのですが、答えを見てとりあえずは納得できるものの、どうして違うのか、いまいち分かりません。 良ければ解説をお願い致しますm(_ _)m

• 英文の訳

英文でわからなかった文がありました。訳を教えてください。 In the United States, for example, many cities do not have a 13th street; man buildings do not have a 13th floor. It is surprising, though, that the number 13 is considered unlucky in the United States. The country was originally divided into 13 states. On the dollar bill there is a picture of an incomplete pyramid with 13 steps. The bald eagle carries an Olive branch in one of its claws with 13 leaves and 13 berries on it. In the other claw it is holding 13 arrows, and above its head there are 13 stars. 宜しくお願い致します。

• よろしくお願いします

I live in a small town where many of the twenty- to thirtysomethings are part of the same social circle. Many people in that circle, including myself, have some form of depression, anxiety, etc.—basically, high-functioning mental illness. My question is: What types of behavior does having a mental illness excuse? What types of behavior does having a mental illness excuse?の和訳を教えてください。excuseは動詞でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 関係副詞の継続用法について疑問があります!

コンマのついた継続用法(非制限用法)が使える関係副詞はwhenとwhereの二つで、使われ方は関係代名詞の場合と同じように、(時や場所を限定する場合が限定用法であるのに対し)、補足説明をするのが継続用法。従って、先行詞が固有名詞(地名など)の場合は継続用法を使う、と文法書には書いてありました。 ところが最近、先行詞がthe United Statesという国名になっているのに、限定用法が使われている例を二つ見つけました。(どちらもコンマがありません。)これはどうしてなのでしょうか? いろいろな文法書で調べましたが良く分かりません。例文を書いておきますので、御意見や御指導をお願いいたします。 例1: Music seems to have many happy effects on us. Music therapy is a well-established field of study in the United States where some universities even offer Ph.D. studies in the fiesld. 例2: The first bowling place built inside a building opened in England in 1455. Then the game was taken to the United States where most people played it outside.

• 英文和訳をお願いします

And so the customer, of course, is the housewife. What do they pay us for ? I do not know how many people in the world make soap, but there are a great many. And I can’t tell you the difference between one kind of soap or the other. And why does the buyer have a preference, and a strong one, by the way? What does it do for her? Why is she willing to buy from us when on the same shelves in the US or in Japan or in Germany there are soaps from five other soap manufacturers? She usually does not even look at them. She reaches out for that soap. Why? What does she see? What does she want? Try to work on this.

• 英語を訳してください、お願いします。

アメリカ経由で旅行をするためESTAを申請したら誤った内容で申請してしまったことがわかりました。 無理やり英語で照会したところ、下記回答が来ました。訳してくれませんか。 theESTA system does not currently allow for the correction of incorrect passport expiration dates.We are currently working on a solution to this problem.Provided the pasport number is correct,any travel to the United States may proceed as long as you have alredy received ESTA authorization. 単語をつないでも理解できませんでした。すみません、ピンチなもので。