• 締切済み

読者投稿文 の和訳

下記はアメリカの新聞の投稿記事の末尾の文です。 どのような理由でそのペットボトルを選んだのかを、彼女が尋ねられている所です。 As the line moved forward, I exercised my New Yorker’s right to butt in, and asked her why in the world she would drink that stuff. She looked at me as if I were asking a dumb question, and said: “I wouldn’t touch it. I need it for a prop in a play. The character has to drink his own urine, and this is the closest I can get to the right look.” She looked----以下のところをどのように訳せば良いのかわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• binm
  • お礼率92% (174/188)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

彼女は、私が愚かな質問をしているかのように私に目をやり、「私は触りもしない(=飲む気はない)。でも芝居の小道具に要るの。その役者は彼自身の尿を飲まなければならないので、これがいちばん(=尿に)似ているものだから」と言った。

binm
質問者

お礼

下記が全くわかりませんでした。 prop : propertyの略で小道具 character: 登場人物 いい勉強になりました。有難う御座いました。 下記はこの投稿文へのcommentに記載されていたURLです。 ご覧ください。 http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/

• ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.1

彼女はあたかも私が間抜けな質問をしているかのように私を見て言った。「私は飲んだりしないわ。芝居の小道具として必要なの。芝居の登場人物は自分の尿を飲まなければならなくて、これが見た目的に手に入れられるもっとも近いものなのよ。」 前段階で筆者が彼女がなんでそんな色の飲み物をのもうと決めたのか聞いたので、このように答えたのでしょう。touchには「手を出す」という意味がありますが、この文脈ではdrinkを指すと思われますので、自分が飲むわけじゃないと訳してみました。

binm
質問者

お礼

下記が全くわかりませんでした。 prop : propertyの略で小道具 character: 登場人物 いい勉強になりました。有難う御座いました。 下記はこの投稿文へのcommentに記載されていたURLです。 ご覧ください。 http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2013/10/what-the-color-of-your-urine-says-about-you-infographic/

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 大体の意味はわかりますが、ところどころあやふやなところがあるので、お願いします。 My apologize for the delay in replying as it was filtered into my junk mail Wish you and your family a very happy new year I greatly appreciate you keeping in touch It is good to see your xray and good results You have done well with rehabilitation Especially during winter you might have some stiffness but that should subside as time goes by I had the pleasure to see your website and it is heartwarming to see you had made a separate website and esp. a web page in English I greatly appreciate it I will convey your regards and wishes to all the staff who were involved in your care If you happen to visit dubai I would appreciate if you could drop by to say a quick Hi please keep in touch

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

My mother came in from the pantry with a steaming pot in her hand. She stopped midway between the table and the fire, feeling the tension flowing through the room. She followed their stare and saw me in the corner. Her eyes looked from my face down to my foot, with the chalk gripped between my toes. She put down the pot. Then she crossed over to me and knelt down beside me, as she had done so many times before. "I'll show you what to do with it, Chris," she said, very slowly and in a queer, choked way, her face flushed as if with some inner excitement. Taking another piece of chalk from Mona, she hesitated, then very deliberately drew, on the floor in front of me, the single letter "A." "Copy that," she said, looking steadily at me. "Copy it, Chris." I couldn't.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします One day in the second grade. I walked home school,and my surprised mother looked at me as I walked through the front door. “Carol,”she asked calmly but with a confused look on her face,“where's your jumper? ” l looked down and saw my patent leather buckle shoes;white leotards that were torn at the knees;and white(but dirty)cotton turtle-neck. Until my mother pointed out that I was't fully dressed,I hadn't noticed. I was just as surprised as she was,for we both remembered that I had been wearing the jumper that morning. My mother and I walked across the street to the school,looked on the sidewalks and all over the playground and in the halls,but we couldn't find my plaid jumper.

