• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:訳してください。)

スペイン語の誤解を解く:False Friendsとは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • スペイン語話者にとって、英語は苦手です。しかし、彼らは似たような言葉を混同してしまう傾向があります。
  • この混乱を引き起こす現象をFalse Friendsと呼びます。
  • 例えば、'embarrassed'という英単語は、スペイン語で'embarazada'と似たような言葉がありますが、実は意味が全く異なります。スペイン語話者は'embarrassed'を妊娠と誤解してしまうのです。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

スペイン人ってホント英語下手でさ、発音が似てるからって、その通り綴ったら全然違う意味になるってのが分かってないんだよね。困った友人の代表例がこれさ。"embarrassed"(きまり悪い)ってあるじゃない?スペイン語に"embarazada"ってよく似た単語があってさ、だもんでスペイン人ときたら、このばつが悪い、自省の意味を取り違えて、妊娠したって意味だと思ってるのよ。

zantac
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。そのままよりも更に分かりやすくなっていて助かりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願い致します。

Now in this necessarily ejective method of enquiry, what is the kind of activities that we are entitled to regard as indicative of mind ? I certainly do not so regard the flowing of a river or the blowing of a wind. Why ? First, because the subjects are too remote in kind from my own organism to admit of my drawing any reasonable analogy between them and it; and, secondly, because the activities which they present are invariably of the same kind under the same circumstances : they therefore offer no evidence of that which I deem the distinctive character of my own mind as such — Consciousness. In other words, two conditions require to he satisfied before we even begin to imagine that observable activities are indicative of mind ; the activities must be dis played by a living organism, and they must be of a kind to suggest the presence of consciousness. What then is to be taken as the criterion of consciousness ? Subjectively, no criterion is either needful or possible ; for to me, individually, nothing can be more ultimate than my own consciousness, and, therefore, my consciousness cannot admit of any criterion having a claim to a higher certainty. But, ejectively, some such criterion is required, and as my consciousness cannot come within the territory of a foreign consciousness, I can only appreciate the latter through the agency of ambassadors — these ambassadors being, as I have now so frequently said, the observable activities of an organism. The next question, therefore, is, What activities of an organism are to be taken as indicative of consciousness ? The answer that comes most readily is, — All activities that are indicative of Choice; wherever wo see a living organism apparently exerting inten tional choice, we may infer that it is conscious choice, and, therefore, that the organism has a mind. But physiology shows that this answer will not do ; for, while not disputing whether there is any mind without the power of conscious choice, physiology, as we shall see in the next chapter, is very firm in denying that all apparent choice is due to mind.

• 英語が堪能な方

自然な訳をお願いできますか? I do think it's creepy, and because thereis a connection to these characters that are fallible, and i think that is the main draw over and above the horror. I think the great connectedness is that they contradict themselves, they're full of contradictions. As we discussed earlier, no one is who they seem to be and that is kind of who we are.

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m2

Unfortunately, this is a dream.While there is no doubt that English will play a vital role,there are other lan ua es that will do so,too. The most obvious of these are Chinese, Spanish, and Arabic. There are about 1.2 billion speakers of the main dialects of Chinese, but thev are concentrated in China. However, China's rapid development, and the spread of increasinglv economically powerful Chinese mean that Chinese will once again become adominant regional language,as it was more than 1000 years ago.Spanish is the is the main language of Spain,but also of the majority of nations in Central and South America. Furthermore with Hispanics having recently become the largest minority group in the United States, Spanish may become as influential a language as English. よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• この英語を日本語へ翻訳お願いします。

なんとなくは分かるのですが、知らない単語があり的確に訳せません...。 お力添えお願いします。 don't think that way .... i understand your situation . i know how it feet to be in that type of situation . here is something to make you feel better . don't worry i still think that you are a wonderful person and thank you! for be in honest .... i respect you ... now think about this " ( That me think that you are the best person in the world and is happy for the way you are! ) " and only think about it all day so you feel better

• この文がよくわかりません。

It is not that they are impolite so much as that they are oblivious to sensitive feelings. so much as that...の意味のとり方がよくわかりません。 It is not that...はthat以下全部を否定しているのですか。 解説お願いします。

