• ベストアンサー

英訳がわかりません

英語の長文を読んでいたのですが、以下の文章の意味が分かりませんでした。 日本語訳と、その答えの導き方を詳しく教えてください。 It connected the east with what Americans rather innocently thought was the west and caused a dramatic drop in shipping rate.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  訳     それは、東洋と、アメリカ人がどちらかと言えば無邪気に西洋と考えていたものとを繋いで、船による輸送額の劇的な低減を引き起こした。 2。    答えの導き方1     文1= It connected the east with what Americans rather innocently thought was the west    「それは、東洋と、(何か)とを繋いだ」       主語: It 動詞: connected           副詞句: the east with what Americans rather innocently thought was the west     文2=and caused a dramatic drop in shipping rate.         「(それは)船による輸送額の劇的な低減を引き起こした。        主語 (第1文と同じ)        動詞: and caused        目的語: a dramatic drop in shipping rate.     答えの導き方2 (「何か「の解明)       what Americans rather innocently thought was the west 「アメリカ人がどちらかと言えば無邪気に西洋と考えていたもの」       主語:  Americans           副詞句:  rather innocently        動詞:  thought           「考えるの内容」 was the west     

Canadapple
質問者

お礼

助かりました! 本当にありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味がわかりません

「The overall effect was rather monochromatic,what with that somber light brown everywhere you looked,~」 という英文の意味がわかりません。 特に、なぜ「what with」を使うのかわかりません。どなたか、意味を教えては下さいませんか? 宜しくお願いいたします。

• ロムニーの演説の和訳をお願いします!

Every new college graduate thought they'd have a good job by now. A place for their own. They could start paying back some of their loans and build for the future. This is what our nation was supposed to start paying down the national debt, and rolling back massive deficits. This was the hope and change America voted for. It is not just what we wanted, it is not just what we expected, it is what Americans deserved.

• この英文について教えてください。

The man completed what everyone else had thought it was impossible to do. この英文ですが、私は The man completed what everyone else had thought was impossible to do. とした方が(連鎖関係詞節となり)正しい気がするのですが、どなたか教えてください。

• 英訳の添削よろしくお願いします!

コムスンがこういった事態を招いた原因は、非倫理的な経営者や企業組織による非合理的な行動であったというのが一般的な見方である。 It is a general viewpoint that the cause why COMSN caused such a situation was a non-ethical manager and an action of the irrationality by the company organization. しかし、新制度派経済学の視点から分析すると、この不祥事は人間が合理的であったがために引き起こされたことが説明できる。 However, from a viewpoint of the new institutional economics, it can explain that this disgraceful affair was caused by human being who are rational. 本稿の目的は、コムスンの事例を用いてコムスンの不条理は合理的に引き起こされたということを説明することである。 The purpose of this report is that the absurdity of COMSN was caused reasonably to analyse the example of COMSN reasonably. そして最後に、企業が人間の合理性によって引き起こされる不条理を回避する方法について考察する。 And we consider a method with the avoidance of the absurdity that a company is caused by human rationality. 文の一部ではありますが、よろしくお願いします!

• 英語が得意な方 和訳を助けてください。

英語が得意な方 和訳を助けてください。うまく訳せなくて困っています。よろしくお願いします。 What was in fact an insignificant KPD, with its consequently strident criticism of the system, caused the Federal government to have the Party investigated by the Federal Constitutional Court (Bundesverfassungsgericht, BVG), leading to it being banned.

• 二文同意について教えてください

He was a poet rather than a sholar. =he was not ( ) mush a scholar ( )a poet Iam sure that be will succeed, =I am sure of ( )( ) You will soon understand wha I'm saying =It will not be ( )( )you understand what I'm saying. It seems that he was late for the meeting. =He seems to ( ) ( ) Late foe the meeting. Do you mind if open the window? =Do you mind ( )( ) the window? お願いします!!

• 初歩的な受験英語の構文解説をお願いします。

I had to ask myself what I was doing that caused these oversized big guys to rough me up for the pure pleasure of it. (僕が何をしたから体格のいいやつらが、楽しみのためだけに僕をいじめるようになったか、と自分に問わねばならなかった。) that caused以下の文がどこにどういう風に掛かるのかよく分かりません。

• 訳をお願いします。

When I first saw the humorously entertaining phrase , I laughed - and also thought it impressively well made for a number of reasons - but when I thought about it later . I recalled having occasionally seen writing produced by bureaucrats that had been clearly "strange" and began to wonder if the Crime Prevention Association , rather than having come up with the humorous sign on purpose , hadn't perhaps simply created the phrase with a serious intent . 訳をお願いしたいのですが、and also thought it のところのitは主語?形式目的語?文の形がわかりませ。解説をお願いします。また、rather ~ hadn'tの文ではどういう意味になるのでしょう。説明をお願いします。宜しくお願いします。

• 次の英文のカッコ [ ] に入るのはどちらですか。

次の英文のカッコ [ ] に入るのは thinks と thought のどちらですか。 Carl said that Dave's painting was great. Carl's reaction surprised Dave, and it caused him to ask if he really [thinks / thought] so. カッコ内の動詞は、文全体が過去形だから過去形のthoughtになりますか?それとも、to ask の動詞が現在形だから現在形のthinkになりますか?

• 英語 選択問題 解答を教えてください。

(1)We thought it odd ( ) the man who came here last month was chosen the new manager. アthan イthat ウwhat エwhether (2)I found ( ) difficult to believe his story. アthat イit ウthis エwhich (3)Tom, ( ) was useal with him, was late for school. アit イas ウwhat エwho オwhich (4)We went to the place ( ) in her talk. アwhere she spoke of イwhich she spoke of ウthat she spoke エof that she spoke (5)I found ( ) impossible to finish this work for two days. アtoo イso ウit エthat 上記問題の解答と日本語訳を教えて頂けますか? よろしくお願いします。