• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:これはどういう意味ですか。)

whatの用法と意味について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • whatの意味としては、誰かが持つ職業、義務、用途、外見などを表現する際に使われます。
  • また、何かの人や物の性質や特徴、意見や話す内容を表現する際にも使われます。
  • 「what」の用法や意味について簡単に解説します。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9732/12107)
回答No.2

「補足」への書き込みをありがとうございました。 >最初の文は、関係形容詞ではないのですね。 >What = All the・・・ that ⇒本文は、関係形容詞文ではなく、いわゆる「間接疑問文」だと思います。 別の例:I want to know what plan he has.     「私は、彼がどんな計画を持っているのか知りたい。」 >いずれの文も、第1文の行末someone or somethingや第3文の行末 a person or thingから読むのですか。whatから読んでしまいそうですが。 ⇒そうですね。本文はいずれも「語法の説明文」と思いますが、そのために「洩れなく包括的に、それでいて、簡潔な説明」が求められるので、それでこういった表現形式が用いられるのではないでしょうか。 以上、再伸まで。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9732/12107)
回答No.1

************************************* ・used to say what job, duty, use, or appearance someone or something has. e.x. A flat stone was used as a table. ・「人や事物がどんな仕事、義務、用途あるいは外観を持っているか」を言い表わすために用いられる。(ここでのwhatは、疑問形容詞で「どんな、何の」の意。) 例:水平な石が、テーブルとして使用された。 ************************************* ************************************* ・used to say what someone or thinks, or says a person or thing is. e.x. The result of last week's election will be seen as victory for the right-wing govern-ment. ・「人が、一人の人物や事物について、それはこれこれである、と考えたり、言ったりすること」を言い表わすために用いられる。(ここでのwhatは、関係代名詞で「~ところのこと・もの」の意。) 例:先週の選挙の結果は、右翼の政府の勝利と見なされるだろう。 ************************************* 以上、ご回答まで。

imamuu0
質問者

補足

ご教授いただきありがとうございます。 最初の文は、関係形容詞ではないのですね。 What = All the・・・ that いずれの文も、第1文の行末someone or somethingや第3文の行末 a person or thingから読むのですか。whatから読んでしまいそうですが。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• "come, come" の意味を教えて。

comeを2回言う掛け声、"come,come(!)"には、2つの意味があるようです。 1)used to comfort or gently encourage someone 2)used to tell someone that you do not accept what they are saying or doing 1)は、なんとなく分かるのですが、2)の意味、状況が良く分かりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語

description= somthing you say or write that shows what someone or something is like これは(you say or write)と(that shows what someone or something is like)が同時に先頭のsomethingを修飾しているのですか? つまり、 somthing that you say or write と、 somthing that shows what someone or something is like のコンビネーションですか?

• 意味上の主語と目的語が分かりません

Every author tries to convince you, his reader, that what he has to say is true and should be accepted as truth. 上の文の what he has to say ですが、 私は what he has to say(彼が言わなければならないもの) と訳したのですが、 参考書を見ると what he has <to say> (言うために、彼が持っているもの) と訳すのが正しいと書いてありました。 その場合はto say の意味上の主語と意味上の目的語は何であると考えたらよろしいのでしょうか?

• これどういう意味ですか?

What did Sushi A say to Sushi B?

• どのような意味でしょうか

When someone brings food to share at work, what is the policy on taking second helpings, or thirds even? For example, you are in a hurry and skip breakfast that morning, and you see in the break room someone has brought in a loaf of banana bread, how many slices are you “allowed” to take? And over what timeframe? over what timeframe? はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文法的にあっているのはどれ?

下の和訳の問題であっているのはどれですか? 問題:彼の給料はかつての半分です。 (1)He makes half as much money as what he used to. (2)He makes half as much money as he used to. (3)His sarary is half as high as what it used to be. (4)His sarary is half as high as it used to be. whatを入れていいのかがわかりません。かつての何々という場合、どういうときにwhatがひつようなのですか?教えてください。

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

僕に海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けると有り難いです。よろしくお願いします。 * If you say "it does not serve as a bed" that typically means that it is not able to be used as a bed.  In the next sentence you mention that sometimes you like to sleep in it, so a better way to describe what you're saying could be... "A kotatsu will serve as a table, but it's not intended to be used as a bed." This way you're saying that it's not supposed to be a bed, but you could use it that way if you really wanted to. * I wasn't sure if this is what you were trying to say so I guessed.

• 高校英語の和訳

高校英語の和訳 The lies that politicians make during election campaigns are another category of "semi" lies. For example, a certain politician might promise to do a certain thing if elected, but when he is elected he might find that what he promised is either impossible or not sensible. When he turns his pre-election promise into a lie by not carrying out, we could say that the politician was simply making the compromises and practicing the pragmatism which is politics. More cynically, we could say that the politician was a dishonest lier who would promise you anything to get your vote. This is the problem with lying. In some situations it is impossible to tell with absolute certainly whether someone is lying or telling the truth. More or less, we ourselves are forced to become the ultimate judge of what is the truth and what is a lie. You could say that in a certain situation we create truth and untruth. これの和訳をお願いします><

• 短い英文です。訳文チェックお願いします。

下記の英文を訳したのですが、私の訳では"that has been replaced"が訳されていないと思うのですが、どのように訳したらいいのでしょうか?またここに現在完了が使われているのには特別な意味があるのでしょうか? “What” is sometimes used to replace a word in a surprising or unfamiliar thing even if a person can say the word that has been replaced. “What”は、驚きの言葉におきかえられたり、名前は知っていて言えるのだか、詳しくは知らない物の代わりに使われることがある。

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **I think this is what you meant by "sense." If someone says you have good taste, they're saying that they admire your ability to appreciate things. It probably means that either both of you like the same thing. If I said it to someone who I did not agree with it would be strange because then I am implying that I have bad taste haha. You can be more specific, like I could say "She has good taste in shoes," which means that I think (whoever she is) has a really good idea of what a good shoe is. "Sense" can be used to express a similar idea though. If I say you have a nice sense of style, it means that I probably think your clothes are cool or the way you decorated your room is cool etc. It's most typically used with "sense of style/fashion" though I think I could probably say something like "You have a nice sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," but it's much easier to say "you know how to bake a good cake." If someone actually does say "someone has a good sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," they're probably trying to communicate that this person is so good at baking cakes that they naturally know what makes it better... It's like how we have a "sense of smell" or a "sense of hearing." That person is so good at baking cakes that it's like they have a "sense of cake."