• 締切済み

whatever evil she causes.

And whatever evil she causes comes about by accident,because she's passive, because she's playing a passive role. 上の英文の訳はどうなりますか? 太古のsexualityの体現だというキャラクター(女性)を説明している文です。 特に「whatever evil she causes」の辺りが分かりません。

みんなの回答

• googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.2

「whatever」は2つの働きを持っています。  一つは「たとえ何が(何を)~しようとも」という意味を表す「副詞的な用法」です。 1. I'll go to Canada whatever she says.  「副詞的な用法」とは「I'll go to Canada」という「別の独立した英文全体(またはその中の動詞)」にかかるということです。  2つ目は「~するものは何でも」という意味を表す「名詞的な用法」です。 2. I'll do whatever she says. 3. Whatever she said was hard to believe.  「名詞的な用法」とは「主語」や「目的語」の働きをするということです。2では「whatever she says」が「do」の目的語、3では「whatever she said」が「was」の主語の働きをしています。このような「whatever」を「(複合)関係代名詞」と呼びます。  さらに「whatever」の後に「名詞」が置かれて「S+V」が続くこともあります。この場合の「whatever」は「(複合)関係形容詞」と呼びますが、「whatever 名詞 S+V」の働きは、やはり「主語」や「目的語」になる「名詞的な用法」だと考えて構いません。 4. I"ll follow whatever advice she gives.  疑問詞の「what」に「疑問代名詞」と「疑問形容詞」があるのと同じことです。 5. What do you like? 6. What sport do you like?  「疑問形容詞」の方がより具体的なことを尋ねることになりますが、英文の中で果たす役割は「疑問題名」と同じだと考えて構わないでしょう。「(複合)関係代名詞」と「(複合)関係形容詞」との関係も同じようなものです。  さて、お尋ねの英文です。  「whatever evil she says」が主語、「come about」が動詞だと考えられます。すなわち、上記の「(複合)関係形容詞」にあたり、「名詞的な働き」をしていると考えなければなりません。  したがって日本語に訳すと「彼女がもたらす邪悪なことはどんなことであっても偶然生じたものである」となりそうです。  ご参考になれば・・・。

nogran
質問者

お礼

懇切丁寧なご回答ありがとうございました。改めて、勉強になりました。 私の場合、evilを単純に悪魔と解釈してましたので、訳が成立してなかったです。 「邪悪な」ですと、よく了解できます。 本当にありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

whatever evil she causes. 女がどんな災いを与えようとも、 (女がどんな悪をもたらしたとしても) And whatever evil she causes comes about by accident,because she's passive, because she's playing a passive role. 女が与える災いがどのようなものであっても、 偶然にもたらされるものだ。 というのも彼女は、無抵抗だから。 彼女の受けにまわって役を担うのだから。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

nogran
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 evilを辞書を引かずに悪魔と思い込んでいました。 「災い」とすると了解可能ですし、全体の訳文がよく納得できます。 本当にありがとうございました、助かります。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• told me (about) how の使い方

1) They told reporters how they escaped death in the accident. (about howでもいいのですか?aboutが省略されているのですか?) 2) She told me about how Brazil's omnipresent wealth and the starvation of the poor people brought about crime. (この文はtold me about howです。aboutは省略してもいいのですか?) about をつける、つけないで、文章のニュアンスが多少違ったりするのでは?と感じています。 ご存知の方がおりましたら、教えていただけますでしょうか?

• よろしくお願いします

(自分はいい友達を持っている、という文脈)But whenever we have a conflict, she does something I find frustrating and immature. She tells all our mutual friends about our disagreement -- and from her own biased perspective. I've picked up on this over the years because these mutual friends have let slip things that she's told them about our fights. I've also put it together for myself because whenever she fights with another friend, she tells me all about it. I've picked up on this over the years because these mutual friends have let slip things that she's told them about our fights. の和訳と、put it together for myself の意味をよろしくお願いします

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!4

At the UN,Ogata worked for refugees. She did this not because she felt sorry for them. She did this because she believe that every person has basic human rights. She believes in the dignity of every person. Let's think about the words she has said about the human rights of children. All the children in the word have the same basic human rights. They have the right to live with their families,the right to go to school in peace,and the right to grow up in safety.