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• 和訳おねがいします

翻訳機は使わないでください^^; So she said to Tammy, "Why would anyone write about school?" Tommy looked at her. "Because it's not our kind of school, stupid. This is the old kind of school that they had hundreds of years ago." He added, saying the word carefully, " Centuries ago." Margie was hurt. "Well, I don't know what kind of school they had all that time ago." She read the book over his shoulder for a while. Then she said, "Anyway, they had a teacher." "Sure they had a teacher, but it wasn't a regular teacher. It was a man." "A man? How could a man be a teacher?" "Well, he just told the boys and girls things. He gave them homework and asked them questions." "A man isn't smart enough." "Sure he is. My father knows as much as my teacher." "He can't. A man can't know as much as a teacher." "He knows almost as much, I'm sure." Margie wasn't prepared to argue. She said, "I wouldn't want a strange man in my house to teach me." Tommy laughed. 'You don't know much, Margie. The teachers didn't live in the house. They had a special building, and all the kids went there." "And all the kids learned the same thing?' "Sure, if they were the same age." "But my mother says a teacher has to be adjusted to fit the mind of each boy and girl it teaches. Each kid has to be taught in different ways." "Just the same, they didn't do it that way then. If you don't like it, you don't have to read the book." "I didn't say I didn't like it," Margie said quickly. She wanted to read about those funny schools. They weren't even half finished when Margie's mother called, "Margie! School!" Margie looked up. "Not yet, Mama." "Now," said Mrs. Jones. "And it's probably time for Tommy, too." Margie said to Tommy, "Can I read the book some more with you after school?' "Maybe," he said. He walked away whistling, the book under his arm.

• 和訳お願いします‼︎

"your Halloween costume came to my house by mistake today, sorry I opened it. it was a rooster mask and a bag of lollipops. going as a cock sucker again I see"

• 和訳お願いします。

下の文の和訳をお願いしたいです。日本語文として違和感がないように訳してください。 In the summer of 1945, after the air raid, Nagaoka was a veritable hellscape. Buildings were burned to the ground by brutal incendiary bombs, and the once clear and beautiful Kakigawa River was blackened and stained with the smell of the dead. On my way home from picking up supplies, a little girl with a bob haircut wandered up to me. She was almost naked, though she had a ragged cloth around her waist, as if her clothes had been burned by incendiary bombs. Her bare hands and feet were as thin as branches, and her upper body, so thin that her ribs floated, looked painful.「Please give me some food.」 the girl said in a small voice. I said「Who are you?」「My name is Chiyo Takato, Senju kokumingakkou, 6th grade, class 2. Please,please share your food.」 I was surprised. Senju kokumingakkou, 6th grade class 2 was my sister's classmate. It came as a shock to me that a girl my sister's age had nothing to wear and nothing to eat. I gave her the dry bread I was carrying and a spare water bottle. The girl burst into tears and bowed, 「Thank you...」 I looked at her and thought, this world is crazy. A child as young as 11 or 12 years old shed tears just for receiving a piece of dry bread and a water bottle. It is not that I hate the U.S. military who conducted the air raid. I hate the people in the upper echelons of society who made the world this way in the first place.

• この文の和訳お願いします!

この文の和訳お願いします! <(_ _)> In today's class, I learned everyone had his or her opinions. I thought each one was right and it was very important to exchange our own opinions through discussion. ( ) opinions helped me to find a new way of thinking. ( )の中にはsameかmyかnextかdifferentのどれかがはいるみたいですが、よくわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

I think it is the year 1909. I feel as if I were in a moving-picture theatre, the long arm of light crossing the darkness and spinning, my eyes fixed upon the screen. It is a silent plcture, as if an old Biograph one, in which the actors are dressed in ridiculously old-fashioned clothes, and one flash succeeds another with sudden jumps, and the actors, too, seem to jump about, walking too fast. The shots are full of rays and dots, as if it had been raining when the picture was photographed. The light is bad. It is Sunday afternoon, June 12th, 1909, and my father is walking down the quiet streets of Brooklyn on his way to visit my mother. His clothes are newly pressed, and his tie is too tight in his high collar. He jingles the coins in his pocket, thinking of the witty things he will say. I feel as if I had by now relaxed entirely in the soft darkness of the theatre; the organist peals out the obvious approximate emotions on which the audience rocks unknowingly. I am anonymous. I have forgotten myself: it is always so when one goes to a movie; it is, as they say, a drug.