• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:どう訳したらいいのでしょうか。)

"Asiatic patterns of economy and society": Understanding Japanese Life

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Understanding the remnants of a particular lifestyle in Japan that were evident even 50 or 30 years ago is crucial for any inquiry into Japanese life.
  • An understanding of so-called "Asiatic patterns of economy and society" was considered essential in the study of Japanese life, especially given their significance in the past.
  • However, it is uncertain how to translate the term "contemporary" in this context.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

50年前、あるいは30年前でさえも、日本にはこのような生活様式の名残がはっきり残っていたので、日本人の生活について何か調べる場合には、それがどんなに現代的な生活に関することであっても、所謂経済・社会の「アジア的パターン」の理解が必須の基礎だと考えられていた。 however contemporary = however contemporary the Japanese life in question (to be inquired into) is = (調査の対象になる「日本人の生活」が)どんなに現代的なものであっても

hope_agt_hope
質問者

お礼

よく解りました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

文前半のthe remnants of this style of lifeというのがこの文脈からだでは具体的に何のことなのか分かりませんが多分その後に続く Asiatic patterns of economy and societyに該当するものだと推測できます。   Contemporaryには『同時代の』の他『近代的、現代の』と言う意味があるので、ご質問の however comtemporaryは『いかに近代的であっても』となり、全体の訳は、 『50年前か、いや30年前でさえ、日本ではこのような生活様式の名残は明らかであり、いかに近代的とは言え日本人の生活を調べる上で所謂アジア的な経済と社会の様式の理解は必須の根拠と考えられていた。』 のようになると思います。

hope_agt_hope
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。今後ともよろしくお願いします。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • sknuuu
  • ベストアンサー率43% (408/934)
回答No.1

however ~であろうとも however contemporary 現代(最近)のものであっても 現代においても

hope_agt_hope
質問者

お礼

端的な回答ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文の意味がわかりません

However, it is not clear how far this outlook extended beyond these activists. Without a better understanding of the political implications of important variables such as patterns of bilingualism and rates of Mexican immigration and naturalization, and the variations in ethnic consciousness these variables help to create, one cannot assume that an increase in the proportion of Mexican Americans born in the U.S. necessarily resulted in an increase in the ethnic Mexican population's political activism. この文を訳すとどうなるでしょうか。特に and the variations in ethnic consciousness these variables help to createの部分がよくわかりませんでした。variationsとvariablesはここでは別物をさしているのでしょうか?

• full of lifeの訳など。

(1)They come here to enjoy hiking or skiing,so this village is always full of life. この訳で「彼らはココへ来てハイキングやスキーを楽しみ、村はいつも……」その後がわかりません。full of life教えて下さい。 (2)However,it is strangely quiet.why? (3)Cars aren't allowed in Zermatt if they are fueled by gasoline. コレも教えて下さい。

• 英語の訳です。

such an understanding makes one wonder whether our DNA is the only way to create life. Is it possible that life could exist whitout DNA ? Certainly we have not discovered any forms of non-DNA life on Earth. However ,in different environments on other planets where itis extremely hot or cold , the chemistry may be unimaginable. この英文がいまいち訳せません。どなたかわかりやすい訳を教えてください。お願いします。

• 英語の歌の題名と歌詞の...のところが知りたい。 1.I've got

英語の歌の題名と歌詞の...のところが知りたい。 1.I've got lots of friends in my ... I've got lots of friends in my ... I've got lots of things,things to ... I've got lots of things,things to ... I'm so happy life's so good I'm so happy life's so good.

• 日本語として。

They become a part of the American way of life. ある参考書に上記の文章が載っており、その訳として、「彼らはアメリカの生活様式の一部となる。」と有ったのですが、「人間が生活様式の一部に成る」とは日本語的に正しいですか?何だか腑に落ちないので質問させて頂きました。カテゴリーは元の文章が英語なので、一応英語カテにさせて頂きました。

• This is, in fact, the aim

This is, in fact, the aim of education : not just to give information about this or that, but to relate bits and piece of knowledge to each other in a unified vision or understanding of life. 日本語訳をお願いします! できるだけ意訳ではなく直訳でお願いします。

• この英訳どこが違います???

This talk is the tale of an occurrence which occurred in a short time of 1 hour of Mrs.mallard. However, it is deep from the life in which she has lived in this short time numbers of times. この話はマラーズさんが1時間という短い間に起きた出来事の物語である。しかし、この短い間で彼女が生きていた人生よりも何倍も濃いものとなっている。 お願いします(>_<)

• 英語 訳出願い

自分で訳したものの、すっきり読めないので、訳出願います。 よろしくお願いします。 ’UNDERSTANDING REALITY TELEVISION’の一部です。 As we embark upon a new century of broadcasting, It is clear that no genre form or type of programing has been as actively marketed by producers, or more enthusiastically embraced by viewers, than reality-based TV. This quote seems a pertinent way in which to open a book that seeks to 'understand Reality TV'. It emphasizes how the formats, images, and convention of Reality TV have stitched themselves into the very fabric of television, its economic structures, schedules and viewing cultures. Reality TV has rapidly come to occupy a place at the forefront of contemporary television culture – a position from which it seems to 'speak' particular clearly to the ways in which broadcasters are seeking to attract audiences in the multichannel landscape, the ways in which television is harnessing its aesthetic and cultural power and, as an increasingly multimedia experience, the ways in which it resonates so extensively in the cultural sphere. This collection seeks to respond to the complex, contested and often controversial terrain of 'popular factual programming' (CORNER,2001) with the broad aim of considering its economic, aesthetic, political and cultural implications for understanding contemporary 'television' as an object of study. It is certainly the case that this terrain continued to evolve, shift and change in the process of producing this collection, which thus offers an investigation of the field at a particular point in time (television’s rhetoric of the perpetual present of course always renders stopping the 'flow' an impossibility). At the same time, however, this book also seeks to contribute to the longer-term project of understanding and studying what CORNER has described as television's 'greatly expanded range of popular images of the real'.

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

I am about to marry the love of my life. We badly want for things to last. But we also live in a contemporary climate where love’s chance to last, monogamously and constructively, is pretty compromised. we also live in a contemporary climate where love’s chance to last, monogamously and constructively, is pretty compromised.の訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳添削して頂けませんか

1)和訳添削して頂けませんかm(_ _)m He is a Babbitt who should appeal to a broad spectrum of readers concerned about contemporary life. 彼は広範囲な読者の現代生活への懸念に訴えるべき無教養な俗物である。 2) Babbitt はいつも大文字ですか? 教えてください。