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします

現在の法律では大人は20歳からであるが、これに賛成か それとも、例えば18歳に下げるべきか、22歳に上げるべきか あなたの意見を書きなさい ↓ In my opinion, eighteen-year-old people in Japanese should be adults. I think so because some eighteen-year-old people are working, therefore they are in charge of society. So, it is reasonable that the age of majority should be reduced--to 18 私の意見では、18歳の日本人は大人であるべきです。 何故そのように考えたかというと、18歳で働いている人もおり、彼らは社会的責任を負っています。 だから、成人年齢を18歳に引き下げるというのは合理的です。 何も調べて書いていないので、レベルは低いですが、試験本番と同じような環境でやってみました。単語数は50くらいまでしか増やせません。 ですので、大学入試の観点から添削をお願いします。

• 英作の添削お願いします。

受験に向けて英作の練習をしているのですが、とにかく英作は苦手で、 むちゃくちゃな英作だとは思いますが、宜しければ添削お願いします。 Why do you think many people are interested in collecting insect ? Write a passage of 5 sentences in English. ↑この問いに解する私なりの解答です↓ I think that many people are interested in collecting insect is well. It is not a sin to collect insect. Because they are beautiful and interesting and fascinating stories attached them. Collections sre very helpful in the study of insect. I want more kind of discovery that them by collecting.

• 英文法的に解釈できません(その2)。

昨日も同じトピックで投稿しました。その後2点新たに疑問点が出てきました。今回が最後と思われます。「ttp://www.onthemedia.org/topics/music/4」の「All Up In The Mix」というトピックです。 1:I think the difference between them is the kind of piracy that the record industry is really afraid of is where people are taking entire albums. 2:But record labels are still stuck in a very traditional mode of they want people to walk into a store to buy a CD, and that's the way that they can sort of count their chips. 1:I thinkがSVで、that節がthat省略で続き、the difference~piracyがthat節の中のS'V'C'です。that~afraid ofは、piracyに対する関係代名詞による修飾だと思っています。しかし、その後またisが出てきます。ここで文節がどこで切れるのかわからなくなります。 2:まずin~modeを一塊で考えて良いのでしょうか?stick inというイディオムの受動態ではなさそうです。でも、modeの後にofが出てくるのもわけがわかりません。「ofの後ろにthatが省略されていて、they~CDを名詞節としてまとめているのだろうか」とも考えましたが、「そんなthatの使い方あったかなぁ」とも思います。 さらに、count their chipsの訳は「点棒を数える」で良いのでしょうか?文章的にどういう意味なのかいまいちわからなくなります。何か別の訳になるイディオムでしょうか。 質問は計3点になります。 どこで文節が切れるのか、品詞は何なのか、アドバイスを頂ければ幸いです。 よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 英作文添削

大学受験浪人生です よろしければ添削お願いいたします あなたは日本のどこかの大都市がオリンピックを招待すべきだと思いますか、思いませんか。 またそれはなぜですか。 あなたの考えを80語以上の英語でまとめよ I agree that somewhere city should invite Olympics. This is because I think that Olympics improve economics in many ways. For example, some people will want to watch Olympics directly so people will visit the city where Olympics are held and they will live in the city for a while. While they are living in the city, they will buy a lot of goods at the city and consequently, it will make economics improve. That is why I agree that somewhere city should invite Olympics.

• Ted talk:Alan文章解釈

添付ファイルリンク動画: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h-rRgpPbR5w&list=PLduPGsNffjwebK7-9YBS7ofvSZuZmBiix&index=2 の4:19辺りから話者が So that’s a sort of second level up but it’s not until they get to sort of three to six years old that they get into something called the conceptual-self and part of that emergence of the conceptual self is a sense of identity. So it’s what you would know as consciousness, is they start to become aware not only that they’re physically emotionally separate but they’ve got an identity. と言っている部分について質問です。 1. second level up は名詞として扱われていて、「第2段階」と理解していいのか自信がないです。 2. it’s not until they get to three to six years old that they get into something called the conceptual-self の部分は 「彼らが3歳から6歳なるまでの間は、概念自己と言われる状態には到達しないのです。」 と理解して合っているのか分からないです。 3. part of that emergence of the conceptual self is a sense of identity. it’s what you would know as consciousness, までは理解できるのですが、is they start to become と they の頭にisがあり、どこと関連しているのか、何のためにあるのか分からないです。 「概念的自己の現れの部分はアイデンティティの意識です。それが皆さんが意識として馴染みあるものです。」 解説宜しくお願いします。