• 締切済み

意味を教えてください。

If food falls on the floor, I abide by the 5 second rule and then tack on another 30 seconds. Vocaburary.comというサイトでabideという動詞の使い方を調べていたら、こんなセンテンスがありました。 「食べ物が床に落ちたら、5秒ルールに従い、さらに30秒を加える?」 たしか日本でも「食べ物が落ちても3秒以内なら汚くないよ(食べられるよ)」というような事を聞いたことがあるのですが、その英語バージョンですか? 興味があるのでどなたか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

回答No.2

一気に7倍になるのでどうかと思いますが、英語としては 「食べ物が床に落ちても、5秒ルールに従って、さらに、あと30秒上乗せする」 自分は35秒たっても食べる、ということでしょうか。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました! センテンスはくだらないのですが、おかげでabideが覚えられました。

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

大した炯眼です。 向こうでは《5秒間ルール》なるまやかし、迷信が存在するのですね。 http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/11/16/8841853-myth-or-fact-is-the-5-second-rule-real 『床に食べ物を落としても、5秒間ルールに従って、30秒以内に食べるんだ』

joy1995
質問者

お礼

NBCニュースの映像見ました。 とても興味深かったです。 世界共通なのですね。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 簡単な数学(in English)

Phillip charged $400 worth of goods on his credit card. On his first bill, he was not charged any interest, and he made a payment of $20. He then charged another $18 worth of goods. On his second bill a month later, he was charged 2% interest on his entire unpaid balance. How much interest was Phillip charged on his second bill? (1)問題の意味 (2)解き方 が分かりません。 教えてください!! よろしくお願いいたします。

• テスターの使い方について

テスターの使い方についての英文です。 翻訳をよろしくお願い致します。 本文: Irradiation should continue for 30 seconds by placing a tester directly on skin (on arm or leg). On the next day the skin surface colour will change. If you have 2 spots on your skin in place of the biggest holes of a tester (after 30 seconds of irradiation), it means that irradiation should be shorter than 30 seconds. If you have 5 spots on skin after 30 seconds of irradiation, then you should shorten irradiation time to 20 second, for example. In case you do not have any spots on your skins, then you should extend irradiation time to 1 minute, for example. As everyone has different skin and hair color, the irradiation effect can be different, so it is better to start irradiation from 15 to 20 seconds. If the skin accustoms to irradiation, you will be able to extend irradiation time under doctor’s control.

• この訳であっていますでしょうか?

It is true that things like canned food and fast foods were once popular in the 1950s, but things have changed a lot since then. 1950年代に缶詰の食べ物やファストフードのようなものがかつて人気だったということは真実だが、そのことはそれ以来多く変わった。 このlikeは動詞じゃなくて、~のようなの意味でいいのでしょうか? あと後半部分の訳もちょうどいい訳にならないので教えて下さい。

• 英語 の質問です。

1.Is better when the food bowl have the same hight how is neck ! Like a food Station you need 2.Not to start an argument but there's a fairly recent study that suggests that raised food bowls are not necessary to prevent bloat! My girl will only eat out of a bowl if its on the floor- she would fling everything out of a raised bowl onto the floor and then eat it! 3.Ours eats like a giraffe drinks - legs akimbo :))) この3つの文を日本語に訳していただけませんか?よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 意味を教えてください

Last night, I received my umpteenth call from my sobbing, devastated sister (mid-20s) over yet another semi-hookup-flirty-thing guy that didn't work out. He is moving away and she found out via an announcement at work, not from him. This is a years-long pattern. She falls for jerks -- i.e., they consistently bail on plans, girlfriends still in the picture, conveniently call only on weekends -- then is utterly devastated when it doesn't work. She's convinced she is "unlovable," "boring" and "ugly" even though she is a beautiful, smart, funny, successful, athletic, kind and thoughtful person. She says things like, "I can't do this anymore," and, "I don't want to do life if this is how it's going to be." bail on plansとdo lifeの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の体温計の説明書の読み方について

恐縮ですが教えてください。 海外で体温計を買いまして、℃ではなくF表示になっています。 FからCに切り替える方法が説明書に載っているのですがうまく切り替えることができません。どのように解釈したらよいか教えていただけますでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。 ・How to switch between F and C With the unit off press the button 2 times, one right after the other. The second time hold the button down for at least 2 seconds. The symbol for the new selected mode(F and C)will appear on the display for a few seconds. The thermometer will then be ready for a new measurement. 体温計にはボタンが1つ付いています。 最初の行がわかりません。2行目以降は、 2回目は最低2秒間はボタンを押したままにする、と数秒後にFC切り替えが表示される。と読み取れるのですが…。

• we have to,

英語やり直し組みです 連続の質問で申し訳ありません。 He says the second sentence of his response on Sunday, which media may not have quoted, was that we have to, in his words, "negotiate, negotiate, and negotiate, without let-up." (1)that以下がよくわかりません。 we have to,in his words, このカンマの意味は何なのでしょうか? have toの後ろは動詞だと思うのですが見当たりません。。。どうなっているのでしょうか? お願いします。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

Furse ordered another attack on Longueval by the 27th Brigade and the 1st South African Regiment, after an artillery and Stokes mortar bombardment and one battalion bombed its way up North Street at 8:00 a.m. and another party tried to move through orchards on the west side but German reinforcements counter-attacked and recaptured the lost ground, another attack failed at 7:30 p.m. The South African Brigade was ordered to capture Delville Wood and moved up from reserve before dawn but by then, half the brigade had been detached. The brigade attacked at 6:15 a.m. from the south-west corner of the wood on a battalion front, with the 2nd Battalion forward, the 3rd Battalion in support and the 4th Battalion in reserve.

• 序数の英語表現についてお尋ねします。Cup

Firstly,take off the wrap from the cup noodle, take off all the packages on the noodles.Secondly,open the dried vegetables and meat package and pour them onto the noodles.thirdly,pour boiled water into the cup, close the cover and then wait for~minutes /cover.and lastly,open the cover fully and stir the noodle well with them. 口語調にカップ麺を作る際に説明する時、上記のセンテンスで意味は通るものでしょうか?序数を使って(Fist,second~)みたのですが、自然ではないので訂正若しくは他の表現がありましたら教えて頂ければ幸いです。

• 大学受験、英語添削をお願いします

TOPIC:日本は食料自給率をあげるべきだ。 Im for this opinion.Japan's self-sufficiency ratio is too low nowadays.It is about 40 %,which means that Japan is quite dependent on other countries for food.There are mainly two problems. To begin with,if there happens a serious climate change,the price of food rises.Then itwill have a direct impact on food we usually eat,such as rice.When Australia experienced serious lack of rain,the price of wheet rised.Then that in Japan rised,too. Another problem is safety of food.In other countries,harmful substances which are not accepted in Japan can be used.Certainly,polluted crops are usually be got rid of at the customs.However,it sometimes happens that some of them reach kitchen.This is bad for your health. Therefore,I think we have to make efforts to raise self-sufficiency ratio for food. 全部で150語近くあります。長すぎですみません。文法、綴り、論理の面で怪しいところを指摘していただけたら嬉しいです。