• what I am about

I have been seeing a woman who is 21 years younger than I am. She says she loves me, but I am hesitant because of our age difference. We have known each other for years. She had a crush on me when she was 16, but I was married at the time, and she was too young. We made love a couple of times when she was in her 20s because I was divorced and she was single. Now it's 10 years later. I'm in my late 50s; she's in her 30s. We are both single, and she wants to take care of me for the rest of my life. She brings me lunch every once in a while, which I am amazed at because it's a long drive from where she lives. I worry about what other people will think, but she doesn't care and says she wants to love me and care for me because she knows what I am about. what I am aboutはどのような意味でしょうか?what I amとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 以下の英文の誤り

1.I have been waiting for her for about an hour, but she hasn't turned up yet. I'll wait till she will come. 2.I got very tired last Sunday, because I spent the whole day to help my help my friend move into his new apartment. 3.Would you please hand this note to whoever comes to see me while my absence? 訳をしてなぜそうなるのか説明もお願いします。

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

I'm at my wit's end over the most ridiculous disagreement with my friend. When we go out, she never drives us. She drives to my house and parks. Then she gets in my car and I always drive us to the restaurant, party, event, whatever. It's not about gas, and it's not about designating a driver. A glass of wine is about it for both of us. It's not about gas, and it's not about designating a driver. A glass of wine is about it for both of us. の文脈に合った訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think Egypt such a grip on us because they had access to stone … and with that stone they built the world's first skyscrapers.. there's something about us that we see in that ある考古学者がエジプトでピラミッドが造られた起源や目的などを語ってる内容です。 前半部分は、 「エジプト(人)は我々の興味を引きました。エジプトには石材が豊富で、その石を使い 世界初の高層建造物(ピラミッド)を造ったのです。」のような内容だと思うのですが、 最後のthere's something about us that we see in thatの意味がよくわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の並べ替え問題

回答お願いします>< ( Ronaldinho / as far / the best / know / as/ I / is ) soccer player in the world. (wrong / about / I / was/ my / new/ boss), because she is really very kind. ( it / that / my brother / is/ my mother's / dream ) and I become doctoes some day. The knight said , “( against / in / my blood / evil / fighting / is)”. ( it / not / if / for / had / been/ ) your guidance, I might have become a criminal. よろしくおねがいします>< できれば日本語訳もつけてくださると嬉しいです・・・

• なぜ進行形なのでしょうか

My daughter has a master's degree in education and spent three years as a nanny when she was an undergraduate. She recently began her first teaching job with second-grade children. The principal is terrific. However, there is an older teacher who has been at this school for years, and she is making my daughter's life miserable. This teacher runs the show. My daughter quit going to the teachers lounge, because it was a place for gossiping about other teachers and parents and speaking negatively about the children. She was pulled into the principal's office and informed that the other teachers found her "cold" and unsociable because she wasn't going to the teachers lounge. she wasn't going to the teachers loungeは文全体が過去形なので過去形になっているのは分かるのですが、なぜ進行形なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

下記の英文のbecause 以下をどう訳せばよ良いかわかりません。解説お願いします。 You know, be aspirational in every regard when it comes to racial equality because only when we are a house united will we as a nation be strong,'” she said. --補足-- 前の文 Civil rights activist Barbara Arnwine says King's speech gave hope to so many. “He was saying to the nation, 'Reach high. You know, be aspirational in every regard when it comes to racial equality because only when we are a house united will we as a nation be strong,'” she said. VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Civil-Rights-Leader-Martin-Luther-King-Honored-with-Memorial-128376533.html

フチなし印刷ができません
このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「キヤノン製品」インクジェットプリンタXK90でのフチなし印刷についての問題です。ソフトウェアの問題か、解決方法を教えてください。
  • インクジェットプリンタXK90でフチなし印刷ができない問題に悩んでいます。どうすればフチなし印刷が可能になるのか、ソフトウェアの設定や解決策を教えてください。
  • XK90プリンタでの印刷時にフチが出てしまう問題が発生しています。フチなし最大モードでも四方1mm程度のフチができてしまいます。これを解決する方法について教えてください。
回答を見る